Official Football Manager 2019 Announcement

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What a pleasant surprise. I think a new look was overdue after 14 years, to be honest, and this suggests that major changes could be afoot.

This will be my '20th anniversary' FM, so I'm especially excited to hear about what's in store this time around.

I really like the trailer. Got me exited for it.

The new logo, also looks more minimalist. I like it.

I will probably buy with the pre-order discount, because no matter what I say, of never pre-order games, without knowing the features, but if the features are disappointing or not I end up buying the game. :) Might has well get discount for it. :P

Counting down for the late of september for the new announcements.  :)

The trailer is excellent!

The 10% off deal also lasts a month after the start of the features announcements so just wait if you want to know the features first.

Also, considering most players rack up 100's, if not over 1000 hours on each FM, I don't think we can complain at the value for money at under £35 a year.

I look forward to playing the new game, good job as always SI!

The advert seems quite focussed on the first person perspective. If i was a betting man id say we will have first person interaction in media day, locker room, medics room, board room and scouting room... Or something like that. 

This has come too early :mad: a mont to anticipate the first features... 

4 minutes ago, coady said:

Also, considering most players rack up 100's, if not over 1000 hours on each FM, I don't think we can complain at the value for money at under £35 a year.

I bought FM18 for £35 and I've currently played 1110 hours. So that equals out to about 0,0315 £/hr. I'd say that value for my money! :)

I am looking to upgrade my laptop with FM19 in mind.

When will recommended system requirements be released, if not for a while is there possibly some guidance available please. Would system FM18 system requirements be comparable for example?

6 minutes ago, Connor said:

I am looking to upgrade my laptop with FM19 in mind.

When will recommended system requirements be released, if not for a while is there possibly some guidance available please. Would system FM18 system requirements be comparable for example?

Minimum system requirements can be found on the FM19 Steam page.

Cool :). Deeply hope they finally changed the whole system of transfers this year, but no major expectations, just curious whilst waiting for more details that will probably come as usual somewhere next month. 

Edited by Cedrik

7 hours ago, a.panda said:

Finally Bundesliga license! Great job SI, maybe try to get the J.League ones as well? :)

And Brazil, but the system in Brazil to get licenses is very complicated (you need to license the clubs and the every player separately).

12 minutes ago, trickz said:

Skipped the 18 version because how disappointing it was.

I'm a bit excited but I won't buy the game unless:

- Regens are improved

- The UI is reworked to be more simple and look more minimalist

- Better match engine

If these are in the 19 version, I will gladly buy it. If not, it's another skipped year for me.

I pretty much feel the same way, and more realistic looking stadiums, not so bright lighting and far less replica shirts in the crowd

A bit sad to see no proper discount for people who own all previous versions of FM. I like the thing you did with FM17 where you got 5% discount for each version you own up to 25%.

I also think club researchers all over the world should get a good discount. Without them (us) there is no proper Football Manager, imo.

The FAQ says

Do we get Touch included with Football Manager 2019?

Yes, if you buy Football Manager 2019 on Windows or MacOS you’ll get the Football Manager Touch 2019 for Windows/MacOS only, via Steam. For the tablet version you’ll have to purchase that separately as there are no retailers who sell games across tablet & home computer formats.

What about Linux ... will FM19 run under Linux?

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Hovis Dexter said:

The FAQ says

Do we get Touch included with Football Manager 2019?

Yes, if you buy Football Manager 2019 on Windows or MacOS you’ll get the Football Manager Touch 2019 for Windows/MacOS only, via Steam. For the tablet version you’ll have to purchase that separately as there are no retailers who sell games across tablet & home computer formats.

What about Linux ... will FM19 run under Linux?

Apologies, there was an error which has since been corrected. No Linux version this year. As Miles' stated on twitter, it was no longer financially viable:

10 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

Apologies, there was an error which has since been corrected. No Linux version this year. As Miles' stated on twitter, it was no longer financially viable:

10 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

Goodbye FM it was nice knowing you

1 hour ago, OkMarius said:

A bit sad to see no proper discount for people who own all previous versions of FM. I like the thing you did with FM17 where you got 5% discount for each version you own up to 25%.

I also think club researchers all over the world should get a good discount. Without them (us) there is no proper Football Manager, imo.

I don't know if this is the reasoning for it so do not take it as gospel at all, but you had a small but vocal minority on here, who did nothing but berate that idea from announcement until well after release, maybe that's why its gone.

Nice trailer! I know that's probably not going to change soon, but it would be so nice if SI could launch the game earlier, on September or October,it always seems forever since the season starts until we can play with our team on FM. And how cool would it be if finally this year FM gives us a decent training system? But I will not get my hopes high on this either..