Football Manager 2020 Feedback Thread

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Xenxu said:

Awesome! Will test the update this afternoon. May I ask if the lack of central play is also fixed?

Read the change list like everyone else does it tells you on there what has been done

59 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

Match Engine Update out now. Details here - https://community.sigames.com/topic/512866-football-manager-2020-match-engine-update-2024-out-now/

Will look to close this feedback thread and start a new one given the majority of posts are related to the ME, however will let people download it and try for themselves for a little bit first. Thanks. 

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

*Goes for a siesta and a break*

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

Did I mention thank you?

1 minute ago, formerlyiab said:

Hi - how do I opt out of the beta and does doing so mean I would need to start a new game??

Same way you opted in to it.. and no, you can carry on... the public beta is the same as the live version now also, so you may as well opt out and go on the live version

Just now, Welshace said:

Same way you opted in to it.. and no, you can carry on... the public beta is the same as the live version now also, so you may as well opt out and go on the live version

imagine I cant  remember how I did that - could you talk me through it.

sorrt......

I have some doubts about finishing in short distance. I can't have a clear opinion because I didn't analyze statistics and have no idea about ME balancing procedures etc. In other hand I watched in these moments in searching of ME issues, when Gundogan missed 100% moment IRL in last week its very similar about Im talkin about.  

And vice versa, opposite lower teams have a strong % of finishing. Mostly after freekick/corners (no direct shot). And you can find IRL examples too. Border situation.

Спойлер

Like this:

307447101_Image4.thumb.png.fa67a918d7a797a9c9defeecf235bdf0.png

Second issue is not about ME directly, so probably it just not updated yet - I still confusing about AssMan preferences to choose a starting XI. For example he wants to use Zielinski like BWM(s) and Allan as Mez(a) but imo it much better to use Allan as BWM. Or AssMan ignores Jorginho. I just don't want that AI managers use the same mistakes, it ruined a part of ambience.

Also I dont like a wide in positive mentality, I guess it could be even wider, but this is not investigated just quick look.

Looks like IWB returned to be useful, I just could not look at his movements after 20.2.
CAM still looks weak link, but this role is slowly dying IRL isn't?

In general I believe in things which happen in this ME version :thup: It is really try to mirror IRL football games of today.

Played two matches with the new ME on "full game" rather than highlights.   In short: please provide a roll-back option.   

I was fine with the previous release and this ME simply looks weird.  I have players "tap dancing" on the ball or "skating" across the pitch with a slow dribble in possession while an opponent walks alongside them.  

Nothing to do with the latest ME update, but a feedback when your team gets to the Club World Cup. The team travels before and after each match, using up a spot each time. Wouldn't it be better if the team travelled to the championship and stayed there for let's say a 2-3 days before until the day after? Perhaps even being able to choose a specific place to stay, like a training center for a local club or such?

• Administrators
1 minute ago, l.s said:

Nothing to do with the latest ME update, but a feedback when your team gets to the Club World Cup. The team travels before and after each match, using up a spot each time. Wouldn't it be better if the team travelled to the championship and stayed there for let's say a 2-3 days before until the day after? Perhaps even being able to choose a specific place to stay, like a training center for a local club or such?

Any chance you can raise this here so our QA team can investigate? - https://community.sigames.com/topic/495632-world-official-league-specific-issues/

Thanks. 

One game with update - had a man sent off for two yellows after 5 minutes, saw a horrendous case of back post unmarking of three players from a corner, and conceded a goal after a horrendous piece of defending where my CD just stopped.

It was more like the defending I was seeing before the beta of the current update, and defending I wasn't seeing in the beta. I'll take it as a one off (man sent off and had a busy month of games moved for winter world cup so players are knackered) but keep an eye on things.

On the other side of things, I saw a lot of much better balls in to the box, less crazy heading over and some nice new bits of play.

I just got unlucky with proceedings in my first macth with the patch.

Unfortunatelly I detect old issue which looked fixed before.

I won Napoli 5-0 Lecce and my possession is 43%
Napoli 3-0 Udinese 46%
Napoli 3-0 Fiorentina 40%
For now I play Napoli - PSG and my possession is 61%

It returns us in times when low teams have a lot of empty possession by low riskly mentalities. Possession without any sence

2 minutes ago, Novem9 said:

Napoli 3-0 Udinese 46%

It returns us in times when low teams have a lot of empty possession by low riskly mentalities. Possession without any sence

Same for me

just watched 30 odd ai vs ai games with goals only, and I don't see many differences in the variety of goals 

Goals from set pieces, goals from crosses goals from long shots.

Its really bad, since when did this become acceptable, SI must know there is a lack in goal variety, it makes the ME so boring. 

Edited by Weller1980

3 минуты назад, Novem9 сказал:

Napoli 3-0 Udinese 46%

AI vs AI

299739855_Image6.thumb.png.cbd6e849d5ae96a859224b58ffc1d143.png

352689230_Image7.thumb.png.53f1c4f5b99e7742d3b6978eac47b057.png

Still far to many headers going over the bar

Defenders wanting to take 45 mins to pass a ball in the box resulting in losing the ball and conceding a goal, adding that at the halfway line wanting to boot the ball back to the keeper when a simple sideways pass is on.

1 on 1 shots are as good as passbacks to the keeper sometimes they are that weak

Yellow cards on standard tackling still an issue, get stuck in, i dread to of that bloodbath

narrow formations still very weak with most things going wide

Also the training information is still laughable.... got a defender on quickness training but its now no longer a weakness with his stats at Acc 9 and Pace 10 

Edited by Tangerine_Army

Just played my first game: 3-3, three worldies from outside the box (ratings 11, 15 and 12). I know it's not part of the changelog, but it still needs improvement. Players do not score so many goals from outside the box in real life unless they are called Lionel Messi.

Edited by FMSD0

- Throw-in positional adjustment

Could somebody confirm that you can now at least pressure the throw in taker and he doesn't have oceans of space to cross the ball after he gets it back? 

Edited by Miek

1 minute ago, Martini1991 said:

Sorry for being dense, is the ME in the newest update newer than the one in the public beta?

Both are now v2039

The public beta version before the update was 2031.

Both have been updated, and it's now the same version for both live and beta. Hope that makes sense. 

40 minutes ago, Novem9 said:

Napoli 3-0 Udinese 46%

I actually reported this during the public beta. It was acknowledged as something they were aware of and working on, but it seems it'll take some time to resolve properly.

Edited by JEinchy

I don’t know if this happened before or after I installed the update but I am concerned about how it’s listing the 3 fixtures for bournemouth. Is that potentially gonna break my game here dya reckon? Anyone know if it’s anything to worry about? 

783A97D7-0F3A-4763-87E5-981FE886D7F6.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Harrymcintyre said:

I don’t know if this happened before or after I installed the update but I am concerned about how it’s listing the 3 fixtures for bournemouth. Is that potentially gonna break my game here dya reckon? Anyone know if it’s anything to worry about? 

You shouldn't have anything to worry about. I suspect it might be related to re-scheduling of the fixture due to an FA Cup game.

7 minutes ago, Harrymcintyre said:

Update was only to the ME so nothing to do with that at least....  never seen that exact issue before... worth seeing how it goes.. if it crashes, post it in the bug forums.

il y a 7 minutes, Harrymcintyre a dit :

Already happened to me before the update. It didn't impact the save and the game went normally.

This is the kind of thing I'm referring to about dribbling. A lot of instances like this:

Opp instructions on Maddison to press hard, tackle hard, shove on to left foot. None of which seem to happen. There seems to be too many instances of this kind of thing happening, players just dribbling past defenders unchallenged.