• Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, GOODNAME said:

Look like they are listen to us, sounds amazing

Lets hope we will get good ME

I hope so too, I remember what was said & shown last year but I'm hopeful. Can't wait to see it in action 

Thank you FM team

GKs are now getting the justice they deserve. For years have GKs been the bottom of the barrel, the forgotten man in FM. GK match rating improvement are a big plus. 

i just hope SWEEPER KEEPERS are better in their positioning ( they need to support the CB more) , risk taking ( they need to rush towards opponents sometimes).

For once I want a David De Gea or a Nuer on my FM.

Edited by kingking

1 minute ago, kingking said:

i just hope SWEEPER KEEPERS are better in their positioning ( they need to support the CB more) , risk taking ( they need to rush towards opponents sometimes)

They're ultra aggressive in FM15, they must've gotten toned down in later versions so it would be good too see them back to their former glory  

Now we're talking

Very positive blog - should have been part of the headline features. As mentioned elsewhere, keepers should be able to foul but at least we'll see them coming off their line now.

Be interested to see the match footage now - variations in attack and unpredictability are much welcome additions.

The more I think about this the more excited I am to see it.

More technically minded people might be able to correct me on this but as a layman the whole prospect of the players being able to make decisions and react/change their mind sounds like a pretty big deal, and it should result in more varied and hopefully realistic gameplay.

If it is also as big a change as it sounds then it would explain why there wasn't any major update given to the ME in FM20 around February/March because the current setup had likely reached the end of the line and efforts were going into this.

I get all the people on a downer who fear there will be a load of bugs and glitches, but a lot of us wanted a big change and improvements so I would rather see the start of a big change rather than incremental and reduced improvements to the current ME which had likely reached it's peak.

Or of course it might just be the same as last year, but I'm excited to see it now!

11 minutes ago, He can't believe he's missed it said:

More technically minded people might be able to correct me on this but as a layman the whole prospect of the players being able to make decisions and react/change their mind sounds like a pretty big deal, and it should result in more varied and hopefully realistic gameplay.

This is what I'm expecting as well, especially combined with the new animation blending overhaul.

This is going to sound like I'm moaning when I'm not, just a genuine question.

Will there be any updates in terms of AI managers, in terms of squad building etc.,?

FM20 was great, but always felt to me like if you survived through 2 seasons without getting sacked then you were inevitably going to come out on top. Once you've sussed out a decent tactic then you're almost unstoppable as you can build a better squad than anyone else pretty easily while the AI never seems to succeed at that unless they've have vastly more money than anyone else.

6 horas atrás, themadsheep2001 disse:

I'm hoping it puts a bigger strain on the decision making attribute, making intelligent players really worth their weight in gold

Do you think that the difference between a good and a not so good player is barely noticeable in the ME or the difference is there but should be more noticeable?

Edited by mikcheck

I'm still trying to keep my feet on the ground until I see it for myself with my own tactics, as that announcement will inevitably have been through a marketing / PR person who'll have added their own sugar to it - that's just how this sort of announcement works in my experience, and no disrespect is intended towards SI. 

That said, even if there are lots of small improvements in the areas mentioned, it could lead to a much better match engine experience overall, even if each improvement isn't quite as glorious as first imagined. 

There is a lot to be positive about. I just hope people don't expect too much and then react negatively to small but definite improvements. 

Edited by DementedHammer

I was happy to read about the recent ME update post. Ofcourse, that doesn't mean I'll just blindly pre-order again, this time caution tells me to try the demo first and then, if happy (as I wish to be), I'll proceed to the full game.

I couldn't however hide my smile when I've seen SI post talking about the "beautiful game" and the "slices". Two months ago I would be 100% unsuspicious about it, but that's exactly the kind of vocabulary being spread by the alternate engines authors. Now, this could be a good thing, if above the marketing words we have the work to justify it, but after such great attemps to silence the people who did it, making a post using the same words, it's just... funny to read.

I wish more than ever for it to be more than words. And if it is, you have here another buyer, of another edition.

I play FM all year round and have been for decades but when it gets close to the new game beta dropping i cant bring myself to play FM feels like a waste of time and effort knowing the new one is close to dropping, actually uninstalled FM20 the weekend. Hoping it drops this week but have a feeling it'll be next week hope i am wrong as i have got 2 days off work today and tomorrow... 🙏

@Neil BrockSorry to tag you here, not sure if this is a right thread or even in right section of forum but I assume FMFC incentives such as

• Member-only opportunities and incentives   
  • Getting content on the games you play, for the platforms you play on 

don't mean the beta's locked behind FMFC? 

• Administrators
8 minutes ago, SazoJohnno said:

@Neil BrockSorry to tag you here, not sure if this is a right thread or even in right section of forum but I assume FMFC incentives such as

• Member-only opportunities and incentives   
  • Getting content on the games you play, for the platforms you play on 

don't mean the beta's locked behind FMFC? 

The Early Access beta for FM21 will be available to everyone who has pre-ordered from the participating retailers. 

16 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

The Early Access beta for FM21 will be available to everyone who has pre-ordered from the participating retailers. 

Great thank you. Will sign up for the FMFC soon. Just had to be sure that FMFC wasnt the new thing the beta would hide behind. Looking forward what FMFC bring! :)

Loving the new changes to player condition, fatigue, ratings etc. I hope its worked in such a way that constant gegenpressing for 90 mins will have a massive effect on your players fitness levels and injury susceptibility. One of the reasons the gegenpress has been so overpowered in recent editions is you could easily tell your players to intensely press for the whole match with little to no impact on fitness, which is hardly realistic. 

On the flip side, thousands of 'too many injuries' posts incoming...  

On 03/11/2020 at 12:17, Zemahh said:

Best to remain cautiously optimistic until we see the whole thing in action. Hoping they do a Twitch stream soon, that's where we usually get a first real glimpse into the match engine (real gameplay, not prerecorded trailers).

This is how FM20 match engine was hyped up:

Pretty much the same lines, improved decision making, attacking movement and defensive positioning, yet it ended up in one of the most boring match engines FM had in a long time. :lol:

Oh dear. There’s all my excitement gone. Knew I was right to put my walls up. Goodness me

Solskjaer will probably be sacked soon after FM21 is released, probably to be replaced by Poch, so I’m interested to know whether the company builds this likelihood into the game?

If I start a new game can I expect him to be sacked sometime around November? Or will the season start with him already sacked?

6 minutes ago, 2feet said:

Solskjaer will probably be sacked soon after FM21 is released, probably to be replaced by Poch, so I’m interested to know whether the company builds this likelihood into the game?

If I start a new game can I expect him to be sacked sometime around November? Or will the season start with him already sacked?

If he's sacked before data lock then the job will be open or the new man will be in place from the start of the game. If its after data lock then it will need to be updated by a update/patch and he will start the game as Man Utd manager. If my memory is correct something similar happened a couple of years ago with a big club and they released a update pretty quickly for it.