*Official* Football Manager 2022 Feedback Thread

When I was doing some testing yesterday I did notice the IW cut inside once in a game and they seem to do it from deeper positions. But even then they dribble wide most of the time.

But when they get higher up the pitch, they always get forced wide. The fullbacks seem to be doing almost too good of a job in forcing them wide and the IW is not making more/better attempts to cut inside and drive into central spaces.

It's entirely possible that this is for balance reasons, my guess would be that if SI allowed the IW to cut inside more, the way the ME is working for this version would allow alot more goals and users might complain. Better defensive AI is needed who can react better to not only passes into the central areas but also dribbles.

Better pressures on first touch would be good, punish loose dribbling and close down the space.

Especially into that zone 14 which is the most dangerous for central play.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

Yeah, I agree, it's immersion breaking seeing Norwich in the top 3 for possession but honestly, I'm not bothered about DOMINATING the ball & want to win games, if I win 6-0 with 35% possession, it's fine by me. Though I have sent in the PKMs for SI to look at because yeah, it's daft but I'll carry on playing :D 

Thing is it’s hardly a cosmetic thing. 

1. most people don’t care as long as they are winning.

2. Most people don’t play full match highlights so they don’t understand what’s actually going on.

these defensive teams are just too low risk and rarely create that’s why you can win 6-0 lol. It’s also not really a pressing issue. If you want to win the ball back in their half then you will have to push way higher up and have a higher LOE because they don’t move forward enough.

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, KFF said:

There is no Swedish Cup for the first season, apparently by design... Why?

Not entirely sure, may be a bug or related to the game's scheduling so worth flagging it here - https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/football-manager-2022-bugs-forum/league-specific-issues/sweden-official-league-specific-issues/

Thanks. 

5 minutes ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

these defensive teams are just too low risk and rarely create that’s why you can win 6-0 lol. It’s also not really a pressing issue. If you want to win the ball back in their half then you will have to push way higher up and have a higher LOE because they don’t move forward enough.

It is a pressing issue because doing what you said doesn't really work.

Here I won 5-0, both teams with 50% possession and 90% or more pass completion.

RANA FK is a semi-professional side, while we are top of the league.

My front 5 have been told to close down more, mark specific players, I have prevent short GK distribution, defensive line and Loe are maxed out, all of my front 5 players have good work rate and stamina.

I just don't see my players closing down the CBs in their own third.

spacer.png

Enjoyed playing Beta, the match engine looked good to me with a variety of different goals. Don't really give a monkeys about the possession, don't pay much attention to it.

As for being too easy, I've never had too much success with tactics, either mine or other people's. Can count trophies on 1 hand, difficulty seems spot on. 

20 minutes ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

Thing is it’s hardly a cosmetic thing. 

1. most people don’t care as long as they are winning.

2. Most people don’t play full match highlights so they don’t understand what’s actually going on.

Yeah, I've detailed minute by minute of a match of why the defensive team kept the ball so well. I'm not 100% sure why they do it, being able to casually string together 30-40 pass moves whilst under heavy pressure is another part of the jig saw which ties in with the 90% plus passing rates. More passing mistakes, bad first touches, hurried clearances need to be made, the ME has them, I think it just needs more of them  

5 minutes ago, (sic) said:

It is a pressing issue because doing what you said doesn't really work.

Here I won 5-0, both teams with 50% possession and 90% or more pass completion.

RANA FK is a semi-professional side, while we are top of the league.

My front 5 have been told to close down more, mark specific players, I have prevent short GK distribution, defensive line and Loe are maxed out, all of my front 5 players have good work rate and stamina.

I just don't see my players closing down the CBs in their own third.

That's a good one to post on the bug tracker :thup:

Something interesting there, your team only attempted 8 tackles all game despite the heavy pressing 

I have just posted a bug about the editor and I'm wondering if anyone else has run into similar issues?

Essentially any new poeple I create using the editor then don't show up once I start a new game. I have selected the appropriate files etc on game set up (not my first rodeo etc) but they never seem to appear.

If I fiddle with a club, e.g financially then that change seems to take so it's just related to the people.

Anyone else had any experience with this?

Cheers.

37 minutes ago, bigmattb28 said:

Nothing out of the ordinary I don't think. I have loaded my beta save up and that is running perfectly fine and as it was, but the save I've started since it's updated is processing so slow. Am at a loss with it

are you using same size database etc. I'd log a technical issue and upload your dxdiag as it does seem strange

4 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

That's a good one to post on the bug tracker :thup:

Something interesting there, your team only attempted 8 tackles all game despite the heavy pressing 

spacer.png

I did post a thread there, and it's a known issue, but I guess it would help if I added more pkms.

Also take a look at just how much time on the ball CB has, my players only close down once the ball gets to the CM.

1 minute ago, chapperz92 said:

Nah when you specifically clicked on a player, it used to quickly show you their ranking in your squad in each position. Has that gone now?

Oh sorry, no, that still there, not in the game right now but I'm sure it's somewhere, bottom right? Are you on the default skin?

Do you guys think it is worth to start a long term save already? This year I'm planning to do only 1 long term save (it's because I'm playing +10 teams on one save and it will take MUCH time to finish a season), so I'm kind of in hurry to go for it now.

I haven't played much yet but been reading this thread and I'm aware there are some issues with ME; however, they don't bother me that much as I play 2d and key highlights only anyway. Am I understand correctly that all the issues with ME can be fixed without need to start a new save? I guess it's different when issues relate to database, etc., so my main question is:

- Have you guys noticed any issues yet which would require us to start a new save after the patch is out?

5 minutes ago, (sic) said:

I did post a thread there, and it's a known issue, but I guess it would help if I added more pkms.

Also take a look at just how much time on the ball CB has, my players only close down once the ball gets to the CM.

I like you that did force a mistake there :thup: The tackle attempts does have me wondering though, 8 attempts is pretty low. Liverpool vs West Ham the weekend, had 70% possession & still made 15 attempts  

More PKMs the better I say

3 hours ago, Sweetleftfoot said:

Hi All,

Can someone tell me what is the use or purpose of the Resource Archiver ?

You are new to FM, right?

Well, it's a tool that someone can extract things from the game. Like the skin, where people with skills can provide a different skin for someone else.

il y a 4 minutes, gggfunk a dit :

Do you guys think it is worth to start a long term save already? This year I'm planning to do only 1 long term save (it's because I'm playing +10 teams on one save and it will take MUCH time to finish a season), so I'm kind of in hurry to go for it now.

I haven't played much yet but been reading this thread and I'm aware there are some issues with ME; however, they don't bother me that much as I play 2d and key highlights only anyway. Am I understand correctly that all the issues with ME can be fixed without need to start a new save? I guess it's different when issues relate to database, etc., so my main question is:

- Have you guys noticed any issues yet which would require us to start a new save after the patch is out?

If I'm 100% honest, it's pointless to start a save right now. The ME isn't working properly, especially when it comes to possession, pressing and high pass completion rates from lower level AI Sides.

4 minutes ago, gggfunk said:

Match engine updates don't require a new save as far as I know. So any fixes shouldn't require a new save.

Data updates will need a new save though.

1 minute ago, fc.cadoni said:

You are new to FM, right?

Well, it's a tool that someone can extract things from the game. Like the skin, where people with skills can provide a different skin for someone else.

Note new to FM, I have all versions from the old days of Championship Manager Series.

Its just I have never used it that's why wanted to know what the Resource Archiver tool was meant for.

The match analysis graphics do not match up with the selected category.

Stats were broken last year and should be a mainstay of the game.

The Data hub and pressing systems were two of the main new features this year, this is a little disappointing SI.

Edited by Os

Isn't it weird that Maarten Vandevoordt in not present in my game despite the fact I got Big database selected? He's got high PA but it seems he would be present only if I choose Belgium league. It is weird considering the fact some other players from Genk are present, but he's not.

15 minutes ago, bluehefner said:

Anyone else notice that strikers are scoring most of their goals, either that or Ronaldo is ridiculously OP.

On the 28th December in my first season, Ronaldo has 40 goals in 22 games.

That depends on the tactics, for AI it's probably the case and they're using roles such as AF.

spacer.png

With my tactic I don't have that issue, the goals are evenly spread among the front 5.

Edited by (sic)

Is the game good? Yes

Does it have flaws that needs to be worked on? Yes

Do I recommend it? Try it yourself! I think its definitely worth it if you're switching from fm20

I think the editor price increase is not a good look and its made worst by the fact that the only statement addressing it is "Third party editors are known to cause issues" FMRTE existed before the ingame editor so if there's anyone who knows how to create an editor for FM it would be them. I think I would've appreciated it better if the devs justify the price increase with perhaps improvements to the in game editor (e.g mass editor, Ability to edit more competition details and ability to edit club visions etc)

Edited by Alfredo James

28 minutes ago, StevehFC said:

Is it just me that's enjoying the game so far? 

Nah, I think it is excellent but there are issues which I guess people who play the game a certain way will see as game breaking. Also most people that are happy will just be playing it rather than giving feedback on here. 

1 hour ago, hagedisboy said:

The one thing that really annoys me every year is how overrated Man Utd are. I’m in November now and they’re already 5 points clear of Liverpool in second, having won every single game but one. They already played everyone of the ‘Big Six’ except Arsenal. It’s the same song every year. 

In 6 seasons on my save the best Man Utd have done is third place with City winning the league 3 times, Liverpool twice and Chelsea once. Lollujo done a 200 years in the future save on youtube and Man Utd were nowhere to be seen when it came to trophies, on FM21 i played 50 seasons and Utd were good but Man City domintated most seasons. Everyones saves are different, maybe Utd dominate in your save but that doesn't mean they are overrated or overpowered for everyone. Also given the finances of Man Utd and even if in real life they arent as good as they used to be they still have a big reputation and can attract the best players so in a game like FM surely you would expect them to be one of the best teams or are you one of those people that hate Man Utd and because they have been poor for a few years then they shouldnt be able to win in a game, don't let your real life bias against a club annoy you inside a game.

I like this game a lot but the pressing and passing between CB's is a killer.

Im playing with Barcelona, using possession tactics and I had a few games where i won by 5 or more goals and my possession was below 35%.

The worst game was one against R. Sociedad. They had a 5 back line and 2 DM and managed 75% possession and 0 shots all game, spending most of the time passing between the defenders.

Even with Much Higher LoE my players where unable to trouble their defenders.

If you ignore that, the game is very good. 

Every year I think 'I'll play a first game with Chelsea' and then every year I check out the attributes and feel disappointed that the attribute seem like they belong to the previous season, rather than the new season thus far.

In this year's game, Chalobah is a rubbish reserve player who would never press a claim for a first team place, Christensen is still far too weak and timid, Mendy isn't good enough, Kovacic isn't good enough, Ruben Loftus Cheek would never make the cut (he's been one of our best players when he's played this season), Saul is a shoe in for a first team place (despite being a bench warmer IRL) and so on. In other words, it's like nothing that has happened since August is reflected in the attributes.

The data isn't locked until the end of October so I'm not sure why a few early season tweaks can't be made or, without meaning to sound too critical, made a bit more accurate so that if the AI picked a team, it would more closely resemble what is happening IRL.

Edited by Vlowman

6 ore fa, decapitated ha scritto:

If anyone would like to watch a entire match with the post-release edition of FM22 then I've uploaded this video of an entire match. I have to say I've noticed animations are somewhat smoother than in the beta.

I skip. 
It's not Type of football i like to see. 
Having Neymar, Messi and Di Maria and not see a single dribbling. 

Haven't managed to play the game yet, but it sounds great to me! If the biggest problem is the possession stats I'm fine with that (plan to play as Burnley anyway) :D

SI have acknowledged problems are being looked at. There's bigger worries in life, just enjoy the game :brock: can't wait to get home and get stuck in!

2 hours ago, Huey Lewis said:

I've read some interesting posts in this forum today but sheesh, this one is the winner. If it's "disgusting" just don't buy it.  

CONSUMER CHOICE. I don't buy it as weighing up the price and what it does, I don't want it. Would suggest going and doing something else with your time, like go on Mumsnet and whinge about the fact cream eggs are smaller than they used to be and it's "disgusting". 

While commendably objective and capitalist, most people just don't stop buying every single thing they think is mispriced.  The capitalistic feedback loop of "if enough people don't buy it, then they'll lower the price" takes a long time to work its way through a company's analytics.  Sure, if people are disgusted and don't buy it then maybe in 6 months SI will reduce the price.  As an alternative, perhaps we could just voice that to them now, have them lower the price, and then the people who want the product at a reasonable price don't have to wait 6 months to get it.  

Just saying, the whole point of the feedback forum I thought was to give feedback.  Otherwise everyone could just stop posting here and either buy the game or not, and whether or not we bought the game would be sufficient to voice our degree of approval.

Edited by rc1269
typo

8 minutes ago, rc1269 said:

While commendably objective and capitalist, most people just don't stop buying every single thing they think is mispriced.  The capitalistic feedback loop of "if enough people don't buy it, then they'll lower the price" takes a long time to work its way through a company's analytics.  Sure, if people are disgusted and don't buy it then maybe in 6 months SI will reduce the price.  As an alternative, perhaps we could just voice that to them now, have them lower the price, and then the people who want the product at a reasonable price don't have to wait 6 months to get it.  

Just saying, the whole point of the feedback forum I thought was to give feedback.  Otherwise everyone could just stop posting here and either buy the game or not, and whether or not we bought the game would be sufficient to voice our degree of approval.

Fair enough you have made your point, if you want to have a SEPARATE discussion about the IGE and the pricing policies of SI do it in another thread. Please limit this thread to feedback on the game, it makes it easier for the developers to peruse it to find relevant information to help them with the game itself.

7 minutes ago, MrPompey said:

Is anyone noticing the number of shots appearing excessive.

Had a pre season friendly Pompey v Tottenham....Spurs had 43 shots! (Bug raised with multiple examples)

Mysecond game in the champions league against Club Brugge generated  36 shots with 16 on target, I was playing a very aggressive game Since the patch, my side have scored 26 goals in 6 games, putting 6 past Burnley and Atalanta, 21 shots against Burnley and only 14 against Atalanta. So its not very consistent.

12 minutes ago, rc1269 said:

Both of those hypotheticals seem to suggest that they haven't thought through their pricing strategy enough to be pretty happy with it, and that they'll ultimately lower the price.  If massively reduced numbers bought it, they might change it, but, let's face it, that isn't going to happen, and they'll probably sell plenty despite the grumbling.  

That's where thinking smaller and personal choice comes in, rather than trying to change it on a macro level.  If you feel it isn't worth the price they're charging, then don't buy it.  Maybe you'll be part of something leading to a change, or maybe you won't.  Either way you win really.

17 minutes ago, KeegBCFC said:

What is with the "just get on with it" lot? If you pay for a game that has a beta and then goes into full release with known issues from the beta, you have every right to be unhappy. Surely the best thing for SI to do would be to delay release along with informing us by saying they acknowledge the issues raised during Beta and will adhere to fix them for full release. Instead we get full release with a "yeah we know there are problems from the beta" and no changelog of what they've actually fixed. 

See you all in March when they fix the problems there are now, which will then lead to further problems.

Well "getting on with it" is often better than having unrealistic expectations that would never be met.  If you believe that delaying release until every problem was resolved is a viable strategy, then it isn't.  Unless you fancy having a largely absent product given one without bugs is pretty much an impossibility.

None of that stops you from being unhappy about design choices or any direction SI is going, of course.