*Official* Football Manager 2022 Feedback Thread

1 hour ago, Metal said:

Well in the beta, during nearly every match there'd be at least 4-6 contested VAR decisions which would have to be made and you would be hard press to guess whether it would be disallowed or awarded as a goal. Now I just see standard decisions and no consulting with VAR by the ref.

Granted I'm playing pre-season games but that shouldn't make any difference. As for injuries I don't want to get into that as I will say the wrong thing in here about what I think about them in the game

Not sure VAR is used in friendlies

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I skipped FM21 as a matter of principle after the disaster that was FM20

Have just come to check early feedback on FM22 & I'm seeing that possession for/pressing against weaker/low mentality sides is STILL an issue?

Hilarious...this was a big issue in FM20 & 2yrs on it's still a problem. Makes you wonder what exactly SI have been doing for 2+yrs

Looks like I'll be skipping FM22 also. More users need to do this instead of blindly spending their £ on the game each year.

Company line on this below also just ridiculous: 

5 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

We're aware of a couple of issues which are very much being investigated and reviewed in the match engine, including in relation to possession stats for weaker sides, however match engine changes are very much related to balance and need a lot of time and reviewing by our QA and dev team before we can roll that out. 

What do you mean "need a lot of time and reviewing"...you had the time when you where making the game...what have you been doing the last few months when work started on the next edition? This has been an issue since FM20 so surely 2+yrs is enough time

Edited by Lvpool

8 minutes ago, jlammi said:

Hi! I still cannot edit money with in game editor posted this to bug tracker also. any help?

I have had a look and cant see any other reports about this- it might be worth uploading a save to the SI cloud and let the Devs know in your tracker thread then name of the save , so that they can have a look for you.

9 minutes ago, FrazT said:

I have had a look and cant see any other reports about this- it might be worth uploading a save to the SI cloud and let the Devs know in your tracker thread then name of the save , so that they can have a look for you.

Yeah - i uploaded my save there now.

32 minutes ago, ianmatt15 said:

Very defensive on this aren't they. RULES say you can't as a customer assess the performance of Jacobson. Not great business practice I would say. Hopefully some proper competition comes along soon. I don't need warnings I am not a child. Nothing abusive was said. 

This is the house rule that we ask all users to read and abide by; https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/509042-providing-feedback-and-engaging-with-others/

10 hours ago, (sic) said:

Any reason why the in-game editor is now 8 eur instead of 5 eur? It looks literally the same, and it seems like SI are just trying to milk us even more, the game itself was more expensive this year and now the editor is too.

Yep up from £3.99 to £5.99

So the match engine is still screwed and possession is still not working properly? Damn. Y'all had two weeks of beta to do it. I had been waiting for two months to play with friends, guess it'll have to wait another few months.

Edited by UI_Riven
Language

3 minutes ago, UI_Riven said:

So the match engine is still <snip>and possession is still not working properly? Damn. Y'all had two weeks of beta to do it. I had been waiting for two months to play with friends, guess it'll have to wait another few months.

No issues with the criticism, but please do not use that kind of language on the forums.- I will edit it this time

5 hours ago, Metal said:

I think they've seriously removed VAR contention goals  the same way they removed injury crisis's. I've played 4 games and yet to see a VAR decision stopped then awarded in my or the oppositions favor. Anyone else having the same issue? 

Not my experience. I've had a game with three offside VAR reviews and seen a penalty check too. They're possibly less intrusive than Beta for me but they're still there.

5 hours ago, Mr Tonio said:

10 matches played with the ME, does not show improvement to the IF, IW. This is not great, it was the main beef of the community with the new ME. I hope it's just situational, and in 30 + matches i've been shown wrong.

Again, this is not my experience. I couldn't use an IF in the Beta as it just did not work. In the ten games I've played on the Beta, my IF(A) with the ball is cutting in laterally as much as three quarters of the pitch width. In my opinion the difference in their on ball behaviour since Beta is significant. 

He didn't say the word. And it would be nice to have feedback on the feedback. We reported issues, we report the same ones, and the only answers we have are defensive comments and "don't use that language" comments. How do you expect people to be chill when you openly ignore people who paid for the game and ask for answers?

3 minutes ago, Fettucine_Alfredo said:

He didn't say the word. And it would be nice to have feedback on the feedback. We reported issues, we report the same ones, and the only answers we have are defensive comments and "don't use that language" comments. How do you expect people to be chill when you openly ignore people who paid for the game and ask for answers?

As I said, I have no issues with the criticism- despite their frustration, users need to be able to post without swearing.

Suddenly shipping goals from very direct over the top balls, and I'm playing a standard defensive line. Big slow target men being able to to run on to balls, or I'm also watching defenders suddenly unable to head the ball and just watch it go pass them... Not fun. 

il y a 43 minutes, RTHerringbone a dit :

Again, this is not my experience. I couldn't use an IF in the Beta as it just did not work. In the ten games I've played on the Beta, my IF(A) with the ball is cutting in laterally as much as three quarters of the pitch width. In my opinion the difference in their on ball behaviour since Beta is significant. 

Nice, ok thx. I'm launching a new save and will give IF a try for a longer period. I will come back to testify if i was wrong. I will try on IF(s) though :p.

1 hour ago, FrazT said:

@TheQueenMalkova I have hidden your posts in here because you have already posted this issue in 5 other sub-forums.  I appreciate that you may be frustrated but you cant spam the forums with this issue- leave it till it is dealt with

Hey mate sorry for spamming that. But I thought that was the only way to get some attention for that issue, since the issue itself has been there for quite a few years now. Are you guys really going to have a look? Such issues should not even be there since you guys have researchers in China as well. Could you please HAVE a look ?

1 minute ago, TheQueenMalkova said:

Hey mate sorry for spamming that. But I thought that was the only way to get some attention for that issue, since the issue itself has been there for quite a few years now. Are you guys really going to have a look? Such issues should not even be there since you guys have researchers in China as well. Could you please HAVE a look ?

You have raised this in at least 3 of the correct sections of the Bugs forum, so you will get a response there, one way or the other.  I am a forum moderator and have no knowledge of the game code so cant help directly

8 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Just been offered £900 for a player valued between £2k-£550k, he's 19yo and definitely closer to the upper end.

Don't mind the AI trying to lowball me at all but it definitely needs tweaking 😅

FWIW I changed his asking price to £400k, a figure that came about through talks with him and his agent, and the daft offers have stopped.

Really not impressed with this years game tbh. UI should be getting easier, not adding extra clicks to get to the same screens every year. Seem to spend more time having the same repetitive conversations/interactions with people (staff, players, journalists, board, agents) than I do actually playing a game of football. Tactics haven’t been improved in a few years, same options etc...more importantly the ME doesn’t reward good tactics. And don’t get me started on the graphics that have got progressively worse since FM17. 

There’s always next year for FM/SI to turn it around...but this years version is just not it 

Edited by MakeFMGreatAgain

Probably a dumb question and I'm not sure if this is the correct place for it, but how do I know if I'm on the full game and not the beta?

The start screen says 22.1, but I didn't notice any downloads on steam, updates, etc.

Any hell very much appreciated!

2 minutes ago, ca14g44 said:

Probably a dumb question and I'm not sure if this is the correct place for it, but how do I know if I'm on the full game and not the beta?

The start screen says 22.1, but I didn't notice any downloads on steam, updates, etc.

Any hell very much appreciated!

If the "report bug" button is gone in your sidebar on the left, than you are on the full version ;)

6 minutes ago, limey150781 said:

I'm really struggling to see what others are seeing. The only real issue and granted it's not ideal, is possession being OTT for defensive teams. Some of the actual football I'm seeing is by far and away the best ever produced by a FM ME. VAR is really nicely balanced top and the best thing of all is a genuine difference between high level leagues and lower leagues. You can see the huge difference in quality of play between the 2. I really liked 21 but 22 is just ahead and I'm sure will be well ahead with any little additions over the coming months.

People expect things to perform exactly the way they want them to, when they don't it's a fault of the company and not of their unrealistic expectations.

Played enough of the beta and enough of the final release since last night to notice that my IF's are moving in a different way than they did yesterday, I'm not hitting the woodwork as much as I was, my play is much more central (when I set it up that way) and I'm also not finding an issue with possession either. Last game was 62% in my favour, I struggled to get to over 53% or so in the beta. My only complaint is not having an attributes option on scout reports but that's merely cosmetic, I'll get a skin that sorts that out.

Just 4 games in and have conceded probably the 2nd worst goal I've conceded on any fm. 

Their keeper hoofs it over my defence, my keeper comes running out and managed to get under the ball. Turns round and just ambles back towards the ball while striker sprints in and taps into the empty net. 

Was on a network game so will try and figure out how to load a pkm next time we play 

Just now, Fettucine_Alfredo said:

Conveniently you've removed only the messages not going in SI's way, but kept the one attacking people while going in SI's way.

The SI Army strikes again.

I removed BOTH ways actually. But please let this rest now.

1 hour ago, TheQueenMalkova said:

The way to attention to game problems is to raise them as bugs, thats where the SI Devs will be looking