Football Manager 2021 - Out November 24th

1 hour ago, CFuller said:

No. Release day is November 24th, so you should expect the beta to come out around November 10th.

I'm hoping, for more features announcements before Nov. 10th or whatever the date the beta is going to be release.

• Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

CDKeys is not an official partner and dabbles a bit in grey market and therefore cannot provide the guarantee for beta. I preordered for same price from Shopto and the game is already in my steam account.

Edited by rosque

45 minutes ago, rosque said:

CDKeys is not an official partner and dabbles a bit in grey market and therefore cannot provide the guarantee for beta. I preordered for same price from Shopto and the game is already in my steam account.

Is Shopto definitely getting the Beta? There's no mention of it on their site

En 26/10/2020 a las 19:27, Lenzar dijo:

Just pre-ordered on CDKeys, which is clearly selling the product as FM21 (EU) + beta.

However, I get this when I click on 'add code'

image.png.72f183523a67491358acd381204dd5b6.png

i had the same problem last week. finally I had to cancel the reservation with them because they did not understand that if they gave me the key that day I would not be able to play early access.

On 26/10/2020 at 18:27, Lenzar said:

Just pre-ordered on CDKeys, which is clearly selling the product as FM21 (EU) + beta.

Whatever they say about FM and getting the Beta, it is highly unlikely you will get the Beta through CDKeys. I would cancel the order and go through Shopto

9 minutes ago, Loren1983 said:

i had the same problem last week. finally I had to cancel the reservation with them because they did not understand that if they gave me the key that day I would not be able to play early access.

7 minutes ago, davehanson said:

Whatever they say about FM and getting the Beta, it is highly unlikely you will get the Beta through CDKeys. I would cancel the order and go through Shopto

The only guaranteed digital sellers are those in SEGA's list in the stickied out now thread. Everything else is buyers beware

1 minute ago, Tony Wright 747 said:

In my opinion this should be on the offical website and not on social media

Updating social media reaches a bigger audience, and more quickly, it's how it works nowadays. The feature blogs ARE on the website.

I mean... why not both? Shouldn't be too much effort to have a thread/post here on the forums that collects the snippets posted on Twitter. Most of them do get reposted in the new feature thread, but they can easily get drowned out by all the other spam in there.

1 hour ago, Scotty Walds said:

You do you.

If someone creates a Twitter account, solely to get new features news - I don't see the problem.

It was a flippant comment to be fair.  I get that.  I used to have an account largely just for things like that, as people seemed to be going more towards putting all updates there.  But they make it extremely difficult to just see that and not the harrowing majority of people and their rancid opinions.

But like you say, you do you.  I don't agree with everything moving to social media, but see why they do it.

1 hour ago, forameuss said:

It was a flippant comment to be fair.  I get that.  I used to have an account largely just for things like that, as people seemed to be going more towards putting all updates there.  But they make it extremely difficult to just see that and not the harrowing majority of people and their rancid opinions.

But like you say, you do you.  I don't agree with everything moving to social media, but see why they do it.

Exactly same feeling here. I de-activated my twitter account last week. It just seems like a cesspoll for alpha people to rub their bare chests against each other and dick swinging on who  can spread the most hate *sigh*

13 minutes ago, DJ Sir Matthew said:

Exactly same feeling here. I de-activated my twitter account last week. It just seems like a cesspoll for alpha people to rub their bare chests against each other and dick swinging on who  can spread the most hate *sigh*

But you find out what features FM will have...so...yay?

6 minutes ago, forameuss said:

But you find out what features FM will have...so...yay?

Not too much yay on the new features. I fear more clicking and less fluidity... I hope I'm wrong. Of course if all can be diverted to ass man, then what is their added value? Anyway, pre-ordered weeks ago so I'll wait and see and hope it all turns out ok...

6 minutes ago, Bielsa1975 said:

Has transfer and player wage market been fixed ? Or is it same as last 15 versions?

Each version sees upgrades in this area, so a) the last 15 versions have not been the same and b) FM21 will have an improved transfer market and one that has been affected by COVID, see here: 

Can't remember whether it's mentioned in that blog or not, but we should see more loan to buy deals etc, so there's definitely been a lot of work done.

7 hours ago, Freakiie said:

I mean... why not both? Shouldn't be too much effort to have a thread/post here on the forums that collects the snippets posted on Twitter. Most of them do get reposted in the new feature thread, but they can easily get drowned out by all the other spam in there.

I agree. As someone that avoids social media like the plague (this site is one of the few that I've signed up to) it would be great to find the information also available somewhere less noisy than Twitter. 

5 hours ago, DementedHammer said:

I agree. As someone that avoids social media like the plague (this site is one of the few that I've signed up to) it would be great to find the information also available somewhere less noisy than Twitter. 

Yes agreed . Not everyone is on Twitter and like you i avoid those sites as they are a Mental Health issue as most social media sites are so this happened last year too . Why have a forum if your going to release details elsewhere and whats wrong with doing it on both platforms anyway 

• Administrators
8 hours ago, alian62 said:

Yes agreed . Not everyone is on Twitter and like you i avoid those sites as they are a Mental Health issue as most social media sites are so this happened last year too . Why have a forum if your going to release details elsewhere and whats wrong with doing it on both platforms anyway 

We'll do a round-up well before release, so everyone will have the opportunity to see everything announced. 

I’ve had a look through the forums, but couldn’t find anything so thought I’d ask, will the game be sold by the non league teams like previous years as me and my mates always buy it from them to help them out with a boost to there income 

Just pre-ordered from cdkeys like a lot of people have. I've also noticed on here that there's probably a good chance it won't include the beta. If I wasn't enjoying FM20 so much i'd be gutted! But I guess I get an extra two weeks on my current save :hammer:

EDIT: I've just had it confirmed by an employee that the key will be sent out separately 2 weeks before release.

Edited by enterprise1
Updated information

20 hours ago, enterprise1 said:

Just pre-ordered from cdkeys like a lot of people have. I've also noticed on here that there's probably a good chance it won't include the beta. If I wasn't enjoying FM20 so much i'd be gutted! But I guess I get an extra two weeks on my current save :hammer:

EDIT: I've just had it confirmed by an employee that the key will be sent out separately 2 weeks before release.

You've already ordered but I believe Shopto is still the cheapest.

3 hours ago, EdL said:

I wouldn't expect so we've all been working from home the entire time since March anyway!

Has working from home been easier with less distractions or has it stifled your ideas . Just curious to know how its worked for you personally and maybe an insight to what you actually do .

I've been complaining and raising bug reports for the entirety of FM20's life because the ME was terrible regarding on-ball decision making, defensive awareness, and central play. The blog mentions these three things at the top as areas of improvement! I could not be any happier. My excitement for FM21 just skyrocketed 

On 26/10/2020 at 18:27, Lenzar said:

I ordered through CDKeys as well. I checked My Account tab yesterday morning on my CDKeys page and the code was there. I entered it in Steam and the game appeared in my Steam library. Hopefully that puts your mind at rest if you haven't received your code yet.

I was very unhappy with the vagueness of the reply I received after purchase when, like you, I didn't receive my code instantly. I won't be buying from them next year. An extra 5 or 10 quid won't hurt to buy from an official Sega retailer. I consider that cheap for peace of mind that I haven't been scammed. A lesson learned I suppose.

4 minutes ago, kidd_05_u2 said:

I've been complaining and raising bug reports for the entirety of FM20's life because the ME was terrible regarding on-ball decision making, defensive awareness, and central play. The blog mentions these three things at the top as areas of improvement! I could not be any happier. My excitement for FM21 just skyrocketed 

Yes. 100%. I wasn't looking forward to the BETA anywhere near as much as previous editions if truth be told. I purchased more out of habit and to see how the new recruitment module works. 

Two major bugbears of mine, from Fm18 on and from when scouting was overhauled, are the unintelligent and unrealistic scouting module within the game and the decreasing quality of the match engine, definitely from Fm19. The notorious idiocy of wingplay drove me demented to such an extent that I attempted to go back to commentary only. That didn't work and I more or less gave up on FM20 a few months back.

Like everything else, the proof will be in the pudding once the game settles down after the beta. I really hope these improvements turn out to be so. The new non-ME additions released in the past two or three have great potential with a polished ME.