• Croatia
    • Sweden
    • Switzerland
    • Austria
    • Poland
    • Ukraine
    • One out of Hungary/Slovakia/Macedonia/Finland/Czech Republic

3 minutes ago, decapitated said:

On paper they should win it hands down, but they've been pretty inconsistent in recent matches if I recall. Portugal would be my 2nd favourite.

Yeah they have but I just fancy them to step it up on the big occasion.

Portugal have a very good starting 11 but they too can be poor at times and did finish behind Ukraine in qualifying. 

Belgium should probably be the faves but as we've already seen in recent tournaments can easily fail.

England will hopefully have home advantage all the way through pretty much but I do think Southgate will be our undoing. Won't get a better opportunity to win it again for a long time either but no doubt I'll be crying into my Vodka around the quarter final stage.

Obviously Germany, Spain and Holland are more than capable to win the whole thing too.

Then below them you have Italy and Croatia

I've almost mentioned every team in the tournament ffs :D which means it should be a good watch for us.

Tough to call. Can make a case for so many teams. I went with England because I think they're playing well, have a lot of players in good form, and I think they're at home for every game but one if they go all the way. All of that mitigates having a coach who I don't think is very good.

Should add that's on the basis that they don't play 3-4-whatever in the tournament for any significant games, or in fact for many games at all. I think if they go with a back three they'll lose in the last 16. In which case I'd pick whoever beats them in that match.

I think it's England's to lose this time around.  If things go to plan and all the games are at Wembley that's a huge advantage, even with a limited crowd.  I think Belgium are the real danger as I think they're the best team.  But after that I don't think there is anyone to really worry about.  France are bound to be there or thereabouts and there'll probably be a surprise package.  Maybe Russia again.  Italy and Germany will flatter to deceive I think.

With the right squad selection, formation, and approach, I can't see past England. Other teams like France and Spain have bigger names but I'm not convinced. If Southgate were to bottle it, Portugal is a decent shout to retain it.

France for me, strongest team man for man, best player overall in Mbappe and tournament winning experience. Deschamps is far from a revolutionary but I think they'll still do enough. Portugal next I think.

If England win the group then they'll likely need to take a scalp in the last 16, if they can do that then I think they'll be in with a chance but I'll believe it when I see it.

We need one of the forwards to turn up and have a great tournament. Chiesa, Immobile or Insigne, doesn't matter which one, although they preferably need to score 4+ goals in the process. If they perform as they have before then we'll lack quality in attack to win a tight knockout game, despite Verratti and Barella running things behind them.

I'd have gone for us if it wasn't for Southgate, as it was went with France.  Southgate has frequently shown a strange reluctance to use subs, that I believe has cost us, and that's going to be particularly important this time round with fatigue and the extra subs allowed.  Hopefully that'll mean he'll embrace them more but I just don't trust his ability to find solutions when a match isn't going well. 

Think France ought to win it. Still got a great nucleus of a team, and have that proper star quality in Mbappe. England will come unstuck as soon as we meet one of the recognised 'big boys'. Might change that view though if we don't meet one till the SF, by which government have said 90k is good to go. Proper home game then.

Giving how weird this season has been across leagues, I've gone Turkey to win to keep the weird year up. Yilmaz to fire them to glory. On the side of the draw where they could feasibly get to SF without meeting anyone significantly big outside of Italy in the groups.

England fans asked to name the best XI players in the World right now...

Pickford, TAA, Maguire, Stones, Chilwell, Rice, Sterling, Mount, Rashford, Kane, Foden

England fans asked to predict how well they will do in the poxy Euros...

We will be happy to score 1 goal and if we get a point its overachieving. Our squad and players are the best in the World, but we are underdogs.

:D

3 hours ago, bestbrother said:

England fans asked to name the best XI players in the World right now...

Pickford, TAA, Maguire, Stones, Chilwell, Rice, Sterling, Mount, Rashford, Kane, Foden

England fans asked to predict how well they will do in the poxy Euros...

We will be happy to score 1 goal and if we get a point its overachieving. Our squad and players are the best in the World, but we are underdogs.

:D

Not even the most stoned out of their eyeballs, pissed up, biased moron of an England fan would have Pickford as the best keeper in the world :D 

3 hours ago, Pukey said:

Not even the most stoned out of their eyeballs, pissed up, biased moron of an England fan would have Pickford as the best keeper in the world :D 

My sister's (then) BF kept telling me he was the best keeper in the world at the last World Cup. Drove me ****ing nuts. And yes he was an insane biased moron :D.

Though this is also a guy who'd do that obnoxious Ronaldo celebration every time he scored a goal against me on FIFA ffs. So yeah...

Edited by G-Man11

On 14/05/2021 at 08:37, Christmas said:

I would love it, love it, if England knock out from a Harry Maguire massive error. Ever since he was drawing little tv screens against Colombia

That first sentence is terribly worded but what a random player to hate on.

7 hours ago, Baptista_8 said:

That first sentence is terribly worded but what a random player to hate on.

He is very hateingable.

He cries to referees all the time despite being very big, he gets drunk and fights in Greece (technically legally unproved or whatever), and he's rubbish.

But he was kind of a little funy in a TV advert once I saw.

• 3 weeks later...