*Official* Football Manager 2022 Feedback Thread

18 minutes ago, FedAt said:

it's a monopoly, they don't have real competitors and sales raises each year despite not a lot of changes in the game, so why not to increase price.

They actually have a lot of competition for In-Game Editors, what a load on nonsense.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, (sic) said:

It's actually disgusting. It's a tool that shouldn't cost anything, even 5 eur was a bit much for it. But to increase the price by 60% for no reason is just disgusting by SI.

Until they wont put the main editor that people use behind paywall it is good for now.

3 hours ago, bigmattb28 said:

what processor you got? I've got AMD Ryzen 7 4800H and the game is so much slower than it was in beta

Best action is to complete reinstall for the game. Then also check if processors are running higher than in idle while in game. Can see in task manager or with amd ryzen master tool.

I always find it funny that 90% of the comments I see on twitter are positive while 90% of the comments here are negative. It just shows that the amount of people that okay the game is way bigger than those that are here everyday.

In terms of my feedback, I stopped playing the game during beta after 2 days because I wasn't enjoying it at all with all the crosses, IFs not cutting inside and central play not being as prominent as it was in FM 21. I've played a few games after the game has been out officially now and it has improved a bit. IFs move much better, I'm seeing more central play although not like in FM 21 and crosses are still there but I don't find it as annoying as it was during beta. In terms of possession I'm able to get 60% possession against teams that sit back now and the tactic hasn't changed really so they must have done something even if it's still a problem they've not completely addressed 

10 minutes ago, WizbaII said:

If you play FM in November, you are going to get a November engine.

Exactly this. It's the same every year, the ME will get updates until March. If anyone want to purchase in November then they do so knowing you are buying something which will have up to 4 more months of updates and improvements to come, based on feedback from those that did purchase in the first few months.

No one is forced to purchase the game in November.

2 minutes ago, GOODNAME said:

Weird to see how Seria A players are so cheap to buy

You can buy Luiz Feliepe and Romangli (Milan) in 10~15 euro 

They're not worth that much in game to begin with, I'm managing Milan and Romagnoli is worth between £6.4M to £7M and Luiz Felipe us similar

1 minute ago, stevio11 said:

For some reason, my Acer laptop won’t download FM2022, can anyone give help with this, laptop was only brought last year and ever time I try to install it comes up with error

What error message do you see?

35 minutes ago, FedAt said:

it's a monopoly, they don't have real competitors and sales raises each year despite not a lot of changes in the game, so why not to increase price.

How does FM22 cost compare to other games currently just released?

Is FM the only game selling additional content and how does the price compare to other games?

Another way to look at it perhaps is to look at how many hours you played FM21 for then work out what the hourly cost has been by dividing money spent on FM21 by number of hours played. I know how much a pint costs in my local and how many last an hour ;) 

6 minutes ago, GOODNAME said:

Weird to see how Seria A players are so cheap to buy

You can buy Luiz Feliepe and Romangli (Milan) in 10~15 euro 

Romanogli is in the final year of his contract in the first season, hence why his value is lower. 

Long balls over the top are brutal in full release and must get sorted.  IW/IF bug is actually a tactical lesson in that it opens up the middle for some very nice build up.  I'll play 22 more than I played 21, for sure.

6 minutes ago, TheArsenal63 said:

When a company decides to release their game in November, it is supposed to be bug free and fully featured. This is not being released as an early access or something like Star Citizen. So the notion that customers should know what they are getting into, as of this was Star Citizen, is frankly ridiculous.

The average consumers has no idea that, according to you, they are not supposed to purchase the game because effectively it is an early access until March. See how ridiculous that sounds.

1 minute ago, TheArsenal63 said:

There is so much hostility and deflection in this thread for anyone who has a problem with the match engine.

It's unwarranted and I hope the mods crack down on it. Users who have legitimate concerns are being told not to complain by the usual suspects.

There is no dicussion being had here, just pile ons.

It makes me, personally , not want to visit this place.

Oh boy. I was gonna react to your first post, as to how ridiculous your statements are.

But your second one... Yeah I wonder why people don't bother engaging with you. :lol:

• Administrators
11 minutes ago, Purple said:

Hi. There is an issue verifying advanced rules in france. Also in portugal it wont let you into advanced rules. Could this be sorted out asap please  Thank you.

This is a known issue and one we're already investigating. Thanks. 

20 minutes ago, TheArsenal63 said:

When a company decides to release their game in November, it is supposed to be bug free and fully featured. This is not being released as an early access or something like Star Citizen. So the notion that customers should know what they are getting into, as of this was Star Citizen, is frankly ridiculous.

The average consumers has no idea that, according to you, they are not supposed to purchase the game because effectively it is an early access until March. See how ridiculous that sounds.

There is unfortunately no company in the world that releases software that is bug free. You have the choice as we all do of holding back on your purchase / playing the demo / reading the forums etc before making a final decision.

I dont disagree with the frustration with some of the issues but the tradition has been that the formal release is not the final product and post formal release future changes get made to the product as patches.

46 minutes ago, saihtam said:

Best action is to complete reinstall for the game. Then also check if processors are running higher than in idle while in game. Can see in task manager or with amd ryzen master tool.

I can't see the processors in task manager, it's showing memory usage is 50% and power usage as high. Done a reinstall as well, still the same :(

11 minutes ago, isignedupfornorealreason said:

On the XG "story" screen, why can't we click on each individual chance on the graph to view them as a highlight.

Without that, the XG Story seems pretty pointless, unless I'm missing some method of seeing each XG chance - because I want to see what the 'xg' is telling me is a stonewall chance, and what isn't.

That's a good feature request. I'd also want to be able to see the exact number of XG when I hover over the shot on that graph

Edited by DarJ

14 minutes ago, isignedupfornorealreason said:

On the XG "story" screen, why can't we click on each individual chance on the graph to view them as a highlight.

Without that, the XG Story seems pretty pointless, unless I'm missing some method of seeing each XG chance - because I want to see what the 'xg' is telling me is a stonewall chance, and what isn't.

Stick a thread in here - https://community.sigames.com/forums/forum/353-football-manager-feature-requests-pcmac/

2 minutes ago, bigmattb28 said:

I can't see the processors in task manager, it's showing memory usage is 50% and power usage as high. Done a reinstall as well, still the same :(

In task manager click on the Processes tab. It summarises the total used at top plus will confirm separately for each application running. You can also have a look to see what else you have running that may be using your system resources

The one thing that really annoys me every year is how overrated Man Utd are. I’m in November now and they’re already 5 points clear of Liverpool in second, having won every single game but one. They already played everyone of the ‘Big Six’ except Arsenal. It’s the same song every year. 

3 minutes ago, hagedisboy said:

The one thing that really annoys me every year is how overrated Man Utd are. I’m in November now and they’re already 5 points clear of Liverpool in second, having won every single game but one. They already played everyone of the ‘Big Six’ except Arsenal. It’s the same song every year. 

Man City seem pretty useless too 

The problem with the high possession from defensive teams isn't actually the fact that they are keeping the ball around the back, because given the option you would take that being the defensive team.

The problem is that you can't counter it with high pressing, and the new pressing system was one of the new 'features' this year.

I hope SI get it right over the course of the year, such a shame to go backwards from 21's engine which was hands down the best ever.

One thing I've noticed, and I'm not particularly happy with is that if you play with attribute masking on, and have a player on trial, within a couple of weeks, you can see all the attributes, however, when the player's trial is finished, and you go back into his profile, all/some of the attributes are missing again. Is this by design, or is it worth reporting? 

Chelsea are usually useless in my saves and Arsenal get overrated for some reason on the game as if they've been consistently getting top 3 finishes in past seasons. They usually challenge for the league in the game while chelsea tuchel always gets sacked.

The coding is sometimes way off in my opinion

1 minute ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

One thing I've noticed, and I'm not particularly happy with is that if you play with attribute masking on, and have a player on trial, within a couple of weeks, you can see all the attributes, however, when the player's trial is finished, and you go back into his profile, all/some of the attributes are missing again. Is this by design, or is it worth reporting? 

Report it Dave 

6 minutes ago, limey150781 said:

United are sixth in my save in the second season after finishing fourth first season. Chelsea won the league first season with City second and City are top in the current season. 

Did they sign Harry Kane in the end? :D

4 hours ago, decapitated said:

If anyone would like to watch a entire match with the post-release edition of FM22 then I've uploaded this video of an entire match. I have to say I've noticed animations are somewhat smoother than in the beta.

why was there a VAR check on the second goal (from a corner!!) Reported as bug?

36 minutes ago, MrPompey said:

There is unfortunately no company in the world that releases software that is bug free. You have the choice as we all do of holding back on your purchase / playing the demo / reading the forums etc before making a final decision.

I dont disagree with the frustration with some of the issues but the tradition has been that the formal release is not the final product and post formal release future changes get made to the product as patches.

I understand that but it's about severity as well. I work in software so I know what you can and can't release live, we generally do not release work that has major bugs. Minor things the users usually tell us about it and we are quick to fix once it's gone through QA.

I will admit however that games can be different, especially since there is an annual release and a time window for sales so it's not directly comparable to a standard software company's internal development.

But in general, I'm sure we can all agree that bigger bugs should not be released to the end user. That's best practice. I think SI bank on most of their userbase not noticing the match engine issues and I get that I am in the minority when delving deeper into the match engine.

That's why i was happy to go back to FM21 until they fix it. But that shouldn't be the advice for the average user, it's a transaction at the end of the day.

City is doing fine in my save, 3 CL finals, won 2, only 1 PL victory though (in 5 seasons).

Arsenal of course is a top contender again which is completely ridiculous, but one gets used to it I suppose. Actually won the PL 3 seasons in and made it to the CL final this season. Chelsea is horribly underwhelming.

Of course, compared to beta City, only 2 CLs in 5 seasons is absolutely horrible. :brock:

afbeelding.png.06257fafd770a014af0ff699c6ecb629.png

Edited by Freakiie

17 hours ago, Guilha said:

Do Inside Forwards cut inside now or do they still just go wide and cross from the line?

I've been having some luck when instructing the IF's to sit narrower. Several goals from edge of the box in far corner.

It's like for some reason the IF's aren't really targeting the gap between the FB's and CD's on default instructions.

4 hours ago, (sic) said:

It's actually disgusting. It's a tool that shouldn't cost anything, even 5 eur was a bit much for it. But to increase the price by 60% for no reason is just disgusting by SI.

I've read some interesting posts in this forum today but sheesh, this one is the winner. If it's "disgusting" just don't buy it.  

CONSUMER CHOICE. I don't buy it as weighing up the price and what it does, I don't want it. Would suggest going and doing something else with your time, like go on Mumsnet and whinge about the fact cream eggs are smaller than they used to be and it's "disgusting". 

Just now, Huey Lewis said:

I've read some interesting posts in this forum today but sheesh, this one is the winner. If it's "disgusting" just don't buy it.  

CONSUMER CHOICE. I don't buy it as weighing up the price and what it does, I don't want it. Would suggest going and doing something else with your time, like go on Mumsnet and whinge about the fact cream eggs are smaller than they used to be and it's "disgusting". 

?

55 minutes ago, MrPompey said:

In task manager click on the Processes tab. It summarises the total used at top plus will confirm separately for each application running. You can also have a look to see what else you have running that may be using your system resources

Nothing out of the ordinary I don't think. I have loaded my beta save up and that is running perfectly fine and as it was, but the save I've started since it's updated is processing so slow. Am at a loss with it

3 hours ago, Johnny Ace said:

Honestly, just ignore them for now, it's hardly game breaking. Annoying, yes, unable to play the game, no. It's been a bit wonky for a couple of years now, this year more so. I've always ignored it, goals win games & all that   

Wait, what? If you’re a manager that like to create tactics where your team DOMINATES the ball, then yeah, it is completely game breaking. Stick to your flat basic 4-4-2 if you want, but it’s 100% immersion breaking. 

Just now, MakeFMGreatAgain said:

Wait, what? If you’re a manager that like to create tactics where your team DOMINATES the ball, then yeah, it is completely game breaking. Stick to your flat basic 4-4-2 if you want, but it’s 100% immersion breaking. 

Yeah, I agree, it's immersion breaking seeing Norwich in the top 3 for possession but honestly, I'm not bothered about DOMINATING the ball & want to win games, if I win 6-0 with 35% possession, it's fine by me. Though I have sent in the PKMs for SI to look at because yeah, it's daft but I'll carry on playing :D