Official Football Manager 2019 Announcement

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Nobby_McDonald said:

I disagree completely. The only thing it shows about the new version is that the game has a new logo.

I think that is called a Teaser Trailer, to get you excited for the future game. Normally a Teaser Trailer doesn't show nothing and it's only job is to keep you an eye for future announcements and get you exited about it.

The trailer does its job well, and in it by itself is well produced (shows you as manger, which is kinda the idea of the game) and as @john1 said it looks excellent. Well done who ever was involve in it.

Edited by grade

@Neil Brock Dear Neil

Could you please tell me, will I be able to activate and play multilingual beta-version of FM19 on China PR territory. Because my business trip unsuccessfully falls on last two weeks before release :)

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, steff13 said:

@Neil Brock Dear Neil

Could you please tell me, will I be able to activate and play multilingual beta-version of FM19 on China PR territory. Because my business trip unsuccessfully falls on last two weeks before release :)

Honestly that's a question I don't know the answer to - I'd suggest emailing help@sega.co.uk and they may be able to get an answer for you. 

Keep me updated on how you get on as if they don't know I can potentially chase a different avenue. Thanks. 

I would LOVE to see two major improvements this year:

- Back passes to keeper that goes to corner (happens at least once per match).

- Keeper picking up a ball, then sliding over the back line for a corner (happens at least once every other match).

There ... fix that and FM19 will be worth it ;) ... they must be big problems to fix as they have been there since the introduction of the 3D engine.

22 hours ago, StormenDK said:

I would LOVE to see two major improvements this year:

- Back passes to keeper that goes to corner (happens at least once per match).

- Keeper picking up a ball, then sliding over the back line for a corner (happens at least once every other match).

There ... fix that and FM19 will be worth it ;) ... they must be big problems to fix as they have been there since the introduction of the 3D engine.

Also would be cool if keepers started punching the ball.

Really looking forward to FM19! I've racked up over 500 hours on FM18 and by the time FM19 lands it'll be well over 600 hours. Loved FM18 (apart from the crashes!) and cannot wait until November. So many good games already preordered on console and now FM19 on Steam.

Bring on November :)

Looking forward to this, loved the level of detail in FM18.

A few things I'd like to see is an upgrade for the International management.

(i) The Dynamics needs to be brought into International Management.

(ii) Actual training during International breaks would also be good

(iii) For squad selection for International tournaments give the ability to play at least 1 or 2 friendlies before you need to finalise your squad like most international teams get to do.

Other than that keep up the work

Not for me this time . so disappointed with the 2018 game that its ruined my passion . Probably wait and see how bug ridden it is first and maybe wait for all the patches before I spend my money again on this . 

58 minutes ago, prot651 said:

Not for me this time . so disappointed with the 2018 game that its ruined my passion . Probably wait and see how bug ridden it is first and maybe wait for all the patches before I spend my money again on this . 

Lol, they can't even implement more than 2 monitor resolutions...i doubt the 19 version will be better though 😩 

Forget chopping and changing the look and adding new features. The match engine is what really counts, and it's barely improved in the last 4 years. It looks like a game from the early 90s and the same bugs keep popping up over and over again. Nobody would mind a stripped-down game with about as many features as CM01/02 if the match engine was really good.

On 10/08/2018 at 09:20, grade said:

I think that is called a Teaser Trailer, to get you excited for the future game. Normally a Teaser Trailer doesn't show nothing and it's only job is to keep you an eye for future announcements and get you exited about it.

The trailer does its job well, and in it by itself is well produced (shows you as manger, which is kinda the idea of the game) and as @john1 said it looks excellent. Well done who ever was involve in it.

It teases bugger all.

I'm excited about getting my teeth into my new FM18 save now I have a shiny new laptop, FM18 and an expanded English database. Now lets try to restore Bishop's Stortford to their former glory... er, into National League South.

9 hours ago, ceefax the cat said:

Forget chopping and changing the look and adding new features. The match engine is what really counts, and it's barely improved in the last 4 years. It looks like a game from the early 90s and the same bugs keep popping up over and over again. Nobody would mind a stripped-down game with about as many features as CM01/02 if the match engine was really good.

Yes, they really would.  SI add a lot of new features each edition, whether they're fully fleshed out or not, and people still complain it's just a reskin.  

10 hours ago, ceefax the cat said:

this was a quote from neil b in another thread,

The game is very much modular - coders will have their specific areas of the game to work on (say one works on transfers, one of contracts, one on the match engine animations, one on competitions and rule groups and so-on). Where there's overlap or a particularly large area you'll have coders work closely together (also of course our User Interface team has to work with all of these) so the game will constantly evolve in all areas. 

Some areas are easier to recruit and pick up the knowledge within than others. Our match engine AI code is unbelievably complex and not the type of thing that you could make changes to a week after looking at it. If you can make changes after a year of learning it you'd be doing well! So that gives an idea of just how complex the game can be.

Likewise the game is somewhat limited by how much memory it can use. We could make the manager AI for say transfers stronger, but in doing so the game would be more resource hungry - we had people raise this just for FM18 where some people found the game a bit slower when running a large number of leagues. This was mainly down to making the AI stronger; considering more players, more aspects of their squad and an element of the long-term vision that's been discussed elsewhere.

would say its same for the match engine 

On 12/08/2018 at 20:39, jeff.fit82 said:

1 - Does the "new" FM logo, FM box retiring the man in suit...and all these "new"
design things some kind of try to unlink the game from the poor and awful 18 version?
Is it a new beginning?

It's got nothing to do with FM18 being "poor and awful" (or otherwise, depending on your point of view). If you were in charge of a video game franchise that had had the same branding for 14 years, wouldn't you think about freshening things up?

11 hours ago, ceefax the cat said:

That old flawed chestnut again. :rolleyes:

Football Manager does not look as good as FIFA or PES, sure, but to negatively compare its graphics to a early or even late-90s game is just silly. Look at FM18. Then look at Ultimate Soccer Manager 2. Then look at FM18 again. See what I mean now?

1 hour ago, CFuller said:

It's got nothing to do with FM18 being "poor and awful" (or otherwise, depending on your point of view). If you were in charge of a video game franchise that had had the same branding for 14 years, wouldn't you think about freshening things up?

Football Manager does not look as good as FIFA or PES, sure, but to negatively compare its graphics to a early or even late-90s game is just silly. Look at FM18. Then look at Ultimate Soccer Manager 2. Then look at FM18 again. See what I mean now?

Absolutely, but hopefully the difference will be even greater in the future

1 hour ago, CFuller said:

You're doing it wrong.  When talking about anything online, you've got to stake a massive claim in one direction, and then massively hype whatever you're saying to a ridiculous degree.  That's how you make an argument young CFuller.

So obviously the 3D representation is much, much worse than games you launched from MSDOS.  

3 hours ago, jeff.fit82 said:

Well, seems that nobody see my questions here...dunno why

i just wanna know...

Will FM19 bring more than just 2 display resolutions?

why FM18 has only two resolutions?

It's not that nobody is seeing it. It's that we have no idea until more info is announced.

On my wish list.

- Massive improvement/overhaul of the regen graphics.

- Sound overhaul of matches.

- No more perm full screen windowed mode. I'd like it to go back to how it used to be in 17 so you can alt-tab out of it properly

If those things are addressed I will likely purchase. But I'm not pre-ordering this time unless I can see some improvement to the above.

2 hours ago, SortitoutsiVP said:

Anyone else like me and just buy the game every year regardless of any improvements purely because that's what they have done since 1992?

Well I was born in 1991 so no....  :lol:

2 hours ago, SortitoutsiVP said:

Anyone else like me and just buy the game every year regardless of any improvements purely because that's what they have done since 1992?

Yeh... Tbf even if the trailer was 'this game is pants, we' ve actually made it worse than fm18' id still buy it. And they know it... 

18 minutes ago, McClane29 said:

How long until we see screenshots?

You won't get any real answer on this. If you want a clue, look at previous years, but even then it's speculation and guesswork. When SI are ready, they'll release info and/or screenshots.

5 hours ago, HUNT3R said:

You won't get any real answer on this. If you want a clue, look at previous years, but even then it's speculation and guesswork. When SI are ready, they'll release info and/or screenshots.

You say simply what SI said at the beginning of this thread, where it literally says: "The first details of the key features in Football Manager 2019 will be revealed in late September...

They will not change that timeline, unless Miles, decides to share some bits with us, like he did a few years ago. But I highly doubt that.

Edited by grade

16 hours ago, SortitoutsiVP said:

Yes, I'm afraid so. I've just accepted a job with a heck of a lot of responsibility, which probably means I won't even have time to download FM19. But i'll buy it anyway!  :idiot:

5 hours ago, grade said:

You say simply what SI said at the beginning of this thread, where it literally says: "The first details of the key features in Football Manager 2019 will be revealed in late September...

They will not change that timeline, unless Miles, decides to share some bits with us, like he did a few years ago. But I highly doubt that.

First details, yes. What form those details are going to be in (the question was about screenshots), we don't know and there's no specific date, just late September. So we will just have to wait until late September to see what's revealed.

On 15/08/2018 at 02:35, jeff.fit82 said:

Well, seems that nobody see my questions here...dunno why

i just wanna know...

Will FM19 bring more than just 2 display resolutions?

why FM18 has only two resolutions?

FM18 has as many resolution options as your monitor can display.  If you can only see two, that's your hardware, not the game.  (Unless you mean some other, bizarre, definition of 'resolution')

I hope that the new graphical redesign will include the interface as well, as I think it can be more up do date now, more ''sleek'' :D

I remember before, there were a lot of skins and so on, but the skinning community is not here anymore, so we get not so good skins with just some extra panels, so basically its not skinning but paneling. (not to offend someone's hard work)

And all the usual improvement of ME, training, polishing some of the addons in FM18.

I will be buying the game anyways, I couldn't find myself playing FM18 when the FM19 is out, if anything just for the database. If I get even 100 hours in, it's still a worthy investment.

Among the many things I'd like to see improved/changed/removed, I expect somebody at SI realises hip injuries are extremely rare in football and only players at the end of their careers "seem" to suffer it. I wasn't able to find any statistic about it, but I watch football since +30 years now, and I honestly have never heard someone being out 2-3 months for this specific injury. And surely not with figures FM is producing.

I hope finishing, defending, heading, reactivity, closing down etc. etc. have been deeply analyzed for this next chapter, as in my opinion this iteration of the ME is the "less realistic" since FM14.

I'm happy with graphic and animations the level is quite good and I hope the focus is mainly on the football aspect of the game (training, matchday).

And my secret wish is seeing interactions (PCs particulary) turned into a separate module to enable/disable. No me, nor my assistant nor anyone to attend'em.