Football Manager 2016 - Official Beta Feedback

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unsure if this has been reported on or not but after finishing my first season I had a team meeting pop up, might of been about the start of the season I can't really remember but the problem was I wasn't able to finish it after choosing one option something like "we all did great last season, lets see what we can do this season" I had to go on holiday to get past it.

Wasnt in windowed mode or small screen res, same as last year it's fine so can't be that.

Just finished first season.

Bournemouth stayed up with only 28 points.

39 points which can often get you relegated was good enough for 13th.

If this pattern is repeated by other users might it suggest the top teams are relatively too strong and the lesser teams relatively too weak?

P.S. Look at Stoke :lol:

There's a very good chance those points (if not necessarily all the teams) will be closely replicated this season. Bournemouth could very well stay up with 28 points, or even less. The teams at the bottom end of this year's PL are particularly brutal, including the one in red and white stripes that I unfortunately have a season ticket for, for the first time!

When you are on a player's profile screen the different boxes have drop down arrows letting you change what is shown in that part of the screen.

Not all sections show have all options available. I've chosen to show the polygon where the biography is by default (by clicking on that little arrow to top right of biography) and move biography elsewhere on screen

That's too low, I think real life is 80%+. If possible, could you upload your save to the bugs forum please?

Thanks for your reply mate. As I said it's a small sample size at the moment so don't feel it would be a fair reflection - also could just be my penalty takers. Could easily just be a bad run as I'm not far into the save yet so keen to let it go for longer to make a proper judgement!

When you are on a player's profile screen the different boxes have drop down arrows letting you change what is shown in that part of the screen.

Not all sections show have all options available. I've chosen to show the polygon where the biography is by default (by clicking on that little arrow to top right of biography) and move biography elsewhere on screen

I really can't find the polygon... there are a lot of thinks but not the polygon..

I really can't find the polygon... there are a lot of thinks but not the polygon..

What resolution are you playing on?

I think maybe the resolution affects how many boxes you have which can be problematic as the polygon can only go in some box.

In my screen I can only put the polygon in the 4 boxes on the top row, not anywhere else. It is called "Attribute Analysis"

The box it was in showed the biography by default - I've also changed some at the bottom - eg. moving career stats higher up

img-see below

What resolution are you playing on?

I think maybe the resolution affects how many boxes you have which can be problematic as the polygon can only go in some box.

In my screen I can only put the polygon in the 4 boxes on the top row, not anywhere else. It is called "Attribute Analysis"

The box it was in showed the biography by default - I've also changed some at the bottom - eg. moving career stats higher up

BaLt5i4.png

my laptop resolution is 1366*768

so thats too low right?

Thanks for the response. I did have a look at the minimum specs, and understand that as the official word as I'm aware XP is not supported at all anymore by Windows... BUT has anyone had any luck running it? Bought ICC15 from Steam that was Win7 and that ran somehow....

Just wondering if anyone is/was in the same situation as me..

Yes, it does work. Tried it on my old netbook but I still suggest you to try the demo 1st just in case it doesn't work for you.

Just finished first season.

Bournemouth stayed up with only 28 points.

39 points which can often get you relegated was good enough for 13th.

If this pattern is repeated by other users might it suggest the top teams are relatively too strong and the lesser teams relatively too weak?

P.S. Look at Stoke :lol:

wTpIvFC.jpg

The way Villa and Sunderland are currently going this season who knows!!

I play in that res on my laptop, a couple of screens are a bit jumbled/have to use the scrolling bars, but its completely playable.

I think hubx meant too low to include boxes allowing you to show the polygon. Can you confirm if at that res you can edit boxes to show the polygon as per the image hubx quoted further up

So the patch made performance significantly worse for me

i5 2500k @ 4.4Ghx

7970GE Edition

2-5 seconds everytime ou click on something , long pauses when moving the game forward or entering a match etc. The game was lightning fast pre patch.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/439545-Micro-freezes-and-slower-processing-after-patch?p=10547756#post10547756

Bought the game. Hate the blurring effect. Apart from that its all great. Loving the match engine, like watching match of the day! Yes there are a few bugs but its a beta version so its expected. Each of the issues that I have noticed have already been reported so fingers crossed they get looked into. Thanks SI!

I'm also being asked if I will rest players for the upcoming FA cup semi-final, when I'm neck and neck with 2 other terms in the prem title race.

Not sure if bug but don't have save from any time remotely soon before that press conference any - I wonder if the fact I'm not predicted to be anywhere near the prem title is what is confusing it.

So far I really like the game. I skipped FM 15 after reading not much changed with the engine. This release has really nice game play. So far, playing Liverpool, I have had two issues. First was starting the season with EIGHT players injured. Not sure if this was an anomaly or what. The other one is a bit bigger and that is the tactics screen. The game style selections are pretty awesome. The player selection couldn't be worse. Hopefully someone comes to their senses and fixes it.

In my save I'm Tottenham and Arsenal finished 4th and Chelsea finished 5th. Chelsea won the Champions League, but now there are 5 teams going into the Champions League. Doesn't one team get dropped like Arsenal who are in 4th? That is what happened to Tottenham when they finished 4th a couple years back and Chelsea won the CL. Can anyone elaborate?

i offered a director of management a job as a scout after i saw another team had put in a offer for him, i bid somewhere in the region of 10k a week he said it's not good enough, i bid up to 14.25k and he rejects, fine... Valencia sign him as a scout for just over 3k a week????? what? he has no affiliation to the club either apart from the fact he's spanish. what gives?

So, what do you know I finally dowloaded El Capitan this afternoon for my MacBook Pro 2014 13', and FM15 is essentially worthless now (read all about it, I'm over it). FINE, I was going to buy FM16 sooner rather then later. However, I see there are similar issues being raised in the bug forums for the beta but with no definitive answers about any resolutions. Before I even think about spending $50 bucks, I'd love to get some clarity where things stand. Anybody have news they can share? I just can't buy this with such a major issue looming....

still can't get custom graphics to work on the beta, can anyone help with this please? I have tried the custom launch fix and that did not help, please advise!

I got mine working and I didn't do anything different from FM15. I just copied the logos into the graphics folder and unchecked " Use skin cache" from the preferences in the game and reloaded the skin.

Regarding the lag and micro-freezes, we have a thread in the bug forum, it would be nice if people offered more input there.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/439545-Micro-freezes-and-slower-processing-after-patch?p=10547756#post10547756

I got mine working and I didn't do anything different from FM15. I just copied the logos into the graphics folder and unchecked " Use skin cache" from the preferences in the game and reloaded the skin.

Regarding the lag and micro-freezes, we have a thread in the bug forum, it would be nice if people offered more input there.

I did that as well, same as with FM15 but instead of adding my graphics instead it deleted the existing ones so now no teams have the real logos at all :(

I did that as well, same as with FM15 but instead of adding my graphics instead it deleted the existing ones so now no teams have the real logos at all :(

I'm not sure but I think verifying game cache from steam might help here, if not maybe reinstalling can fix it.

I'm not sure but I think verifying game cache from steam might help here, if not maybe reinstalling can fix it.

tried that as well, trying changing the path again to see if that might help but not expecting it to :(

don't really want to reinstall as internet here is garbage so will take hours to do that.

Anyone else getting a lot of red cards?

YES. I manage the worst team in Spain though(a newly promoted Spanish 2nd Division B4 team),so I guess their tackling/decision making sucks,hence the high number of 2nd yellows. I'm not so sure it's a bug. I'll try a higher league team to see if it's the same.

So far I really like the game. I skipped FM 15 after reading not much changed with the engine. This release has really nice game play. So far, playing Liverpool, I have had two issues. First was starting the season with EIGHT players injured. Not sure if this was an anomaly or what. The other one is a bit bigger and that is the tactics screen. The game style selections are pretty awesome. The player selection couldn't be worse. Hopefully someone comes to their senses and fixes it.

Did you also have eight players injured when you tried managing other clubs?

So, what do you know I finally dowloaded El Capitan this afternoon for my MacBook Pro 2014 13', and FM15 is essentially worthless now (read all about it, I'm over it). FINE, I was going to buy FM16 sooner rather then later. However, I see there are similar issues being raised in the bug forums for the beta but with no definitive answers about any resolutions. Before I even think about spending $50 bucks, I'd love to get some clarity where things stand. Anybody have news they can share? I just can't buy this with such a major issue looming....

If you love football,buy it dude.With all the issues, FM is still the best footy management sim out there.

literally NOTHING works, WTF???? I don't get it at all, I am doing EVERYTHING people say to & that I did to get them to work in FM2015 but NOTHING works, NOTHING.

ffs.

I struggled getting custom graphics to work as well

What eventually worked for me was untick Use Skin Cache, then clicked the Clear Cache button below it. I then loaded one of the other default skins.

I then went back into preferences and put the tick back into Use Skin Cache and went back to my original skin.

I couldn't find any option to reload the current skin that was in previous FMs.

Is it possible to add something to the dialogue screen when talking to a player who complains of lack of first team football? Like for example when you're playing in champions league, you should be able to tell him that he's being saved for those important matches and that I dont like to risk him in league games and such.

Anyone else seeing their keeper wearing a fetching pair of leggings in lieu of the usual shorts?

QpUfnoa.png

Unless Craig Gordon's painted his legs blue in a show of national pride. Or are his socks just really, really high? Other keeper in the game looked normal.

Archived