Football Manager 2021 - Out November 24th

Just now, Dagenham_Dave said:

Choose more comprehensive highlights? 

That is not a valid point. If anything, match engine should be showing you more relevant things on shorter highlights, since you obviously have less time to spot things. There's no time for irrelevant ones when you only get to see two or three of them per half, why would I want to see a throw-in instead of some failed transitions or fouls?

• Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Cro-cop said:

It might be true, but when i say movement, wasnt thinking about animations.

Yeah, I know, but I mentioned how much improved it looked, not how it played. However, it looks a lot better now that Miles took over. Those two guys makes horribly flawed tactics, so I'm happy Miles took over and made something that works... He has 3 good goals in 10 minutes of 2nd half!

à l’instant, Gegenklaus a dit :

Imagine presenting a new game for the first time and being so clueless about just setting up a simple tactic. 4-2-4 tiki taka with no holding midfielder and wingbacks bombing forward on attacking mentality. Jesus.

The two guys were just soooo bad. Imagine using a RPM with no player suited to play that role haha

4 minutes ago, Gegenklaus said:

Imagine presenting a new game for the first time and being so clueless about just setting up a simple tactic. 4-2-4 tiki taka with no holding midfielder and wingbacks bombing forward on attacking mentality. Jesus.

Miles sorted the tactic for them! ;)

6 minutes ago, XaW said:

Miles sorted the tactic for them! ;)

Yeah, but why do you let two presenting the game and they are absolutely clueless about the very core of it? I don't know why it annoys me. Maybe its because one of them was trying to explain how the players created space and he couldnt see that he basically had no midfield and a rest defense of only two central defenders. I mean, what?

1 minute ago, Gegenklaus said:

Yeah, but why do you let two presenting the game and they are absolutely clueless about the very core of it? I don't know why it annoys me. Maybe its because one of them was trying to explain how the players created space and he couldnt see that he basically had no midfield and a rest defense of only two central defenders. I mean, what?

No clue! I'd love for Miles to just talk and explain this whole presentation of the new game. Would have been more fun to see working tactics instead of the mess they made. It's nice to see that functional tactics works much better than poor ones though, so if that was the goal, then they did show that off!

2 minutes ago, XaW said:

No clue! I'd love for Miles to just talk and explain this whole presentation of the new game. Would have been more fun to see working tactics instead of the mess they made. It's nice to see that functional tactics works much better than poor ones though, so if that was the goal, then they did show that off!

Yeah you are absolutely right about that. And I like what I see. Alone the movement of the forwards and outside players trying to make the play go inside again. Looks good.

The ME is better than FM20, but still has to improve, as Miles said, this version is a "pre-beta", so let's see, i'm confident

I think the xG still has to be tweaked, in all the matches that they played, the xG was never bigger than 2

Edited by h3nrique_SEP

3 minutes ago, BusbyFergieJose said:

Match starting here,. Let's see how many highlights start with a throw in or set piece

Kick off

Free kick

Half time

Throw in 

Corner

Throw in

Free. Kick

Free kick

Full Time :D

WHAT IS GOING ON????!!!????? 

At a guess, I'd wager the key highlights in that particular match began with a set piece? Just a wild stab in the dark. 

7 minutes ago, BusbyFergieJose said:

Match starting here,. Let's see how many highlights start with a throw in or set piece

Kick off

Free kick

Half time

Throw in 

Corner

Throw in

Free. Kick

Free kick

Full Time :D

WHAT IS GOING ON????!!!????? 

Another one about to start here, let's see

They are playing Norwich 

Kick off

Throw in :D

Throw in (I think?) 

THROW IN AGAIN

Corner--goal

Half time

Free kick

Corner

Throw in again - leads to goal

Full time

Really???? 

Just now, ferrarinseb said:

Can't watch the stream so can any one see the keep the ball at the back where cb ,dm and gk has more passes than entire team of ai in lower mentalities fixed?

Hard to tell really because they're flying through the games

Lots of positives though 

Just watched a lot of the twitch stream. To me it looks without doubt the best looking Football Manager game ever. It has retained everything I wanted it to keep from 19 and 20 and changed a few things for the better. Definitely on the right track. The hearts instead of percentages for example - Good idea.  ME looks good - as someone mentioned earlier, we won’t really know how it plays until we get our own instructions going on it and play it on comp highlights or a full match. I’m glad they weren’t that tactically great on the stream because I want to find it all out by myself. 

I was particularly interested to see AMC's and/or supporting strikers movement and behavior in new ME... of course they're using formations with lone striker on Attack duty and no AMC :lol:

3 minutes ago, BusbyFergieJose said:

Another one about to start here, let's see

They are playing Norwich 

Kick off

Throw in (I think?) 

THROW IN AGAIN

Corner--goal

Half time

Free kick

Corner

Throw in again - leads to goal

Full time

Really???? 

Set piece simulator 2021 about to start it's third game here on the stream.

What do you think lads? I'm banking on a goal from a throw in here what do you think? 

They are playing millwall

Kick off

Goal kick - goal

Throw in!!

Free kick - goal

Normal play (yaaaaaayyy)

Corner

Half time

Corner

Throw in

Throw in

Throw in

Free kick

Throw in

Throw in - leading to goal

Throw in

Full time

1 minute ago, kandersson said:

I was particularly interested to see AMC's and/or supporting strikers movement and behavior in new ME... of course they're using formations with lone striker on Attack duty and no AMC :lol:

I asked a couple of times in chat but they didn't listen :D

On the set piece thing, tbf some highlights start very early, so it's like it shows the very start of the phase of play 

13 minutes ago, KlaaZ said:

To be fair, it's not because a highlight starts with a dead ball situation that it is related to that dead ball situation. It's just the cut off point at which the highlight begins.

Technically, in real life, every goal scoring opportunity starts with a dead ball situation if you go back far enough.

You've got a point there

The play looked good, no bias toward wide or central areas, some nice passing play was frustrating to watch at times with the tactics but Miles sorted out the roles

Bit hard to digest with how fast they were getting through the games, but it whets the appetite 

Although I love the addition of xG in the game, am I the only one thinking those values are too low? Every team seems to be absolutely clinical with their chances. I know that they created an own model so it is hard to compare with other ones, but they all represent the same idea. In the stream I haven't seen any team being wasteful with their chances, in the last game Milwall scored 3 with an xG of 0.55.  

Also, the value sometimes increased noticeably and there was no highlight to be seen. 

• Administrators
1 minute ago, opgen22 said:

Although I love the addition of xG in the game, am I the only one thinking those values are too low? Every team seems to be absolutely clinical with their chances. I know that they created an own model so it is hard to compare with other ones, but they all represent the same idea. In the stream I haven't seen any team being wasteful with their chances, in the last game Milwall scored 3 with an xG of 0.55.  

Also, the value sometimes increased noticeably and there was no highlight to be seen. 

Stolen from another post from @XaW but this quiz gives you a bit more insight into how chances can sometimes be more (or less) than meets the eye - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40699431

vor 9 Minuten schrieb Neil Brock:

Stolen from another post from @XaW but this quiz gives you a bit more insight into how chances can sometimes be more (or less) than meets the eye - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40699431

Fair enough, those few games probably not enough to draw an overall conclusion anyways.  :) 

I don't really get the issue with the highlights from set pieces at all.

Every game will have usually have a minimum of 30-40 throw ins, 10-20 goal kicks, 10-20 free kicks given away in the opposing half for fouls or offsides and that's before you get to corners and more attacking set piece situations.

I'm sure the ball is only "in play" for about 60 mins of the 90 mins anyway so you can argue that there is one dead ball moment per minute in every game.

For me it's a neat way of starting a highlight and you usually see a bit of play before the chance or the highlight reaches the end, so it's not an issue for me at all.

24 minutes ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

Lol I think a streamer would have been better utilized here. No shade to the guys and it was great to see the match engine improvements but it was quite boring especially when Miles left!

They had a TM on Support with no attack roles out wide either in the Birmingham game, I think they were feeling the pressure

KRO!!! :D:brock:

2 hours ago, akm.91 said:

Is it me or does FM21 look like there is MUCH more clicking, and as a result, much less user friendly? Why make things more complicated? 

Not impressed with the animations and match engine either. 

Did look that way, same as with the whole take over the youth team's training to have them open the side panel up. Still surprises me that decision.

2 hours ago, Zemahh said:

It's not really irrelevant. People want highlights that show whether their tactic is working or not. I couldn't care less about set pieces myself, it's the first thing I disregard completely when it comes to analysis. Show me open play, show me fouls, show me action leading to set pieces, but don't start the highlights from them. That tells me absolutely nothing.

THIS! Players getting into dangerous position than being tactically fouled is common place in the game. Show us more of it.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb XaW:

That's what you took from this? Even if a lot of the highlights _starts_ with a set piece, there weren't many goals from the set pieces itself...

This.

The Problem would only be if the goals come mostly from set pieces as it was the case in fm20.

From what i saw in the stream the variety of goals seems okay.

2 hours ago, BusbyFergieJose said:

What an absolute shambles, get your set pieces right and you will be a success, doesn't matter if your tactics are average. 

Tactics clearly matter how we all seen when miles made a few changes 

Okay, had some time to think about it and one thing is certain: the ME is definitely better than FM20. It’s not perfect (ofcourse it’s not) but from what I’ve seen, FM21 will be a fun game. Still not enough highlights from open play imo but maybe that’s because of the tactics they put in tonight. Anyway, I’m hopeful! You did a good job SI, and thank you for listening to us.