Official Football Manager 2019 Announcement

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 17/09/2018 at 10:49, XaW said:

Yeah, but Miles doesn't say the ME are the same? How can it be, when they have added VAR? Or if there are any tactical changes (I have seen something about throw-inns btw!)? Or anything else really. The only thing that this video tells us, as far as I could see is:

1. New tutorials (nice for new players, maybe some things that have escaped for veterans...?)
2. VAR is included in certain countries/leagues (A nice touch, but not critical for me)
3. No lower leagues to Greece and no Cyprus leagues (Meh...)
4. New animations, improved animations (Nice! Something that actually show what the players are doing instead of spasming is great!)
5. The reasons for the "older" look of the matches is at least partly down to SI wanting to allow players with low specs to play the game. (Sure enough, I guess that a lot of FM'ers aren't the average "gamer"-type).
6. Miles thinks gameplay is more important than graphics (I couldn't agree more! I still play a lot of older games with shoddy graphics!)
7. Miles are against "exclusive"-licences. (I kind of agree, at least to photos and logos and stuff).

So I still wonder where you get your "The same ME as last year ?, that is, the same tactical options, nothing new, this is pathetic :seagull: " from. Please let me know.

I agree with most but would like to add:

1 - If they could add a tutorial for the editor, even better

2 - It could give the option to be added, randomly to other leagues, like in 2022 been added to the Dutch League

3 - Except for English, the majority likes to play their favorite clubs, aka, bigger clubs. And this also makes sense to have an editor to create more leagues. But they could make it easier on the editor (i don't understand the concept to unlock advanced rules for a league)

4 - Every year the add them, and it's fine

5 - I have to agree on this with Miles. Not everyone has 1000 € to buy a gamer laptop and even hard core FMers like to view in 2D so...

6 - Better graphics like stadiums and alike to make them resemble the real ones has the copyright problem. The same with logos. If they could open a stadium editor? Not important, imo.

7 - nothing to add

About the ME. yes, it's the same, what changes in the AI, or not?

On the fence for this.

I mean, I am every year... and I've poured hundreds and hundreds into Fm18, so... ;)

Just wish the loyalty bonus was there, I've got the last games going back to Fm13 on Steam! Ah well.

Call me shallow but I want the match engine look better.... although wingers being effective would be good!

1 hour ago, ZoDiAC_ said:

although wingers being effective would be good!

This is already in the game...

Ktpt1Sa.png

Playing this fellow as a W-A and this is his output. 23 goals in 33 league games is pretty good for a winger.

I know its not viable right now due to licensing but I really hope they can get more licenses in the future, especially from places like Japan, Cyprus and Thailand. Some great databases out there but its just not the same. Getting the German license this year gives me hope!

Just watched the interviews at gamescom with Miles, and its great to see that he actually is taking notice of these forums and using them to add new features and improvements to the game. Hopefully the player animations look better this time round.

1 hour ago, oblongata21 said:

Just watched the interviews at gamescom with Miles, and its great to see that he actually is taking notice of these forums and using them to add new features and improvements to the game. Hopefully the player animations look better this time round

Yeah, he used to be in here and answer some questions and such. He had a cool SI-avatar...

Edited by XaW

1 hour ago, XaW said:

Yeah, he used to be in here and answer some questions and such. He had a cool SI-avatar...

Hope he comes back, although apparently he's gotten some really nasty comments on twitter basically personally attacking him. Can sort of understand why he wouldn't

7 minutes ago, oblongata21 said:

Hope he comes back, although apparently he's gotten some really nasty comments on twitter basically personally attacking him. Can sort of understand why he wouldn't

Go on his twitter around the time of the beta and the full release.  It's tremendous entertainment as people get overly upset when a public figure fires back to their poorly spelled insults.

14 minutes ago, forameuss said:

Go on his twitter around the time of the beta and the full release.  It's tremendous entertainment as people get overly upset when a public figure fires back to their poorly spelled insults.

LMAO!!!! I think i might reactivate my twitter account just for that XD

14 hours ago, ZoDiAC_ said:

although wingers being effective would be good!

This is correctly represented in-game, classic run-down-the-line-and-cross wingers are rare and not that effective in top level football, there's far worse, more unbalanced issues with the match engine.

Languages are generally added when revenue from that country exceeds the cost of annual translations to a satisfactory levels that do not see a reduction in profit.

The issue is that the AI of the game does not make any Adjustment to try to win the games. Even, to give you an example, if it comes out with a 4-2-3-1 and is losing 3-0, it does almost nothing to change the result, it only changes the mentality a bit offensively, rarely makes tactical changes to reverse the situation like putting a 4-4-2 or a 4-3-3. You win 2-0 and the 80th minute arrives and instead of pressing to try to at least tie the game and pass it badly, I am calmly relaxed as the minutes pass.

The game needs a better IA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry for my bad english!!!

2 hours ago, kosecki99 said:
The issue is that the AI of the game does not make any Adjustment to try to win the games. Even, to give you an example, if it comes out with a 4-2-3-1 and is losing 3-0, it does almost nothing to change the result, it only changes the mentality a bit offensively, rarely makes tactical changes to reverse the situation like putting a 4-4-2 or a 4-3-3. You win 2-0 and the 80th minute arrives and instead of pressing to try to at least tie the game and pass it badly, I am calmly relaxed as the minutes pass.

I disagree with this opinion, AI always make tactical changes + especially in Fm18 too many tactical changes in a game just make things worst.. Even a change to your mentality  could be enough to turn things around.

Edited by Sheriff7

4 hours ago, kosecki99 said:

2 hours ago, Sheriff7 said:

I disagree with this opinion, AI always make tactical changes + especially in Fm18 too many tactical changes in a game just make things worst.. Even a change to your mentality  could be enough to turn things around.

Maybe this is just me but I rarely change formation to counter another team, much less mid-game. Generally I want what's best for our system and the players I have available, as opposed to trying to learn a different system my squad isn't prepared for on the fly. (A memorable exception being playing Inter I noticed their front 3 was running rings around my 2 CBs in a back 4, and I couldn't get my CDM to cover adequately via instructions, so I dropped my CDM to be another CB, which more or less nullified their threat.) Typically I just alter mentality, tactics, OI, etc., so I assume this is also true for the opposition, and you're just not noticing, because it's not a formation change.

6 hours ago, kosecki99 said:

Not to try and cause an argument but you're wrong, so very wrong. The AI most definitely does change mentality and formation, I've seen it in every game I watch the AI does change formation I've seen the opposition go from 443 to 433 when losing against me. Maybe you're only watching key highlights or text only I don't know but the AI definitely responds to whats going on in game.

The last game that I won, the AI started with 4-3-3. Mid-way through the second half, they made a double change and went to 4-4-2. Around 10 minutes later, they went back to 4-3-3 and sub'd one of the players off that had just come on. They do try things. I believe it depends on the attributes of the manager.

3 minutes ago, Joey Numbaz said:

I would like to see U23 and U18 games count towards partnerships. Right now, I've have guys play on the U23 team together for a year or two, same positions week in and week out and when they both play for the senior team in the same position, no green lines connecting them on the tactic screen. That doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

You should definitely raise this issue in at least one of either the Bug Forum or the Feature Request Forum.

Miles has just tweet that tomorrow will show the game to a very close group of german journalists. He Also writes that invite us to play and not only to watch videos/screenshots that will be available next week. 

Maybe there will be a revolution? Maybe the famous “end of an era” is going to be deeper than a simply cover/brand revamp?

Edited by Matteo3champions

5 hours ago, Matteo3champions said:

Miles has just tweet that tomorrow will show the game to a very close group of german journalists. He Also writes that invite us to play and not only to watch videos/screenshots that will be available next week. 

Maybe there will be a revolution? Maybe the famous “end of an era” is going to be deeper than a simply cover/brand revamp?

Really hope so.. 

5 hours ago, GOODNAME said:

I think we will get the same graphics to the 3D and the same animations.. such a disappointment, i really wants better animations to players in the 3D 

In the interview video with the journalists he talked about improving the animations so hopefully we will see some sort of improvement. Dont think the graphics need any improvement as a lot of people still play in 2D classic mode. I am hoping the stadiums look better or maybe in the future have a customisation option or stadium builder, and the regens could look a lot less creepy too lol.

This is the kind of survey I'd love to see run amongst FM players -- no less as it would likely include just as curious contradictions (and contain a hobby psychologist's delight). :D If run by SI, they could set it up in such a way that it would give them hints where they could improve their feedback -- or outright scrap some of it. What kind of manager in football listens to the guy on telly yelling "How did he miss!?", for a start?  It also seems surprising the amount of times players haven't grasped how to use the feedback that's there, e.g. the feedback in the team reports. I've personally lost count on how often somebody was arguing he had unbelievably finishing woes, when the data on that page doesn't merely fail to back that up -- it outright contradicted that perception with showing numbers that were well above the competition's averages. Needs to be much more "in your face!", apparently. The data analyst may require a bit of an FM 2019 upgrade, either way.

Edited by Svenc

12 часов назад, GOODNAME сказал:

I think we will get the same graphics to the 3D and the same animations.. such a disappointment, i really wants better animations to players in the 3D 

In the end, I just interest will be Pep Guardiola fired from ManCity in first 6 months as usual in FM17/FM18 :D this is one of detectors about tactic quality

For the first time in a long time, I am actually itching for the new release.  I always get into the game no matter the year, but for the last few years, I have been ok waiting.  For some reason I am not this year.  Bring it on!

Looking forward to see what @Rashididoes this year as I am absolutely loving his Kingstonian save.  Despite being a CM/FM player since 1992, I have learnt so much from his videos on tactics etc.

Tears and snotters on Thursday lunchtime with people's overly lofty expectations being dashed by a few sentences then.

I'm not expecting any kind of revolution.  I'm not really sure where one could come from within the confines of the genre.  There's only so much a game called Football Manager can go.  SI have always been the sort of developer to incrementally build towards things rather than just fire in something revolutionary, so I expect we'll get that.  Which is fine.  I just want a game that's fun to play, anything more is a bonus.

2 hours ago, forameuss said:

Tears and snotters on Thursday lunchtime with people's overly lofty expectations being dashed by a few sentences then.

I'm not expecting any kind of revolution.  I'm not really sure where one could come from within the confines of the genre.  There's only so much a game called Football Manager can go.  SI have always been the sort of developer to incrementally build towards things rather than just fire in something revolutionary, so I expect we'll get that.  Which is fine.  I just want a game that's fun to play, anything more is a bonus.

I think the TC and Training can undergo bigger changes, but actually there isn't all that much room for revolutionary changes, at least, ones that are realistically feasible 

10 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

I think the TC and Training can undergo bigger changes, but actually there isn't all that much room for revolutionary changes, at least, ones that are realistically feasible 

Yeah, there's mini-revolutions within the parts they've got now, but nothing really "new" unless they go in a massively unexpected direction.  

Since SI have made it abundantly clear that they are mindful of their users who play on older spec devices, it is practically impossible to deliver some of the AI and graphical improvements requested in this thread. It simply requires too much grunt.

This doesn't mean that the game can't be great, as previous releases have been superb. My main hope is they reverse the terrible decisions made with the UI and feel of the ME in FM18.  

46 minutes ago, rdbayly said:

Since SI have made it abundantly clear that they are mindful of their users who play on older spec devices, it is practically impossible to deliver some of the AI and graphical improvements requested in this thread. It simply requires too much grunt.

This doesn't mean that the game can't be great, as previous releases have been superb. My main hope is they reverse the terrible decisions made with the UI and feel of the ME in FM18.  

Fair on all points here in my humble opinion. And very much agree with it