Football Manager 2021 - Out November 24th

During a game if I look at an xg chart and see that my team is creating quality chances but not scoring goals, then there needs to be a quick convenient way to identify which players are missing those chances so I can do something about it.

I really don’t want to have to start digging through lots of sub-menus in order to get that information.

• Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

37 minuti fa, 2feet ha scritto:

During a game if I look at an xg chart and see that my team is creating quality chances but not scoring goals, then there needs to be a quick convenient way to identify which players are missing those chances so I can do something about it.

I really don’t want to have to start digging through lots of sub-menus in order to get that information.

just check who takes most shots and you will see who is missing them. haven't looked for, but I assume that SI has implemented an xG stat per goal for each player so that should be the best way to see if a player is under/over performing

26 minutes ago, MBarbaric said:

just check who takes most shots and you will see who is missing them. haven't looked for, but I assume that SI has implemented an xG stat per goal for each player so that should be the best way to see if a player is under/over performing

Hopefully they have this. So you can have an "xG per 90" type stat available to view easily in the squad view.

My minor annoyance is how pointless the "advice" is around the xG maps. "We have been playing well because our xG is higher" isn't a factual statement, yet you'll likely get it if you manage1 long range shot while your opponent doesn't.

Same with the plot charts that compare you against the league. "Your xG is interesting compared to the league" isn't insightful at all.

Its these wee things that annoy me about FM. The staff advice is useless the majority of the time.

49 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Hopefully they have this. So you can have an "xG per 90" type stat available to view easily in the squad view.

they do have this option plus a few more added related to xG. i know miles asked the guys to show it. difficult to find the exact timestamp on the livestream though as t hey only showed it for like 5-8 seconds and the livestream is over 2.5 hours long

Edited by Artin

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

They do, I remember them showing the new Recruitment Meetings, where you can instruct your analysts to look for players with specific xG/90 and a whole bunch of other stats.

On 06/11/2020 at 07:33, RandomGuy. said:

xG isn't a case of "i scored so it should be 1".

Depends on the system used (I don't know how SciSports works theirs) a chance of 0.25 or higher is one you should be expecting to see at least troubling the keeper. Penalties for example are worth ~0.76 usually.

Screenshot_20201106-073305_Chrome.jpg.a8558850b5f0b5b98dd33be1d095b8e9.jpg

I suspect if someone is managing Chelsea in the above, they'll be on this forum creating multiple topics about how flawed everything is.

Or another example:

I don't think there was a night and day difference between fm 20 ME and fm 21 ME. The blog specifically said you'll notice and see a difference from the very first match and sadly I don't think I did, still lots of goals from set pieces and lots of wing play. That's just my initial impression from the fm stream hopefully I'll be proved wrong! I know its difficult to gauge an informed decision from just a handful of games, so I'll reserve judgment but, I am little concerned. 

Edited by Weller1980

21 minutes ago, Weller1980 said:

I don't think there was a night and day difference between fm 20 ME and fm 21 ME. The blog specifically said you'll notice and see a difference from the very first match and sadly I don't think I did, still lots of goals from set pieces and lots of wing play. That's just my initial impression from the fm stream hopefully I'll be proved wrong! I know its difficult to gauge an informed decision from just a handful of games, so I'll reserve judgment but, I am little concerned. 

I wouldn't be just yet, that ME won't be the same ME we get in Beta & by the time the third update's out it'll be even more different, hopefully for the better 

Though saying that, I thought the preview ME last year looked decent then the beta ME was a complete mess. Full back to full back crosses & balls over the top creating ridiculous amounts of CCCs off the top of my head. I remember doing a season with Bayern & conceding 4 goals 

I don't think Tom & Dom helped either with their tactics 

Edited by Johnny Ace

6 hours ago, Johnny Ace said:

I wouldn't be just yet, that ME won't be the same ME we get in Beta & by the time the third update's out it'll be even more different, hopefully for the better 

Though saying that, I thought the preview ME last year looked decent then the beta ME was a complete mess. Full back to full back crosses & balls over the top creating ridiculous amounts of CCCs off the top of my head. I remember doing a season with Bayern & conceding 4 goals 

I don't think Tom & Dom helped either with their tactics 

You forgot how good the long shots were to in the beta. Oh good golly they were OP, worldies galore.

Also I do find it funny with Tom and Dom sounds like a Saturday Morning Kid's show in the 90s.

I am personally hoping crosses will happen earlier, so that defenders don't always block them. It's been a massive annoyance on FM 20. Also, headers. Please, can someone point me if this problem has specifically been mentioned as fixed? I don't want so many headers ending up in the goalie's arms.

Just watched the live stream from earlier in the week, great job by all the team and thought it was looking good.

Just a couple of quick questions:

• Can you import tactics from FM 20?
  • Have widgets now gone, couldn’t see them on the demo?

Looking forward to playing the beta, hopefully early this coming week!!

I've watched the live stream. My first impression is that the match engine looks very promising. But, it's always hard to tell whether the match engine is improved or it's just because they're playing with a much stronger team than I'm playing with on FM20. 

The other changes and the general look and feel of the game appears very polished, and I already thought FM20 was a significant improvement over FM19 in that respect. 

I'm very enthusiastic about the revamped fitness changes. Hopefully, it will now be very difficult to play a high intensity system without players that can actually physically handle such a system. 

2 hours ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

I just hope my FM will work with silicon macs 

At this point, is is all a big ?

SI hasn't confirm anything about the new silicons macs.

Also the firsts Macs with this silicon will be presented this Tuesday (day 10 Nov. 2020) on Apple Keynote. if rumours are true.

Is just wait and see.

Edited by grade

The more I read about xG and the more people explain it to me in this thread, the more I'm convinced that I should let my tactical framework speak for itself in how it can create more good quality chances leading to better chances of goals (The ACTUAL expected goals) than relying on an obvious bait of a stat.

On 07/11/2020 at 19:14, Weller1980 said:

Yeah I'm the same. I saw a few things I wasn't a fan of in 20 still there and not much evidence of certain weaknesses being improved. Will wait for the demo and decide I guess.

12 minutes ago, rosque said:

Every time SI or Miles on his twitter announce little new feature the more I laugh at people claiming it's a re-skin and same ol' game as FM20,19,18,17,16,15,14,13,12....

Oh they annoy me, like they're going to make a completely different game every year 

10 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

Oh they annoy me, like they're going to make a completely different game every year 

No no, you cannot buy Lambo with your money or decorate the house or buy the club or have stadium creator so it's the same game as last 10 years. You do not understand.

Edited by rosque

Inevitably, there has also been big changes to the match engine and animations and early signs are good.  

‘This is the first year in a while we’ve got the defensive play really where I want it to be,’ Jacobson says.

‘Maybe historically we’ve focused too much on attacking play, there’s been a real focus on defensive and midfield and improving strikers when they’re not scoring enough goals, rather than making strikers worse when we have too many goals.’ 

Read more: https://metro.co.uk

5 minutes ago, Nikopol said:

Is there any chance to edit the database to any degree before the full release?

It's hard to take to start a BVB save without Moukoko being in it.

you can create him in fm20 editor, export the file as .xml and load the file in fm21 beta, that could work.

Hello everyone, I purchased FM 2021 just now, in presale on Steam.
I think I have read that the beta version has recently come out for those who made the purchase in advance. Why can't I find the possibility to download it on Steam?

1 minute ago, Seyen said:

Hello everyone, I purchased FM 2021 just now, in presale on Steam.
I think I have read that the beta version has recently come out for those who made the purchase in advance. Why can't I find the possibility to download it on Steam?

It hasn't been released yet.

1 minuto fa, HUNT3R ha scritto:

It hasn't been released yet.

But anyway, the release of the Beta for download is scheduled for the day, right?
Will Steam make it immediately available to those who, like me, made the presale?

Just now, Seyen said:

But anyway, the release of the Beta for download is scheduled for the day, right?
Will Steam make it immediately available to those who, like me, made the presale?

Approximately 2 weeks before release. That's all we know. When it's released, it'll be available to download on Steam.

Anyone in here from north america (USA here) ever purchase anything from shopto? It seems that they are the cheapest option I can find but from what I can tell, they are only offering digital copies for us? Am I reading this right?

-edit

tried to purchase and it is indeed a digital copy. they also want to charge another $8 for delivery. yeah, no thanks. :D

shopto.png

Edited by Deicide
price

Apple announced their new Macs will run the new M1 silicon - will that be an issue for FM21? Or earlier FMs? The new hardware is available today and I am thinking about buying one, but not having FM would be a dealbreaker, of course.🤞🏻

• SI Staff
7 minutes ago, Joey Numbaz said:

Apple announced their new Macs will run the new M1 silicon - will that be an issue for FM21? Or earlier FMs? The new hardware is available today and I am thinking about buying one, but not having FM would be a dealbreaker, of course.🤞🏻

It will run via the emulation like pretty much all thirdparty software from the outside until people have time to convert to running under ARM