Official Football Manager 2019 Announcement

I'm live on the ground* in Australia and about to watch Usain's first trial match. Will let you know (my opinion of) his chances of getting a real contract after that, haha!

** Not actually in Gosford. Just live in Australia and have the game on the tv.

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, Connor said:

Am I right in thinking, that the Demo would come out on the day of release also?

Only reason I ask is that I wonder whether my 2014 MacBook Air, i7 1.8 Ghz, will be able to handle the game?

I am currently playing FM17 and it handles it perfectly, so would also be interested to know whether people think my current laptop will cope the same with FM19?

I'm not sure a 1.8ghz will process the game at any decent speed.

5 hours ago, Butlee said:

I'm live on the ground* in Australia and about to watch Usain's first trial match. Will let you know (my opinion of) his chances of getting a real contract after that, haha!

** Not actually in Gosford. Just live in Australia and have the game on the tv.

Haha he's definitely a good athlete, but I honestly don't think his football skills will get him a contract. I mean, he could shake off the rust over time, but he doesn't have that touch nor movement for professional level.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see him out there every week... but my honest opinion is that it won't happen.

2 hours ago, Butlee said:

Haha he's definitely a good athlete, but I honestly don't think his football skills will get him a contract. I mean, he could shake off the rust over time, but he doesn't have that touch nor movement for professional level.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see him out there every week... but my honest opinion is that it won't happen.

At a semi-pro club maybe?:D

Things I would love to see FIXED / IMPROVED in FM2019

• MLS no games generated
    In FM2017 was the Swiss League that had no games generated, so all players had 0 games in their history, this time is MLS
  • Sudden loss of mental attributes
    For no apparent reason some players drop they Ambition and Professionalism by 5 or 6 skill points
  • Top Players happy even if they never play
    I see players going to Premier League clubs for more than £30M and they are never used for 4 or 5 seasons, and they are never unhappy, so you can't even buy them
  • Fix in History
    Specially with reserve and B teams, players get an history entry even if they don't play a single official game for that team, often see players with 20 yo with 10 or more lines in his history
  • Improve facegen
    Lots of discussion about this, from the quality of the faces generated to the sudden change of skin colour of all players every time you start your saved game
  • All midfielders look like Xavi and Pirlo
    90% of the players generated are very good in passing and vision, it’s very hard to find midfields with defensive attributes

52 minutes ago, BAD-RELIGION said:

90% of the players generated are very good in passing and vision, it’s very hard to find midfields with defensive attributes

I have noticed there seem to be SO MANY talented young playmaking midfielders generated and considerably fewer defensive midfielders but I wonder if this is the game getting the ratio a bit off or if this is an accurate representation of how much more appealing it is for young players in real life to aspire to be creative stars as opposed to strongmen.

1 hour ago, Weston said:

I have noticed there seem to be SO MANY talented young playmaking midfielders generated and considerably fewer defensive midfielders but I wonder if this is the game getting the ratio a bit off or if this is an accurate representation of how much more appealing it is for young players in real life to aspire to be creative stars as opposed to strongmen.

The recommended position doesn't mean much for young players with low attributes. For some positions, there are more required key attributes so the recommendation veers away from those in favour of positions with fewer key attributes. In the case of DMs, whom I always need but never get directly from my academy, I assess which MCs and DCs look best suited for the role, and train and play them in it.

6 hours ago, BAD-RELIGION said:

Things I would love to see FIXED / IMPROVED in FM2019

• MLS no games generated
    In FM2017 was the Swiss League that had no games generated, so all players had 0 games in their history, this time is MLS
  • Sudden loss of mental attributes
    For no apparent reason some players drop they Ambition and Professionalism by 5 or 6 skill points
  • Top Players happy even if they never play
    I see players going to Premier League clubs for more than £30M and they are never used for 4 or 5 seasons, and they are never unhappy, so you can't even buy them
  • Fix in History
    Specially with reserve and B teams, players get an history entry even if they don't play a single official game for that team, often see players with 20 yo with 10 or more lines in his history
  • Improve facegen
    Lots of discussion about this, from the quality of the faces generated to the sudden change of skin colour of all players every time you start your saved game

Also, about sudden loss of mental attributes, determination is the one too, what drops. I remember I have had regens who have 19-20 determination and it drops to 15-17.

3 hours ago, mrenigma said:

Also, about sudden loss of mental attributes, determination is the one too, what drops. I remember I have had regens who have 19-20 determination and it drops to 15-17.

But that was maybe because you are tutoring them with low determination players.

I'm talking about+23 yo key players, normally happens when I don't want to sell them...

Another thing I noticed is that from FM2017 to FM2018 the attributes dropped a bit.

Its very very rare to see 19s and 20s, top players are often between 16 and 18 on their key attributes.

But maybe this happened because lots of people were complaining that the regens were too good in FM2016 and FM2017

21 hours ago, mrenigma said:

That's not that bad really, think about it when a player gets older he is probably less determined to make an effort / impact then he was in his early career. 

my wishes for fm 19..... for there to be more dynamics in the manager department like rivalries between managers. adds an edge to games. i know we have the current stuff like we can makes comments but i want to see more comparison stats and stuff.

i want to see more stats between clubs like the abilty to do create mini leagues for comparisons like the top 6 how they compare or you can choose the london clubs how do they compare ? not a real league just something that would compare and you can create it however you want including whatever clubs you want.

i would like to see more done with tactics with the opposition using different tactics like long ball. counter. pressing. full on attack etc etc. maybe park the bus which we do see in 18 from time to time 

would love to see the transfer market get better as well, think at the moment players go for too little even the best they go for their value rather than 2 to 3 times if they are world class 

would like other top managers be better tactically ie changing and adapting during the season. 

I really wish that for FM19 National Teams will hire proper managers and not random dudes with not even a trophy as head coach

Experienced silly examples in my different saves in 2020 and 2022, with  Managers in charge of the French national team coming from Ligue 2 and stuff

Completely broken system here

5 minutes ago, nico_france said:

I really wish that for FM19 National Teams will hire proper managers and not random dudes with not even a trophy as head coach

Experienced silly examples in my different saves in 2020 and 2022, with  Managers in charge of the French national team coming from Ligue 2 and stuff

Completely broken system here

Happened to me too when I was offered the Italian national team gig which was wholly undeserved at the time: 

Unfortunately there are more people who buy the game and play casually than die-hards, because for these ones we just want to see good tactics, training, and transfers. Everything else is fireworks. I'd ditch press conferences and 3D modeling in a heartbeat if I could.

16 hours ago, kingjericho said:

Unfortunately there are more people who buy the game and play casually than die-hards, because for these ones we just want to see good tactics, training, and transfers. Everything else is fireworks. I'd ditch press conferences and 3D modeling in a heartbeat if I could.

i dont think this is right. i think there are lotgs of die hards who  want the whole experiance and loads that want the more arcade experiance. the good thing is fm accounts for both 

• SI Staff
On 02/09/2018 at 10:37, mrenigma said:

This can happen in a number of circumstances. For example, a young player wins something big or signs a massive new contract and considers himself to have "made it", thus losing some of the drive that he previously had. The result is attributes as Determination and Ambition falling.

2 hours ago, RomaTheGamer said:

I would love to see a before (when i buy or when the player appears in our youth intake) and after screen profile player, to see how my youngsters grow up. I'm tired to do printscreens  :D

I think I've suggested this in the feature request forum - it would be nice for the game to save the attribute spread of your own players each season for reference so you can cycle through them to analyze their development (or aging).

I would like a Bosman Button. The game is too confusing as to what an 'official offer of the same contract' or whatever the actual rule is.

Just give me a button for a young player who might leave that offers the minimum contract that will qualify me for compensation if the player declines it. Have it show up on the email that shows the expiring contracts, just like the offer contract or trigger extension buttons.

On ‎04‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 13:06, RomaTheGamer said:

I would love to see a before (when i buy or when the player appears in our youth intake) and after screen profile player, to see how my youngsters grow up. I'm tired to do printscreens  :D

this would be great

my new laptop has made it a bit more efficient... all synced with Microsoft so I just have to press the prt scr button and it is saved straight to my one drive. Before I used to use snipping tool and save desktop folders season by season (maybe I was in the dark ages and the previous statement is old news!)

2 hours ago, westy8chimp said:

this would be great

my new laptop has made it a bit more efficient... all synced with Microsoft so I just have to press the prt scr button and it is saved straight to my one drive. Before I used to use snipping tool and save desktop folders season by season (maybe I was in the dark ages and the previous statement is old news!)

This is what I do now, saved a snip to a separate folder and up load here when posting my careers.

3 hours ago, davewhite04 said:

Not getting my money for the first time since 1992. Your recent releases have been appalling, including the *crash every 5mins, but can't get a refund off Nintendo, digital only, disgrace* . 

Si Games is now a bad joke.

"crashes every 5 minutes" should be reported. It's obviously not normal.

19 hours ago, davewhite04 said:

Not getting my money for the first time since 1992. Your recent releases have been appalling, including the *crash every 5mins, but can't get a refund off Nintendo, digital only, disgrace* . 

Si Games is now a bad joke.

Presumably you reported these crashes in the proper way....?

Am 3.9.2018 um 20:48 schrieb Weston:

Happened to me too when I was offered the Italian national team gig which was wholly undeserved at the time: 

That actually is an issue i got offered the Germany manager job when managing Bochum in the 2nd Bundesliga, which was my mkst prestigous club so far. Ok, i worked my wayup from league tier 7 in germany..but still. I trained Bayern Amateurs before and Bochum was my first completely independent professionell club.

Yes, I see loads of managers in National Teams that came from low reputation clubs without any trophy or any relevant achievement

Another thing I would love to see added is the ability to re-schedule fixtures, I really don't understand why this was not implemented before

Edited by BAD-RELIGION

On 08/09/2018 at 18:32, BAD-RELIGION said:

Another thing I would love to see added is the ability to re-schedule fixtures, I really don't understand why this was not implemented before

Bit confused by this one, do managers ever get to just decide a reschedule a game? The game already has games moved if international call ups in Lowe r leagues etc does it not? 

Miles' comment about method of news release yet further evidence of his absolute disconnect with the game's main loyal playerbase. 

I went back to fm17 for a bit, but returning to 18 after that did highlight how much better 18 was. Made it all the more frustrating that it could have been much better than it was with only a handful of superficial design decisions (even outwith of complicated coding like transfers or Me). 

• Administrators
On 10/09/2018 at 15:17, franebarac7 said:

One question.

Can I buy FM2019 via steam and get game for PC and MacOS in one?

Thank you

Yeah once the game is attached to a Steam account post-purchase you can install or run the game across either platform. You would need your save to be moved manually or uploaded to the cloud to access it though. 

On 07/09/2018 at 18:27, decapitated said:

I'm interested that Miles says he's not just excited to reveal details about the game, but by the very manner of revealing it. Will new features be revealed via a 'further adventures of manager man' video perhaps?

Just wondering if the view of the game will be able to be accessed via VR headset?

I know on Twitter Miles ruled out a touchline view (he explained the reasons in detail), but I don't think he ruled out VR? I could be mistaken though.

1 hour ago, forameuss said:

I'd be very disappointed if serious development time was wasted on something as frivolous as that.

Agreed! Much rather see improvements to the UI and the fact it takes so many more clicks to do anything, oh and that God damn scouting mechanic!!

11 hours ago, Per Annum said:

Bit confused by this one, do managers ever get to just decide a reschedule a game? The game already has games moved if international call ups in Lowe r leagues etc does it not? 

Managers propose, don't decide, there is another team to accept it or not, but in FM we don't even have that option

14 hours ago, happy hammer1 said:

new laptop ready for FM 19 - been playing for a hell of a long time, but really excited for this one. Hope I really get into this one. hopefully I do better with West Ham than what is happening in real life!

Can't do much worse, really, can you??