Jump to content

*Official* Football Manager 2022 Feedback Thread


Recommended Posts

Just now, DarJ said:

I didn't even get through half a season because of that particular issue during the beta and I'm happy with it now so something has definitely changed 

well that's good for you, i'm quite ready to accept that maybe you've noticed differences without resorting to implying you were lying. I can only give my impressions based on what i see.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, zgiorgos10 said:

Ok then, so tell me what to do, i play as a a manger of Manchester City, and we have a game at Etihad against Southampton. It's possible for my side to dominates possession? If the game finish 5-0 and Southampton has 70% ball possession it's normal Will you continue to play the game?

Shorter passing, stronger pressing, slower pace. Press higher up on the pitch. If you have a control possession tactic, there's no reason for you to not be getting lots of possession of the ball. The match engine seems to be somewhat better with intercepts now, so passing lots of through balls and very direct plays can be more risky. If you go up against a control possession team that's inferior to you, and they're playing defensively, they're going to pass the ball around in the back a lot, waiting for the opportune time to strike, which is where the high press comes in handy.

More possession doesn't necessarily mean a team will win, however. If you have a team that can reliably get the ball up the field faster than their defense can manage, and score, you could have possession 20 minutes of the match and still come out on top. It does, however, require a very specific set of skills from your players, of course, as well as appropriate shape and instructions.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, DarJ said:

I'm surprised people are being this heated. Next time they would just stop providing the early access beta and do all the testing themselves internally

Which is completely fine if they do :thup:. but if they do release a beta I don’t think it’s too rude to ask/expect a short summary of the most frequent concerns and reports and how they’ve fixed/how they are getting on with dealing it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Jaydenoren said:

Which is completely fine if they do :thup:. but if they do release a beta I don’t think it’s too rude to ask/expect a short summary of the most frequent concerns and reports and how they’ve fixed/how they are getting on with dealing it.

Well, next year why not ask for the patch note from the alpha stage to the beta stage?

Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, limey150781 said:

So after a couple of hours playing, the ME has definitely improved. The overall feel is smoother, I'm seeing far more variety of goals including some lovely runs from deep from my AMC and CM that are being found with through balls. Crossing seems toned down. I can definitely live with this ME. 

The most frustrating thing I've come across is still in the player search it defaults back to the top of the list after you click on a player. This must surely be an easy fix and it was raised and acknowledged. How isn't it fixed?

From the one game I played it definitely felt smoother with a more variety of goals especially coming from the middle which is a good sign. The M.E can only get better from here

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, DarJ said:

Well, next year why not ask for the patch note from the alpha stage to the beta stage?

Well if Miles ever rang me up to play the alpha and I came back with a few bug reports, then yeah, I would.

Link to post
Share on other sites

So, it's only 1 match from me so far, but you definitely can see changes from the beta.

IFs definitely move a lot more... well IF like. Had Musiala with a lovely Robbenesque move, too bad his finish was anything but Robbenesque! Scored a nice goal as well after Davies used his acceleration to get by his man and enter the box, something I didn't see WBs do at all during the beta, they just ran out wide and threw crosses in. Saw some counter attempts as well that didn't happen in the beta.

Corners still look like a massive threat though. Which is no surprise when Milenkovic is marked by Werner and Lukaku decides that Müller is his priority. Sure, you better keep an eye on Müller, but surely you wouldn't leave that to one of your best jumpers! :lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm only one game in, but my IF is already behaving much more like he should. Which is nice. Match engine seems to have had a few tweaks. Even seen some central play, although my current tactic is a wide 4-3-3, so wide play is going to dominate, and I'm fine with that. 

Game zipping along, very smooth transitions between screens. 

Very impressed so far. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Prepper_Jack said:

Shorter passing, stronger pressing, slower pace. Press higher up on the pitch. If you have a control possession tactic, there's no reason for you to not be getting lots of possession of the ball. The match engine seems to be somewhat better with intercepts now, so passing lots of through balls and very direct plays can be more risky. If you go up against a control possession team that's inferior to you, and they're playing defensively, they're going to pass the ball around in the back a lot, waiting for the opportune time to strike, which is where the high press comes in handy.

More possession doesn't necessarily mean a team will win, however. If you have a team that can reliably get the ball up the field faster than their defense can manage, and score, you could have possession 20 minutes of the match and still come out on top. It does, however, require a very specific set of skills from your players, of course, as well as appropriate shape and instructions.

The issues with possession is not tactical but ME-related. And SI have said its a known issue.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Have to echo @limey150781 , this is definitely looking like a far better ME than the beta ME.

Far more risks being taken with the ball in buildup, good mixture of central and wide play. There are far too many passes in the ME overall, but I do feel like there's been a substantial reduction in the mindless keep-ball between CBs and GKs that plagued beta.

Wide forwards aren't quite cutting in as much as I'd perhaps like, but I've seen some lovely through balls pinged to my IFa attacking the channel already, which just wasn't happening during beta - definite improvement there.

"Cross More Often" roles remain too enthusiastic to mindlessly cross regardless of players in the box for my liking, but beyond that there's a good mixture of crosses and cutbacks, and crosses have a reasonably (low) completion percentage without it devolving into kick-ball-at-shin simulator like in FM21.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not one to comment much, as you can see from my profile, but - being an avid buyer of FM - I'm in desbelief how MAJOR but basic things like Inside Forwards (and Inverted Wingers) not cutting inside - which is 80% of what their role is about - slip in and are included in a game like Football Manager. Surely the programmers/testers of the game, during Beta and even before, have noticed that the IFs are not doing 80% of their job.

In my opinion, this is a cause to postpone the release of the full game. People expect IFs to cut inside as they expect wingers to play close to the line, as they expect Poachers to try to beat the offside trap. These are basic things that a game like FM can't downplay as tactics are the backbone of this game; If tactics don't work as they're supposed to, then what are we playing for? Focus on the Match Engine, get the basic things right (like Inside Forwards cutting inside) and then work on the rest as everything else, besides ME, is mostly decoration (which we really appreciate, but we rather the ME is well done when released).

Buying a game in October to only have 100% playable version in March is kind of sh*tty.

 

On a positive note, because you do deserve to hear positive things, I like all the changes/tweaks you've done in the game besides the ME flaws.

 

Fix IFs and it'll be the best FM ever released.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

Just to be completely clear, whilst we appreciate that some people would like build notes and that feedback has been noted, our policy is not to provide them when releasing a game fully, even when it's been in a beta stage previously.

We do have a bug tracker which we intend to update individual threads when issues have been addressed, so would recommend that as a way of checking (albeit will take us a while to update each issue over the forthcoming days). 

Please keep this thread on topic for feedback on the game itself. Any further questions in relation to the release of notes, please direct to us via the contact us form, as any post referencing it will be hidden within this thread to keep it on topic.

Thanks. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I can use my Early Access save on the full game, but just to make sure, no new save is needed for all the changes to be in effect? The other thread about previous versions needing a new save got me a bit scared, so would like to make sure.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
Just now, bisk said:

I can use my Early Access save on the full game, but just to make sure, no new save is needed for all the changes to be in effect? The other thread about previous versions needing a new save got me a bit scared, so would like to make sure.

You're fine to carry on with your save. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

There is literally no point in detailing what changes to the match engine there has been. Who would be the target audience of that information?

If you haven't played the beta, you will have no frame of reference of how it has played over the last couple of weeks (and there's also a free demo to try it, as always)

If you have played the beta, you own the game anyway, and can see with your own eyes the changes that have been made. 

 

It’s not as if people who haven’t got a beta have no idea what this website is, as we have seen there’s people who haven’t played the game yet but seen people talk about the flaws of the ME here (or even elsewhere) and would just like to know an update of the situation before they make their purchase.

 

And as for the people who have played the beta (like me), we simply don’t have the time, yet I am a extremely impatient fan who won’t be able to sleep at night if I don’t know that inside forwards make the right movement now (which I do know now, my insomnia is cured).

 

I mean I wasn’t gonna make a comment, I was fine in waiting to play the game but just find the reaction of the mod locking the thread of the person who asked and some people on this thread extremely strange. People are asking SI for an quick summary, not for them to liquidate.

Link to post
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, brawla123 said:

I wasn't expecting a lot of changes from the beta to release but it seems like this high completion rate/possession issue is going to take a long time to fix. I know it's a known issue but its really killing the experience for me, not being able to trust possession and completed pass stats.

Err, but they're still accurate? It's not like it's false information. You can trust them, it's just not necessarily a representation of the balance of the match itself. But then possession statistics haven't always been so anyway.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Jaydenoren said:

It’s not as if people who haven’t got a beta have no idea what this website is, as we have seen there’s people who haven’t played the game yet but seen people talk about the flaws of the ME here (or even elsewhere) and would just like to know an update of the situation before they make their purchase.

 

 

I'm not sure how long you've been posting on this forum, but trust me, taking the word of some of the people on here would be far less advisable than trying the game via the free demo. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just booted up the demo and started in the Indonesian 2nd division. As expected the first 2 goals are a beautiful 1 touch play and a screamer from outside the area into the top right corner. 

It's just 30 mins in but I was hoping to see some improvements with irrealistic ranged goals and no visual difference in player skill. FM18 was the last good in that regard

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

I'm not sure how long you've been posting on this forum, but trust me, taking the word of some of the people on here would be far less advisable than trying the game via the free demo. 

then should we take up your word to try the demo? :idiot:

 

seriously though, this forum might be quick to complain but if problems are brought up frequently by many different people, then there is probably some reason to believe it, especially in this situation in particular.

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

I'm not sure how long you've been posting on this forum, but trust me, taking the word of some of the people on here would be far less advisable than trying the game via the free demo. 

the irony here just mind-blowing; some people on here are of the opinion that unless you agree with them then your right to an opinion is forfieted and ripe for belittlement and abuse. In saying that, i agree 100% about trying the demo

Edited by buddiemirren
spelling
Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Jaydenoren said:

then should we take up your word to try the demo? :idiot:

 

seriously though, this forum might be quick to complain but if problems are brought up frequently by many different people, then there is probably some reason to believe it, especially in this situation in particular.

Like the getting FMed monthly posts? Trust me there are a lot of people that exaggerated things in the past so either try the game yourself or watch YouTubers that know their stuff.

Link to post
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, brawla123 said:

I wasn't expecting a lot of changes from the beta to release but it seems like this high completion rate/possession issue is going to take a long time to fix. I know it's a known issue but its really killing the experience for me, not being able to trust possession and completed pass stats.

ultimately, it means passive low risk AI is still a problem. Something that have be raised since last year's beta....Now its really noticeable with the changes to animations and the ability to pass back to defenders more efficiently instead of hoofing the ball.

 

Maybe FM 23?

Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, zyfon5 said:

Like the getting FMed monthly posts? Trust me there are a lot of people that exaggerated things in the past so either try the game yourself or watch YouTubers that know their stuff.

Which is why I said in this situation, “getting FMed” is a complaint as old as time and it has been shut down a long time ago, I’d go as far to say it isnt even said that much anymore and when it does it gets next to no attention (and also that the posts is a point of a problem with the ME but in the other direction in terms of plug n’ play tactics but that’s a whole other conversation) When I said “this situation”, I meant the problems with the beta, which can’t really be denied now can it? You said youtubers and we even had Rashidi point out the problems with the ME in the beta.

Edited by Jaydenoren
Link to post
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, hawkgg said:

The issues with possession is not tactical but ME-related. And SI have said its a known issue.

And "match engine related" means the AI was doing something in particular, which I described. Teams passed passively at the back too much, being too reluctant to push forward, and pressing teams were a little too reluctant to go after them. Again, this could be overcome during beta with tactical changes. I had no problem getting 60% or more possession and scoring tons.

It does, however, from what I can see, appear that higher presses are more effective in the launch version, so these issues may be largely irrelevant now.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Transfers still seem a little off and somewhat unrealistic at times. I'm Fulham, Malmo wanted Kongolo on loan and initially offered no contribution to his salary and a fee of £7k a month. I rejected this and asked that they cover his £20k a week wages in full... they instantly agreed. Their current top earner is on £7k a week. Seems a bit off to me. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Prepper_Jack said:

And "match engine related" means the AI was doing something in particular, which I described. Teams passed passively at the back too much, being too reluctant to push forward, and pressing teams were a little too reluctant to go after them. Again, this could be overcome during beta with tactical changes. I had no problem getting 60% or more possession and scoring tons.

It does, however, from what I can see, appear that higher presses are more effective in the launch version, so these issues may be largely irrelevant now.

SI have confirmed themselves that its an issue and that they are working on it. I played with Bayern Munich. 4231, much higher d-line, higher line of eng., much more trigger press, balanced mentality, POD, shorter passing, lower tempo, WBIB, counter press, distribute to CBs, take short kicks. Opposition instructions  with trigger press + tackle harder on the whole backline. Most i got in a game was 48% possession. Watched the games in full match view, and Lewandowski who played as a PF-a, stood watching as opposition CBs passed among themselves forever. 
 

Again, the issue is a bug. Something is wrong.

Edited by hawkgg
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
20 minutes ago, Prepper_Jack said:

Thank you to the devs for putting potential ability back on the main player overview.

No worries - as said we do read everything trying to listen to our community (but can't always do absolutely everything our players want)!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not seeing as many VAR contention goals disallowed or awarded decisions like in the beta which was very good. It would be a shame if it's intentionally toned down due to complaints because I think the beta was perfect in that area

Edited by Metal
Link to post
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Jaydenoren said:

Which is why I said in this situation, “getting FMed” is a complaint as old as time and it has been shut down a long time ago, I’d go as far to say it isnt even said that much anymore and when it does it gets next to no attention.

Come back here end of this month to see how many of these posts pop out. There is one last month which was quickly shut down by mods and a few of these posts are also in the early access feedback thread. If you are someone who is new to the game you will think that it is a valid issue in the game. Some of these complaints are valid but some of them are not due to individual bias. Take the common notion of strikers can't finishing one on ones in FM20. I have confronted one of these accusers before and posted statistical evidence that there is no significant evidence of it being an issue in game.(and SI confirming in their test) However when asked to provide some screenshots of his save he just completely dodged the request.

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Mr Adam said:

All the people demanding more answers from SI ffs :D It was 10pm on a weekday evening. I reckon they're with their families. Come back in the morning and demand answers then.

The most asked question has been answered by SI in the recommended post at the top of every page of this thread:thup:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys- please keep the feedback in here relevant to FM 22- SI rely on threads like these to get meaningful comments about the new game and these can get lost amongst the irrelevant stuff-

Anything off topic from here will get removed.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think they've seriously removed VAR contention goals  the same way they removed injury crisis's. I've played 4 games and yet to see a VAR decision stopped then awarded in my or the oppositions favor. Anyone else having the same issue? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Metal said:

I think they've seriously removed VAR contention goals  the same way they removed injury crisis's. I've played 4 games and yet to see a VAR decision stopped then awarded in my or the oppositions favor. Anyone else having the same issue? 

To my knowledge, there have been no changes to either VAR decisions or injuries, so maybe just a small sample observation

Link to post
Share on other sites

10 matches played with the ME, does not show improvement to the IF, IW. This is not great, it was the main beef of the community with the new ME. I hope it's just situational, and in 30 + matches i've been shown wrong.

The possession thingy does not bug me, but it will bug certain people, for sure. So, my feedback is: unfinished game, promising, but don't buy it yet if you haven't.

 

Edited by Mr Tonio
Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, FrazT said:

To my knowledge, there have been no changes to either VAR decisions or injuries, so maybe just a small sample observation

Well in the beta, during nearly every match there'd be at least 4-6 contested VAR decisions which would have to be made and you would be hard press to guess whether it would be disallowed or awarded as a goal. Now I just see standard decisions and no consulting with VAR by the ref.

Granted I'm playing pre-season games but that shouldn't make any difference. As for injuries I don't want to get into that as I will say the wrong thing in here about what I think about them in the game

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Bradley21 said:

Our network save has become quite laggy since the patch was applied, with so many pages hanging and loading taking quite a bit longer sometimes. 

Might be worth raising a support ticket and let the tech guys have a look 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

This site uses cookies - We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.