*Official* Football Manager 2022 Feedback Thread

16 minutes ago, mhaffy said:

Thanks, but unfortunately unable to change U18 tactic even via this route.

Development Screen:

image.thumb.jpeg.85d6236df6743f08c2e1db23bcd8e89f.jpeg

I am controlloing Gerneral and Individual Training for U18's.

When I click through to U18's, Tactics it is fixed to U18 Manager Preferred Tactic and I am unable to change, load a tactic...

image.thumb.jpeg.577821d83574a3359679f92eae202212.jpeg

I don't understand this as I have this option

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, MrPompey said:

I don't understand this as I have this option

I dont understand eithereither. I have started 3 new career saves and same issue in every one. As I like to develop you absolutely zero point me investing time in a save if I cannot get U18's to train same tactic as 1st team. Also unable to change U18 corner routine's, set pieces etc...all locked and seemingly still controlled by U18 Ass Man. If I sack him the Assistant takes over and tactic becomes his Preferred one..... Absolutely bizarre.

So you control U18 training in your save and are able to determine primary tactic that they train?

Wish SI would respond to my Bug Tracker report....

Edited by mhaffy

28 minutes ago, mhaffy said:

Thanks, but unfortunately unable to change U18 tactic even via this route.

Development Screen:

image.thumb.jpeg.85d6236df6743f08c2e1db23bcd8e89f.jpeg

I am controlloing Gerneral and Individual Training for U18's.

When I click through to U18's, Tactics it is fixed to U18 Manager Preferred Tactic and I am unable to change, load a tactic...

image.thumb.jpeg.577821d83574a3359679f92eae202212.jpeg

I have the same issue in my BETA save.  I'm starting a new save tonite

6 minutes ago, mhaffy said:

I dont understand eithereither. I have started 3 new career saves and same issue in every one. As I like to develop you absolutely zero point me investing time in a save if I cannot get U18's to train same tactic as 1st team. Also unable to change U18 corner routine's, set pieces etc...all locked and seemingly still controlled by U18 Ass Man. If I sack him the Assistant takes over and tactic becomes his Preferred one..... Absolutely bizarre.

So you control U18 training in your save and are able to determine primary tactic that they train?

Wish SI would respond to my Bug Tracker report....

I have the 3 preferred formations / tactics from my 1st team plus the option of the preferred formation from my U18 manager. Im NOT managing the U18 side and I have a U18 Manager

image.thumb.png.cb8447bb55c2d117a9d53c4d4efbaf46.png

Iimage.thumb.png.b1347b9da6d56811dd27d1dfab2693c5.pngYep

7 minutes ago, melogroovy said:

I have the same issue in my BETA save.  I'm starting a new save tonite

Good luck....I didnt play Beta, just ran tests and reported bugs but never spotted this one. i have started 3 new saves in full game release and same issue in each one. Please let me know how your save goes and if you have same issue can you tag feedback to SI on bug tracker - mine is in Medical and development Centre, Training and Finances section...hopefully the right place! Never experienced this in any other version of FM....

Edited by mhaffy

1 minute ago, MrPompey said:

image.thumb.png.b1347b9da6d56811dd27d1dfab2693c5.pngYep

Looking at your screen the U23's and U18's are not showing as being available which implies that you have not taken over control of their training. Your screen very different to my equivalent Dev Centre one (I am using default skin):

image.thumb.jpeg.686cfc2cd4185811f149f5afb09e3054.jpeg

@mhaffyI also have the default skin. Perhaps the option is only available of you have a U18 Manager. Take a save, appoint a U18 Manager and see if you have this option. Sounds like a bug still exists as if you are managing you should the 3 1st team tactic options

4 minutes ago, mhaffy said:

Looking at your screen the U23's and U18's are not showing as being available which implies that you have not taken over control of their training. Your screen very different to my equivalent Dev Centre one (I am using default skin):

image.thumb.jpeg.686cfc2cd4185811f149f5afb09e3054.jpeg

I have the exact same screen as you, as I also control parts of the U19s/reserves, however, my U19/Reserves do faithfully copy my first teams primary tactic.

Although I don't have options to change this at all either, so apparently you have more control by giving up control in certain aspects? Bit of a weird one.

11 minutes ago, MrPompey said:

@mhaffyI also have the default skin. Perhaps the option is only available of you have a U18 Manager. Take a save, appoint a U18 Manager and see if you have this option. Sounds like a bug still exists as if you are managing you should the 3 1st team tactic options

Thanks for your input....your screenshot led me to try different sequencing....

Found a workaround now, although definitely a bug since FM21. After starting new save I need to set 1st team tactic and ensure via the Development Centre that U23's and U18's set to use 1st team tactic. If then go to Staff Responsibilities to take control of General and Individual Training for U23's and U18's any changes I make to 1st team tactics will show in U23's and u18's.

If you take control of training BEFORE setting tactics in Dev Centre you are locked out..... Phew....what a long winded way to do things........ Definitely needs fixing...

Edited by mhaffy

udeaAYz.png

Really, this is extremely annoying! My team is one of the best of the country, media predicted to finish the table in second and yet my players think I'm being very ambitious and I'm putting a lot of pressure on them... This needs to be changed as soon as possible, completely unreal.

Edited by LucasBR

3 minutes ago, LucasBR said:

udeaAYz.png

Really, this is extremely annoying! My team is one of the best of the country, media predicted to finish the table in second and yet my players think I'm being very ambitious and I'm putting a lot of pressure on them... This needs to be changed as soon as possible, completely unreal.

I had the same thing in beta with York City. Predicted to finish 2nd, the team were all unhappy when I suggested we could challenge for the league. I hoped this would have been looked at before release.

Just started a game, having sorted U18's tactic workaround, only to now discover lots of "greyed out" players in my 1st team squad that I can offer contracts to? Never seen this before in Fm...What on earth is going on? Mean't to be there or bug? Possibly early sighting of youth intake - although no CA/PA stars shows etc.... Anyone else seen this or know what is going on....:

Have match against 2nd X1 today and wondering if they are "filler playes" as lots of Chelsea 1st team squad on hols! I have plenty of better U18's and U23's for the match... Will they disappear when players return from hols if this is the reason???

image.thumb.jpeg.bf83e9686339b53b0242bb3de110e562.jpeg

Edited by mhaffy

4 minutes ago, buddiemirren said:

why?

tell me what rule i broke? tell me why repeating 'exactly' other comments on here deserves YOUR punishment?

actually, let me know how i get to complain about you.

Why?- because you are abusing another member and being sarcastic.  I have asked you stop so just leave it there.  If you have any issues with the forum moderation, use the "contact us" option at the foot of the forums

15 minutes ago, mhaffy said:

Just started a game, having sorted U18's tactic workaround, only to now discover lots of "greyed out" players in my 1st team squad that I can offer contracts to? Never seen this before in Fm...What on earth is going on? Mean't to be there or bug? Possibly early sighting of youth intake - although no CA/PA stars shows etc.... Anyone else seen this or know what is going on....:

Have match against 2nd X1 today and wondering if they are "filler playes" as lots of Chelsea 1st team squad on hols! I have plenty of better U18's and U23's for the match... Will they disappear when players return from hols if this is the reason???

image.thumb.jpeg.bf83e9686339b53b0242bb3de110e562.jpeg

You have a match scheduled against your second team, but the majority of your team is still on vacation. So the game brings in a bunch of greyed out players as filler, to ensure you can actually play that game and don't get stuck by not having enough players for your next match.

Yes, these players disappear after the match is played, unless you offer them a contract. They're really bad though, so no point to that as you're playing Chelsea and not some 12th league club that actually needs some extra players.

Edited by Freakiie

1 minute ago, FrazT said:

Why?- because you are abusing another member and being sarcastic.  I have asked you stop so just leave it there.  If you have any issues with the forum moderation, use the "contact us" option at the foot of the forums

how do you know i was being sarcastic? i used exactly the same terms used previously on this forum; you have no right to tell me that you derived my words to mean something else. once again, tell me what rule i broke?

Just now, buddiemirren said:

can any other moderator tell me how you make a complaint against a Mod on here; frazt refuses to inform me of how i can make a compalint against him

I mean, he hasn't. He's quite clearly said how

10 minutes ago, FrazT said:

1 minute ago, buddiemirren said:

can any other moderator tell me how you make a complaint against a Mod on here; frazt refuses to inform me of how i can make a compalint against him

I told you quite clearly in the 3rd sentence of my last post how to raise an issue

i'm looking to make a complaint about the moderation on these forums, in particular the behaviour of frazt. if you could supply me with the information on how to do so, i will provide the information on regards my opinion on how is behaviour has been not only unsuitable to his position but has bordered on bullying of members of your dedicated customer base.

i did the contact us bit

Edited by buddiemirren
update

2 minutes ago, buddiemirren said:

i'm looking to make a complaint about the moderation on these forums, in particular the behaviour of frazt. if you could supply me with the information on how to do so, i will provide the information on regards my opinion on how is behaviour has been not only unsuitable to his position but has bordered on bullying of members of your dedicated customer base.

i did the contact us bit

Then it will be reviewed in due course by those who oversee moderators. 

SI, I absolutely love that you can see the player's haircuts and facial hair on the pitch. Short, long, dreadlocks, bald, I've even had a newgen striker with a mohican. It adds so much flavour and immersion to the match experience and really helps add personality to the dudes on the pitch. I love my Peruvian Target Forward rocking his dreads while my bearded Italian DLP sprays passes around like prime Pirlo. Stuff like this goes a long way in longer saves.

Please consider reducing the frequency of the unibrow in the newgen generation pool of eyebrows though. I know it's in the game because of Miles, which is cool and all if not slightly narcissistic, but it's such a powerful visual characteristic it's somewhat overwhelming to see it with such abundance after a few in game years. It's the same with the mohican hairstyle: they're awesome and distinct but should be used more sparingly. edit: to clarify, i've seen 2 players in total with a mohican, which is a great way to do it and I feel the unibrow should be implemented in a similar way.

Edited by SuperRedditch

The trialist thing is a bit weird, I can understand that you can't just see their full starts forever after they leave the club because that wouldn't be realistic, but it should surely be a gradual loss of knowledge?

I had a guy on trial for 4 weeks, got full knowledge after 2 and he had played a couple of pre-season games - offered a contract but he went elsewhere, as soon as he signed I lost the entire knowledge and everything was blank.

On 09/11/2021 at 09:17, zgiorgos10 said:

Ok then, so tell me what to do, i play as a a manger of Manchester City, and we have a game at Etihad against Southampton. It's possible for my side to dominates possession? If the game finish 5-0 and Southampton has 70% ball possession it's normal Will you continue to play the game?

Unless the tactics you use emulates what Pep has done with City in real life where you dominate the ball, then you could say that it is extremely unlikely for Southampton to have 70% possession.

If the tactics you use is more gegenpressing, then there are going to be games when your opponent might have a lot more possession than you do.

Even if you're playing tiki-taka, you're not guranteed to be dominating possession in every game you play.

Also, do remember that what Pep has got this City side to do is extremely hard to emulate in a simulation game. As much ass football manager tries to reflect what happens in real life, it's still not going to be able to fully replicte everything we see in real life football.

9 hours ago, Harrison Bored said:

Not sure I'd agree people working on an unofficial editor are in a better place to create an editor for the game than the developers who have access to the source code. :confused:

Not better, never said they are in a better place. Where I'm coming from is that they've done it for so many years even before the existence of the official in game editor. I'm inclined to believe that they know what they're doing with their experience.

14 hours ago, MrPompey said:

are you using same size database etc. I'd log a technical issue and upload your dxdiag as it does seem strange

Yep, everything the same. I even loaded the beta save up and that runs perfectly fine, no issues. But the save I started, using the same leagues, database size and detail level just runs at a snails pace.

I opened a ticket on it but what's the chances anything will get resolved? I don't know why the full game can be so bad when the beta was fine. 

Has anybody seen if the DoF uses extra clauses/installments if you ask him to do a transfer via "Add as transfer target".

I've used it about 5 times now, and each time he pays the full fee upfront (I'm managing united, so we talk about 50-100million euros transfers...).

Don't know if it's a bug, working as intended, or if I'm just very unlucky that my DoF makes these kind of offers instead of structuring them a bit better.