Football Manager 2016 - Official Beta Feedback

Hi guys, after playing a week here my feedback on the beta:

- When starting the season in July 2015 I saw that the European Qualifying matches are not actual. For instance in group A the match Czech - Netherlands ended in 2-1. In FM this was not the case. Can this be updated, so when starting the season the qualification standings are reflecting the real life situation?

- the color coding is horrible. in many instances there are way too many coloured blocks in the screen. Im assuming everything was made to create better guidance, but it now turned out to be a bit of a circus. Hopefully some more 'peace' on the screen can be created towards the real version.

- On the training screen: when selecting a position/role for a player to train on i can't see which attributes he is then actually going to train. In FM15 this was highlighted, but in FM16 its gone. Please bring this back!

So far my first observations. Great stuff with the other updates :)

No, This is due to licensing rules

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • SI Staff
Hi guys, after playing a week here my feedback on the beta:

- When starting the season in July 2015 I saw that the European Qualifying matches are not actual. For instance in group A the match Czech - Netherlands ended in 2-1. In FM this was not the case. Can this be updated, so when starting the season the qualification standings are reflecting the real life situation?

- the color coding is horrible. in many instances there are way too many coloured blocks in the screen. Im assuming everything was made to create better guidance, but it now turned out to be a bit of a circus. Hopefully some more 'peace' on the screen can be created towards the real version.

- On the training screen: when selecting a position/role for a player to train on i can't see which attributes he is then actually going to train. In FM15 this was highlighted, but in FM16 its gone. Please bring this back!

So far my first observations. Great stuff with the other updates :)

Hey stevenvdijk,

On point one - This is due to licensing. Unfortunately we are unable to have the real results or standings in game. As such, the matches are simulated.

On point three - This is something we are aware of and reviewing.

Cheers,

Seb.

Any one have any advice on scouting? Im in the irish prem with european scouting range but my scouts never return with any reports no matter what parameters i set for them

Probably because not very many will be realistic transfers for your club.

Is there any way not to make a 3d manager when we start.

To me its just a waste of time, not to mention looks horrid.

Well once you've made a profile you can keep on using it including the appearance you've set up.

So I don't think 2 or 3 additional clicks when starting a new game will kill you.

What's the score with the update?

I hear some reports of slower processing speed?

I think they may have narrowed it down to attribute masking. If you have it switched on, then the game is fine, if not, then there's certain delays in processing some of the screens. This would make sense as I run an FM Classic save alongside my main one, and I've not had a single issue with that since the update, and of course there's no attribute masking in that particular game mode.

I think they may have narrowed it down to attribute masking. If you have it switched on, then the game is fine, if not, then there's certain delays in processing some of the screens. This would make sense as I run an FM Classic save alongside my main one, and I've not had a single issue with that since the update, and of course there's no attribute masking in that particular game mode.

Oh cool.

Always use it. Always will.

• SI Staff
In FM15 when i hit fiances at the bottom near the right it would say -500k or +1.22 million projections for the season type thing was wondering where is that in fm16?

Hey Fmfan00,

There is a whole 'Projection' tab now, that'll be what you're looking for.

Cheers,

Seb.

I'm having a lot more injuries than FM15.

However, i think they're in line with real life injury stats. looks like you need to manage your recruitment & squad better this year.

I'll be even more wary of injury prone players this year.

I think injuries are better this year, I have two observations on them:

1) Numbers seem inline with real life

2) The injuries don't seem to destroy a players stats as badly. Last year if my player got a 4 month injury I would basically write them off as their stats would often decrease dramatically. The bad injuries I've had so far have led to smaller attribute drops which is great.

I think injuries are better this year, I have two observations on them:

1) Numbers seem inline with real life

2) The injuries don't seem to destroy a players stats as badly. Last year if my player got a 4 month injury I would basically write them off as their stats would often decrease dramatically. The bad injuries I've had so far have led to smaller attribute drops which is great.

I had a very interesting thing happening with Eduardo Salvio at Benfica. He is out with ACL injury at the start of the game. When he came back he still looked ace, but after almost every game I got a news item saying he in the previous game suffered from the ACL injury and he needed 3-7 days to recover. No biggie, but this didn't seem to go away and I noticed that his pace and acceleration started going down. He constantly had trouble after games.

Because of this, in August 2016, I sold him to Lazio for £25 M. In February 2017, six months after I sold him, his acceleration and pace have gone down to 7! He is still valued at £27.5M and is a regular for Lazio and aged 26.

As you can see below, his other technical and mental attributes have gone up because he looks absolutely fantastic apart from his acceleration and pace attributes. I am worried that he will be down to 1 in pace come summer! You can also see that he still suffers from recurring short-term 'damaged cruciate ligaments' injuries.

I have read on these forums that acceleration and pace eats up a lot of the CA of the player, this is why Ronaldo and Bale have lower acceleration and players like Aubemayang and Ahmed Musa have relatively poor technical stats. So, it means that FM16 possibly compensates for the loss of acceleration and pace of Salvio by increasing his other attributes since he is still in his prime playing regularly at a top club.

6UDcuDV.png

gvvh7yn.png

• SI Staff
Do you have any advice on how i can find players so because i have about 4 scouting reports from 3 scouts over the course of a full season

If you start a thread in the Transfers, Contracts and Scouting forum we will be able to help you out - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/516-Transfers-Contracts-and-Scouting-Issues

When starting a thread if you could also upload a save game then that would be helpful as we can then look into any problems with the assignments you have created.

Cheers,

Ben

• SI Staff
I had a very interesting thing happening with Eduardo Salvio at Benfica. He is out with ACL injury at the start of the game. When he came back he still looked ace, but after almost every game I got a news item saying he in the previous game suffered from the ACL injury and he needed 3-7 days to recover. No biggie, but this didn't seem to go away and I noticed that his pace and acceleration started going down. He constantly had trouble after games.

Because of this, in August 2016, I sold him to Lazio for £25 M. In February 2017, six months after I sold him, his acceleration and pace have gone down to 7! He is still valued at £27.5M and is a regular for Lazio and aged 26.

As you can see below, his other technical and mental attributes have gone up because he looks absolutely fantastic apart from his acceleration and pace attributes. I am worried that he will be down to 1 in pace come summer! You can also see that he still suffers from recurring short-term 'damaged cruciate ligaments' injuries.

I have read on these forums that acceleration and pace eats up a lot of the CA of the player, this is why Ronaldo and Bale have lower acceleration and players like Aubemayang and Ahmed Musa have relatively poor technical stats. So, it means that FM16 possibly compensates for the loss of acceleration and pace of Salvio by increasing his other attributes since he is still in his prime playing regularly at a top club.

6UDcuDV.png

gvvh7yn.png

Hey iolodavanki,

Have a read of this - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/439190-Instant-injury - it discusses what you are seeing here with Salvio.

To summarise, this is caused by the fact he had a new injury type set. It is affectionately named the "Ledley King injury". Practically speaking, it prevents him from training following a match/playing more than one game per week.

However, it would appear that Eduardo Salvio was not intended to have this injury type. As such it will be looked at from the DB side before full release.

Please do read the link above, it should help explain further.

Cheers,

Seb.

Reason for injuries seems to have changed.

I never got training injuries in FM15 (Unless I did high+ training or fitness training at the wrong time), but now it is much more common.

FC Twente starts without physios, this might have lead to 10+ training injuries I got in pre-season. Really hard to deal with, since it takes a while to hire staff.

Secondly I prefair before match rest, since it handles players returning from international games, so they have a better chance of being ready when they return, but with the changes in FM16 this might be a problem as players play a match and have low condition when they go into training?

International breaks could really use a pre/post setting for resting the players, pre because that means they are more rested for the int games and post because it is needed to rest them for our own games.

Edit: The possible need to be rested to train issue is a really big deal, since if you flag a player to play on the other sub teams, they won't be rested for training.

Reason for injuries seems to have changed.

I never got training injuries in FM15 (Unless I did high+ training or fitness training at the wrong time), but now it is much more common.

FC Twente starts without physios, this might have lead to 10+ training injuries I got in pre-season. Really hard to deal with, since it takes a while to hire staff.

Secondly I prefair before match rest, since it handles players returning from international games, so they have a better chance of being ready when they return, but with the changes in FM16 this might be a problem as players play a match and have low condition when they go into training?

International breaks could really use a pre/post setting for resting the players, pre because that means they are more rested for the int games and post because it is needed to rest them for our own games.

I seem to recall that all physios do is diagnose rather than treat (The better the physio the more accurate the diagnosis and nothing more) So that would have had no effect

Yes, just got into October first season and DeGea suddenly started doing this. "Fetching" isn't the word you were looking for!

October?

then maybe he's doing it to combat the 5C weather?

what were the conditions of the match

might be something incorporated for snow-y/cold days

Goals galore in my SPFL save as Celtic with Ciftci notching 16 in 8 games and the team averaging 3 per game

Partick Thistle appear to be overachieving particularly on their travels beating my Celtic side 4-1 away from home and then beating Hearts 7-1 away from home also!!!

Goals galore in my SPFL save as Celtic with Ciftci notching 16 in 8 games and the team averaging 3 per game

Partick Thistle appear to be overachieving particularly on their travels beating my Celtic side 4-1 away from home and then beating Hearts 7-1 away from home also!!!

#oneteaminglasgow

October?

then maybe he's doing it to combat the 5C weather?

what were the conditions of the match

might be something incorporated for snow-y/cold days

Well, October in Manchester isn't exactly the Bahamas but it wasn't that bad, maybe a bit of drizzle. By the by, I noticed in FM15 that Phil Jones would often wear gloves through the winter. He went down in my estimation after that - I'm of the old school that thinks defenders should wear short-sleeved shirts all winter long!

Is it possible, for the first time ever, that the beta match engine could roll straight over to full release without any changes?

I think the balance is excellent as it is and it would be a shame if a few well intentioned tweaks took it a step backwards at release.

If it ain't broke etc, etc .........

I agree , the match engine is really nearly perfect, just a few issues with fullbacks getting a too high average rating and with long passes being too accurate but I'd say the match engine is in its best state this early in the release , like never before.

I keep seeing goalies going for a wander, leaving an open goal.

Maybe 5/6 times, between the AI and me, the goalie takes a wander and leaves a tap in.

Please post in the bugs forum and provide pkm's with examples, ta.

For now I can say that the game is very nice. Congratulations.

But there are always a few points which, in my opinion, should be improved. Known that the games are action packed, really high numbers compared to actual standards. Matches that end with 40 shootings at 25, half of them sometimes in the mirror on the door. It is certainly exciting to see a game like that, but it seems excessive when compared with reality.

A couple of things I am seeing:

1 - several goals being conceded by tackles by my players giving the ball to their player 2 yards out - okay in last ditch tackles i.e. 4 yards out or deflections etc but maybe tone down the ones from the edge of the box being the perfect through ball for them?

2 - Players wanting to leave - this is fine I get the slightly annoying but probably realistic difficulty of keeping players happy. One thing that would help here IMO would be an option to say you're free to find a new club i.e. put the onus on them/their agent to get offers? Seems like at the moment the onus is on the manager to sort everything out for the player when I am sure no manager really does that (or even gives it to the DOF) unless a player is a real disruptive force? Just a thought

That alone should warrant an urgent hotfix!!

;)

No freezes now with new update. Cool.

And regarding substitution suggestions, they are ok, but they only show me that I can change DC for DC, or etc. I thought it would show me who can I put when I got nobody who is natural/accomplished in that position, ie. when I don't have any more fullbacks on bench, and my DR gets injured. It would be good to show which sub is most competent to play that position. Not just DC for DC, as I said.

A couple of things I am seeing:

1 - several goals being conceded by tackles by my players giving the ball to their player 2 yards out - okay in last ditch tackles i.e. 4 yards out or deflections etc but maybe tone down the ones from the edge of the box being the perfect through ball for them?

2 - Players wanting to leave - this is fine I get the slightly annoying but probably realistic difficulty of keeping players happy. One thing that would help here IMO would be an option to say you're free to find a new club i.e. put the onus on them/their agent to get offers? Seems like at the moment the onus is on the manager to sort everything out for the player when I am sure no manager really does that (or even gives it to the DOF) unless a player is a real disruptive force? Just a thought

I'm sick of this too, especially when the game itself has no idea who the players are and what status in the squad they are. I've had my captain and longest serving player (10 years) both having just signed contract extensions in the summer not happy that I knocked back bids from Hamilton, I play as Hibernian. Gets annoying that I have to answer their question with the exact answer or they go in the huff, hence why I buy the in game editor, one click and suddenly unhappiness is gone.

No freezes now with new update. Cool.

And regarding substitution suggestions, they are ok, but they only show me that I can change DC for DC, or etc. I thought it would show me who can I put when I got nobody who is natural/accomplished in that position, ie. when I don't have any more fullbacks on bench, and my DR gets injured. It would be good to show which sub is most competent to play that position. Not just DC for DC, as I said.

In tactics if you drag the sub from the bench and hover over the pitch to the right the squares will highlight where he can play and give an indication as to how well. So green is OK and brown is not OK and different shades of green will show how well he could do in that position.

This is based on position only and not role, so dragging a winger who can also play central midfield into a BWM slot will be green, but he'd be awful at that role.

Out of interest, anybody managing the more exotic leagues so far? How are the refs doing? Pointed this out a couple weeks before and posted it where it technically belongs with no replies, which is research, but largely due to research, the performances of some of then just haven't been anywhere near realistic, as the majority of attributes given to the refs don't lend themselves to realistic performances. http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/433891-Referee-research

Going more exotic, I found that entire leagues could be seriously affected, like Australia's A-league, where most of the refs seem to be randomized, and you could end up with something like this managing there on full match details [FM 2015]: http://i.imgur.com/cIMqIwY.jpg . That's just comical if you compare it to actual performances. http://www.ultimatealeague.com/records.php?type=ref&show=2013-14 Whilst the standard of refereeing is not the same all throughout the world, this is just completely out there, with like every ref not even averaging a booking per game. In Italy, the same players and tactics would have resulted in much more bookings and send-offs. Balance has been all over the place. It's also been nothing like football, sometimes in individual cases, sometimes for entire leagues (depends on the random factor for randomized refs too). In the first case this would have evened out in the average soak tests, as for every ref that doesn't award a thing there might be another who's really fond of yellows and reds, in the latter though not so much, as in the A-League from above.

[if the refs aren't top research priority this would be understandable and wouldn't be as serious if like half the discipline ratings the research can award either makes the refs in the game either trigger happy or barely bothering]

In my opinion the best beta release :)

A couple of things I've noticed are missing. Firstly the ''Key Passes" column in team stats in matches and secondly being able to search by ''Handling'' attribute for goalkeepers in player search.

Just finished first season.

Bournemouth stayed up with only 28 points.

39 points which can often get you relegated was good enough for 13th.

If this pattern is repeated by other users might it suggest the top teams are relatively too strong and the lesser teams relatively too weak?

P.S. Look at Stoke :lol:

wTpIvFC.jpg

IRL Newcastle finished 15th with 39 pts last season. The year before, Sunderland finished 14th with 38. 40pts has rarely been the actual cut off for relegation. It's a bit of a football cliché.

Yes

I posted about this a couple of days ago, didn't get 1 response.

Its defo depleting quicker than other versions of the game.

Would like to know if intentional or an oversight.

Its quicker , but i think its more realistic , in the old games I could play high intensity pressing and my players would not really be low on fitness.

I hope it stays that way.

11 points. 32 matches without a win. 1 victory all season. Finished 24 points behind 19th placed Birmingham City. Kenny Miller their leading scorer with 6 in all comps. -69 GD.

It was their tactics :D (Supporter of the team they took 4 points off in a season where they only got 11 :p )

Great so far is my feedback i think the tactical side for the human user is spot on and the AI is ok but lacks the reactive approach something i hope future versions have.

The feel of the game is very good i have not looked at 3d because 2d for me is good for the tactical manager full view.

Not sure how you will go about sorting the AI managers and there dynamics i guess thats the hard one but the game is very good still just if you play the game above the average view and more in-depth you pick up little AI traits.

But they do use there strengths i just feel they tend not to track mine as diligently.

Overall a great game neither mind beta

Are there anyone else playing with all leagues loaded and as playable?

If so, do you notice that the save-file is fairly big just after a short time?

I'm in August 2017 now and the file is already at 315MB.

The size is increasing with around 100MB per season/year.

On an average the file size increased about 22MB per season/year on FM15.

Don't know the actual number as i didn't take real-time notice of it on FM15.

But i played around 45-50 seasons in FM15 and the file ended up being on 1GB.

I can imagine this might become a problem.

If i play as much of FM16 as i played FM15 the save file will be around 4-5GB.

That would be an extremely large file.

Archived