[FM20][FM21][FM22][FM23] Calcio

zlatanera

On 08/04/2020 at 06:10, quee said:

@Ronaldo Beckham @Weston @WilsonJuve I've decided against getting the editor, besides the Mac version doesn't seem to be able to alter retirement date anyway.

Hide contents

900111856_Screenshot2020-04-0714_15_24.thumb.png.d7f3801f29068f87d9cc12e1ef61cc57.png

This helped me decide, though :D Justified enough not to spend £6 just to fix one tiny thing in the game.

It took Buffon 20 days to get back to me after asking him to reconsider and when it was finalised he's going to retire regardless, I sent him on a coaching course and thought I never did checked his staff attributes :D

Happy enough that he's part of the first team coaching staff now!

Reveal hidden contents

Not even as a goalkeeper coach! As he actually is a 4* coach for outfield and 3.5* coach for the goalkeeping field :D I already have a 4* and a 4.5* goalkeeping coach in the first team, but I'm finding it hard to find 4* Italian coach - hence, the Buffon's solution.

Only wished the determination and man management is swapped over. Overall, happy enough with the development, though definitely preferred him to stay on for one more season just so he can tutor Alastra.

This was his starting attributes, @john1, when he retired.

Will edit this post to calculate his total attributes gained from National A (starting) to Continental A (currently) over 2 years.

Edit:

Att +2

Def +4

Fit +2

Mental +3

Tactical +3

Technical +3

Working with Youngsters +0

GK Distribution +4

GK Handling +3

GK Shot Stopping +4

Adaptability +0

Determination +0 MAXED

Level of Discipline +0

Man Management +1

Motivating +5

Judging Player Ability +2

Judging Player Potential +2

Judging Staff Ability +0

Negotiating +0

Tactical Knowledge +3

Total attributes gained = +41

Best gain is in Motivating, which is great as it helps with his coaching attributes. Discipline still lacking at 10 (no changes)

Edited by quee
Attributes gained calculated.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, LucasBR said:

I think you have a good chance to be the second in this group, you can beat Valencia and Rennes.

I am hoping our home games will see us through :brock:

7 hours ago, quee said:

Welcome, Shaun!

@john1 did a season with Pescara before moving to Atlanta. In this thread, so far nobody have done Siena nor Empoli. So, should be interesting.

You could always go for either Serie B teams before moving to Fiorentina in your save some seasons later, though you will miss out managing Chiesa and Castrovilli most likely :D

Looking forward to what you decide next.

Thanks for the welcome!

I’d recommend going Siena if anyone is looking for a Serie C team. Some good young players are disposal (some on loan)

I’m swaying towards Pescara, they did come up when I clicked “pick a team for me” so maybe something there. I do have a fiorentina save ready to be used but wanted a bit of a change before getting back to it

Have had to stop playing for a bit while SI looks at a potential bug in my game. In the meantime, please enjoy this odd clip in which my player appears to steal the ball and run over the sideline just to blast it at a teammate warming up. He misses, but the other guy dives anyway.

2 minutes ago, john1 said:

I am hoping our home games will see us through :brock:

You can't drop points for them, especially at home, but I strongly believe you'll went through this group.

11 minutes ago, Weston said:

please enjoy this odd clip in which my player appears to steal the ball and run over the sideline just to blast it at a teammate warming up. He misses

Sounds like you need to train his decision making... then his finishing!

3 minutes ago, Weston said:

Have had to stop playing for a bit while SI looks at a potential bug in my game. In the meantime, please enjoy this odd clip in which my player appears to steal the ball and run over the sideline just to blast it at a teammate warming up. He misses, but the other guy dives anyway.

IMG_7962.mov 2.01 MB · 0 downloads

Haha!! Love it how he went down after the ball went past him :lol: 

15e45fcfefd1d79388ae242ed4db88a5.png 
Here is my transfers screen after deadline closed. Was surprised I managed to get 30M out of Real Madrid for Maksimovic :eek: The ones I have highlighted are regens, also Di Giovanni is regen too. Had a chance to sign Fabio Silva from Porto for 14M but somehow my DOF, ****ed it up all via contract negotiations and rejected us, however he's still at Porto, will try again at some point!

I'm faced with a problem and I'm curious how you all think I should handle it. A bit of a long post, so feel free to ignore, but I'm genuinely interested in your thoughts.

The board has accepted a transfer offer for my starting striker and rejected my request to reconsider. This in and of itself is fine, as it's a realistic part of the game.

image.thumb.png.093afe087b73655663fc991b083e86fa.png

But, we're wildly exceeding all expectations with a narrow lead on top of the league with less than half the season to go, and the starter is happy and in good form. The offer was nothing special (the initial fee is even below his market value!), we have a 15m budget left, we have more money than ever before and are turning a profit with TV money nearly 3x our wage budget, and we just made a 67m transfer to China with over 15m still left to come in over the next two years.

This is right after the transfer window has closed, so I can't replace him, and we'll have a massive hole in the squad while entering the home stretch in two different competitions, possibly tanking our chances at the scudetto. Also, I'm rated "untouchable" by the board and wasn't even given the chance to protest beyond that one line, when I feel like I should be able to go further and say something like "I'll quit if you let this happen!"

Obviously if this is just a fact of the game I will accept it and move on, but this is uniquely baffling and seems such a blatantly poor choice that I can't help but feel it's a bug of some sort. I raised it in the bug forum and they said it seems harsh but they can't get it to replicate at all when they test (which is strange in and of itself), so they can't be sure. I'd understand it if we needed the money, or he was unhappy, or there was nothing left to play for, or they negotiated for it to go through at the end of the season, but none of those scenarios are the case here. Why would they jeopardize winning the league by selling a perfectly happy starter we can't replace for money we don't need? Why would he want to miss out on potentially winning the league and qualifying for the Champions League?

This is especially ironic because I just sent another player in his position out on loan a month earlier because Thiago was filling that space in the team, and I can't bring him back outside a transfer window. To make things worse, if I try to accept he's leaving and offer him out in hopes of getting a better deal, none of the 6 other clubs interested in him make an offer. Just strange all around. To add insult to injury they lowered the percentage of transfer revenue retained right before.

So my question is, should I suck it up and play on, and if so should I leave at the end in disgust (even though there will be no option to convey this is the reason)? Or is this an unrealistic bug and I should use the editor to undo the transfer and bring him back? Should I bring him back but have him set to leave for this amount after the season ends? I don't want to "cheat," but I don't want to have my hard work ruined over nothing either. I think the harsh reality is I should accept it and play on, but you're welcome to talk me down from the ledge anyway 😬

4 minutes ago, Stackalee said:

Stupid question but can you not just offer him a contract and hope to beat the bidding team?

No, game has that blocked as it would interfere with the transfer offer. Here's his page. Just trained him to place shots just a short while ago :(

image.thumb.png.e0affa35243e16b2e3568ab08b3c05a2.png

image.thumb.png.8e947fc671a8970d69795f6d825eed24.png

This messes up all my non-EU calculations too, if I had known this would happen I'd have sent away another non-EU player to bring my total down from 4 to 2. Not to mention if I knew he'd be leaving I would've brought my other striker back from his loan in January!

Edited by Weston

That's brutal, I don't think I've had an offer in for somebody I couldn't tell the board to get stuffed on - except ones I didn't care about.

Not sure I can offer any good advice here, to me it completely depends on you/how you want to run the save/how important the player is to your aims for the save.

You'll probably get better value for the save by just leaving him to go to be fair.

4 minutes ago, Stackalee said:

That's brutal, I don't think I've had an offer in for somebody I couldn't tell the board to get stuffed on - except ones I didn't care about.

Not sure I can offer any good advice here, to me it completely depends on you/how you want to run the save/how important the player is to your aims for the save.

You'll probably get better value for the save by just leaving him to go to be fair.

Probably. Just seems strange since the board has said they have complete trust in me in the past and this reads like they're torpedoing their best chance at silverware for no particular reason. If this were real life I'd genuinely threaten to leave the club over this, which I've never felt the need to do in board disagreements before, and this is the one time there's no option to say it!

Edited by Weston

2 hours ago, shaunb96 said:

I’m swaying towards Pescara

Yeah, go for it. Do it for more than @john1's 1 season :D

2 hours ago, Weston said:

I'm not seeing it like you did here, Weston.. What I saw is your player trying to HIT YOU and the player behind you was just surprised with a delayed reaction :lol:

Kudos to you though, for making it cool and like not even a bullet could hit you :D

18 minutes ago, Weston said:

So my question is, should I suck it up and play on, and if so should I leave at the end in disgust (even though there will be no option to convey this is the reason)? Or is this an unrealistic bug and I should use the editor to undo the transfer and bring him back? Should I bring him back but have him set to leave for this amount after the season ends? I don't want to "cheat," but I don't want to have my hard work ruined over nothing either. I think the harsh reality is I should accept it and play on, but you're welcome to talk me down from the ledge anyway 😬

Since they cannot replicate a similar situation, doesn't that mean you can just load that save back up from before the bid happened?

I think reputation wise could be a factor here. But I would say, do what you want and need to. It's your save, so it doesn't matter as long you enjoy it. The fact that you mentioned all the things that you altered using the editor, etc., meant that it's not about showing off or boasting about your 'achievements', which is okay for me. I still enjoy reading your updates at face value.

What most people don't want to see is if you cheated and try to boast about it online :lol:

On 16/04/2020 at 17:44, quee said:

Trying to keep track of who's managing who in this thread since the beginning (who has posted at least an update here):

? = status unknown since last post/update

bold = active/still playing/just started/have recently made an update in April.

1. @themario - Milan
  2. @yellowforever - Inter?
  3. @Chris2509 - Brescia (status: save ended)
  4. @GunmaN1905 - Inter (twice) (I believed he has stopped playing FM20 now :D)
  5. @gandrasch - Inter?
  6. @jonathan44 - Bari?
  7. @Carlf788 - Perugia?
  8. @Maxuma - Venezia?
  9. @Daws88 - Roma?
  10. @n1mez - Was Roma, Was Milan, Parma currently (latest update in 2023)
  11. @alexdbaf - Roma?
  12. @Vokes - Brescia?
  13. @turgi - Was Milan, Atlanta, Catanzaro currently.
  14. @Rober82 - Was Lecce, Brescia, Foggia in Serie D (new)
  15. @Juventus - Juventus?
  16. @303jonas - Inter Milan?
  17. @DazBlade - Sassuolo?
  18. @Ronaldo Beckham - Was Cagliari, Parma currently (status: save ended).
  19. @CR#7 - Lazio (status: save ended)
  20. @joeys - Avellino?
  21. @FifaBing - Milan?
  22. @hbsssj - Milan?
  23. @lfc7 - Atlanta?
  24. @Firehouse - Perugia?
  25. @2481 - Parma?
  26. @Adzke - Was Juventus, Reggina currently (latest update 2020/2021)
  27. @Stu_UBJ - Pro Vercelli (status: save ended)
  28. @lblanc - Inter Milan (status: save ended)
  29. @WilsonJuve - Monza>Napoli>Chelsea>Juventus currently (in 2025)
  30. @john1 - Milan, Pescara>Atlanta currently (latest update 2021/2022)
  31. @LucasBR - Roma (currently in 4th season)
  32. @citylad20 - Roma?
  33. @Knox316 - Bologna currently.
  34. @XuluBak - Was Atlanta, Frosinone (status: save ended)
  35. @Cas46 - Roma? (last update 2029 in game)
  36. @quee - Parma (4 months) then restarted, currently Parma again (3rd season - January Transfer Window)
  37. @dubby151 - Brescia?
  38. @Constantine - Modena? (previous update 2027)
  39. @CRN711 - Parma (latest update in 2024)
  40. @Matt_1979 - Was Torino, Milan currently (latest update in 2021)
  41. @Weston - Bari (latest update in 2024)
  42. @Vizzini - Milan (latest update in 2024/2025)
  43. @Eddie Boop - Lazio?
  44. @Mr_Demus - Chievo (sacked), Palermo currently (holidayed first season - currently at end of 2020/2021)
  45. @Muttley84 - Udinese (last update: save ended), Crotone currently (latest update 2020/2021 - relegated and save ended?)
  46. @Fraser - Genoa (latest update in 2020/2021 season)
  47. @bendixkunert2 - Brescia (status: save crashed), Palermo currently (latest update 2020/2021)
  48. @rafaelbenitez - Torino, Milan currently,
  49. @ajt - Catania
  50. @ParanoidBuddha - Juventus
  51. @DaaNMaaN - Liverpool>Lazio currently (joining in 2021)
  52. @sedge11 - Lazio (new) (latest update end of season 1 - 2019/2020)
  53. @RVP32 - Roma (new)
  54. @dennislauridsen - Milan (new)
  55. @Sh0tee - Parma previously 2025-2032 (6 years journeyman save), Sampdoria currently (new)
  56. @oze07 - Roma? (new)
  57. @HiggyTMT - Parma (new)
  58. @oakesypvfc - Roma (new)
  59. @Akustik - Milan (new)
  60. @shaunb96 - Fiorentina, Siena, Pescara currently (new)

So, around 31 players currently active. Interesting to see if some of the earlier players still playing in Italy or have moved on.

Special mentions for WilsonJuve, the only player continuing his career save by changing clubs so far. :D

Added #58-60, lots of new players! Welcome! Roma and Milan seems to be the most popular now :D

20 minutes ago, quee said:

Since they cannot replicate a similar situation, doesn't that mean you can just load that save back up from before the bid happened?

I think reputation wise could be a factor here. But I would say, do what you want and need to. It's your save, so it doesn't matter as long you enjoy it. The fact that you mentioned all the things that you altered using the editor, etc., meant that it's not about showing off or boasting about your 'achievements', which is okay for me. I still enjoy reading your updates at face value.

The problem is I didn't notice at first that the board had accepted so I just ignored the offer and played on and saved over it before I realized. The last save I have that is separate is way before all these matches I'd have to replay...

image.thumb.png.48a8b184651fa3002fb7834895383714.png

What do you mean by reputation?

21 minutes ago, quee said:

What most people don't want to see is if you cheated and try to boast about it online :lol:

19 minutes ago, Stackalee said:

That's true, they might even accuse you then ignore you when you prove them wrong. :lol:

I agree with you both.

And it's not inherently cheating to use the editor, it depends what you do with it. I use it to workaround smaller bugs all the time, like the Dimarco incident, without issue. If anything I think leaving the first transfer window on and downloading tactics and using genie scout is "cheating," but I'm still not going to attack anyone for choosing to play a game how they want to.

What's crazy is I posted a picture of a newgen Czech goalkeeper I found named Petr Cech with the caption "Do you believe in reincarnation?" as a joke and was accused by like 10 different people of faking it, so I've accepted people will be angry if you post online no matter what it is  :lol:

3 minutes ago, Stackalee said:

Oh so has he actually left? I was hoping he was going to reject their offer and make you feel daft for sweating it.

Yes he left and I was confused because I never accepted the offer so I went back and looked and that's how I noticed the board went over my head. I saved after the Juve game and so that's where I am now. I genuinely thought it was a bug (and it may be, still really unsure).

1 minute ago, Weston said:

The problem is I didn't notice at first that the board had accepted so I just ignored the offer and played on and saved over it before I realized. The last save I have that is separate is way before all these matches I'd have to replay...

image.thumb.png.48a8b184651fa3002fb7834895383714.png

What do you mean by reputation?

Player and club reputation. Maybe your chairman rarely got such bids? Maybe the player is playing above his ability (boosted his value and reputation, but susceptible to offers whilst he's still in demand - it can happen irl for one hit wonder and so on)

If I were you, I would prefer to reload and redo all those games than use the editor, since it's cleaner this way :D Just my opinion.

The valuation of players, boards perceived valuation of the player, finances, projected finance, potential profit on players amongst many others.

You can proceed in whatever way you wish it's entirely up to you. The issue you have reported certainly doesn't seem a game breaking bug just a questionable board decision.

@Weston I agreed with what Ben said above. From the way he explained it, it is not a bug, per say. Just questionable board decision, which could happen, on top of my reputation explanation.

So, I would oppose to using the editor as a recommendation. Either proceed with the save or reload the save back, so things can play out naturally. In my opinion and advice :D

Finally decided to go for it with Pescara. I’ll try update as much as possible. First window deactivated and started early pre-season.

What’s everyone’s preference, do you download tactics or try and find something for yourself?

For me, I download a few and will try and tinker with them to suit my squad. Have a few tactics I’ve done myself but was pre-update and haven’t used any since

Just now, shaunb96 said:

What’s everyone’s preference, do you download tactics or try and find something for yourself?

I usually just choose whatever the recommended default is and adjust it on the go to suit the players I have. I didn't get any green-partnership lines until the middle of my 2nd season :lol:

1 minute ago, quee said:

I usually just choose whatever the recommended default is and adjust it on the go to suit the players I have. I didn't get any green-partnership lines until the middle of my 2nd season :lol:

Kulusevski update.....He is certainly adapting to life in Madrid.
ADF87F8C33CF80E90FCA98B9F82C40CD4D734F8E

1 minute ago, WilsonJuve said:

Standard 4-4-2 playing right midfield. He is there best player so far this season and there top of La Liga

Nice! Would you have kept him if you had gone to Juve sooner?

6 minutes ago, WilsonJuve said:

100% only have de ligt still at the club but he has handed a transfer request in due to no champions league football

Can we see Juve squad now under you?

Ronaldo just extended his contract in mine, so he will be playing still in the 4th season (2022/2023).

1 hour ago, quee said:

Player and club reputation. Maybe your chairman rarely got such bids? Maybe the player is playing above his ability (boosted his value and reputation, but susceptible to offers whilst he's still in demand - it can happen irl for one hit wonder and so on)

If I were you, I would prefer to reload and redo all those games than use the editor, since it's cleaner this way :D Just my opinion.

1 hour ago, quee said:

@Weston I agreed with what Ben said above. From the way he explained it, it is not a bug, per say. Just questionable board decision, which could happen, on top of my reputation explanation.

So, I would oppose to using the editor as a recommendation. Either proceed with the save or reload the save back, so things can play out naturally. In my opinion and advice :D

Oh man, I don't know if I have it in me to replay all of those matches, especially with them being so big. I'd want the results to end up the same, and it would drive me mad trying to recreate everything I've done in the interim month.

I just went back to the previous save and holidayed ahead, and no offer for the player ever comes in on that day, and though he is wanted, it's by other clubs. So strange. Ugh.

(On another note, it's wild to see how drastically different and objectively awful the formations become when you're not in charge of the games being played...)

1 minute ago, Weston said:

(On another note, it's wild to see how drastically different and objectively awful the formations become when you're not in charge of the games being played...)

Use current match tactics?

2 minutes ago, Weston said:

I'd want the results to end up the same, and it would drive me mad trying to recreate everything I've done in the interim month.

If you wanted the same results/scoreline/scorers, etc. again, then you might just as well use the editor and be done with it :D That would be crazy!

38 minutes ago, shaunb96 said:

For me, I download a few and will try and tinker with them to suit my squad. Have a few tactics I’ve done myself but was pre-update and haven’t used any since

I always make my own to the team I am.

I do have a main tactic that’s a 4-3-3 that I made and have saved, it’s one I mainly use for most teams, and I will always have it at least in one of the 3 spots. But with my Lazio save I made 5 at the back tactic as it suited their team, I never really use 5 at the back, never really liked that formation but have grown to like it in this save.

11 minutes ago, sedge11 said:

But with my Lazio save I made 5 at the back tactic as it suited their team, I never really use 5 at the back, never really liked that formation but have grown to like it in this save.

They have the players for it as well. Atlanta and maybe Roma are the other teams that would do well with a back-5.

I'm playing with AC MILAN. 

I hesitate between two players in the first transfer window. Moussa Dembele (25.5M €) or (Belotti 35M €)

Belotti wants 750000€ monthly and Dembele wants 580000€ monthly.

I sold for 0€ Zlatan to Leicester because I need pacy strikers.

Who should I choose ?

33 minutes ago, quee said:

They have the players for it as well. Atlanta and maybe Roma are the other teams that would do well with a back-5.

My transfer business for season 2 means I’ve got some strong defenders to keep the 5 at the back as well. Will share an update later this evening.

So finally finished the summer and transfers for season 2.

As previously posted we had big offers for both SMS & Alberto, they were both rejected and both given new contracts.

2027841059_s2transfers.thumb.png.b1dc83151f7c3719f2a47010fed4a83b.png

Lazio had a lot of players out on loan in season 1, most of them came back and were swiftly sold or released. otherwise there weren't any big outs.

To the in's, Escalante was a pre arranged deal at the start of the game. Tonali was transfer listed, is young and Italian so a no brainer. Ajer is a player I like and for a versatile defender of his quality 22 mil is a bargain.  Finally Milenkovic, another one that was transfer listed, he is someone I had on my Man Utd and he was incredible, Inter were sniffing around and I couldn't let them get him so in he came.

All 3 of my deals had quite abit of their fees paid in instalments.

The weirdest transfer of the game goes to Barcelona, signing Iwobi from Everton for 38 mil :lol:.

This is how my squad looks going into the season.

1712890818_laziosquad.thumb.png.f66f4d442b2463141f1fe2def1c2d71d.png

The defence is now very strong, I think we can run Juventus close.

Won my 1st 2 games, 2-0 and 1-0. To add Ronaldo has 6 goals in 3 games already for Juventus :(.

Finished season 1 and my god what a season it was.

For the longest time, I've been closely following Juventus. Frustratingly so, often losing points when I needed to get them and with Ronaldo being on the madness he was, I was afraid I wouldn't catch up.

Until they drew and I made the gap 1 point. And then came our confrontation in round 33. Pellegri bagged a brace to guide us through 3-1 and overtake them. From there, I didn't let go of the lead and secured the league by the skin of our teeth. Imagine being Ronaldo and breaking the Serie A goalscoring record and still coming in second.

Also beat Juve in the Italian Cup final securing that one. And as if it couldn't get any better, we went on to beat Man United in the Euro League final, doing a treble. Something I didn't dare to think of when I started.

Pau Lopez was a god in goal. As a team, we conceded the least amount in the league (While my backline isn't even that spectacular.) and Pau Lopez had 15+ clean sheets. Pellegri became our top scorer for the season, scoring 18 in total. 12 in the Serie A in 25 appearances. Not bad.

Kluivert was on an absolute madness. I remember saying I was frustrated with his style of play and the fact he lacked end product. But boy, he developed like a madlad and together with Pellegri, ensured our solid display in the second half of the season. Pellegrini has also been instrumental, with Zaniolo bagging important goals from midfield. Kolarov also performed way better than I imagined.

Sadly, also negatives. Under started out unreal but really cooled off as the season went along. As if him and Kluivert completely switched around in terms of attitude and style. As a result of this, I was happy to cash in the moment Arsenal offered 64million straight up.

Depth-wise, it was not great. Loads of loanies I didn't want or need (ended up going for none of them permanently.) so the squad was thinned out a lot. THen there were also old players on big wages like Pastore, Dzeko and Nzonzi and players who straight up weren't good enough for what I want in the depth (Lucas Perez).

Luckily, I also got some loanies back. Florenzi and Schick returned, strengthening our depth and with the money made off of selling the old and expensive, we managed to reform the squad somewhat. Got in Pellegrini from loan from Juve for 2 seasons with a 35 million buy clause. Here's to hoping our financial status holds up for us to do that. Ricciardi got promoted, making our Pastore replacement free. Then Tonali got transferlisted by Brescia (Weird cause they didn't relegate and he wasn't happy). Knowing our financial situation, I probably shouldn't have, but I swooped in with installments, reeling him in as new DLP. A midfield of Zaniolo, Pellegrini and Tonali definitely isn't too shabby. Most other were transfer listed players for cheap like Rugani from Juve (Around 11 million) and Lamela from Spurs (Around 14 million). The only position I'm looking to strengthen now is centreback to find someone who's equal to Mancini in terms of ability to solidify the defense and a second left winger so Lamela can compete with him. (Romagnoli would be the dream for centreback since he's homegrown but that's going to cost me.)

And then there are also the English clubs. They got money for sure. So much so that Manchester United offered up to 132 million (!) for Pellegrini. Pellegrini himself wasn't interested and neither was I. Even though I do have to admit that it started to itch a bit but considering we wouldn't get much back of it enough for me to find a replacement of similar ability, I was fine letting it go. Man City came in for Kluivert with 89 million, but the same case with Pellegrini. Neither him or I were interested, so it was left at that and rejected.

But then United came in for Spinazolla. 60 million up front. I promised him I'd accept 55 after they came with 42 up front and some extra in installments. Now question remains if I accept it, if I will be able to get a good rightback for cheaper of similar ability. Already sent my scouts out to go and gauge the price for the Japanese wonderkick from Bologna and awaiting judgement for that.

All in all, a lot more enjoyable than I had expected. I definitely had moments my fun started to falter but then it resparked and I never looked back. Here's to a just as succesful second season.

Edited by RVP32

8 hours ago, sedge11 said:

This is how my squad looks going into the season.

Is Andre Anderson developing well in your save?

Unfortunately 2 unsuccessful loan spells in Serie B in mine seemed to regress his ability and potential a lot. Was looking at bringing him.

252.png?lm=1438591281

Genoa – 21-22 pre-season, transfer updates and up to Matchday 2:

An award to be noted, as Marco Sportiello was named Serie A Goalkeeper of the Year and subsequently made the Serie A Team of the year. Not bad for £600k.

As the 20-21 season ended my first priority was to make decisions on what to do with players who are out of contract in just over a year (July 2022).

Contract extensions were agreed with:  Criscito (2023), Sturaro (2024), Pajac (2024), Lerager (2024), Omeonga (2023), Cleonise (2024).  We also agreed an extension for Ricardo Kishna (2024), removing his £5m Champions League release fee. He was already valued at £6m, so it seemed a smart move.

Leaving us at the start of July 2021:

• Peter Ankersen – the back up right back did a job but I can’t justify spending 20k per week wages on someone who barely plays. 
  • Giacomo Calo, who featured from the bench 7 times but is aged 24 now and never going to be good enough.
  • Koray Gunter, my 4th choice centre back, left on a pre-contract for Istanbul Basaksehir.
  • Jandrei, my 3rd choice goalkeeper (after returning from Brazil in January) joined Santos on a free.

The transfer and wage budgets stayed broadly the same at £16m and £675k per week.  I had not let many players go, and realistically only needed to replace Ankersen (DR) and Gunter (DC).  Ankersen was ‘replaced’ by 22 year old Federico Valietti from my reserve squad but I still needed to buy a centre back to replace Gunter.

We had a 100% record in pre-season, with wins at Swansea (2-0), Albissola (7-0), Virtus Entella (2-1), St Georgen (6-0) and finally a 3-1 home win against Villarreal.

In early August we also agreed extensions to 2026 for Sportiello and Cassata. Always good to get key players tied down for the long term.

The first transfer in was the purchase of Duje Caleta-Car from Marseille.  The Croatia international defender was listed for £1.1m but I was wary of his £39k per week wages. 

My first bid was £1.1m, but asking Marseille to contribute £10k a week to his wages.  Marseille negotiated, asking for £1.5m if they had to make the £10k contribution.  Given that they would pay the £10k until the end of his Marseille contact in 2023, some quick maths had me figuring out that they are basically asking for £400k extra now but it would save me over £1m in the next 2 seasons. Deal done.

Serie A:

August:  We started the season away to the new champions, Lazio. We played okay but went down 1-0 to an Immobile penalty. 

We then welcomed Milan for our first home match of the season.  An end to end game ended with us getting a 3-2 win. The match was settled by Marko Pajac, after Douglas Costa and Duvan Zapata had earlier scored levellers in between goals from Kishna and Pinamonti.

We ended the month with a last-minute move on transfer deadline day.  I thought I’d maybe try to get a midfielder to keep everyone on their toes, and to have better options for Europe, but didn’t really expect to find a suitable deal.  I took a gamble, bidding the £3m value for my only realistic target and, after negotiations,  Alexandru Cicaldau (a 24 year old Romania international midfielder) joined for £3.8m from CS Craiova.

For the first time at Palermo, my team is struggling. Started of Serie B with 3 wins, 1 draw, 0 losses (10 points) and 8-0 in goals. We met pretty decent opposition. Suddenly, the dreaded, inexplicable collapse happened. 1 draw and 2 losses. 2 goals scored, 5 conceded against worse opposition than the first 4 games.

4 hours ago, quee said:

Is Andre Anderson developing well in your save?

Unfortunately 2 unsuccessful loan spells in Serie B in mine seemed to regress his ability and potential a lot. Was looking at bringing him.

I've just attempted to sign him. At first, I declared interest. He then said he was hoping I would make an official bid, as he dreamed of playing for Reggina (who wouldn't, right?), but when I had a bid accepted, he wouldn't even discuss contract details. But he looks like a great, young player :|

53 minutes ago, OlivierL said:

I'm planning to start with a team from Serie D (a classic Palermo game) but i have to holiday the game or download a database i suppose ?

I would download a database. @Mr_Demus is doing Palermo, ask how they did it. I did a database to allow me to play as Bari in FM19.