Football Manager 2020 - Feature Announcement Blogs

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, Stevicus said:

Don't  know what this obsession is with realism or simulation. Yes we want it to mirror the real world but at the same time...do managers REALLY deal with contracts and transfer fees anymore? The more football has become a business the less responsibility a manager has had with these financial aspects.

You can already set your DoF to handle all transfer and contract activity. 

22 minutes ago, theballstopshere said:

I have no idea. They can get rather touchy. I got picked on for using an exclamation mark in a few paragraphs of text in which I gave suggestions on how to improve the game. Nothing aggressive or disrespectful. But nothing about the suggestions was even touched on, but just the constant droning about me being rude. 

No. You were not picked on. It wasn't constant droning, just explanations on some of the points you raised. There was a discussion - If you have an issue, use the contact us button at the bottom of the page. It doesn't belong in here.

3 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

No. You were not picked on. It wasn't constant droning, just explanations on some of the points you raised. There was a discussion If you have an issue, use the contact us button at the bottom of the page. It doesn't belong in here.

Well, let me correct myself. I was not picked on per say, but me being disrespectful (using an exclamation mark) was a sticking point that was picked on. It was addressed specifically along with an accusation that I was not being constructive even though my suggestions were not replied to. It's all evidenced in the posts. 

In any case, I only brought it up because someone else did, as do some others on here. I have no intention of pursuing it. 

Just want the best for the game, which I feel can have loads of room for improvement in the realism bit. 

21 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

You can already set your DoF to handle all transfer and contract activity. 

Aye so you can, which is something I've done before. However, you do lose interest when he signs your 3rd striker of the transfer window to fit  in a formation that only uses one. Youd want the ability to have a meeting with your DoF and chief scout to outline potential signings and identify weaknesses in the team before he blindly goes signing whomever he can 

Apologies, I haven't followed this thread closely and the answer is probably in front of me - but the thread has derailed somewhat.

Where can I find all the new features - or have they been released yet?

1 minute ago, Smurf said:

Apologies, I haven't followed this thread closely and the answer is probably in front of me - but the thread has derailed somewhat.

Where can I find all the new features - or have they been released yet?

Best place is FM and Miles’ twitter. Headline features and other minor ones have been released.

5 hours ago, autohoratio said:

A very much appreciated improvement 

QoL improvement, already in the game. More pertinently, will your DoF make suggestions in line with your club vision?? An option to select an age bracket and other more specific criteria would be useful.  

What about those occasions when you've agreed a transfer but end up being ten bob short and it falls apart when realistically I'm sure the shortfall would be met or you'd at least have the option to ask for it as below.

Screen Shot 2019-10-09 at 7.09.45 AM.png

Edited by janrzm

7 minutes ago, janrzm said:

QoL improvement, already in the game. More pertinently, will your DoF make suggestions in line with your club vision?? An option to select an age bracket and other more specific criteria would be useful.  

Fully agree with you. I find DoF suggestions quite useless when my club has phylosophy to sign young players and I am concentrating only on youth development and all suggestions are only for players 25 and more. So it would be great, and surely not difficult to add, if we would have an option to add age limit and other criteria.

5 hours ago, Double0Seven said:

I dont understand this snarky comment from Miles. 

How is this "arcade"? Surely there are DOFs in real life who have more power than your average DOF and also DOFs who have less power. 

If "we" are making a simulation then why do we have the current mechanics behind the DoF role? It operates exactly the same for every club that has a DoF, this is not the case in football. There is no ability to target specific traits or even ages. No ability to sit down with the DoF and board to agree/discuss vision, criteria etc.....If the actions of the DoF are not in sync with the club vision it diminishes that new feature IMO, I could go on.

On a side note. I would defend all day the right of Miles to throw shade on anyone that adds rude comments or disrespectful comments on his personal Twitter but when an obvious fan of the game makes a legit suggestion and gets a short, dismissive reply it makes me cringe.

Edited by janrzm

2 minutes ago, rdbayly said:

I'm suffering information drip-feed fatigue. Frankly, the whole strategy behind how FM20 is being promoted to us has become seriously tiresome. I'm not even looking forward to the release that much anymore; which is quite an achievement given I'd class myself as a fanboy who has pre-ordered for many years.

The only thing that matters to me is advancements in the AI, Match Engine and the overall match day presentation. 

I'm pop back in a few weeks. 

Well, we've had one feature announcement. We are waiting on more info about FM20. There are/were the twitter posts by Miles, but they're small, "bonus" features.

19 minutes ago, rdbayly said:

I'm suffering information drip-feed fatigue. Frankly, the whole strategy behind how FM20 is being promoted to us has become seriously tiresome. I'm not even looking forward to the release that much anymore; which is quite an achievement given I'd class myself as a fanboy who has pre-ordered for many years.

The only thing that matters to me is advancements in the AI, Match Engine and the overall match day presentation

I'll pop back in a few weeks. 

I did say this to you two weeks ago, that you wouldn't see a lot of this till later or in the demo. Not sure why you've put yourself through this fatigue tbh, there's still a roughly month before release at a totally wild guess.

4 hours ago, 99 said:

Stopped following him years ago. Some people have bright minds but they are not that bright in personal relations, which is ok. I take any day a bad humoured doctor who can save my life than a nice one who let me die. Then I use my liberty to interact / not interact, follow / not follow whoever I want, and from Miles I want to play his game (and pay for it) but I don't want anything else to do with him.

Its a real shame. I used to love watching Miles genuine enthusiasm, love & passion for the game. It was as if he couldn't get his updates out quick enough, to show us all what was new in the game. He was like a kid at Christmas & we all warmed to him because we related to that kid at Christmas feeling. I hope i'm wrong but he seems to have fell out of love with his baby, like its become purely business & one that he's not enjoying. 

4 hours ago, 99 said:

Stopped following him years ago. Some people have bright minds but they are not that bright in personal relations, which is ok. I take any day a bad humoured doctor who can save my life than a nice one who let me die. Then I use my liberty to interact / not interact, follow / not follow whoever I want, and from Miles I want to play his game (and pay for it) but I don't want anything else to do with him.

Bring back our favourite spokesman from the other year who did the videos. Guy did a great job on the PR front if you ask me. :D

I think the DoF idea is interesting, probably not going to happen in 2020 though, but I would have thought it would be earmarked for further down the line, to have them be more aligned with the club philosophy perhaps? Say, a club that has a vision to have the DoF handle squad building but the manager be a 'head coach'. That's an option, or a potential transfer by committee thing etc. I imagine it might be too much of a hassle to put in and may very well not be a popular feature though - I know I'd just beeline for a club that gives me total control tbh.

1 hour ago, rdbayly said:

The only thing that matters to me is advancements in the AI, Match Engine and the overall match day presentation. 

That just about sums it up

8 minutes ago, isignedupfornorealreason said:

I think the DoF idea is interesting, probably not going to happen in 2020 though, but I would have thought it would be earmarked for further down the line, to have them be more aligned with the club philosophy perhaps? Say, a club that has a vision to have the DoF handle squad building but the manager be a 'head coach'. That's an option, or a potential transfer by committee thing etc. I imagine it might be too much of a hassle to put in and may very well not be a popular feature though - I know I'd just beeline for a club that gives me total control tbh.

If the aim is to simulate real life then there has to be a move in this direction. Currently the DoF AI is not good enough to allow control of transfers (IMO) but more control over actual target traits should be simple. Also, any options around DoF squad building would need to be optional as you can't be in a situation where you can't manage your favourite club in this game because you don't have the control you desire. It's all about offering choice, currently its all too generic. 

Edited by janrzm

1 hour ago, PhilT said:

Its a real shame. I used to love watching Miles genuine enthusiasm, love & passion for the game. It was as if he couldn't get his updates out quick enough, to show us all what was new in the game. He was like a kid at Christmas & we all warmed to him because we related to that kid at Christmas feeling. I hope i'm wrong but he seems to have fell out of love with his baby, like its become purely business & one that he's not enjoying. 

I wouldn’t say he has fell out of love for it, all the videos with the youtubers etc last year I think proved that.

I think as much as it comes with the terrority with social media, he clearly gets bombarded by the same questions over and over again every year, for example getting asked when the beta is out probably over 100 times a day when it’s close, so must just get fed up at times as well most people would.

20 minuti fa, sedge11 ha scritto:

I think as much as it comes with the terrority with social media, he clearly gets bombarded by the same questions over and over again every year, for example getting asked when the beta is out probably over 100 times a day when it’s close, so must just get fed up at times as well most people would.

He sure knows how press conferences work in the game... always same annoying questions.

I don't know if that's me only, but I find these new panels and screens (especially loan menu) completely illegible. Yes, I know that purple is Premier League color but default skin in fm19 (not dark/light version) was not user friendly imo. So hello dark skin my old friend. 

Edited by Bigpole

6 hours ago, Zemahh said:

What's "more specific targeting" on that screenshot, I don't see any new options?

We can already specify the type of transfer, position and the role.

4MVB8zQ.png

Yeah, I've been using this for years. The new feature is just a more intuitive menu for something that already exists. Which is nice and all, I guess.

Edited by Double Indemnity

3 hours ago, isignedupfornorealreason said:

I think the DoF idea is interesting, probably not going to happen in 2020 though, but I would have thought it would be earmarked for further down the line, to have them be more aligned with the club philosophy perhaps? 

I hope that eventually, the DOF's level of involvement is dictated by the chairman, rather than being something that is configured by the player. I'm sure there would be an initial outcry from some of the player base, but in the long run, it would make managing different clubs much more varied, and provide a real difference between upper and lower league management, where the management roles and responsibilities vary significantly.

It would, however, require the DOF to make smarter decisions, but hopefully that will be something that continues to improve over time.

Edited by DementedHammer

8 minutes ago, akm.91 said:

A month before release and still no real news or features. Rules changes are treated as new features these days 😂😂😂😂

Everyone still buying on good faith? 

Yep buy it every year without fail, the only game I play

15 hours ago, rdbayly said:

15 hours ago, HUNT3R said:

Well, we've had one feature announcement. We are waiting on more info about FM20. There are/were the twitter posts by Miles, but they're small, "bonus" features.

@Neil Brock

Gotta say - don't really follow twitter that closely - and if that's were all the information is it's gone over my head.

It used to be released on the forums in posts - but I understand they got a lot of backlash.

Even if you create a sub forum and post the new features in posts that are locked for no replies.

I have to agree with @rdbayly - it's quite tiresome.

15 hours ago, HUNT3R said:

Can you clarify what that feature is? Is it the "5 year plan"? 

Is that really the only feature added to FM20? Or am I missing something? I don't want to break forum rules but we're a month away from release and that's all we have to look forward to?

Just now, Sevkak said:

Can you clarify what that feature is? Is it the "5 year plan"? 

Is that really the only feature added to FM20? Or am I missing something? I don't want to break forum rules but we're a month away from release and that's all we have to look forward to?

This thread is the announcement. It's in the OP.

alot of the new features i see are using your DOF & Ass Managers more for feedbacks and insight.

If the AI being used is the same as FM19's then the whole lot of features are gonna flop big time. I really hope the AI has been significantly improved to make the new features even remotely 'usable'.

I wanted a stadium editor, they game me a tie clip, suit jacket buttons and laces for my shoes.

Reminds me of that Rafa Benitez quote about tables and lampshades when at Valencia

19 minutes ago, Dalglish said:

I wanted a stadium editor, they game me a tie clip, suit jacket buttons and laces for my shoes.

Reminds me of that Rafa Benitez quote about tables and lampshades when at Valencia

You need to buy Sim City for that .. This is a management sim

On 27/09/2019 at 15:44, 超级足球狂热迷 said:

To give a real suggestion, the focus is to improve the quality of the picture, change the proportion of players and venues, why so many unreasonable shots, is because too much space leads to too many shooting opportunities in the game, in order not to appear table tennis score.

Force out the golden finger's rescue and shoot into the goalkeeper's body.

Many players want to play the game well, but many pictures feel unreal.

Where are you from buddy? I know FM has a following in Asia but it would be nice to here more insights from your community.

You are right in your assessment of the ME. Depending on your tactic, you can regularly see combined 40 shots a game... so when I see "It was easier to score than miss" 5x a game I start to feel like the ME is trying to compensate for something.

2 minutes ago, Armistice said:

I'm working 9/10 hours per day on a computer but these colors are seriously messing with my eyes.

Dark skin or mod versions off fan sites will be useful then. 

23 hours ago, decapitated said:

I think this was FM06. The ones that were suitable were awful so I dread to think what the unsuitable ones were like. :eek:

I remember this - used to love getting a pic of a bearded, evidently overweight lad in his late 20's/early 30's for my star teen regen forward :lol:

27 minutes ago, prot651 said:

Yes, well spotted it is a management sim. We are given a pre-game database editor and have the ability to add kits and badges - so why not a pre-game graphics editor? Or at least the ability to make some changes to make lower league grounds more realistic.

If you're going to refer to people as fanboys, you'll find yourself picking up infractions. Cut it out.

On the stadium editor, they have spoken about it before as something they are not particularly keen on doing for a number of reasons. I haven't seen that change anywhere tbh, but who knows

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

If you're going to refer to people as fanboys, you'll find yourself picking up infractions. Cut it out.

On the stadium editor, they have spoken about it before as something they are not particularly keen on doing for a number of reasons. I haven't seen that change anywhere tbh, but who knows

I discussed it in this very thread less than a week ago:

44 minutes ago, Dalglish said:

Yes, well spotted it is a management sim. We are given a pre-game database editor and have the ability to add kits and badges - so why not a pre-game graphics editor? Or at least the ability to make some changes to make lower league grounds more realistic.

you know that kit's and badges are added as 'separate' graphic files, not integrated game files? Rather than stadium editor (for now) I'd like 4-5 options for stadium look from rural to national arena or sth like that.

1 hour ago, prot651 said:

The stadium editor would be used to make existing stadiums look more realistic, just as there's a data editor for exactly the same thing (among others).  It's not for any in-game use, at least that's not what I want it for. 

They could at least make the stadiums moddable in some way. I know there's the licence thing, but they don't have the licence for the EPL, yet it's possible to get all the badges and kits etc installed in the game.