Football Manager 2022 – Debuts November 9th

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Nikopol said:

Very nice trailer. If it means that we will see a greater focus on "dynamic storytelling" of one's save, i'd be very happy.

Check out the Stream description

Definitely feels like more focus on the 'journey' this year and I'm absolutely all for it.

7 hours ago, judicious said:

Are there any drawbacks of playing on Game Pass for PC other than not having access to the beta? specifically thinking about adding downloadable graphics etc.

I used Game Pass for FM21 as it's my first year back into the game after a few years off. You don't get the pre-game editor which some people can do without I suppose. Most mods work fine, like data updates or all the graphics files as they're in My Documents. Certain mods won't work as they place files in the normal FM folder, Microsoft encrypt Game Pass folders so it can be tricky to mod anything inside the FM folder.

I'll pre-order this year for a change, messing around in the pre-game editor is something I used to really enjoy.

1 hour ago, albanie. said:

Bit surprised that M1 Macs don't appear to be supported... or am I being silly?

Doubt there is the user base to really justify the full integration with M1/Apple silicon architecture.

It will rely on Rosetta 2 translator and I imagine they'll have tested it. M1 exceeds the minimum spec, so, don't expect to have any issues.

Edited by Harper

• Administrators
1 hour ago, albanie. said:

Bit surprised that M1 Macs don't appear to be supported... or am I being silly?

M1/ARM Macs can run Intel applications through Rosetta 2 emulation and games, just like FM21.

Since we've only listed the minimum specs, M1 Macs are ahead of this and therefore not listed. 

14 hours ago, HHUK said:

I used Game Pass for FM21 as it's my first year back into the game after a few years off. You don't get the pre-game editor which some people can do without I suppose. Most mods work fine, like data updates or all the graphics files as they're in My Documents. Certain patches for fixing team names won't work as they place files in the normal FM folder, Microsoft encrypt Game Pass folders so it can be tricky to mod anything inside the FM folder.

I'll pre-order this year for a change, messing around in the pre-game editor is something I used to really enjoy.

Thanks mate, I'll just preorder it like I usually do in that case.

I'll have it on gamepass but... will preorder anyway as I play mainly on my mac notebook and anyways I know myself and can't wait two extra weeks to have it while reading others about the beta.

I wish the xbox series x version was the full fat one instead of touch version as my series x is way more powerful than my mac and since mouse was enabled past year it was like playing on pc except that it was the simpler version and I miss some of the full fat features.

Will the xbox version be playable in xbox cloud gaming? It would be nice to play it from my mobile from time to time. 

Of course besides killing part of my life playing FM as I have for the last 25 years, I'll also come to the forums to complain about what I don't like, it's part of the tradition :D

• Administrators
1 hour ago, srvngrc said:

Native support for Apple silicon? 

M1 Macs will run the game in a similar fashion to the last FM, but we'll announce via these forums and our social channels if anything related to that changes.