Football Manager 2021 - Out November 24th

• Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, CM said:

Didn't know where to ask this. Not a tech-savvy one here, will it work on MacBook pro 2016? My graphics are Intel Iris Graphics 550 1536 MB but couldn't see anything matching this on Steam website. 

There's a tab that you need to click on steam website just under system requirement. Click on Mac OS X option. :)

6 minutes ago, SazoJohnno said:

There's a tab that you need to click on steam website just under system requirement. Click on Mac OS X option. :)

Yes, I see that one but there says Intel GMA Nvidia Geforce 9600 M GT or AMD/ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650 - 256 MB or something. Don't understand anything from this to be honest.

FM 20 was the same, just saw that. I suppose there shouldn't be any problems.

Edited by CM

Given that this is normally the time of year that feature reveals drop (I think), and the game is only 2-3 weeks later than usual (amazing work considering everything guys), does that mean we’re only 2-3 weeks away from feature reveals?

Hoping so...

Just now, Dagenham_Dave said:

Not expecting there to be too many new features this year, and no-one else should either given the circumstances. 

Pre-ordered anyway, because I always do. Spend more hours on FM than I do on the missus :lol:

No I thought that. But there was a post by Neil or someone about them changing the feature set.

As with every year, I struggle to think of what they can really add that will be game changing anyway

1 час назад, Neil Brock сказал:

Football Manager also returns to Xbox for the first time since 2007 with Football Manager 2021 Xbox Edition.

Neil, any chance to see PlayStation version in a future?

Football Manager also returns to Xbox for the first time since 2007 with Football Manager 2021 Xbox Edition. The game has been tailored for the best console experience and can also be played on any Windows 10 PC thanks to Microsoft’s Play Anywhere technology. 

Brilliant news! 

The big question for me is, will I be able to start an online save with friends on the Xbox and carry on playing via my Windows 10 PC (still online with my friends of course) ? 

Or is this single player only?

Edited by keeper tom

Whilst I wish SI every success, I skipped 2020 . Underwhelmed by the announcement. I suppose it's going to be the drip feed process of what's changed. Maybe it's me getting to old but a firm announcement and what is new would be welcome, otherwise I will just turn off.

Didn't expect this for a little while longer so a nice surprise. :) 

Fingers crossed the match engine is a vast improvement on the last few games, particularly 2020 where it as a gamebreaker for me personally. I won't pre-purchase yet like I normally do, I'll wait until early access and see what the consensus is.

Great work to get it out only a few weeks later than normal given the circumstances and as one of the many people working from home permanently, I know how hard this has likely been for SI and the amount hard work that has gone into to getting a game released in good time.

(I will have have my brand new gaming PC by then too)

Edited by Robioto

I'd promised myself that FM21 would be the first version I waited until the final update to buy, moving my cycle to around March. I love everything about the game outside of the ME and the tactical module.

That said, with everything that's happened since I'm going to push that decision back to FM22, right now I want to support the game and the effort that's gone into delivering a product under very difficult circumstances.

And, the 24th of Nov is my actual birthday, its a sign......:lol:

Good work to get the release out at a pretty normal release time for FM. Kudos to that. 

Bit too early for a preorder though. Whilst I am sure I will end up owning the game, I will wait to see how the ME has improved. While the ME in FM20 was functional, it was simply not enjoyable nor did it give a realistic representation of football. Sure, the numbers were probably about right, but the actual football was just not good. This is not an invitation to start another endless discussion on this and derail the thread, just some personal views. 

I think expectation is going to be interesting this year. The game is retailing at full price, so I expect a full evolution of the features if I am to buy it. This has never been an issue for me, by the way, every year SI add to and improve areas of the game to the point it is always hard to go back to play an older version. That is a sign of a good yearly release to me. However with lockdown, I am curious to see if the changes and new features do indeed justify the full pricing of the game. Just to be clear, I absolutely understand the pricing, and it is always a personal choice whether you buy something and not an indictment of the company. So I do not want to start a discussion on that either (so do not try or I will just remove the comment).

My main hope is that the fixed the bugs in the editor that broke my planned realistic France update so I can actually make that work and release it. 

I want to finish with congratulations to SI for delivering in these difficult times. 

As always (since its debut), pre-order was completed. To be honest, I'd expect the release date to be a couple of weeks later than what it's, so very happy, congratulations SI! Now, eagerly waiting for the new features & improvements! And, yes, I love the default skins of last years, purple is great! :)