*Official* Football Manager 2022 Feedback Thread

1 hour ago, Zemahh said:

Glad to see the Potential Ability stars back on the profile page. :thup:

Glad potential ability star issue sorted...pity that all average basic wage calculation still hasn't been fixed and still Zero for each player category. Raised yet again despite in Beta with SI saying they were aware of it and it was under investigation...diasappointing

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

57 minutes ago, diLLa88 said:

Transfer offers are still horrendous, getting lowballed all the freaking time while unsettling my players.

d0fc1492bd8d4155b8ea6cd6992ec383.png

e521ca91c568dae43fb319c0c1cf6527.png

348d0a66ba53991c93901841d54a1f91.png

1c2ef05cfbcc439e27bc5bdb51af083b.png

If it's still an easy decision to just reject the offer, then do so. If it's a harder decision and you're almost tempted to accept or at least negotiate rather than keep an unhappy player, then their plan is working perfectly.

4 minutes ago, TheArsenal63 said:

I don't think they will. The silence is kind of telling. If they couldn't fix the pass completion issue , I highly doubt they fixed the IF and IW or center play.

Looks like the same FM20 non-response and ignore users until they go away. I sometimes wonder why I buy this game early, most of the time they don't fix issues until the March update.

Back to FM21 for me then.

I played one game and central play was improved to be honest. Haven't got deep into consecutive games as if yet to see if there are more improvements, but 1st match there was a good variety of goals coming from through balls and wing play, so I'm really hopeful the ME will grow on me compared to the beta version.

Disappointed Conte hasn't been updated to be managing Tottenham consider that was a fortnite ago

Edited by Metal

5 minutes ago, Spurs08 said:

If it's still an easy decision to just reject the offer, then do so. If it's a harder decision and you're almost tempted to accept or at least negotiate rather than keep an unhappy player, then their plan is working perfectly.

You overestimate the AI I feel. As I only seem to receive ridiculous offers and they always reject a more fair price it seems that they just arent rating them fairly.

1 minute ago, Kingstontom88 said:

Seeing a lot of crosses from absurdly close to the byline that are headed in at the far post by short wingers. Also long balls over the top seem very effective.

Are Man Utd not licensed in this edition? Changed to Manchester UFC in my game

They are not, was a well documented thing earlier in the year. 

6 minutes ago, Jaydenoren said:

So now wanting to know what was actually changed in the game is being a baby? Some people can’t play now or hasn’t bought the game yet and want to know, grow up.

Yes. They've never announced the changes from Beta to full game. The entitlement is ridiculous and is the sort of thing that will stop SI communicating with its user base

3 minutes ago, Jaydenoren said:

So now wanting to know what was actually changed in the game is being a baby? Some people can’t play now or hasn’t bought the game yet and want to know, grow up.

There is literally no point in detailing what changes to the match engine there has been. Who would be the target audience of that information?

If you haven't played the beta, you will have no frame of reference of how it has played over the last couple of weeks (and there's also a free demo to try it, as always)

If you have played the beta, you own the game anyway, and can see with your own eyes the changes that have been made. 

• Administrators
39 minutes ago, bobbyb12345 said:

I’m confused, this morning in the beta thread it was said by one of the mods that we shouldn’t go too in depth in discussions over particular topics as it took away from the general feedback, yet someone has quite reasonably created a thread about match engine changes (because SI won’t tell us which ones they’ve made) and that thread has been locked: https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/558892-fm22-match-engine-beta-to-full/ 

So can we discuss it in here? From someone who hasn’t bought the game yet it would be useful to know

It's a feedback thread - with all due respect not sure how you can provide feedback on a game you're not playing? 

This full release version isn't the same as the beta version. If people have specific issues, we'd very much suggest raising it via our bugs forum.

We're aware of a couple of issues which are very much being investigated and reviewed in the match engine, including in relation to possession stats for weaker sides, however match engine changes are very much related to balance and need a lot of time and reviewing by our QA and dev team before we can roll that out. 

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, Dbuk1 said:

Can I get a confirmation that no match engine changes have happened from beta to release? I'm 80 percent certain and would like to go to bed and not waste anymore time lol

It is a different ME. You can tell by the version number being different. 

1 minute ago, Dbuk1 said:

Can I get a confirmation that no match engine changes have happened from beta to release? I'm 80 percent certain and would like to go to bed and not waste anymore time lol

It s almost the same. The problems is still there. No pressing, defensive sides dominates possession

• Administrators
1 minute ago, zgiorgos10 said:

It s almost the same. The problems is still there. No pressing, defensive sides dominates possession

As said it's an issue we're aware of and the team are investigating, however as with all changes to the ME it needs time and considerable testing in order for us to consider any changes. 

Even when this does happen, the balance of other stats and most importantly, results are in line with the match performance. 

• Administrators

Just to reiterate, this thread is for feedback on Football Manager 2022. 

Would appreciate people keeping it on topic and taking into account the ground rules:

• Constructive feedback is helpful. Constructive doesn't necessarily mean positive, but at least give us your reasons. Help us to help you by giving details.
  • Respect other opinions. We don't expect you to always agree but read other's posts and respect their position.
  • Please take Tactical Discussion elsewhere. We've seen that these types of threads can see posts focused on the tactical side of the game and whilst this is interesting, it's much more appropriate discussion for our Tactics, Training and Strategies Discussion.

Cheers. 

2 minutes ago, zgiorgos10 said:

Ok then, so tell me what to do, i play as a a manger of Manchester City, and we have a game at Etihad against Southampton. It's possible for my side to dominates possession? If the game finish 5-0 and Southampton has 70% ball possession it's normal Will you continue to play the game?

Maybe don't use the most extreme tatctic with a gazillion Instructions for a change ? I routinely get 55-60 % against weaker side as Leeds.

3 minutes ago, buddiemirren said:

i had intended to wait until i had completed a full season under the new ME before posting my comments on the differences from Beta but the narrative on display here, where moderators are tacitly condoning attacking the section of the user base who are just asking reasonable questions has led to the following;

I personally put about 200 hours into the Beta and I'm about 2 hours/ 12 games into the full release.

i dont see any changes, not one. i notice there was a 3.5 GB update but honestly i havent noticed anything different from the Beta. I'm sure there will be plenty on here who want to try and belittle me or direct their abuse in my direction now but....not 1 change, not one bit of difference.

of course, if someone from SI wants to point out any of the differnces that i cant see, i'll take that on-board and maybe stand corrected but until then. NOT ONE SINGLE DIFFERENCE !!!

If You were being honest you'd have mentioned that the movements of IFs are better now

FM22 is hands down best version of FM. There's no question about it. For the people who now think there's a problem with possession that's true! BUT its still 10x better to have too much possession time to time than underdogs clearing ball for you to press on again and again. It's just massive step to a more realistic direction and presentation of football. I applaud SI for taking this risk to turn things around for a even more realistic direction from the arcade rocket pressing and passing. There's still some things to improve but wow this year's version is still a big deal in relatively short amount of time 

21 minutes ago, Freakiie said:

So, players are still desperate to leave CL winning Bayern for any premier league club that comes in for them because "PL is the better league!!!". Winning the CL? Who cares! You then tell them sure, you sell them for a fair price, that they agree on. 2 days later? They're in your office whining how you're asking way too much for them and suddenly what they consider a  "fair" price is like 20% less of what they considered fair literally 2 days prior.

Seriously, when will SI finally change things so players get over this absurd PL fetish? United in real life struggles like crazy to get top players in, meanwhile in FM every player just goes "holy crap, a PL club wants me? SELL ME NOW!!"

IF you consider that this module is not working as intended, please report it- it wont get looked at if you just mention it in here

After holidaying the first season in the prem 3 times….the differences are small in stat terms. Average ratings are slightly lower then beta (the thing that caught my eye). The other obvious issues that people are complaining about are still there. 

My sample is small obviously. As a side note on some highlights I believe they have adjusted the inside forward role. 

Edited by Dbuk1

So after a couple of hours playing, the ME has definitely improved. The overall feel is smoother, I'm seeing far more variety of goals including some lovely runs from deep from my AMC and CM that are being found with through balls. Crossing seems toned down. I can definitely live with this ME. 

The most frustrating thing I've come across is still in the player search it defaults back to the top of the list after you click on a player. This must surely be an easy fix and it was raised and acknowledged. How isn't it fixed?

Just now, DarJ said:

I didn't even get through half a season because of that particular issue during the beta and I'm happy with it now so something has definitely changed 

well that's good for you, i'm quite ready to accept that maybe you've noticed differences without resorting to implying you were lying. I can only give my impressions based on what i see.