Football Manager 2020 - Feature Announcement Blogs

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 horas atrás, ChelseaSince86 disse:

Release date sweepstake,  I will go 14th November.

Have seen 2 retailers guess the 1st and 30th as release dates

I bet on 8th, I'm 99% sure of it. Not just an hunch, I asked some people who might know more than me. But ofcourse, belongs in the speculation category like any other date until it's official.

End of November will never happen.

Edited by 99

58 minutes ago, 99 said:

I bet on 8th, I'm 99% sure of it. Not just an hunch, I asked some people who might know more than me. But ofcourse, belongs in the speculation category like any other date until it's official.

End of November will never happen.

Yeah Nov 8 is what I'm thinking too. It won't happen sooner as the beta isn't available yet (it's always 2 weeks before release) and any later isn't going to go well with those up top who want to see a revenue ASAP. 

54 minutes ago, Sevkak said:

Yeah Nov 8 is what I'm thinking too. It won't happen sooner as the beta isn't available yet (it's always 2 weeks before release) and any later isn't going to go well with those up top who want to see a revenue ASAP. 

November 8th release date    October 25th Beta

1 hour ago, ChelseaSince86 said:

beta is a minimum of 2 weeks before release , so yeh it will be no later than the 25th if its the 8th

I'm thinking 6th December !! Think a delay is coming due to the lack of infomation ... and just a gut feeling something isn't quite right 

The passion of the English for betting is therefore not a legend ! :lol:

Personnaly i begin to screen all of my FM19's View to realise them in FM20. :) 

14 hours ago, prot651 said:

If your paying for something you deserve better

You can always not to buy the game and keep playing the existing one. Nobody's shoving it in your rear end to make you buy every year.

16 hours ago, prot651 said:

If your paying for something you deserve better

1 hour ago, Arijit said:

You can always not to buy the game and keep playing the existing one. Nobody's shoving it in your rear end to make you buy every year.

This. Theres a demo available for free, so you have every chance to play the game yourself before buying it. If you buy it, and dont feel its worth it, that's on you not SI.

Would you go into a shop, eat a free sample, then buy the product before throwing it in the bin and demanding a better tasting one? 

Folk seem to act like they have absolutely no choice but to buy every year, and then complain that they've bought it. 

Edited by RandomGuy.

1 hour ago, Arijit said:

No its called striving to be better and hoping its a better game than the previous 

2 minutes ago, prot651 said:

No its called striving to be better and hoping its a better game than the previous 

But your whining was about your entitlement as a paying customer. And I gave a perfect example of why it's a ******** entitlement logic. I will mention it again before you can start throwing another round of your hissy fit...

If you don't like a product you have paid for it, don't buy it next time. If possible, get a refund. If it has a demo, try it, before buy it otherwise stay away.

Don't you test drive many cars before buying a car you liked? Do you go back to other car dealers and bitch about flaws of their cars?

You can keep playing your favourite FM for many years, it will not stop working.

25 minutes ago, Arijit said:

But your whining was about your entitlement as a paying customer. And I gave a perfect example of why it's a ******** entitlement logic. I will mention it again before you can start throwing another round of your hissy fit...

If you don't like a product you have paid for it, don't buy it next time. If possible, get a refund. If it has a demo, try it, before buy it otherwise stay away.

Don't you test drive many cars before buying a car you liked? Do you go back to other car dealers and bitch about flaws of their cars?

You can keep playing your favourite FM for many years, it will not stop working.

Who is whining or having a hissy fit ? Think you are confused . Yes you do bitch about flaws in your cars ? Don't get why you seem so aggressive ? Don't reply to my opinion if you don't like it as you have others to reply too

42 minutes ago, Arijit said:

Since FM17 FM has used Denuvo so it is possible they may not be playable for as long as you think

The question is...do I book a whole weekend off for the Beta or wait for release?

I'm honestly tempted to miss beta this year. I seem to enjoy the game more when I'm not on here learning about everything wrong with the game. 

2 minutes ago, ChelseaFan said:

The question is...do I book a whole weekend off for the Beta or wait for release?

I'm honestly tempted to miss beta this year. I seem to enjoy the game more when I'm not on here learning about everything wrong with the game. 

Well considering the beta is different to 20.1/.2/.3  you could always wait it out. I'm certainly going to do that this year cause last year I almost threw my laptop with the bugs around the training places. And im at uni being smashed in 3rd year but fm20 is still on the cards for xmas xD

55 minutos atrás, ChelseaFan disse:

From my experience --- I enjoyed FM19 beta and one could argue if the changes in the ME from beta to release were good.

To me, beta is the full game. There are issues in beta --- and in the full game.

2 hours ago, 99 said:

From my experience --- I enjoyed FM19 beta and one could argue if the changes in the ME from beta to release were good.

To me, beta is the full game. There are issues in beta --- and in the full game.

Beta is not only for match engine issues.

On 09/10/2019 at 20:08, gunner86 said:

Same here really.

There is enough change to make it worth while. And £35 for 1000 hours of play time works out at 3.5p per hour.

I told myself it would take significant changes to takeme away from 19, but even QoL improvements are still improvements. And we have the updated database.

I used to be the same, FM19 is the first one that I stopped playing before March.

I'm not complaining about it and can't pinpoint the reason for it but it just didn't happen there for me.

I tend to agree with how overwhelming the feature announcments on Miles' twitter is,  I just stopped bothering about it. I'll buy the game anyway so it makes no difference,

Am 13.10.2019 um 10:20 schrieb RandomGuy.:

This. Theres a demo available for free, so you have every chance to play the game yourself before buying it. If you buy it, and dont feel its worth it, that's on you not SI.

Would you go into a shop, eat a free sample, then buy the product before throwing it in the bin and demanding a better tasting one? 

Folk seem to act like they have absolutely no choice but to buy every year, and then complain that they've bought it. 

This is hard when it's bascially a monopoly. 

If I want to play a football manager simulation I can't buy anything else.  So there is no real choice 

17 minutes ago, thejay said:

This is hard when it's bascially a monopoly. 

If I want to play a football manager simulation I can't buy anything else.  So there is no real choice 

This is part of the problem I remember when there was three or four football management games out at the same time.  It can be argued that SI has seen off the opposition because of its quality and there is some truth in this however there is also the reason that because the profit margin in football management games is relatively small other developers have dropped out to work on other games that will make them more money but SI had less choice as FM was their main product.

On 12/10/2019 at 22:20, Bothan Spy said:

Drum roll. The results are in. Miles has divulged another ground-breaking news...

Bored of, "better eyebrows on regens" news. We need & deserve something better.

Match engine & better AI transfers would be preferable. 

Match engine should be better, although I'm looking forward to way too many chances being generated before SI does what they do every year and nerfs clear cut chances by the striker to offset it ... again.

Transfer logic has been laughably tilted in the AI's favor for over a decade, and SI has regularly ignored any comments on this topic over the same time period, so why would it be updated for this edition?

Edited by cwc1

10 minutes ago, cwc1 said:

Transfer logic has been laughably tilted in the AI's favor for over a decade, and SI has regularly ignored any comments on this topic over the same time period, so why would it be updated for this edition?

What makes you think this?

1 hour ago, cwc1 said:

I disagree, it's far too easy to buy excellent players for pocket change and sell deadwood for millions. If anything, I'd like it to be MUCH harder. Of course, if you only submit a bit and they reject and you don't do anything about it, of course it's hard. Panic buys are supposed to be hard to get cheap. Planned out bids were you have done the due diligence and have done enough to make the player make a fuzz if a reasonable bid is rejected is almost always accepted. Selling is also quite easy, except for poor players on high wages (see Alexis Sanchez as an example), but that is simply down to poor wage control by the club.

So, I have to do this question: since the release date is only more than a month from now, is there any slight chance that some new feature will be added besides the already announced ones? Or, even better, some more improvements to the ME not yet talked about?

Thank you.

13 minutes ago, 99 said:

So, I have to do this question: since the release date is only more than a month from now, is there any slight chance that some new feature will be added besides the already announced ones? Or, even better, some more improvements to the ME not yet talked about?

Thank you.

I would like it to mean more improvements to the ME but I doubt it, unless there are some flaws at the moment

The skeptical person in me: with the things announced as "features" so far and the 19 nov release date instead of early november as said, Im not getting my hopes up high. Something feels wrong.

The optimistic person in me: they took the feedback and reactions we gave to their feature reveals and took some extra time to work on them and possibly better features. 

Edited by Double0Seven

11 minutos atrás, Double0Seven disse:

The skeptical person in me: with the things announced as "features" so far and the 19 nov release date instead of early november as said, Im not getting my hopes up high. Something feels wrong.

The optimistic person in me: they took the feedback and reactions we gave to their feature reveals and took some extra time to work on them and possibly better features. 

Something feels wrong indeed. Well, all we can do is wait.