*Official* Football Manager 2022 Feedback Thread

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Ghost4928 said:

Statistically, your first point is false.

And I would say it's quite subjective to say whether or not it is broken.

Statistics are subjective. You can include the dribbles down the flanks included in those statistics you picked out. The fact is in the ME highlights you don't see players dribbling past defenders like they did in FM21

I was the first to call it in the beta thread that dribbling was none existent besides players running down to the wings to cross, That's running. I'm talking about jinking past players with skilll, fients, which is the whole point of having a player with high dribbling skills.

Those same high skills are now made redundant in this ME. I'm not saying the game is broken just that one facet is clearly broken because dribbling should happen and with the new animations dribbling should have been showcased a lot more which is what a lot of people like myself was expecting. Not to see at the end of the game statistics about dribbles but actual action.

I'm not sure if this is technically a bug or not so didn't want to make a thread in the bug forum just in case it wasn't but the role descriptions still use descriptors like 'he' and 'his' which I'm guessing defeats the purpose of renaming stuff like 'target man', 'anchor man' and 'man management'? 

27 minutes ago, Kraftwerk said:

I'm not sure if this is technically a bug or not so didn't want to make a thread in the bug forum just in case it wasn't but the role descriptions still use descriptors like 'he' and 'his' which I'm guessing defeats the purpose of renaming stuff like 'target man', 'anchor man' and 'man management'? 

I doubt that this is a bug as such but part of a work in progress looking to the future.

It could be a referee mistake ( they do exist in the game )-it could be that the assistant's position is wrong as he should be in line with the last defender- it could be that the graphics representation of the move is wrong- it could be a bug.  Report it and the Devs have a look.

3 hours ago, Metal said:

Statistics are subjective. You can include the dribbles down the flanks included in those statistics you picked out. The fact is in the ME highlights you don't see players dribbling past defenders like they did in FM21

I was the first to call it in the beta thread that dribbling was none existent besides players running down to the wings to cross, That's running. I'm talking about jinking past players with skilll, fients, which is the whole point of having a player with high dribbling skills.

Those same high skills are now made redundant in this ME. I'm not saying the game is broken just that one facet is clearly broken because dribbling should happen and with the new animations dribbling should have been showcased a lot more which is what a lot of people like myself was expecting. Not to see at the end of the game statistics about dribbles but actual action.

I think this is quite a good discussion which has undoubtedly come up quite a few times on here. In the ME, there is no way to differentiate between an Okocha or Ronaldinho-type player to a Messi-esque player. Both types do what we normally term "dribble", but one does it with speed and incredible close control (like George Best too) while the other type does mostly flicks and flair skills to bamboozle the defender (like C. Ronaldo used to do in his early years).

I don't know how this difference can be made more pronounced in the ME. I don't know if it's a matter of improving the graphics, or improving the body movement, or how it uses the attributes, or something else. And even more challenging will be how to depict this in 2D. 

The day that difference is noticeable and significant, then that will be a GREAT day in SI heaven.

Edited by samuelawachie

33 minutes ago, FrazT said:

It could be a referee mistake ( they do exist in the game )-it could be that the assistant's position is wrong as he should be in line with the last defender- it could be that the graphics representation of the move is wrong- it could be a bug.  Report it and the Devs have a look.

Well thats possible but the Var should call it back ofcourse! Will do, can u guide me on how to do that ... Or do i just need to post this same reaction in the bug area? 

44 minutes ago, f.zaarour said:

Well thats possible but the Var should call it back ofcourse! Will do, can u guide me on how to do that ... Or do i just need to post this same reaction in the bug area? 

I note that you have already added to the correct thread- please , however, upload a .pkm of the game in question and advise the Devs of its name in that thread

Not ready to give overall feedback yet as I'm only playing my first game, but I'm getting these annoying pop-ups of who's scoring in other games around the league. I'm trying to win the game I'm in, not find out what's going on elsewhere. Is there still a way to turn these things off?

14 hours ago, callpress said:

My biggest complaint for this year's version so far is how hard tackling is handled in refereeing decisions. For this (and the last several versions of the game), I have never seen an opposition player receive a card for a challenge which causes an injury to one of my players. We know factually that referees are actually more likely to reach into their pockets when a player is injured by a challenge, likely due to an ethical bias, not less. It's super frustrating and wildly unrealistic that having your players literally kicked off the pitch never gets punished. I'm sure refereeing decisions is one of the hardest things to program, but would love to see a change considered for this (so would my players' ligaments).

'Get Stuck In' option is certainly not punished enough in my opinion. If this was tweaked more it might help us online players when competing with OP'd Knap-like tactics 

6 hours ago, prot651 said:

The game is broken or is unplayable is becoming a complete bore on this site . As soon as something doesn't work for them its suddenly a broken game. Really don't need to hear it . If you dont want to play it then dont . Im here to read solutions not problems.  If your that frustrated , as I am reading those posts ,  then put a constructive email to SI . As for me I'm loving the game and the way all the different tactics I can use and create . Well done SI

So feedback should only be positive? Without balanced views (positive and negative) the game wouldn't progress. All feedback should be polite and constructive though - in an ideal world 

If I was a professional manager, and indeed my in-game manager is intended to be a professional manager version of me, I would never permit my players to leave the dressing room as messy as they do after a game.

As a result, it makes me very angry when I see it. That I cannot do anything about it is, therefore, immersion-breaking

Can we have an option to make it tidier? Maybe if I have a disciplined or professional squad or whatever attributes related to being strict, or a history of feared by your players.

If not, maybe modder can teach me how to insert clean version to background of that screen.

1 minute ago, Theodore Twombly said:

If I was a professional manager, and indeed my in-game manager is intended to be a professional manager version of me, I would never permit my players to leave the dressing room as messy as they do after a game.

As a result, it makes me very angry when I see it. That I cannot do anything about it is, therefore, immersion-breaking

Can we have an option to make it tidier? Maybe if I have a disciplined or professional squad or whatever attributes related to being strict, or a history of feared by your players.

If not, maybe modder can teach me how to insert clean version to background of that screen.

This is something for the skinning forum.

https://community.sigames.com/forums/forum/18-skinning-hideout/

7 hours ago, prot651 said:

The game is broken or is unplayable is becoming a complete bore on this site . As soon as something doesn't work for them its suddenly a broken game. Really don't need to hear it . If you dont want to play it then dont . Im here to read solutions not problems.  If your that frustrated , as I am reading those posts ,  then put a constructive email to SI . As for me I'm loving the game and the way all the different tactics I can use and create . Well done SI

To be honest, your point is sort of contradicting. You can’t both love to create tactics and then love the game. It’s one or the other at the moment, until they fix things. You can say you love “winning” 👍

24 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

This is something for the skinning forum.

https://community.sigames.com/forums/forum/18-skinning-hideout/

Thanks the skinning forum is very helpful and I got some good skins there.

Other than the last line my idea was feedback though - that the game should make strict managers have tidy dressing rooms. I think you are correct the skinning forum is the more likely place for me to get my help though.

44 minutes ago, Theodore Twombly said:

Having been around dressing rooms for more years than I care to remember, I have never seen a tidy one immediately a game yet.

2 ore fa, samuelawachie ha scritto:

I think this is quite a good discussion which has undoubtedly come up quite a few times on here. In the ME, there is no way to differentiate between an Okocha or Ronaldinho-type player to a Messi-esque player. Both types do what we normally term "dribble", but one does it with speed and incredible close control (like George Best too) while the other type does mostly flicks and flair skills to bamboozle the defender (like C. Ronaldo used to do in his early years).

I don't know how this difference can be made more pronounced in the ME. I don't know if it's a matter of improving the graphics, or improving the body movement, or how it uses the attributes, or something else. And even more challenging will be how to depict this in 2D. 

The day that difference is noticeable and significant, then that will be a GREAT day in SI heaven.

He seems to me the now the ME use only speed attribrutes to generate dribbling. So dribbling are quite all in the wide half of the pitch (as you can see in the Images posted before) in quite 'not dangerous zone so they're pretty useless and not seen in highL. 
Of course also in real Life that zone of the pitch are the most easy to attemp a dribbling, but, that is the point, what make the difference between a good fast wing back and Maradona it is not the dribbling in the wide half-way line, but the dribbling in the dangerous zones: so no the start dribbling of the epic Maradona's run against England, but last ones.

'Cause what will be the point to have a Messi or R9 type players if they could dribble only in the wide half line?

16 minutes ago, Tony Wright 747 said:

Having been around dressing rooms for more years than I care to remember, I have never seen a tidy one immediately a game yet.

Exactly, you wont get an over paid player sweeping out the dressing room. Boot boys / kit man etc will be the ones lined up for this. However I would say of all the things to be concerned about for this years FM, for me personally,  the dressing room would be lower down the list but we all  have our pet hates but in any case the key is to log it as a potential bug for SI to review but its likely by design

AI transfer decisions are still baffling. Barcelona signed Dembele on a new contract, in August 2022, 4 years at £275k a week (after he'd made just 2 sub appearances the previous season).

They then loan him to Roma, just 3 weeks after giving him that new contract, where Roma are only paying £57k of his wages (so Barca are still paying him £230k a week), and give them an option future fee of £26 million, even though he is valued at £48 - 68 million. 

You also know that there is no way in hell that a human manager would have ever been able to get that deal. 

Edited by tajj7

23 minutes ago, MrPompey said:

Exactly, you wont get an over paid player sweeping out the dressing room. Boot boys / kit man etc will be the ones lined up for this. However I would say of all the things to be concerned about for this years FM, for me personally,  the dressing room would be lower down the list but we all  have our pet hates but in any case the key is to log it as a potential bug for SI to review but its likely by design

Yes I am also of the view it isn't an important issue as compared to other ones.

7 hours ago, Metal said:

Dribbling: This attribute reflects the player's ability to run with the ball and manipulate it under close control.

You're asking for skills, not dribbling.

Also, your statement was that dribbling is nonexistent. Regardless of what you think a dribble is, you are factually wrong.

1 hour ago, Theodore Twombly said:

Thanks the skinning forum is very helpful and I got some good skins there.

Other than the last line my idea was feedback though - that the game should make strict managers have tidy dressing rooms. I think you are correct the skinning forum is the more likely place for me to get my help though.

Its just cosmetic though, adds nothing to the game if there's a water bottle on the floor on the dressing room graphic 

I know this is a hated question, but i have to ask so i know i tried..

Will it be days or weeks until we see an update on the ME? For some of us the possession problem is not considered something we can just overlook. 

Just now, pamf said:

Will it be days or weeks until we see an update on the ME? For some of us the possession problem is not considered something we can just overlook. 

SI don't give advance warning as a rule of what's going to be in an update or when said update is coming. Best that can be said is that there is usually an update around Christmas. 

1 minute ago, pamf said:

None of us have the answer apart from the developers 

2 minutes ago, Ghost4928 said:

Is there somewhere we can raise questions regarding specific attributes?

I'm not sure who at FM scouts for Arsenal, but if they watched the Burnley away game last season, they would know that Xhaka doesn't have 17 vision.

That's what the database/research section is for, though you'll need to back up what you're claiming with some sort of evidence (like stats). What you've posted here isn't going to be enough. Careful of using one match to claim something as well.

1 hour ago, Theodore Twombly said:

You've never been in a dressing room of a team managed by my in-game manager personality.

There is a designated kit-man actually who does the cleaning of the dressing room and the laundry (for us it actually a kit-woman back in the days). During my amateur side back 10 years ago from my memories it looked way worse after a match or training session than what it pictured here :D. Also if the manager would have tried to discipline us to tidy up everyting (to represent the "before match" pic of a clean locker room) after a heavy loss, probably some  players would start a fight or at least not show up anymore. Probably professionals behave slighty different but from behind the scene footages of some documentaries, that is not exactly the case. 

This "feature" is as realistic as can be. But I can understand your point as I am an idealist who dreams about some kind of utopia where soccer is played by smart individuals who understand basic tactical concepts, sober supporters are cheering respectfully in the stands while enjoying the beautiful game played without any dirtiness on the pitch and no refereeing errors.    

A lot of people in the youth only challenge topic are reporting that youth intake players aren't developing at all when they are training in the U19 . Some of them fixed it by putting those youth players in the first team (and give them training and first team minutes) but u can't do this for all of the players.  Someone posted a player that didn't develop at all but after loaning him out after he turned 18,  to a very low team with poor facilities etc, the player started to develop very good.

I hope someone will report it as a bug , i can't since i'm only a few months in my first FM22 save .

41 minutes ago, OlivierL said:

A lot of people in the youth only challenge topic are reporting that youth intake players aren't developing at all when they are training in the U19 . Some of them fixed it by putting those youth players in the first team (and give them training and first team minutes) but u can't do this for all of the players.  Someone posted a player that didn't develop at all but after loaning him out after he turned 18,  to a very low team with poor facilities etc, the player started to develop very good.

I hope someone will report it as a bug , i can't since i'm only a few months in my first FM22 save .

There was a long thread about players developing too fast last year and most people weren't happy with that. If what people are saying is true and it has been slowed down a bit people are still complaining

Ive spent half a season in my save, and my conclusion is that it’s a playable game with some big flaws. Results wise you should get the right results in the game, just close one eye for now for the flaws, and remember that it’s just a game. 

Central play works really well, and AMs are really good in terms of creation and movement. Odegaard playing as an AMs has been putting in endless through balls for my forwards to run onto and it’s a joy to watch.

IFs and IWs…I’m still not too sure if cutting inside works well right now. I haven’t seen a proper cut in and shot across goal, both from my players and opponents, unless you count a ball over the top and a free winger shooting across goal as a “cut-in”.

But if the IW’s cut in movements are poor, their diagonal balls are great and I’ve scored quite a few off of them.

Im also not sure if strikers missing a lot of 1-on-1’s is a bug. I’m annoyed by it, as I’ve seen my strikers miss 3 free ones, with the third one smashed onto the crossbar. But I know it’s somewhat of a bug when I’m willing to push my line and let these chances happen against me because I know forwards rarely convert them :lol:.

Mezzala’s are probably slightly broken in this version if they’re not dealt with. They just seem to be too good working that channel. I remember watching a few highlights and thinking, “That wingers torching me,” only to find out it’s the mezzala.

Is heading still OP? A little bit, but it’s nowhere as bad as in the beta. 

The corner near post bug is still on, and my CB Gabriel has 7 goals already at the halfway mark. I’ve had to set corner deliveries to mixed just so it doesn’t feel too much like an exploit.

But the bad thing is that the near post exploit can work against you too! So what I’ve noticed is that setting a man on the posts works really well. You might have noticed yourself how many clearances these guys will do in a season.

Yes, high press still doesn’t work properly and cautious/defensive mentality = Barcelona levels of possessions for AI teams is still an issue.

But I know these won’t be fixed anytime soon, probably won’t even be fixed until FM23. I mean, Man Utd has been broken in 9/10 saves since forever and they still haven’t been tuned down, and it’s more likely they’ll win a league title in real life before their OPness is even addressed, or how Pep and City is insanely poor.

So to keep myself sane, the only thing I can do is remember that it’s just a game. It can’t come close to real life, but you can definitely have a lot of fun with it. 

1 minute ago, DarJ said:

There was a long thread about players developing too fast last year and most people weren't happy with that. If what people are saying is true and it has been slowed down a bit people are still complaining

It hasn't slowed down a bit, some people have much more to say and post .

4 minutes ago, DarJ said:

Maybe the level of you facilities impacts rate of player development more. The guys playing the youth challnege will be with clubs that have terrible facilities. 

50 minutes ago, OlivierL said:

If people are having issues, it's best that they report it in the bug tracker, ideally with a save game so SI can look into it.

1 minute ago, wicksyFM said:

Maybe the level of you facilities impacts rate of player development more. The guys playing the youth challnege will be with clubs that have terrible facilities. 

That's a possibility. Also the fact that the level the players are playing at increases by loaning them out 

1 minute ago, wicksyFM said:

True but some of them are in 2040/45 already and noticed strange things.. @Jimbokav1971 will do a holiday test in his great Portugese save.

2 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

If people are having issues, it's best that they report it in the bug tracker, ideally with a save game so SI can look into it.

I'm looking at it now but haven't played very much since I updated to full game from Beta. 

I'm holidaying at the moment and will create a thread in the Bugs forum later once I have some info. :thup: