*Official* Football Manager 2022 Feedback Thread

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, f.zaarour said:

Still issues with the IF role i guess...

Used first a IW, after in the 2nd half went to IF (on attack) for the left player (nr 17). When the leftback (nr 5) Toure had the ball i was hoping the IF would make the run (red arrow) behind the rightback. And Toure could 
give the pass (black arrow). But it didnt go that way. Toure passed it to the Giroud, the striker (nr 9) and he passed it to the IF (green lines) which was a nice play aswell, but even then the IF didnt move, didnt made the run 
and the ball was lost. Before this the same happened, Toure had the ball, the IF could make the move again but nothing, and Toure in this case just passed it back. 

if.png

Have to comment that in this particular picture it seems it's well defended and problems to bypass this defence is justified. Maybe the problem is more how situation represent them selves. Not saying IF are fine atm but we also need to see the good in defending and not just problems in attack. If these situations would more often lead defline leak attacks through it would be too arcade. Just my opinion that It's 50/50 situation. 

Ok, something that's been bugging me in beta, and still is in full game...

Do you also find scout reports and especially their appreciation completely random?

I started with Newcastle, my scout think Kalvin Phillips would be a "useful signing". He is better than any player in the team, but he would be "useful". Noticed the same with Dortmund in the beta.

54 minutes ago, redarmy22 said:

Its been well documented that you can extend your transfer budget by scheduling payments over a period of years. Is this option to stay or will it be adjusted in a future patch release?

That's exactly how a lot of clubs conduct transfer business in real life. It's there by design. 

What you need to take into account is the effect this has on future transfer budgets, and your finances in general. 

Overall i have been enjoying the game but there are some issues in my opinion :

Position stats vs weaker opponents feels odd to me. Highlights feel like i have control at the same time stats say oppenent has the ball.

Two or three u19 players constantly get transfer offers almost like a spam and they hate me for rejecting them after some point. (They are like above average u19 players )

I feel like too many shots are being blocked by defenders around the goal box. Feels like even elite forwards are not checking angles before the shoot. 

Small freezes while increasing/decreasing transfer offer numbers. Maybe i click too fast.

My central defender completes 99 of 100 passes seems unrealistic. Central defenders  have insane passing accuracy stats in Bundesliga. (%95+)

Positive things:

3 at the back formations are now a lot more fun to play with. Really loved new central-defender role. I also feel like wingbacks position a lot better. Or maybe i have better players compared to my fm21 squad. 

Player movement feels a lot more smoother. Improvement and good work here.

Loving Bundesliga scoreboard. 

What i would like to see:

Dynamic formation changes transition to defence and attack. I want to attack with 3-4-1-2 but defend like 3-5-2. Or attack with 4-4-1-1 defend with 4-4-2. I know this is kinda possible with roles but i couldn't managed to accomplish exact defensive shape i want so far.

Edited by Kane10

Can anyone confirm or clarify if there is a difference in which a tactic performs with different highlight level or by holidaying. I might be imagining it, but I'm sure I've seen somewhere recently stating that your tactic will not necessarily behave as it would by going on holiday.

Many thanks.

2 minutes ago, JPChenet said:

Can anyone confirm or clarify if there is a difference in which a tactic performs with different highlight level or by holidaying. I might be imagining it, but I'm sure I've seen somewhere recently stating that your tactic will not necessarily behave as it would by going on holiday.

Many thanks.

Highlight modes or the same does not make a difference since the difference there is what highlights are shown or not. Going on holiday will let the assistant do changes inside the match, so that can have an impact, but what kind is not easy to know.

I love the game, but not the "new" bugtracker. Not possible to search if someone else have the same problem.

I have lost sound. Did not get to test an active match late night, but before go to bed checked some replays for others matches and my own, and there where no match sounds.

Could be a lots of reasons, so my first thought was to check if someone else has experienced same issue. But not possible with todays bugtracker.

2 minutes ago, Pen Caer said:

Playing the mobile version and 95% of my attempted signings don't get permits. A few I can understand but it's basically impossible to sign players, I'll be back to '21 if it continues

If you have scouted the player you will have a pretty accurate note in it of the likelihood of the player getting a WP or not.

3 hours ago, bigmattb28 said:

Yep, everything the same. I even loaded the beta save up and that runs perfectly fine, no issues. But the save I started, using the same leagues, database size and detail level just runs at a snails pace.

I opened a ticket on it but what's the chances anything will get resolved? I don't know why the full game can be so bad when the beta was fine. 

I saw that's been closed but I've got exactly the same problem. I went on holiday & left the game running for half an hour, came back & a month had processed. I was only using one nation when usually I run multiple. I'll try the steps asked of you but can't see it making any difference, it was running fine in the beta, FM21 & 20 

7 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

I saw that's been closed but I've got exactly the same problem. I went on holiday & left the game running for half an hour, came back & a month had processed. I was only using one nation when usually I run multiple. I'll try the steps asked of you but can't see it making any difference, it was running fine in the beta, FM21 & 20 

It did nothing mate, deleted cache / preferences, reinstalled FM22 and updated drivers, no change. I've raised a ticket, not had a reply yet, appreciate they're busy though. I loaded my beta save and that runs absolutely perfect. For what it's worth on the save I made since the update, it took me an hour to process from 19th July to 26th July, only match I had was 1 friendly against the under 21's in that time. 

I don't want to play the beta save really, in case of bugs later down the line. Frustrating.

3 minutes ago, bigmattb28 said:

It did nothing mate, deleted cache / preferences, reinstalled FM22 and updated drivers, no change. I've raised a ticket, not had a reply yet, appreciate they're busy though. I loaded my beta save and that runs absolutely perfect. For what it's worth on the save I made since the update, it took me an hour to process from 19th July to 26th July, only match I had was 1 friendly against the under 21's in that time. 

I don't want to play the beta save really, in case of bugs later down the line. Frustrating.

How many leagues did you load? 

6 minutes ago, bigmattb28 said:

Was that through the Sega Support link? I'll do the same 

48 minutes ago, xkvicd said:

The AI still offers peanuts for player's players. In what universe does this makes sense. If I wanted to buy that guy they would put non-negotiable 50M.

https://i.imgur.com/dfRnlnN.png

9wj9yxpedqy71.png?width=1024&auto=webp&s=88fb7104294a57869805a0c0e7a9eb5ca314e24c

This is a very average player for PL and if I will take no room for reach PA; then 50 mil is a lot of money. 10 - 15 mil is normal for me; but 40.000 is nothing.

8 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

Was that through the Sega Support link? I'll do the same 

Yes, sure was, they mailed me so I replied with all the details, screen shots, save game & DX diag

11 minutes ago, obasa_G said:

How many leagues did you load? 

9, large database, and detail level set to none on all leagues apart from the 1 I'm in

1 minute ago, Renyy said:

How many games until you'll fix the issue of receiving hundreds of bids every window? We all know price ranges are garbage, but you could at least mitigate some of the issues if you're too stubborn to remove them. 

In search of solution; I found this:

- If a transfer offer come (and it's nego. status); instead of transfer - offer him as loan and playing & unused montly fee 5 mil. AI will reject it and player will not complain.

12 minutes ago, Rashidi said:

To be honest, I think the community will be riddled with articles and guides about how  FM22 adores attacking systems. @MrPompey

And this needs to work differently on different mentalities, with very attacking mentality acting like a dumb rush. 

Why differently on each mentality? What's the reason to have so many pressing instructions then if everything can be tweaked with mentality? How mentality influences all other instructions is a major reason for possession problem. Agree with all else you said.

44 minutes ago, Rashidi said:

Something needs to be done with pressing, its the way teams get pressed during prevent short gk that needs to be addressed. The channels need to be closed down and the the initial ball carrier needs to be rushed. And this needs to work differently on different mentalities, with very attacking mentality acting like a dumb rush.

Until someone corrects me I'm still of the opinion that if I am the defensive team, the only player on the opposition my players can "see" is the ball carrier, if you watch the games closely players can't seem to track anyone else until they receive the ball.

Which would probably explain why pressing in the game has never looked right. You can harass the ball carrier, but you can't actively cut-off passing lanes (unless it's coincidental) because players have no idea where other players actually are.

The possession "bug" doesnt really bother me much but i think that also comes from passes being too accurate. My ONLY problem with the ME is that everything is a bit too accurate. Almost all the long shots im seeing in the highlights are on target and a lot of them hits the posts, it doesnt seem to matter if the player taking them has low attributes for that. Crosses my fullbacks attempt, half of them should either be blocked or inaccurate but most of the time they are on target, like i saw my right back with 11 crossing cross the ball with his back to goal from the corner flag to all the way back to the winger attacking the far post and it just felt stupid. Its feels the same with passes, if someone makes a good run they are getting the ball everytime, it doesnt matter who played to pass to them or how hard that pass shouldve been. I think this the real issue, because it affects both headers being OP because crosses are always accurate and passing percentages being too high for every team, even the amount of goals being scored because i think there too many goals being scored from outside the box. So the way i see it increasing the margin of error for passing, crossing and long shots would make the game feel more realistic, not that i think its an easy thing to do just what i observed in both in the beta and in the full version. 

2 minutes ago, bobbyb12345 said:

Until someone corrects me I'm still of the opinion that if I am the defensive team, the only player on the opposition my players can "see" is the ball carrier, if you watch the games closely players can't seem to track anyone else until they receive the ball.

Which would probably explain why pressing in the game has never looked right. You can harass the ball carrier, but you can't actively cut-off passing lanes (unless it's coincidental) because players have no idea where other players actually are.

Surely this would come under marking and only activate as pressing once they receive the ball? 

1 minute ago, Domoboy23 said:

Surely this would come under marking and only activate as pressing once they receive the ball? 

In some cases yes, but we're starting to conflate pressing with closing down (In my opinion). A press can be multiple players on multiple players, especially higher up the pitch. E.g. the Bielsa Leeds team or Liverpool before they got really good and never lost the ball.

I love VAR there is genuine suspense on whether a goal is going to be awarded or disallowed 

What I'm not loving is that every keeper regardless of ability is capable of pulling out David De Gea level performances with super saves after super saves. World class strikers shooting straight at the goalkeeper more often than not or skying it over into row Z

39 minutes ago, Mitja said:

Why differently on each mentality? What's the reason to have so many pressing instructions then if everything can be tweaked with mentality? How mentality influences all other instructions is a major reason for possession problem. Agree with all else you said.

The point is, a team that is playing deep in their half waiting for the opposition to come to them won't break their shape to to go and press's the opposition GK and defenders (assuming you're playing that low risk system with a lower risk mentality)

18 minutes ago, bobbyb12345 said:

you can't actively cut-off passing lanes (unless it's coincidental)

I'd argue that you can do that now to an extent and it's part of the reason why the defensive team pass the ball around themselves at the back.

When you watch the highlights from a goal kick, you'll see that your team doesn't press the ball carrier but the stay back and cut-off passing lanes to the midfield so the defenders have no ball out other than playing it amongst themselves since they're not being pressed

I think once again that SI have made a brilliant game, its real smooth, good features and feels like it will be really good in the end. I don't want to nag too much about the ME because we all know it is not great at the moment, but the thing is that many that play FM is perfectionists, just like Pep, Klopp or Tuchel in real life.. We, the players have our tactical style we dream of implementing in the simulation. Right now the most popular style is broke. Right now it feels like it doesn't matter what I click on in the "in possession " tab or "out of possession" tab because I can't win the possession battle anyways. And believe me I have tried a lot and my team is technical and physical brilliant. And  yes, some people can just ignore it because they are winning, and I am winning too, but it does not feel right when my philosophy isn't shown. And if I choose to ignore it, I also have to ignore my data analyst when he nags about the stats in the datahub and I have to ignore the bad grades from the board when I fail to play possessionfotball... 

But, I think it will be great when these issues will be fixed, its just disappointing when you wait and wait for the full release and the biggest bugs from the beta is still in the game.

2 hours ago, Fettucine_Alfredo said:

Ok, something that's been bugging me in beta, and still is in full game...

Do you also find scout reports and especially their appreciation completely random?

I started with Newcastle, my scout think Kalvin Phillips would be a "useful signing". He is better than any player in the team, but he would be "useful". Noticed the same with Dortmund in the beta.

I keep getting scout reports for players who are equal to or better than my current players, but the scout report grade is C- with the comment "would be a superb signing"....very confusing. 

I also keep getting a load of A graded players who are awful. 

I am managing Birmingham City so don't have the best scouts in the world but they are decent and I would imagine more than good enough to be able to tell that some of the A graded players are awful.

Currently managing a club with a 'sign 23 and under' policy but I have repeatedly got told about players who are 24/25 being at the 'wrong end of their careers'. There doesn't seem any way to leverage ownership nor does the willingness for ownership to allow these signings seem to depend on how secure the job. I'm currently 'untouchable' and the signing would be vital to a promotion push, 2 things which would make a major difference in real life. Is this just me experiencing this and is there a way around this incredibly frustrating issue?

1 hour ago, Domoboy23 said:

Really dissapointed that it seems impossible to play anything like a defensive game.

Nothing beats a satisfying 0-0 or a 1-0 sneaked win. All I see currently and through the beta is myself and other games being 3-3, 5-2, 6-0 etc. 

Really sad to see that if you placed a conference game in front of me and a PL one I wouldn't be able to see the difference in quality .

Or if you put a midfielder with 20 passing and vision and 2 passing and vision ...

I have been getting quite a few 0-0's and sneaking some wins 1-0. It is probably because I set up my tactics completely differently to other FM players. None of this high pressing, high tempo, maxed out LOE and defensive line for me. I sit deep, regroup after losing possession then try and counter attack. 

10 minutes ago, Jonthedon26 said:

I keep getting scout reports for players who are equal to or better than my current players, but the scout report grade is C- with the comment "would be a superb signing"....very confusing. 

I also keep getting a load of A graded players who are awful. 

I am managing Birmingham City so don't have the best scouts in the world but they are decent and I would imagine more than good enough to be able to tell that some of the A graded players are awful.

Scouts take into consideration everything, transfer fee, wages etc. a C doesn't mean the player is no good for the team, it might be the wage demands are at the higher end of the scale, if they were cheaper the report may have been a B

30 minutes ago, DarJ said:

The point is, a team that is playing deep in their half waiting for the opposition to come to them won't break their shape to to go and press's the opposition GK and defenders (assuming you're playing that low risk system with a lower risk mentality)

I have no idea what you mean and how it relates to what I said. My point was why should mentality influence pressing with so many other closing down instructions.

Usually i just buy the game as soon as it's out. But due to some of the feedback around ME i went Demo first. Downloaded last night, played a few hours... the possession thing is a huge flaw but i think because of that people are overlooking the rest of the ME ...which i think is brilliant. The deflections on the ball are so much more varied ... the roles seem to be doing what they are supposed to do - in particular noticed WCB is excellent - they have achieved this in their first iteration... i was worried, because some roles like Libero have never worked and been around for years! (want to try libero on FM22 soon to see if it is changed at all). player movement, the passing (not being as perfect...sorting the wheat from the chaff) is really good. 

Other than that, small sample but i feel IDF and Corners are perhaps overpowered.

some subtle improvements in the fluffier areas that i tend to ignore 

feels like too many inbox items need my attention - lowball offers on players i dont have listed etc. 

=====

its far too easy to compare the first release of FM22 to the last release of FM21 and feel negative, but for me... i'm comparing it to the first rendition of previous installments and i think FM22 is a success. About to scrap the demo and buy the game

8 minutes ago, Tez21 said:

i was worried, because some roles like Libero have never worked and been around for years! (want to try libero on FM22 soon to see if it is changed at all).

Nah, it's exactly the same, fun role to use but they still hit a wall 

10 minutes ago, luka_zg said:

How difficult it is to fix the issue when in player search if you scroll down 100 players and click on the profile of the 101st, when you exit his profile you will be back at the top of the player search list? Like, really how hard can it be that this issue which was acknowledged in the beta phase hasn't been fixed? The issue is so bloody annoying...

Also, during the summer I maybe got like a few transfer offers for my players and then in deadline day, all of a sudden everbody wants to buy my players and destroys the morale in my team because I am not in the bussiness of selling players on deadline day even though I'd probably sell some if the offers came earlier. Quite stupid, I suspect it's happening only because deadline day is the new feature so the game is coded like this that you have tons of offers come deadline day, and 2 months of summer, all is quiet. Had to rant a bit becaus e it's annoying as f.

This happens quite a lot irl aswell.

Teams have concluded their outgoings/missed out on other targets, so are making last ditch attempts to buy players that they need. I've always found it easier to sell my transfer-listed players later on in the window.