Football Manager 2020 Feedback Thread

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, SebastianRO said:

The best feedback I can give you is: make it even remotly close to what you see below and then I will be a very happy player / customer. That is what central play means. That is what intricate passing means. That is what variety in goals mean. That is what exploiting the middle means. That is how your creative players damage the oppositions. You can find that in one single match in FM18, yet you need to play 20+ games in FM20 to spot half of these things. Pour yourselves a glass boys and enjoy the video. Cheers

I saw goals like this pretty often on the recent Beta. 3 years in on my Bilbao save and I've seen the majority of my goals from central through balls. I am not seeing any of the issues people are bringing up regarding central play    

14 minutes ago, SebastianRO said:

The best feedback I can give you is: make it even remotly close to what you see below and then I will be a very happy player / customer. That is what central play means. That is what intricate passing means. That is what variety in goals mean. That is what exploiting the middle means. That is how your creative players damage the oppositions. You can find that in one single match in FM18, yet you need to play 20+ games in FM20 to spot half of these things. Pour yourselves a glass boys and enjoy the video. Cheers

:thup: :cool:

Could make a video like that for FM17 as well. :) Two best MEs in recent years those two. 

Just now, WilltheWolf92 said:

With the latest update of 2.0.6 ? Do i have to start it on the beta version?

No.. both the public beta and live versions are exactly the same... opt out of the beta if you are already in it or stay on the live one if you aren't .. as long as fm has updated its all good.

23 minutes ago, dannysheard said:

Come on now... if a 17 finisher is missing loads on one-on-ones, that’s not right.

Making some unrelated tactical tweak, like changing mentality or setting throw-ins to mixed, would change how frequently you create good chances, but once you get through on the keeper, it’s about the game’s competence in modelling finishing.

I don’t believe it’s right either.

But you’ve highlighted what I believe to be an issue which is that it’s the frequency of the 1v1’s that’s the issue. The game doesn’t see them all as good chances it seems, even if we the viewer do. Otherwise it would be cricket scores. If the ME could reduce the amount of 1v1’s, which CAN be done tactically, then it appears as though more of these chances are taken.

3 hours ago, Bravefc said:

Why no FMT update? Its the same ME is it not?

7 hours ago, Lucas said:

It has to go through submission process for Tablet (so FMT PC has to wait for that as well), which it's in currently (Stadia is in submission too). That's not the case for the Steam PC version (FM), so we were able to release that now.

Hope that helps :)

Also, guys, if you run into bugs, crashes, etc, please post them over in the bugs forum rather than here, as they'll get lost and the QA staff likely won't see them amongst all the other posts here. If you could also include the version number (20.0.2.4) in the title, it'll let the staff know that it is something from the most recent patch.

https://community.sigames.com/forum/726-football-manager-2020-bugs-forum/

Cheers!

1 minute ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

Also, guys, if you run into bugs, crashes, etc, please post them over in the bugs forum rather than here, as they'll get lost and the QA staff likely won't see them amongst all the other posts here. If you could also include the version number (20.0.2.4) in the title, it'll let the staff know that it is something from the most recent patch.

https://community.sigames.com/forum/726-football-manager-2020-bugs-forum/

Cheers!

Searched the forum but can't see  it anywhere, how do I upload goals/highlights as I have produced some using fm but because they are 11k per file they are more than the 9k attachment allowance. Is the only way to do this throwing them up on Youtube?

20.0.2.4:  Definitely some good improvements imo :)

- 1vs1´s much better and higher succes-rate

- More variations of goals

All in all, it´s much better now :)

I still fell though there should be thought about handling future editions of the game with different approach.

But praise for this latest version is justified, well done! (Hopefully won´t change too much now :))

Edited by Toonrock

15 minutes ago, FMLegend1983 said:

Searched the forum but can't see  it anywhere, how do I upload goals/highlights as I have produced some using fm but because they are 11k per file they are more than the 9k attachment allowance. Is the only way to do this throwing them up on Youtube?

From the link you replied to: 

3 hours ago, Welshace said:

It's also good to unsettle players you plan on buying who don't wanna come...

OK, that and scouting prospective signings are good reasons, although that's why I pay for scouts. But down in the lower leagues where I spend most of my time I've never had occasion to unsettle a player - most of my signings are freebies, Bosmans, loans or transfer-listed :onmehead:

12 minutes ago, FMLegend1983 said:

Loving  the new ME, granted these goals are nothing fancy but the chemistry, link up play and the translation of my tactics is functioning so much better.

I can finally enjoy the game again!

Showing some decent central play there and a few decent one on one finishes.... promising.

19 hours ago, Rashidi said:

Since you threw up an arbitrary percentage, I will share with you some numbers, at any point in time there are like 60000 people playing the game worldwide, I guess there are more but I am just rounding these down based on the numbers that have been posted on SI's twitter account, I think its a lot higher, but hell lets just round everything down.

Now lets take a look at this thread, which has 157 pages of comments not sure how many unique comments there are, and I am sure I can find out if I ask the right person, but lets just take a look at the total number of people who have made 5 comments or more and assume they are all saying something negative about the game. That is a very unrealistic assumption but lets just put that number out for the fun of it. I do enjoy this kind of banter. The number of unique users who have posted more than 5 comments are 284. 

Assuming only a mere 5% of the total number of people playing the game actually bother coming to the forums...that gives us 3000 people. 

Therefore we would need 2400 of them to post here to qualify as the 80% majority that are in the same boat. I hope you can see why your 80% isn't the majority of the game. Meanwhile let's get back on topic, yes... the mods like  me welcome both negative and positive comments. Negative comments imho are more valuable truth be told, cos it can only make the game better. 

Hey @Rashidi,

I want to preface what I’m about to say by reiterating how much I have enjoyed and appreciated your insights into this game that so many of us cherish.

That said, I watched a YouTube video of yours on the beta release where you actually said you would not purchase FM20 based on what you’d seen. As the game on release seemed to regress I respectfully ask what changed for you? Also I note that you haven’t put out as many videos on tactics etc, is this due to the ME?

many thanks.

Played a dozen or so 20.2.4 games on comprehensive. Certainly seems to be heading in the right direction. If we could just get a bit more focus on central play like the FM18 videos above, little dinked through balls between defenders etc. Too often my playmakers are looking to get the ball wide to my wing back or winger.

(You guys realize you can go to a match, leave as soon as it starts and it counts as you having attended it? Just a tip for when you want to unsettle players but can't be bothered sitting through the entire match)

That aside, played a couple games now and there are definitely some things that are nice to see.

+ The improved sliding

+ Actually saw a player keep a ball in play without gifting it to the opponent by leaving it behind

+ Patient play around the box looks a lot better, although final results are still often lacking

+ Personally, despite what some people here are noticing, I'm seeing much higher possession numbers this patch when playing against defensive teams. So at least against my tactic they seem to struggle more to keep possession. Might try my "I want possession and nothing else" tactic against some stronger CL opponents later to see how it pans out. (In 20.2.4 beta my record is 83% possession against Liverpool at Anfield, with PSV)

Bunch of stuff I'm also less pleased with though

- As mentioned before, dribble efficiency and dribbling seemingly straight through players

- Players perhaps still a tad too eager to just blast it at goal at times. Will swap back to "Work ball into box" for a few matches, see how that changes things.

- Seen some utterly atrocious goalie performances so far this patch. Had 2 league games already where I scored 11 goals. While I'm one of the top teams in the league, those kind of scores still seem out of place. One with 17 SoTs, 2 CCCs, 1 HC yet 11 goals, other was a complete stomp, 32 SoT, 6 CCC, 5 HC, but both saw atrocious goalkeeping at times.

Edited by Freakiie

1 hour ago, Toonrock said:

Yeah, a great ME that 18 :thup:

I disagree. Central play was pretty good, but long shots in FM18 were so embarassingly, hopelessly, awfully bad that it made the ME physically painful to watch.

Players with 20 Long Shots would regularly take a shot on goal in acres of space and put it nearer to the corner flag than the goal. It blatantly had nothing to do with real football, as opposed to 17 which had its own issues but was generally recognisable as football in all relevant respects.

9 minutes ago, Sneaky Pete said:

Players with 20 Long Shots would regularly take a shot on goal in acres of space and put it nearer to the corner flag than the goal. It blatantly had nothing to do with real football, as opposed to 17 which had its own issues but was generally recognisable as football in all relevant respects.

Yeah I agree with that - Long shots was not the best in that version, to put it mildly:) (so many other/all other aspects I loved though). ..On the other hand, what I really didn´t like about FM17 was all the penalties given from corners or crossings (free-kicks and open play), game ruining imo.

Edited by Toonrock

53 minutes ago, janrzm said:

Hey @Rashidi,

I want to preface what I’m about to say by reiterating how much I have enjoyed and appreciated your insights into this game that so many of us cherish.

That said, I watched a YouTube video of yours on the beta release where you actually said you would not purchase FM20 based on what you’d seen. As the game on release seemed to regress I respectfully ask what changed for you? Also I note that you haven’t put out as many videos on tactics etc, is this due to the ME?

many thanks.

I think I said something different. That I would still be purchasing the beta and that others should base their buying decisions on the demo.

I don’t think the match engine has regressed, in fact its a lot easier to play. There are noticeable areas it can improve with respect to central play but this will require a complete overhaul of how the coding is done. I also mentioned that the role changes in 20 are coming full circle.  The only version I was critical about was FM18 or was it FM17.

As far as videos are concerned I out 2 a week, and tactic guides are largely the same from 19. There are only so many different ways you can explain concepts in the game. The guides I did before are still relevant. Even training is nearly the same you only need to incorporate the new sessions. So re-doing videos for the sake of  click bait views is not something I do.

My output is largely the same, two videos a week and thrice on Twitch. There are also videos that are only accessible through my private discord server. 

Every release has it’s challenges in fact I enjoyed it more than most because I enjoy the game. If I don’t enjoy it I won’t play it as much. I also currently have 4 separate series that I cover. And I don’t think the game has regressed like you say, there is a video on the match engine coming out today where I describe a series of experiments I ran to discover which formation could possibly be the best one for FM20 in producing a 60 goal striker.

Haven't played the newest version, not really in a rush to play it to be honest, but will get round to it at the weekend hopefully.

Came back in here to see if there was any feedback on the game and think it is fair to say it is mixed. Hopefully it is better than some of the comments on here.

I still don't get how people can say the majority of people don't come here and post, the majority are enjoying the game. I just don't get where these 'facts' come from as much as I don't know where the facts come from that people say the majority are not enjoying the game.

Hi,

VERY GOOD JOB ! 

So yes i was frustrated that i couldn't play my favorite game.

BUT this UPDATE is a WONDER ! 

The players play as i wish with my tactics ! It's beautiful ! It's fluid!

The defenders perfectly respect my instructions, the midfielders and the attackers combine prefectly !

Lot of different animation for actions and goals. Really good job !

(Just a bug on the selection of players for preparation traineeship in Portugal. I registered the players but they all come privately asking me why i do not keep them for the traineeship... But from the Moral blow to zero.......)

2 hours ago, davehanson said:

Haven't played the newest version, not really in a rush to play it to be honest, but will get round to it at the weekend hopefully.

Came back in here to see if there was any feedback on the game and think it is fair to say it is mixed. Hopefully it is better than some of the comments on here.

I still don't get how people can say the majority of people don't come here and post, the majority are enjoying the game. I just don't get where these 'facts' come from as much as I don't know where the facts come from that people say the majority are not enjoying the game.

The thing is that FM20 have a monopoly so I'm sure many are playing it simply because they have no other options.

FM20 is the first game I've ever quit midway through a season. I can usually get to the next version but I could not watch any more misses.

I will check in again to see if the upgrade has improved things. Otherwise I've gone back to FM19.

For 2020 I really don't think this game is good enough though. We should be way past this level by now.

42 minutes ago, Mr Tonio said:

I don't understand. Is the new ME the exact same that the previous beta ME? Or is this an improved version?

it is different, I am on top division with Spal on half season on beta but after update played few games and results are not good.

definitely is different so again I need to tweak my tactic

8 hours ago, SebastianRO said:

All I see is passes to players who have too mutch space and too slow def reacting. :D

But yeah fun to watch and nice goals.

2 horas atrás, Maldini's Heir disse:

The thing is that FM20 have a monopoly so I'm sure many are playing it simply because they have no other options.

FM20 is the first game I've ever quit midway through a season. I can usually get to the next version but I could not watch any more misses.

I will check in again to see if the upgrade has improved things. Otherwise I've gone back to FM19.

For 2020 I really don't think this game is good enough though. We should be way past this level by now.

100% agreed. Lack of competition made FM 17 get 3 patches, they call FM18, 19 and 20, big patches for FM17.

Almost no improvement of ME, the most important thing in the game. And it seems SI has no test team, cause the issues that people are raising are so obvious and happens almost every single game, there are no testers that plays the entire match on full mode? How they release a game with that amount of  ME bugs? 

On 03/02/2020 at 13:42, darthlemon said:

I played some of the public beta when it first became available.

Got tired of conceding/scoring multiple set pieces in every single game.

Take some time off from FM.

Come back and concede from a corner within 20 mins of my first game back.

Rinse. Repeat.

Thought I'd try the new match engine.

First game - 17 mins in a corner is scored. 4 goals in the game and 3 of them directly come from set pieces. 

Edited by darthlemon

First game on the new patch and scored this, never in all my saves (FM2008 onwards) have I got one like this and proves that there is a variety in the goals and the last five goals I have scored have been from open play.

For me and my setup (tactics, gulp) this patch is a massive improvement, players respond to micro management much better both for the good and bad, if I make a wrong call and get punished that is a good thing and realistic.

So far, so good...

Edit, watch this twice to track the run of the scorer. When TV pundits use the term "bust a gut" this is what they are referring to.

Edited by Old Joe Clarke

Have been critical of the last couple of FMs for a lack of movement/central play/creative and poor finishing but around 10 games into the latest update, am finding this to be the most enjoyable ME since at least FM18. The reliance on set-pieces for goals seems to have ended (an issue that was completely ruining the game, IMO), my creative central players are racking up 100+ passes per game and the variety of play/build is infinitely better. Still find that my creative midfielders perhaps score more goals from range than they should and perhaps don't deliver quite enough direct assists (though watching my goals, they seem to be playing the 'pre-assist' pass; arguably more realistic?).

Feel that a slight tactical tweak will be necessary as I found that a 2 striker system mitigated the poor finishing of the previous ME to an extent but now find whilst both are scoring more regularly, neither is sufficiently involved in build-up - my false 9 especially is making only a dozen passes per game; perhaps an indication that there remains an issue with midfielders playing the ball forwards to central areas? Still, overall am now finding that I enjoy the game and it's certainly a step in the right direction so kudos to SI for acting on feedback and making these changes :applause:

13 hours ago, dantares said:

Does this update finally address the semipro contract bug? Or is it just a match engine update?

Can someone please tell me what bug this talks about, would like to start journeyman save.

So they killed center play again to fix long balls. 

Now everything is out wide with out swinging passes, can't have that pesky chipped through ball through the center.

Headers, long shots, corners are where my goals are coming from. If you want to play any football that promotes center play, you best forget about it.

This thing is so broken , they are essentially breaking entire patterns of play so the bugs are not exposed.

Back to FM17/18 for me.