Football Manager 2016 - Official Beta Feedback

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks. Also I was under the impression (pretty sure I read a tweet from Miles) the boxes on tactics screen wouldn't overlap this year? Using DF and SS hides one another, depending on which one is selected

no thats intentional behaviour to show where players may get in the way of each other miles said as much in the video he made about the tactics screen.

• SI Staff
Just noticed this at half time of a game I'm having

Nothing unusual on first glance until you see the shirt numbers of some of the 'Shire players. There's no squad numbers in Scottish League 2, it's simply 1-11 as you can see from my line up. Is this worth reporting? It's nothing vital, but it's curious nonetheless.

It looks as though squad numbers are not mandatory in that division, with only a couple of teams having them in real life.

At the moment the choice to have squad numbers or not is not something that is supported in game, so the division just uses the 1-11 system in game currently.

I just had a situation where I substituted a player in the 87th minute, he had scored 2 goals and was signalling to come off as he was exhausted, so I subbed him. The first question at the press conference was asking me why I had subbed him and that the player couldn't have been happy about being subbed when on for a hat trick. Ok, reporter obviously wasn't watching the match properly but the problem is I had no option to explain why I subbed him.

Secondly, having won the same match 2-0, at the press conference I had the question "you must be delighted with the win?", I had the option to reply 'I think we've played better in other games but lost' - all well and good except this was my very first competitive game in charge.

Neither point helping much with immersion, as with other FM releases i'll leave press conferences to my assman.

these aren't criticisms btw Fm2016 is very good, but still getting silly offside decisions during the match as with other releases, was hoping this would be fixed this time around

With your first point, you have the option to say that you were taking him off to keep him fresh for future matches, so that covers the tiredness thing.

With the second one, could you post in the bugs forum and upload a save game that shows this question being asked please?

Although I risk losing one of my best players, I thought this was a great little feature. Martino gave him his Argentina debut a while back, I think, and now that he's the Arsenal manager, Rulli came asking for a move when they showed interest. Some of the safer options were not there, and I basically had to promise him something, in order for him to stay.

7im3l0k.png

Concerned about the low ratings for centre midfielders as usual. Looks like it comes down to the number of mistakes. My first league game of season 2 was a home win for Everton over Man Utd. They had slightly the better of the game, but we won and Besic was my lowest rated player (6.4). He made 13 mistakes, 12 of which were missed interceptions. He wasn't involved in Man Utd's goal, so no disastrous errors.

Best I could tell, the first mistake in the first minute was Besic moving to close down Rooney who passed the ball just as he arrived - it went past Besic reasonably close to him. It was just a nothing ball in the middle of the pitch, but I can see if the ME counts that as a mistake then they will tally up quickly for midfielders and affect their ratings.

Is this being looked at?

Concerned about the low ratings for centre midfielders as usual. Looks like it comes down to the number of mistakes. My first league game of season 2 was a home win for Everton over Man Utd. They had slightly the better of the game, but we won and Besic was my lowest rated player (6.4). He made 13 mistakes, 12 of which were missed interceptions. He wasn't involved in Man Utd's goal, so no disastrous errors.

Best I could tell, the first mistake in the first minute was Besic moving to close down Rooney who passed the ball just as he arrived - it went past Besic reasonably close to him. It was just a nothing ball in the middle of the pitch, but I can see if the ME counts that as a mistake then they will tally up quickly for midfielders and affect their ratings.

Is this being looked at?

Dave, I made a thread in the bugs forum, but don't really have the best of examples. Feel free to add something to it: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/439372-Defensive-midfielders-poor-match-ratings

Dave, I made a thread in the bugs forum, but don't really have the best of examples. Feel free to add something to it: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/439372-Defensive-midfielders-poor-match-ratings

Guys, you can't mention CM's ratings while GK's are getting rated the way they do. That is the biggest issue.

0 GK's even make the shortlist for the Golden Ball in the 1st 3 years of my game, (but plenty of MC's do).

You are right that MC ratings are under-cooked, (especially DM's), but still waaaaay behind GK's.

Hey guys,

I'm completely new to this forum but have played FM for years. I started a career mode with Melbourne City in the A-League which I enjoyed but appreciate it's a unique league which many unique rules that must be hard to work out but I thought I would drop my two cents here: :)

I think the biggest one which would help playing all the A-League a lot more realistic would be able have the option to "offer to A-league clubs for free" option, obviously A-League clubs can't purchase players from each other but they release contracted players so they can join rival clubs all the time. Eg Andrew Redmayne went WSW with one year left on his contract, Jason Hoffman MCY to NEW, Brandon O'Neill PER to SYD etc. This is mostly used by players seeking more playing time who have been told they have no playing future at a club or are unhappy, also clubs look to sign peripheral players from other clubs. This would make the transfer period 100% less painful as you can only generally sell your top players to foreign clubs and trying to figure out your wage budget with all the mutual releases to be worked out is a massive pain and unrealistic, I ended up having to keep excluding players from my squad until I was way under the cap because the fees for excluding players wasn't so clear. Maybe also giving an inbox message saying something like "taking into account your registered players plus the estimated mutual payout agreements of the players not included in your registered squad you are due to pass/fail your salary cap by $x." a couple of times before the transfer window closes would be really helpful.

Home grown players - i found it really hard to find the rules for this and how it applies to players. Also there was some inconsistency of how players were classified in my Melbourne City squad. For example Jacob Melling was classified as Home grown, but other younger players like Ben Garuccio, Stephan Mauk, Connor Chapman etc. were not despite being at the club the same length or longer and being the same age. I also gave a full-time contract to a youth player at the club and he still didn't count as homegrown.

Two other things that may be too hard to include but FFA also recently brought in Veterans bonus which can be applied to players who have been at a club longer than 5 years, with a percentage of their salary falling outside the salary cap, maybe this could just automatically apply once a player has been at your club more than five years as staggered % of their salary? They also brought in a Rookie spot which is outside the cap for players that have only played in the "non-professional" lower leagues of Australia for the last 18 months, maybe this could just be included in the drop down part of the contracts list where the full-time player, marquee player, guest player option for applicable players. This would be a fun one to include as it would make people look through the lower leagues to try and find a diamond in the rough :)

Given all the idiosyncrasies of the league a more specific welcoming email with how each of the contracts (Marquee, Guest, Home-grown etc.) can be awarded would be really helpful. For example how its worked out who is able to be signed a a guest player (international caps, reputation etc.) or a marquee.

The game recognises the relationship between Melbourne City and the CFG clubs which is great; however just a few things I noticed with regards to interaction between the clubs.

Man City and NYCFC only get in touch to offer loan prospects half way through the first Australian season; maybe it would be better if this option was made clear before the first season starts?

The quality of Loanees I was able to sign was way above what would be possible IRL - I doubt Patrick Roberts or Kelechi Iheanacho would see joining the A-League on a two year loan as furthering their careers, even though it was really fun to play with them! IRL the FFA kicks Melbourne's butt about loaning players from CFG, like Frank Lampard was meant to join Melbourne but the FFA didn't allow it because of the contract arrangements. Maybe capping the amount of players you can loan from CFG to one or two would be more realistic as well, rather than being able to sign the best 5 youngsters every year with no salary to be paid. Also maybe the other CFG clubs could come forward and offer some of the real quality players for guest stints to boost attendances like what happened with David Villa IRL and what might happen with Lampard and Prilo in the future.

Another big one is that I was able to keep the salaries of the players I signed really low by offering massive sign-on bonuses; I'm almost certain that you have to include absolutely all fees to the player inside the cap; transfer fees and agent fees I think stay outside the cap but the FFA is really strict on player payments - maybe the sign on fee could be spread amongst the amount of years you have signed the players on for (eg. $20K sign on fee on two year contact = $10K per year in the cap)

OK thats it - I haven't done one of these before so I hope this helps, let me know what you think! :)

Cheers

Guys, you can't mention CM's ratings while GK's are getting rated the way they do. That is the biggest issue.

0 GK's even make the shortlist for the Golden Ball in the 1st 3 years of my game, (but plenty of MC's do).

You are right that MC ratings are under-cooked, (especially DM's), but still waaaaay behind GK's.

Although I agree with you here my AVR stats for the three seasons so far

First season

GK: 6.93

DM: 6.66

Rotation DM: 6.59

2nd season (I changed my tactic to have no DM and rather use a CM-D/DLP-D type role)

GK: 7.17

DM: 6.93

Rotation DM: 6.93

3rd season

GK: 7.15

DM: 6.82

Rotation DM: 6.88

And some further info

Players sorted by AVR in the league. Note that all the top DM players are not actually playing as DMs.

DM: http://i.imgur.com/xnQZJ2Z.png

GK: http://i.imgur.com/GIFHPlN.png

Hmm, I wonder if turning a 0-1 match into a 4-1 win, is really deserving of such fan praise as "Benjamin believes the fan are pleased after coming back from such a large deficit"

1 goal down is a large deficit? It kinda is for the club (Twente) I'm fooling around with, they have had bad times, I actually was counting on losing the match as I saw that quick early goal.

I just had a situation where I substituted a player in the 87th minute, he had scored 2 goals and was signalling to come off as he was exhausted, so I subbed him. The first question at the press conference was asking me why I had subbed him and that the player couldn't have been happy about being subbed when on for a hat trick. Ok, reporter obviously wasn't watching the match properly but the problem is I had no option to explain why I subbed him.

Secondly, having won the same match 2-0, at the press conference I had the question "you must be delighted with the win?", I had the option to reply 'I think we've played better in other games but lost' - all well and good except this was my very first competitive game in charge.

Neither point helping much with immersion, as with other FM releases i'll leave press conferences to my assman.

these aren't criticisms btw Fm2016 is very good, but still getting silly offside decisions during the match as with other releases, was hoping this would be fixed this time around

Plenty of silly offside decisions in real life too.

Just had the entire squad go into mutiny as i refused to offer Vincent Kompany a new contract.

In my conversation with Kompany i said i'd be offering him one shortly and that was only a couple of days ago.

That doesn't make sense?

Just had the entire squad go into mutiny as i refused to offer Vincent Kompany a new contract.

In my conversation with Kompany i said i'd be offering him one shortly and that was only a couple of days ago.

That doesn't make sense?

Clearly a bug. Please report it in the bugs forum with a save from just before the squad revolt.

I'd just like to know one thing. Is there any will whatsoever of fixing B teams? For five years now we've been reporting the faults in the league issues threads, and we haven't seen one change towards fixing that. What's the point of a bug report thread, if all the reports are ignored? At this point people are just copying and pasting their posts from the previous year, it's tiring to keep reporting stuff like this and keep being ignored.

In Portugal's case in particular, B teams are still satelites of their main club, which is wrong and has been wrong since their inception in FM 2012. They can't buy or sell players, which is still how they work in FM. B teams cannot play in the same league as their main team, which is still happening in FM. Players are free to go back and forth both teams at will, but we still can't do that because they're considered satelite clubs.

I mean, really, is there any will whatsoever of ever righting that wrong? Because at this point I'd be sceptical of anything anyone in the developer team tells me. We've been answered every single year that changes like this won't be coming with a point update, but with a new release, and here we are, four releases and five years later and nothing has changed.

And this is just for Portugal. Spanish teams are also still wrong. What's the point of posting on bug threads, feedback threads and the like if five years later the posts are still being ignored? For what? UI revamps and adding taxes to finances? I get that these changes have a place in FM, but I'd argue that teams working as they should is a much bigger thing.

At this point I'm just giving up on reporting feedback on this stuff, as are a lot others that usually report these things on this forum.

Just finished first season.

Bournemouth stayed up with only 28 points.

39 points which can often get you relegated was good enough for 13th.

If this pattern is repeated by other users might it suggest the top teams are relatively too strong and the lesser teams relatively too weak?

P.S. Look at Stoke :lol:

wTpIvFC.jpg

That doesn't make sense?

you only have 4 days to offer him a contract! you can check it in the home/promises tab

Is it done on purpose that always when I would like to sell a player so I offer him and I put as asked price for example 30M€, I always get an offer of 15M€, the offer I get it's always half the price I asked. Doesn't make sense if I ask a price to receive always an offer of half that price.

Don't suppose anyone would know if this works on Windows XP before I pre-order it? I'm a few months away from a new laptop....

The minimum specs (look in the forum header) does not list Win XP.

I just wanted to post about this. I also experience micro-freezes and slow responses sometimes

Win7 64 bit, i5 4460 8gb ram

Same here. Pretty frustrating
Yes, it's randomly hanging when trying to open player profiles, when it ends processing some of the AI games and so on. I deleted the cache, verified the cache, but no change.

Win7 64bit, 32GB RAM.

anyone is making bug report?

The minimum specs (look in the forum header) does not list Win XP.

Thanks for the response. I did have a look at the minimum specs, and understand that as the official word as I'm aware XP is not supported at all anymore by Windows... BUT has anyone had any luck running it? Bought ICC15 from Steam that was Win7 and that ran somehow....

Just wondering if anyone is/was in the same situation as me..

somehow my game after update become much less responsive during processing

Win7 64 bit, i5 2300, 4 gb ram

I just wanted to post about this. I also experience micro-freezes and slow responses sometimes

Win7 64 bit, i5 4460 8gb ram

Yes, it's randomly hanging when trying to open player profiles, when it ends processing some of the AI games and so on. I deleted the cache, verified the cache, but no change.

Win7 64bit, 32GB RAM.

Same here. Pretty frustrating

+1

Game has slowed considerably since the update.

Win10 64bit i7-4790 16gb RAM

Two crashes in 5 minutes after installing the update 10 mins ago.

Edit: 3 times in 10 min

Edit: 4 times! What on earth is going on? The smallest update imaginable is corrupting the game. I can only agree with the concerns about micro-freezes too.

Sigh, I enjoyed my save so much..

Anyone else having problems with the fans always thinking the team fielded is weakened, even when it seems to be the best players by a large margin, I put on the pitch?

I have this too, in post match conferences I am always asked about it. Only started now in my 6th season when I have 2 good players in every position. I think maybe some of the players I have on my bench are technically 'the best' but aren't starters because they only are the best in very specific roles

If this pattern is repeated by other users might it suggest the top teams are relatively too strong and the lesser teams relatively too weak?

I have noticed this too, but not quite on a scale which is evidently problematic.

My first season 3 teams stayed up with under 40, 2nd season was 3 and 38 went down, 3rd season 2 stayed up with 36, 4th season teams stayed up with 34 and 35.

So although I think its marginally lower than real life I don't think its at a level which shows a clear fault and not a quirk of chance - at least in my save

I don't understand your obsession with the Golden Ball. GK's barely get a look in there IRL either, especially before Neuer.

Can't speak for England - although I'll check it out when I get back on to the save to see what's happening - but in Scotland the weaker teams look a lot stronger than they probably should. Think Aberdeen won the league in the first season (not massively stretching reality, but still unexpected), and Partick Thistle finished 4th (I'm not saying that's stretching reality, but I think Elvis, Shergar and Lord Lucan did the half-time draw on the final game of the season)

• Administrators
Anyone else having problems with the fans always thinking the team fielded is weakened, even when it seems to be the best players by a large margin, I put on the pitch?

Can you please raise the issue here - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/506-Other-Gameplay-Issues

Ideally with a save game example from just before the question is asked?

Thanks.

Archived