Football Manager 2022 – Debuts November 9th

1 hour ago, DarJ said:

yes but I wouldn't do that because sometimes there are game breaking issues during beta and even when they get fixed they might still have an impact on the save

I will add to this, historically most things have been save compatible. The main exception is things with the database like league rules and transfers. I've usually started in the beta and have carried that save long into the main release without issue. Of course, if you are unlucky and experience an issue with say squad registration rules, then your save might not be as fun. But if any issues are in leagues you don't load or play in, they will not impact the save much if anything at all.

So I'll start my main save on the beta, but with the little knowledge of it being a beta and not an actual release and keep it in mind if I get bugs. Remember, playing the beta means it's normal to expect bugs and/or some missing polish, and not the finished game. :) 

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 26/09/2021 at 23:12, Pezamaria said:

Not expecting any updates on this, but just throwing it out there that a release on Stadia would be amazing. Would open the game up to so many people who can’t afford new laptops/PCs and FM20 for me is flawless!

Agree 100 % !

Playing FM on a 100 % silent Chromebook is soooo nice! Even a 200 EUR will do this on max details and DB, as long as you have OK Internett.  Windows is only for gfx-games and office work.

Currently playing FM2020. Will buy FM again when it is on Stadia. 

• Administrators
On 10/10/2021 at 09:33, jackripper said:

stupid question but if the full version of fm22 is coming out on gamepass for PC why would i pay to pre order it? doesnt make sense to me unless im missing something here.

You can pre-order for Epic, Steam and Windows Store and gain access to the Pre-Release Beta. If you're planning on playing on Game Pass then you'd have to wait for full release on November 9th and play then. 

3 hours ago, spkno said:

Agree 100 % !

Playing FM on a 100 % silent Chromebook is soooo nice! Even a 200 EUR will do this on max details and DB, as long as you have OK Internett.  Windows is only for gfx-games and office work.

Currently playing FM2020. Will buy FM again when it is on Stadia. 

Given Stadia is basically a dead system at this point (even Google have stopped making games for it), I doubt we'll see it return. Using the Microsoft xCloud gaming (https://www.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-game-pass/cloud-gaming) will likely be the only streaming option available.

I think it would be nice to have some form of official help/guide regarding skinning .. an official wiki of some sort.

Guys from the "skinning hideout forums" are amazing, and there are fantastic docs maintained by @michaeltmurrayuk - but working with the game xml files - try and fail until you get it right, it's just horrible.

4 hours ago, BuzzR said:

I think it would be nice to have some form of official help/guide regarding skinning .. an official wiki of some sort.

Guys from the "skinning hideout forums" are amazing, and there are fantastic docs maintained by @michaeltmurrayuk - but working with the game xml files - try and fail until you get it right, it's just horrible.

I am not sure that you will ever get an official guide on how to change the game files- I would say, however, that some of the users in the Skinning Hideout have exceptionable knowledge and skill and I am sure that you will get all the help that you need form them.

On 09/09/2021 at 16:00, Neil Brock said:

Overcome the odds and earn your success in Football Manager 2022, launching Tuesday, 9th November on PC/Mac.

Following an incredibly successful campaign on Xbox last year, Football Manager 2022 Xbox Edition also debuts on 9th November.

For the first time in the history of our series, FM22 and FM22 Xbox will be available with Xbox Game Pass and Xbox Game Pass for PC from launch. More information on FM22 Xbox and what playing on Game Pass means for you is available in our dedicated Game Pass announcement.

New Features and Game Upgrades

Starting with FM22 on PC/Mac, new features and licensing updates will begin to be released from late September onwards across our social media channels. Join the FMFC squad to get feature details and member exclusives direct to your inbox before anyone else.

Game upgrades and a host of exciting additions across all platforms will be also be revealed from early October across our website and social media, so get following to get ahead of the game.

Get Early Access to FM22

Managers pre-purchasing FM22 (Steam/Epic/Windows) before launch from a participating digital retailer* will net a 10% discount and the Early Access version of the game, which is typically available two weeks before the street release date.**

Handheld titles return for the new season

FM22 Mobile (iOS/Android) also steps out onto the pitch on November 9th.

FM22 Mobile should be available for pre-order on the App Store and pre-registration on Google Play from early October.

By pre-ordering FM22 Mobile on iOS, you’ll own the game and be able to play immediately upon release. For Android users, FM22 Mobile pre-registration means you’ll get notified when the game is ready for download.  

Full release details for FM22 Touch, including our return to Nintendo Switch™, are coming soon.

Earn it for the fans

Big dreams realised through craft and skill is what Football Manager is all about. Powered by new, progressive ways to impart your footballing philosophy, it's time to earn the success that the fans of your club have been dreaming of and for you to take place your place amongst the managerial greats.

*Early Access is available from SEGA-approved digital retailers only. Please check to see if the store you’re purchasing from is participating in the offer.

**Please note – The Early Access version of the game may go live at different times on different platforms.

I live in Sweden and for some reason none of the approved Swedish retailers are selling the game.

Will I have the early beta and of course the full game as well regardlessly of what foreign retailer on the list I chose or could there be any negative surprises if I chose a foreign retailer?

Edited by LOZONO1

3 hours ago, LOZONO1 said:

I live in Sweden and for some reason none of the approved Swedish retailers are selling the game.

Will I have the early beta and of course the full game as well regardlessly of what foreign retailer on the list I chose or could there be any negative surprises if I chose a foreign retailer?

Can't you get it even from steam? I know it's going to be more expensive

4 hours ago, LOZONO1 said:

You can get it from anywhere. I think shopto.com is the cheapest one available.

3 hours ago, DarJ said:

Can't you get it even from steam? I know it's going to be more expensive

I can but just like you are mentioning it’s more expensive. Does it matter if I buy it from any foreign site as long as it’s an approved retailer? I will still get the early beta access/everything else even though I live in Sweden?

55 minutes ago, LOZONO1 said:

I can but just like you are mentioning it’s more expensive. Does it matter if I buy it from any foreign site as long as it’s an approved retailer? I will still get the early beta access/everything else even though I live in Sweden?

I have no idea. If no one from SI answers here in a few days you can try tweeting them

On 17/09/2021 at 15:01, Neil Brock said:

Previously injuries in game was around 80% of real life figures - this was partly due to the fact the balance of the types of injuries wasn't as accurate as we'd like and partly due to player feedback. So for instance you'd have close to the right number of injuries, just the balance in how severe they were could mean you'd suffer more long-term injuries, which gave the impressions injuries were too high. 

Now the overall balance is much more in line with real life in terms of the types of injuries seen in game, but we do tend to find people still commonly raise them as a problem (be it too many or too few). Part of the reason why the Medical Centre went in was so people could better manage their players and know when they were being pushed to breaking point.  

Reality is that sometimes you'll do everything right and get unlucky and sometimes get everything wrong and be lucky. It's just about managing it in such a way that it gives you the best possible chance. 

@Mars_Blackmon

1 hour ago, stu9000 said:

Mine says the same

I've just bought the game via shopto and steam and it says coming November 10th

image.png.9dd78be8fd88fd76189ced4771a2c8cd.png

Mine still says 9th

Edit: Just got restart steam message now it says the 10th

Edited by toffee71
new information

50 minutes ago, Vali184 said:

A week ago it changed to 8th November. Weird. I forgot to take a screenshot.

1 hour ago, toffee71 said:

Mine still says 9th

Edit: Just got restart steam message now it says the 10th

I've restarted Steam again and it says 9th again.

In UK and just checked my Steam Library.... which now shows 10 November 2021 (used to be 9th). Restarted Steam and still shows 10th.... Not sure what is going on ......... Has release date in UK really been pushed back to 10th?

6 minutes ago, mhaffy said:

In UK and just checked my Steam Library.... which now shows 10 November 2021 (used to be 9th). Restarted Steam and still shows 10th.... Not sure what is going on ......... Has release date in UK really been pushed back to 10th?

It is weird, just restarted my steam again still saying 9th (UK). Maybe it's do with one of the other platforms, simultaneous release or maybe hinting at a late night release (unlikely), but it is odd.

4 minutes ago, toffee71 said:

It is weird, just restarted my steam again still saying 9th (UK). Maybe it's do with one of the other platforms, simultaneous release or maybe hinting at a late night release (unlikely), but it is odd.

Saw your post so restarted Steam again. Did search for FM22 and that indicated game available 9th November. Then went to my library and clicked on FM22 which has now gone back to 9th November... Something very strange happening in Steam client.......

8 minutes ago, Zemahh said:

Some FM content creators were given early access and here's their videos:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5LfvKAGBLu6GVruLcaFLgpY7F_ltS1qv

DoctorBenjy tweeted that's their "first batch", so I assume more is coming before public beta.

Lol the amount of spam I just got on my YouTube feed about FM 22 first look gave me annoying ad vibes. I hope all the videos aren’t the same.

1 minute ago, autohoratio said:

Set piece menu is the same as last year then. If the bugs/poor behaviours from previous editions when it comes to set pieces aren't fixed that would be incredibly, incredibly disappointing. This is an area of the game that needs vast improvement.

That was to be expected. If they had reworked it, they would've put it among their headline features.

23 minutes ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

Lol the amount of spam I just got on my YouTube feed about FM 22 first look gave me annoying ad vibes. I hope all the videos aren’t the same.

there all different, ive only watched a couple so far  but they are different

11 minutes ago, (sic) said:

That was to be expected. If they had reworked it, they would've put it among their headline features.

Of course, I suppose I was just holding out some blind hope of a change.

The classic "nets doing their best Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm-Flailing Tubeman impression when the ball trickles into the goal" is still in the game too, I see 🤣

image.png.7bdee5bb000893cfc89fde9846154077.png

1 hour ago, autohoratio said:

Set piece menu is the same as last year then. If the bugs/poor behaviours from previous editions when it comes to set pieces aren't fixed that would be incredibly, incredibly disappointing. This is an area of the game that needs vast improvement.

image.png.a25af13d47e1597f1fc23b92cc67220e.png

Making set pieces player dependent rather than position dependent would solve sooo many issues

48 minutes ago, Platinum said:

SI outdid themselves with the data in this game. It looks really really good. Cant believe they didnt show all this in their feature vids/blog/livestream

Looks good! Just hope and pray that annoying things like every set piece that reaches its target being recorded as a key pass/blatant clear cut chances not being registered are all fixed and then it will be worthwhile using. Not to mention how it will handle the difference between fully simmed games and quick simmed. 

On a separate note because I can't remember, is the BETA only available to those who pre-order? And if you do pre-order and don't enjoy the BETA can you cancel? I really need to test these, for me, "game-breaking" issues before I commit to buy. Appreciate that this won't concern 99% of users but big for some.

49 minutes ago, Obaaa said:

Looks good! Just hope and pray that annoying things like every set piece that reaches its target being recorded as a key pass/blatant clear cut chances not being registered are all fixed and then it will be worthwhile using. Not to mention how it will handle the difference between fully simmed games and quick simmed. 

On a separate note because I can't remember, is the BETA only available to those who pre-order? And if you do pre-order and don't enjoy the BETA can you cancel? I really need to test these, for me, "game-breaking" issues before I commit to buy. Appreciate that this won't concern 99% of users but big for some.

Yeah I hope those are fixed too. 

Beta is only available to those who preorder. I dont think you can cancel it at that point but I'm not 100% sure

58 minutes ago, Obaaa said:

Dont think the QME and FME differences will matter if the data hub data is applied to players we scout as how a player performs compared to his league is much more important. If this is the case it will have ni effect on actual scouting etc.

22 minutes ago, Platinum said:

Beta is only available to those who preorder. I dont think you can cancel it at that point but I'm not 100% sure

Ah okay thanks man. I might just have to wait to read some feedback.

12 minutes ago, Platinum said:

Dont think the QME and FME differences will matter if the data hub data is applied to players we scout as how a player performs compared to his league is much more important. If this is the case it will have ni effect on actual scouting etc.

Maybe not, but scouting was massively affected last year for me when looking for creative players, for example. Metrics like key passes, chances created, were pointless because the list was just set-piece takers.

14 minutes ago, Obaaa said:

Ah okay thanks man. I might just have to wait to read some feedback.

Maybe not, but scouting was massively affected last year for me when looking for creative players, for example. Metrics like key passes, chances created, were pointless because the list was just set-piece takers.

Yeah agreed on not being able to know who is creative or not.  They purposely made it like that though (previously it wasnt like that) so hopefully they have changed it as it's not helpful to us users at all.

18 minutes ago, Obaaa said:

Metrics like key passes, chances created, were pointless because the list was just set-piece takers.

Speaking about metrics, one thing I've not seen anyone ask for is possession adjusted stats.

Telling me a player averages 9 tackles per game is useless to be because if you're an attaching team you'll have more if the ball so you will make less tackles. Does that mean that my players are bad because they average only 2? Absolutely not 

13 hours ago, Platinum said:

SI outdid themselves with the data in this game. It looks really really good. Cant believe they didnt show all this in their feature vids/blog/livestream

That was nice video. Only his and workthespace videos are watchable, others dont give nothing. Yes lets watch new animation on very high match speed...

On 19/10/2021 at 07:03, Platinum said:

I liked how you could set up individual data visualisations for players as well as being to setup as many as 18 (I think) visualisations in the main Hub.

I'm going to bet my house on them having not given us the ability to save the setups so we don't have to trudge through the process on every new save........

On 19/10/2021 at 06:49, autohoratio said:

image.png.a25af13d47e1597f1fc23b92cc67220e.png

I'm looking for positives.......all I have is the failure to even tweak this leads me to the conclusion they are working on this for a future release. That's all I have.......😂

4 hours ago, janrzm said:

I'm looking for positives.......all I have is the failure to even tweak this leads me to the conclusion they are working on this for a future release. That's all I have.......😂

If I was a gif person, and I am not so inclined in that way, then I think a James Franco noose fits perfectly. This is SI.

5 hours ago, janrzm said:

As set piece coaches are becoming a bigger thing amongst the top leagues then I would put a good bet that next years fm will have a set piece overhaul.