*Official* Football Manager 2022 Feedback Thread

1 hour ago, Renyy said:

Which you can no longer do without pissing off the player. I can keep it low of course, but that still produces more spam than my 15 year old hotmail account. 

Instead of rejecting renegotiate with a high figure. The club dont return and the player remains happy

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else noticed imported custom views in squad section being shown as different name when you leave squad view and then return?

I have imported several custom views to my Squad section and when I chose them the correct name is shown - YouthIntake, MatchSelection etc.

Happens for 1st team , U23 and U18 squad views....

When I then go to another section and come back to squad view the last imported view attributs etc chosen is still shown but it is now displayed as Eye followed by A.

Screenshot when returning to squad view:

image.thumb.jpeg.14a0b503d1f77c17a43717ba0d80bd91.jpeg

• SI Staff
3 minutes ago, fc.cadoni said:

Anyone found how to export highlights? There is no button anywhere.

There is no export highlights video system anymore. It was a fairly big resource hog (even if you weren't using it) and because of the prevalence of easy-to-use free video capture software such as OBS, we decided it was best to remove it.

16 hours ago, ScotsmanFM said:

I am playing in Scotland with a medium database and Vandevoordt is in my game. Have you checked the u21's?

he's definitely not there, I checked everywhere, in all Genk's teams as well as in Belgium national teams. Really weird.

6 minutes ago, Renyy said:

False. Stop replying to me with bs every time I post something, thanks.

LOL - I dont. If you dont want to be helped then fine but its well known advice. The MODs generally advise against swearing in the forums however you hide it which you've done 3 times in the last few hours

2 hours ago, Johnny Ace said:

I saw that's been closed but I've got exactly the same problem. I went on holiday & left the game running for half an hour, came back & a month had processed. I was only using one nation when usually I run multiple. I'll try the steps asked of you but can't see it making any difference, it was running fine in the beta, FM21 & 20 

The reply was for me to use the public beta, but my save game won't work when the game gets updated, so it's pointless really isn't it.

14 minutes ago, gggfunk said:

I know it's probably too early to ask, but based on experience from previous versions, do you think when we can expect first patch?

There is never advance info about an update and this is unlikely to change.  There has been in previous years, however, some sort of update around Xmas time

14 hours ago, MrPompey said:

I have the 3 preferred formations / tactics from my 1st team plus the option of the preferred formation from my U18 manager. Im NOT managing the U18 side and I have a U18 Manager

image.thumb.png.cb8447bb55c2d117a9d53c4d4efbaf46.png

Iimage.thumb.png.b1347b9da6d56811dd27d1dfab2693c5.pngYep

You only get the full options within the Dev Centre that you're seeing for the U18s, etc if you leave all training for them to other staff members (which you must do as you don't have the U23s/U18s on your sidebar).

If you control general and/or individual training for the U18s, then then you don't get to choose their tactic.

Not sure if this is by design or a bug.

2 minutes ago, FrazT said:

There is never advance info about an update and this is unlikely to change.  There has been in previous years, however, some sort of update around Xmas time

Thanks. If I understand you well, we shouldn't hope for it to be out this month. In this case, I'm starting my proper save then.

Really like the game so far.

@Scotty Walds I think the issue appears to be that if you take-over the U18's before setting your first team tactics then this issue will arise. Yep, if you have no U18 Manager then assuming you have set your preferred tactics then you'd just get the option of selecting one of these. If you have an U18 manager then you get a choice of your preferred tactics and the single preferred tactic of the U18 manager

1 minute ago, MrPompey said:

@Scotty Walds I think the issue appears to be that if you take-over the U18's before setting your first team tactics then this issue will arise. Yep, if you have no U18 Manager then assuming you have set your preferred tactics then you'd just get the option of selecting one of these. If you have an U18 manager then you get a choice of your preferred tactics and the single preferred tactic of the U18 manager

I have an Under 18s manager, but I only get to choose what tactic they play if I give up the individual training that I like to control.

image.png.5befb394d9ae8aa2fe1917bae0fec9a9.png

Whilst in control of U18s individual training:

Dev Centre i get this:

image.png.f7de3939874dbff718e117f86589e3ea.png

U18s Tactics screen I can't change the drop down:

image.png.b4765da29ccca7d7246cb94f75b469f2.png

Once I delegate individual training:

Dev Centre - I can choose their tactic:

image.png.1be562eea00b81d2d18fd95328a689ad.png

13 minutes ago, Scotty Walds said:

You only get the full options within the Dev Centre that you're seeing for the U18s, etc if you leave all training for them to other staff members (which you must do as you don't have the U23s/U18s on your sidebar).

If you control general and/or individual training for the U18s, then then you don't get to choose their tactic.

Not sure if this is by design or a bug.

I think it is a bug and I have reported. Workaround if you want to take control of all U23 and U18 training with them using 1st team tactic is all in sequencing:

With staff in control of U23 and U18 training , load your 1st team tactics. Then go to Development Centre and for U23 and U18 choose the 1st team tactic you want them to use. After doing this you can then take control of U23 and U18 training with them still using the tactic you just set via Development Centre... Not elegant but workaround until fixed....

3 minutes ago, mhaffy said:

I think it is a bug and I have reported. Workaround if you want to take control of all U23 and U18 training with them using 1st team tactic is all in sequencing:

With staff in control of U23 and U18 training , load your 1st team tactics. Then go to Development Centre and for U23 and U18 choose the 1st team tactic you want them to use. After doing this you can then take control of U23 and U18 training with them still using the tactic you just set via Development Centre... Not elegant but workaround until fixed....

Cheers, that workaround works for me too 👍

I'm adding my findings to the end of someone else's bug report:

• Administrators
3 hours ago, xkvicd said:

The AI still offers peanuts for player's players. In what universe does this makes sense. If I wanted to buy that guy they would put non-negotiable 50M.

If you have a save game before anyone starts making offers on this players would be really useful to us - details on how to provide a save game here - https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/instructions-and-notes/how-to-upload-files-to-us-r98/

Remember to come back and let us know the file name too if you do have a save and upload. 

57 minutes ago, Jack Joyce said:

There is no export highlights video system anymore. It was a fairly big resource hog (even if you weren't using it) and because of the prevalence of easy-to-use free video capture software such as OBS, we decided it was best to remove it.

Thank you Jack! 

• Administrators
3 hours ago, H_a_a_k_o_n said:

I love the game, but not the "new" bugtracker. Not possible to search if someone else have the same problem.

I have lost sound. Did not get to test an active match late night, but before go to bed checked some replays for others matches and my own, and there where no match sounds.

Could be a lots of reasons, so my first thought was to check if someone else has experienced same issue. But not possible with todays bugtracker.

Thanks for the feedback on this - you can filter by 'Known Issues' to see which ones have been picked up that we're aware of, but agree search functionality would be really useful. 

Hopefully we can get something like that into Bug Tracker 2.0. :thup: 

3 hours ago, Pen Caer said:

Playing the mobile version and 95% of my attempted signings don't get permits. A few I can understand but it's basically impossible to sign players, I'll be back to '21 if it continues

Hello - please can you report this in the dedicated bug tracker for mobile gameplay issues please? You utilise the guide for a tutorial on how to use the bug tracker if you've never submitted an issue before.

Playing the mobile version and the position colours are much to similar for the small screen size, the 21 and 20 colours where much better. 

The main issue is the Natural to Accomplished and then Competent to Unconvincing

Could you maybe change it a little

Natural - Green

Accomplished - Blue

Competent - Yellow

Unconvincing - Orange

Awkward - Red

It kind of follows the same logic as the colours of attributes then, with 15+ green, 10-15 Blue, 5-9 Yellow and 1-4 Red. 

IMG_1177.PNG

IMG_1178.PNG

There are features that have being removed from the game?

• Fan polls: i've seen that fan polls reguard only transfer news and anymore if players deserve more time to play, if want that a manager is going to be sacked, and so on...
  • player against his former team: i've noticed that in the news item is not appearing anymore the news of a player of your team/opponent team is going to face his previous team, and also there aren't press conference question about that anymore
  • player injuried from another team mate in training: in previoius version, could happen that a player injury a team mate and in the news item appear the fact (XXX is being injuried by yyyy)
  • Reaction to team meeting before the match: in FM 21 players could react to players opponents and also to manager starting XI but it don’t happen in FM 22

@Neil Brock@Desmond Richardson @Jack Joyce maybe can give us further infos! thanks!

Edited by Matteo3champions

6 minutes ago, A J said:

Playing the mobile version and the position colours are much to similar for the small screen size, the 21 and 20 colours where much better. 

The main issue is the Natural to Accomplished and then Competent to Unconvincing

Could you maybe change it a little

Natural - Green

Accomplished - Blue

Competent - Yellow

Unconvincing - Orange

Awkward - Red

It kind of follows the same logic as the colours of attributes then, with 15+ green, 10-15 Blue, 5-9 Yellow and 1-4 Red. 

Please post this in the FMM section.

5 hours ago, f.zaarour said:

Still issues with the IF role i guess...

Used first a IW, after in the 2nd half went to IF (on attack) for the left player (nr 17). When the leftback (nr 5) Toure had the ball i was hoping the IF would make the run (red arrow) behind the rightback. And Toure could 
give the pass (black arrow). But it didnt go that way. Toure passed it to the Giroud, the striker (nr 9) and he passed it to the IF (green lines) which was a nice play aswell, but even then the IF didnt move, didnt made the run 
and the ball was lost. Before this the same happened, Toure had the ball, the IF could make the move again to the space behind the rightback but nothing, and Toure in this case just passed it back. 

Will see if this happens more often as this was not the way to go.

if.png

Out of interest, was #9 a target forward by any chance? That could've made him the priority attacking outlet. 

2 minutes ago, Fealneerg said:

Surely this release is still alpha, this is nowhere near beta ready, yet alone full release.

The match engine is absolutely horrible, and it seems everyone criticizing the match engine is getting their posts removed? What the hell is this censorship

Because the posts aren't useful, this isn't a rant thread. Like your one & only post is saying the ME is horrible, you've not said why 

4 hours ago, Rashidi said:

my defender score 20 goals from the near post.

Great insightful post overall, also enjoyed your videos on the match engine.

That being said: I never got how people complaining about this making it to easy (not you, just quoting as an example), it's not the first FM with an OP Corner routine either, don't come to the easiest of solutions known to any gamer faced with a similar issue in any game: Do not spam the thing that's 'broken'. Quite honestly never understood why you can even set the game to that 1 routine and how that doesn't come with a huge 'penalty' in that the AI will 'know' you do this 1 routine. But that aside: All one has to do for a more realistic experiences is ... Set it to mixed and leave the assignments mostly on default.

Personally playing with very few team instructions and very 'vanilla' tactics (much less download super tactics) i find the game both challenging and immensely fun. Multiple roles are working much better than i remember them to. And by "better" i don't mean the outcome but the way it looks to play out. Mezzala for example now is a lot more enjoyable.

Edited by Marinho

Does anyone else find the Inbox a bit laggy? I've no problems with the speed of the game otherwise, day to day it runs fine, but if I want to navigate through the Inbox with keyboard arrows, sometimes it will just randomly stop/glitch out and I've to click on the next item with mouse first, before I can continue using keyboard arrows. It's not necessarily experience-breaking, but certainly a bit of a nuisance, especially when you have a lot of messages to go through.

I'm on 16GB of RAM, so that shouldn't be an issue? Previous FMs were also completely smooth, never had this problem.

2 hours ago, luka_zg said:

How difficult it is to fix the issue when in player search if you scroll down 100 players and click on the profile of the 101st, when you exit his profile you will be back at the top of the player search list? Like, really how hard can it be that this issue which was acknowledged in the beta phase hasn't been fixed? The issue is so bloody annoying...

Also, during the summer I maybe got like a few transfer offers for my players and then in deadline day, all of a sudden everbody wants to buy my players and destroys the morale in my team because I am not in the bussiness of selling players on deadline day even though I'd probably sell some if the offers came earlier. Quite stupid, I suspect it's happening only because deadline day is the new feature so the game is coded like this that you have tons of offers come deadline day, and 2 months of summer, all is quiet. Had to rant a bit becaus e it's annoying as f.

The scrolling issue with resetting to top of the page is fixed on mine.

25 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

Because the posts aren't useful, this isn't a rant thread. Like your one & only post is saying the ME is horrible, you've not said why 

I think it's the same in dating now days (thank god getting old already and got a family). Man is horrible if he doesn't go gym or wear a certain kind of hat and shirt. :D + He must cry and build a house the standards are over the roof when emotions get involved.

Edited by Pasonen

17 minutes ago, Mcfc1894 said:

Another FM experience where you can just plug and Play not even a need to do tactics FM has become so boring

Yea, just attack attack attack the AI until you out score them. Top clubs will do it more effectively. Bottom clubs will concede a lot but not as much as you will score goals. 

1 hour ago, Marinho said:

Great insightful post overall, also enjoyed your videos on the match engine.

That being said: I never got how people complaining about this making it to easy (not you, just quoting as an example), it's not the first FM with an OP Corner routine either, don't come to the easiest of solutions known to any gamer faced with a similar issue in any game: Do not spam the thing that's 'broken'. Quite honestly never understood why you can even set the game to that 1 routine and how that doesn't come with a huge 'penalty' in that the AI will 'know' you do this 1 routine. But that aside: All one has to do for a more realistic experiences is ... Set it to mixed and leave the assignments mostly on default.

Personally playing with very few team instructions and very 'vanilla' tactics (much less download super tactics) i find the game both challenging and immensely fun. Multiple roles are working much better than i remember them to. And by "better" i don't mean the outcome but the way it looks to play out. Mezzala for example now is a lot more enjoyable.

People just have horrible self control :brock:

Same thing like people using instalments to quadruple their budget and using that to buy all the well known wonder kids. You could simply not do it, but apparently that never is an option.,

1 hour ago, Mcfc1894 said:

Another FM experience where you can just plug and Play not even a need to do tactics FM has become so boring

Don't use them then. FM is a single player game where you can do whatever you want (unless you're playing online) and you're complaining about something that's 100% in your control.

FM is always going to be like that until they develop an AI that can learn, evolve and make its own decisions

My feedback so far is unfortunately centred around how very very easily  success seems to come. 

I started unemployed with the lowest qualification and Sunday league experience. Eventually took over Chester who were somewhere around 15 games in and in the relegation zone.

I gave almost all jobs to the AI e.g. training and searching for signings etc. I only signed the staff recommendations for free and did no scouting of my own.  Chose a tactic from the presets and did very little tweaking (I've never read up on any exploits let alone use any) then set up my best 11 and away they went. I think I had 2 injuries longer than a week all season.

Finished 3rd and got promoted through the playoffs. Now I'm aware that things should become more difficult as I rise through leagues but this is my feedback and it's quite boring feeling like the worlds best manager without doing anything of note to earn it.

Edited by andy_gza

1 hour ago, Mcfc1894 said:

The pre-set tactics are designed to help newer players find a system that works well and allows for minor tweaks. Also helpful for more casual gamers who want to play things a bit more simplified and quicker.

'Clean slate' gives you a platform to work from scratch. I always use it, and make sure I'm not pressing like mad and playing an overly top heavy system. It is true that these systems are somewhat OP'd - there are ways around it, but I accept this isn't really what people want. I do really want to see a high press system punished, especially for lesser sides. Though it seems there is a bug being reviewed as many players are seeing defenders with absurd passing completion stats.

3 hours ago, Matteo3champions said:

There are features that have being removed from the game?

• Fan polls: i've seen that fan polls reguard only transfer news and anymore if players deserve more time to play, if want that a manager is going to be sacked, and so on...
  • player against his former team: i've noticed that in the news item is not appearing anymore the news of a player of your team/opponent team is going to face his previous team, and also there aren't press conference question about that anymore
  • player injuried from another team mate in training: in previoius version, could happen that a player injury a team mate and in the news item appear the fact (XXX is being injuried by yyyy)
  • Reaction to team meeting before the match: in FM 21 players could react to players opponents and also to manager starting XI but it don’t happen in FM 22

@Neil Brock@Desmond Richardson @Jack Joyce maybe can give us further infos! thanks!

They don't name names but people are getting injured by teammates in training, but I got an injury mod{which gives more realistic injuries and increases the frequencies of injuries} but don't know if it happens without the mod. In the beta I only had like 1 injury within 5 months. Now 3 months into the season I'm having to manage without 10 players who are all injured, some with serious injuries which is great

And they still do mention about former players in press conferences going up against former club but in the match when they score they no longer mention it's against their old club which is a shame

20211110163805_1.jpg

Edited by Metal

My biggest complaint for this year's version so far is how hard tackling is handled in refereeing decisions. For this (and the last several versions of the game), I have never seen an opposition player receive a card for a challenge which causes an injury to one of my players. We know factually that referees are actually more likely to reach into their pockets when a player is injured by a challenge, likely due to an ethical bias, not less. It's super frustrating and wildly unrealistic that having your players literally kicked off the pitch never gets punished. I'm sure refereeing decisions is one of the hardest things to program, but would love to see a change considered for this (so would my players' ligaments).

3 hours ago, Colorado said:

Out of interest, was #9 a target forward by any chance? That could've made him the priority attacking outlet. 

Ye with att duty. But the 9 did get the ball and passed it into the space behind the rightback, so for the IF but he did not move at all, made no run. Or do u mean something else with your last point? 

5 minutes ago, f.zaarour said:

Ye with att duty. But the 9 did get the ball and passed it into the space behind the rightback, so for the IF but he did not move at all, made no run. Or do u mean something else with your last point? 

This is probably more of a tactics subforum topic, but my guess would rather be that you have WBiB or exploit the center styled TIs, or simply your players many attributes.

59 minutes ago, Kingstontom88 said:

The pre-set tactics are designed to help newer players find a system that works well and allows for minor tweaks. Also helpful for more casual gamers who want to play things a bit more simplified and quicker.

'Clean slate' gives you a platform to work from scratch. I always use it, and make sure I'm not pressing like mad and playing an overly top heavy system. It is true that these systems are somewhat OP'd - there are ways around it, but I accept this isn't really what people want. I do really want to see a high press system punished, especially for lesser sides. Though it seems there is a bug being reviewed as many players are seeing defenders with absurd passing completion stats.

I'd really like to hear more about these workarounds to mitigate the more or less guaranteed immediate success, I always go clean slate and just set up a formation that allows all my best players to be on the pitch in their best position at all times, and set roles that goes well together.

I think my main issue is that the AI often only uses a few ways to score against me, and with comprehensive highlights its very easy to spot what he's doing, and then use PIs to stop his attacking outlets. The AI rarely seems to figure out that he's been found out and keeps doing the same thing. It's very much fun to go head to head with the AI and figure them out, so I dont wanna stop doing that, the problem is that no matter which team I choose from whatever division I just get back to back promotions or I pick a newly promoted top tier team and get a europa cup placement in the league 1st season.

I would love to hear other peoples input on difficulty as well, do all these lowball offers make it harder to succeed because of lowered morale? Do you get more of those "cant seem to break the opposition down no matter what I do" 0-0 games now that the AI seems to keep the ball in the defence much more? As in if the AI has more possession, does that give me less time to score the goal I need to win?

I understand this isn't directly a feedback post, but I'd love to hear peoples feedback on these topics probably more than I do the price of the IG editor ;) 

5 hours ago, Johnny Ace said:

Scouts take into consideration everything, transfer fee, wages etc. a C doesn't mean the player is no good for the team, it might be the wage demands are at the higher end of the scale, if they were cheaper the report may have been a B

Aaahhh wonderful, that is very useful to know, thank you! I always assumed it was based on ability and availability!

il y a 47 minutes, thejay a dit :

I just dont get how the pressing issue which is linked to the possession issue can be overlooked . the first time i played the beta its was the first thing i immediately noticed, the cbs are not pressed and just stand around and also dont move forward despite all pressing instructions to the max. I also posted this in the beta feedback thread 

This makes me think they were fully aware of these things and decided to release the game with this match engine anyway because trying to fix it breaks other things probably.  I wish there was more honesty from SIs part on issues like this. 

For me this game is not playable in this current state, pressing the build up is probably one of the most important things in modern football and its totally  immersion breaking. 

Yup. I've waited for FM22 for so long just to not play it. Won't play until it's fixed.