Football Manager 2021 - Out November 24th

21 minutes ago, karanhsingh said:

I don't think there is anything wrong. I run a music festival and we always release early bird tickets after just announcing a date & venue - nothing else not a single artist on the bill. That all comes later. The first set of tickets is essentially supposed to be the loyalists for whom positive past experiences are enough reasons for a purchase. It is absolutely normal business practice. 

What makes sense is to reward the super early buyers somehow - through discounts, or special benefits, etc.

Music festivals can sell out.

SI will never realistically run out of games. 

• Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I will say my thoughts. Mostly i dont necessary need new things because this game have everything you need but ME is a big problem and in my opinion 2020 was not playable and realistic thats why i didnt bought 2020. Now i will wait and see what other peoples say about 2021 ME and then decide. Hope will be a good one.

Disappointed no new features have been announced yet. Won’t draw any conclusions from that regarding how good/bad the features may be, other than to say I find it annoying and am hoping for some news soon.

Not really a fan of marketing executives or sales tactics, I have no respect for that sort of thing. I much prefer and appreciate straight up info and honesty and being kept regularly informed throughout the process, but that’s just my view.

In all honesty, this type of behaviour by SI would actually incentivise me to wait longer to purchase the game and pick it up at a bigger discount, perhaps a year from now.

But anyway, hopefully we get good news on the match engine and much more realistic, modern and complex football tactics being available in the game going forward, particularly defensively, which looks incredibly unrealistic and outdated at present - giving the appearance of being overlooked and neglected (whether intentional or not).

So feeling as though SI needs to do a lot here to win back my faded trust and confidence in them.

23 minutes ago, Juego de Posicion said:

Disappointed no new features have been announced yet. Won’t draw any conclusions from that regarding how good/bad the features may be, other than to say I find it annoying and am hoping for some news soon.

Not really a fan of marketing executives or sales tactics, I have no respect for that sort of thing. I much prefer and appreciate straight up info and honesty and being kept regularly informed throughout the process, but that’s just my view.

In all honesty, this type of behaviour by SI would actually incentivise me to wait longer to purchase the game and pick it up at a bigger discount, perhaps a year from now.

But anyway, hopefully we get good news on the match engine and much more realistic, modern and complex football tactics being available in the game going forward, particularly defensively, which looks incredibly unrealistic and outdated at present - giving the appearance of being overlooked and neglected (whether intentional or not).

So feeling as though SI needs to do a lot here to win back my faded trust and confidence in them.

Looks like press conferences and player interactions have had a long overdue overhaul and there's some new stats going on as well (Hello xGs!) For a first tease, there seems to be plenty to mull over. Can't wait to see more.

4 minutes ago, bobbyb12345 said:

xG is going to be a disaster unless the match engine catches up (either that or they could just make it up, I suppose)

Xg would be presumably calculated to the match engine. There's not a set model as such, which is why you get variances in different xG models in real life. Less about the match engine, and more about how good their model is, and we'll have to wait and see for that

is this a joke? I already pre-ordered the game, but seriously a video of 2 mins at 300 mph (where if we want to see something we have to pause a thousand times) is a way to present a product at this time of year? Do you really think that showing a game in this way is having respect for your customers / followers? I ask that someone please tell me what characteristics they could observe without having to pause the video and that it does not have false animations like the advertisements of mobile games (yes of course lords mobile, that will be the game)

2 minutes ago, Stratovarius FC said:

is this a joke? I already pre-ordered the game, but seriously a video of 2 mins at 300 mph (where if we want to see something we have to pause a thousand times) is a way to present a product at this time of year? Do you really think that showing a game in this way is having respect for your customers / followers? I ask that someone please tell me what characteristics they could observe without having to pause the video and that it does not have false animations like the advertisements of mobile games (yes of course lords mobile, that will be the game)

I imagine more details will be released relatively shortly.

2 minutes ago, sedge11 said:

So if you didn’t buy fm20 how can you say it was unplayable.

You know the game was free to play for one month on Steam and then they gave it away on epic games store, right?

Edited by orlyzao

12 minutes ago, Fosse said:

Body language is an interesting one, hopefully it doesn’t feel like a meaningless obligation in the same vein as press conferences 

As long as I can give Klopp hugs to players doing well, and look like I'm going to murder them if they play badly, I'll be happy :lol:

The body language is a nice addition. As is xG.

Saw a clip of a press conference where you get to choose your journalists / questions? Might make me turn up for them for once.

Hopefully we get more in depth definitions soon and not just Miles tweeting random 'features' for the next month.

Also saw how "Setting up Game Database" loaded really fast at the start? Hope this means faster starts...

Edited by ChelseaFan

7 minutes ago, orlyzao said:

You know the game was free to play for one month on Steam and then they gave it away on epic games store, right?

Yea, but the way he says it doesn’t suggest that.

Saying that’s why he didn’t buy it, would suggest he hasn’t had it at all. If he’s played it for free then fair enough, but still wasn’t unplayable.

Edited by sedge11

Obviously I know that this is an advance, but it is incredible that with a month to go before the release of the beta and reading them the expectations we have about the game in difficult moments of closure, it seems that clients like me who buy the game for more than 2 decades we have to tolerate a marketing genius saying: - put on these idiots one minute videos with makeup to raise expectations ... And these people, far from respecting us, love these marketing rules and put them into practice.

hace 11 minutos, Celts1888 dijo:

It's called a teaser, chill, there will be more info released in the coming weeks.

11 minutes ago, ChelseaFan said:

Also saw how "Setting up Game Database" loaded really fast at the start? Hope this means faster starts...

Well, I'd noticed in the system requirements on Steam that they now require multi-core processors, no more Pentium 4 support or the like. I'm wondering if that means they're moving to more effective use of multi-core processing for the game, which would be awesome if so.

4 minutes ago, ChrisBuxton said:

Does anyone know when system requirements are typically announced?

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1263850/Football_Manager_2021/ - already announced with the Steam/Epic store pages.

bfwEy9i.png

Looks promising, player interactions were long overdue a re-work, but it appears that the Tactics Creator work they hinted at about a year ago got pushed back for FM22.

By no means I am disappointed, my expectations for this edition have been toned down, SI is not the only game studio whose development work was disrupted by covid.

To be honest, the only reason I'm bummed about FM21 is that just about every single one of my go-to wonderkids has moved this window :seagull:

Edited by SD

• Administrators
24 minutes ago, andu1 said:

Hmm.. I am a bit concerned about this screenshot. Highest win a 3-0 and highest scoring game a 3-2 ? A bit low if you ask me. Bundesliga is one of the highest scoring leagues in top football.

image.thumb.png.57d6552cf92bff5dfeba5437d1ca0ca4.png

FYI that's just for Hoffenheim's season. Not the entire league.  

Just now, srvngrc said:

Actually i want to see some big improvements with ME and AI. Cosmetic changes don't make the game better. 

What about defensive movement or passing decisions? What about 1v1s? AI tactics and transfers? 

I'm sure more will be revealed soon. That was just a teaser.  :thup:

Literally just waiting to see what’s been done with the engine beyond ‘AI improvements’ and ‘more animations’. I know it’s unlikely we’re getting a brand new engine but things such as collision detection and overhauls of movement are what will really help to move things forward.

Nice to see things like xG but can’t help but think they’ll be hollow if we don’t get a less predictable and more reflecting of real football ME. Much easier said than done, I know :)

Very disappointed to see more player interaction/fluff. We already know how much a bad or good team talk can affect moral and therefore affect match results. Now it seems you have to manage your body language, 'You opened your arms widely towards the player'. Really? 

So,as xG is added to the game, and with the comment made by Miles in his personal twitter saying that this xG system takes defensive positioning into account, maybe, JUST MAYBE, SI may have tweaked the ME a little harder this year and also curious because Miles already said it that he didn't wanted xG in the game, so a little hope that hings are changing?

The part of the video about the tactics, just seem to be a overhaul in the pre-match meeting, so for now I am incredible disappointed with this new FM, I hope that in the next weeks they reveal some features that actually put more flavour in the game, or that the ones they are adding actually will be good things in the long run.

Decent opening teaser, suspect much more to come as there wasn’t much groundbreaking, looked like Leicester City are licensed (maybe the PL?), more media additions, font changes too which is good and overdue, few much needed cosmetic touches too and Xg included too.

Edited by stevemc