Football Manager 2016 - Official Beta Feedback

Do you have a save from just before that meeting is called? You could report it in the bugs forum with a copy of the save uploaded to the FTP and SI can investigate. It doesn't sound right.

I don't have a save but I will report it in the bugs forum. cant be having that after 1 league loss the board are already on my back after 4 games in total.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I bought FM16 because of the create-a-club mode.However I'm very disappointed.It feels more like an EDIT-A-CLUB option(not even a new mode). I want to create MY OWN club,owned by ME,and create MYSELF & a mate(as advertised). Absolutely unrealistic,yes,but the description of the mode gave that impression: A well done FIFA MANAGER create-a-club mode. Please fix this 'BUG' or at least change how you've described/advertised the mode. It's a little misleading.

Anyone else feel the game is a bit laggy overall?

Im talking in between screens and in menus, seems its just not as smooth as I would like. I can live with things being laggy/ not so smooth while in a 3d match, but out of matches I feel my spec should be able to run it okay smoothly. Note progressing between days is not slow, in that regard it runs well.

Specs of my laptop:

Intel i5-4210M CPU @ 2,6 GHz

8 gb ram

Intel HD 4600

Windows 10 64 bit

I bought FM16 because of the create-a-club mode.However I'm very disappointed.It feels more like an EDIT-A-CLUB option(not even a new mode). I want to create MY OWN club,owned by ME,and create MYSELF & a mate(as advertised). Absolutely unrealistic,yes,but the description of the mode gave that impression: A well done FIFA MANAGER create-a-club mode. Please fix this 'BUG' or at least change how you've described/advertised the mode. It's a little misleading.

How is it misleading?

You got to create a club, no?

I've noticed my goalkeeper has picked up more injuries than normal in this version, and by more, I mean 'at all' as you hardly ever saw a keeper injured in previous versions. Has this been deliberately tweaked? It's meaning I have to put a keeper on the bench now! :p

I'm finding there are too many yellow cards in the game. I play a high pressing game so expect to pick up cards. I've had 69 in 33 league matches but the main concern is that Skrtel has had 14 in 25, Sakho 12 in 24(1), Lucas 12 in 29, Moreno 9 in 30 (1). All in positions you expect to pick up cards but to me it feels like they're picking up slightly too many

Have you got "stay on feet" as a TI?

This works for me in terms of avoiding needless yellow cards

I got to edit one,not create it. When you create something,it's usually yours(unless you're doing it for someone else). When you add yourself (and a mate) to a game,you have control over them(as player/staff/player-manager/etc). I thought the created avatar would be linked to my created player somehow. Am I missing something here? You could achieve much more than the so called 'create-a-club mode' with the data editor,which has accompanied FM for years now. So why bother make such a weak option

Not sure if this is in the right place, but there are two incorrect injuries in the Liverpool squad at the start of new games.

At the start of a new game, Joao Carlos Teixeira is out for 3-4 months with a broken leg, this despite the fact that he participated fully in Liverpool's pre-season beginning on the 14th of July and has featured in the under 21s and in the Capital One Cup since.

In addition, Jordan Henderson is out for 4-5 months with a broken foot at the start of a new game, despite only sustaining this injury in the real world on the 18th of September. In the past I've not known players start new games with injuries they didn't suffer in the real world until some time in the future.

I got to edit one,not create it. When you create something,it's usually yours(unless you're doing it for someone else). When you add yourself (and a mate) to a game,you have control over them(as player/staff/player-manager/etc). I thought the created avatar would be linked to my created player somehow. Am I missing something here? You could achieve much more than the so called 'create-a-club mode' with the data editor,which has accompanied FM for years now. So why bother make such a weak option

i think its catered more for the more casual people or the people who cant get to grips with the editor for what you want the editor is your best bet for what you want to do.

• SI Staff
Liverpool on pre-season tour in China...still able to set 1st team players available for a U21's game against Woking for match fitness...

Did you do this through a news item or the player drop-down menu?

Did the player play in the U21 match?

Not sure if this is in the right place, but there are two incorrect injuries in the Liverpool squad at the start of new games.

At the start of a new game, Joao Carlos Teixeira is out for 3-4 months with a broken leg, this despite the fact that he participated fully in Liverpool's pre-season beginning on the 14th of July and has featured in the under 21s and in the Capital One Cup since.

In addition, Jordan Henderson is out for 4-5 months with a broken foot at the start of a new game, despite only sustaining this injury in the real world on the 18th of September. In the past I've not known players start new games with injuries they didn't suffer in the real world until some time in the future.

It would be a data issue. Please read the OP before posting in there.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/437260-ENGLAND-(Official)-Liverpool-Data-Issues

Generally injuries suffered before August 31 will be included, the rationale being the club had the chance to replace those players before the transfer window, and any replacements could become redundant if the injury is not represented. If Henderson wasn't injured until the date you specify it shouldn't be in the game. The Liverpool thread in the data issues section of the Beta forum would be the place to raise it.

So I won promotion (1st place) from Sky league 1 with Millwall in my first season to the Championship. The board set the lowest acceptable expectation to be mid-table finish the following season. How is that realistic for a team that just won promotion? Media prediction for my team is 20th.

I daresay this has been mentioned a hundred times, but is there an issue with the 'average positions' on the analysis tool. I say this because I recently witnessed my team having a humiliating 5-1 home defeat, and wanted to know where it went wrong. On checking the analysis, I was able to work out where I'd messed up, so I've tweaked a few things tactically. I'm now 2-0 up at half time in the next game, but when I go to the average positions section, only four of my players show on the pitch display, which tells me nothing.

I assume this has been reported, just thought I'd post anyway incase not.

Quite enjoying the beta at the moment. All my injured players are either returned or returning, only won 2 out of the first 6 in all competitions but my tactical tweaks are definitely working. Using the 2D engine has really helped me get a better idea of how my team are actually playing, much clearer than the 3D engine.

So I won promotion (1st place) from Sky league 1 with Millwall in my first season to the Championship. The board set the lowest acceptable expectation to be mid-table finish the following season. How is that realistic for a team that just won promotion? Media prediction for my team is 20th.

Doesn't seem hugely unreasonable, Millwall have spent the majority of the past fifteen years in the second tier, the board may see it as 'their level' and expect to remain in it comfortably.

• SI Staff
I have just won the Conference North so approached the board to request going professional. They turned me down - no problem with that - but I do have a problem with their reason:

HXYiXe.png

How on earth can I improve?!

Hey DazRTaylor,

That looks like a bug to me.

Could you please post this here: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/506-Other-Gameplay-Issues

If you have one, please also upload a save before promotion and/or the title was confirmed. Details on uploading to our FTP here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/436044

Thank you kindly,

Seb.

• SI Staff
Aaarrrrgh, first crash dump of the beta, just when I'd nailed a tactic for the team, just had a 5-0 win a few weeks after a 5-1 home loss. I hate it when that happens.

Anyway, carry on...

Hey Dagenham_Dave,

Sorry to hear you've had a crash, in order to help us prevent this in future could you please:

Post about it here if on PC - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/513-Crashes-Launch-and-Technical-Issues-on-PC

Or here if on Mac/Linux: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/514-Crashes-Launch-and-Technical-Issues-on-Mac-or-Linux

Thanks very much,

Seb.

Hey DazRTaylor,

That looks like a bug to me.

Could you please post this here: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/506-Other-Gameplay-Issues

If you have one, please also upload a save before promotion and/or the title was confirmed. Details on uploading to our FTP here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/436044

Thank you kindly,

Seb.

Thanks Seb - all done. :)

I personally wouldn't expect to go professional immediately upon promotion to the Conference National. Keep the club there a few season, keep the finances good and then you have a chance.

As he said, it is not that they are not going professional but the reason given.

His job status is 'untouchable' and he just won the league, they would not give that reason for turning him down, or at least they should not be giving that reason.

Just noticed this at half time of a game I'm having

BWf9mcv.png

Nothing unusual on first glance until you see the shirt numbers of some of the 'Shire players. There's no squad numbers in Scottish League 2, it's simply 1-11 as you can see from my line up. Is this worth reporting? It's nothing vital, but it's curious nonetheless.

Again it would be at your own risk.

I doubt you would get any help from support if it does not work.

On a side note, you really should look to update, I think I am right in saying that XP gets no updates and from a security point of view that is not good.

I have noticed my team loses condition quicker than in other iterations of FM.

I don't press much and my players are all in tip top condition at the start of the matches.

I am ending matches with 4/5 players below 70%.

I just had a situation where I substituted a player in the 87th minute, he had scored 2 goals and was signalling to come off as he was exhausted, so I subbed him. The first question at the press conference was asking me why I had subbed him and that the player couldn't have been happy about being subbed when on for a hat trick. Ok, reporter obviously wasn't watching the match properly but the problem is I had no option to explain why I subbed him.

Secondly, having won the same match 2-0, at the press conference I had the question "you must be delighted with the win?", I had the option to reply 'I think we've played better in other games but lost' - all well and good except this was my very first competitive game in charge.

Neither point helping much with immersion, as with other FM releases i'll leave press conferences to my assman.

these aren't criticisms btw Fm2016 is very good, but still getting silly offside decisions during the match as with other releases, was hoping this would be fixed this time around

I only played about a dozen games so far so my feedback is really my first impressions. I'm managing Belgium and I'm trying to win the World Cup.

I love the ME! The players play the way you assign them roles to and it's running quite smoothly. If there would be 1 comment that I have, it would be that I have seen a lot of penalties stopped by the GK. In the 10 games I played, 5 penalties were stopped while 3 got scored. I'll assess it as I go further in the career before reporting it as a bug. The pinnacle was the GK from Andorra stopping a penalty from Hazard.

Further I got a couple of graphical items that bug me, but are not a deal breaker.

When a player runs with the ball, he seems to have his head looking downwards. I would assume they would look around for opportunities.

Manager is a nice addition, but face creator lacking, not using it anyway so don't really care.

On the player screen, if the player has an injury or any other notification, a bubble (inj, wnt, etc) in front of the nationality appears. I find that annoying as I prefer to see the nationality.

Also, can you change your kit design when you create a club in beta? I tried it but could only do colours.

Otherwise, no major concerns yet. Well done SI, looking great so far.

I only played about a dozen games so far so my feedback is really my first impressions. I'm managing Belgium and I'm trying to win the World Cup.

I love the ME! The players play the way you assign them roles to and it's running quite smoothly. If there would be 1 comment that I have, it would be that I have seen a lot of penalties stopped by the GK. In the 10 games I played, 5 penalties were stopped while 3 got scored. I'll assess it as I go further in the career before reporting it as a bug. The pinnacle was the GK from Andorra stopping a penalty from Hazard.

Agree with this (all aspects). In relation to penalties I think I'm on about 50% conversion. Wasn't sure statistically, if this is well below real life average or not, or whether it was just my small sample size.

Agree with this (all aspects). In relation to penalties I think I'm on about 50% conversion. Wasn't sure statistically, if this is well below real life average or not, or whether it was just my small sample size.

That's too low, I think real life is 80%+. If possible, could you upload your save to the bugs forum please?

"I love the ME! The players play the way you assign them roles to and it's running quite smoothly. If there would be 1 comment that I have, it would be that I have seen a lot of penalties stopped by the GK. In the 10 games I played, 5 penalties were stopped while 3 got scored. I'll assess it as I go further in the career before reporting it as a bug. The pinnacle was the GK from Andorra stopping a penalty from Hazard."

..., in real life game Andorra - Belgium, Andorra's GK did save Hazard's penalty (it was has second of the game) :-). Am not able to assess the underlying question though, just found it funny you said this.

Playing with top3 league team, still scoring okay but number of average CCC's seems lower than in previous versions. Might be just league/quality of players difference, curious what others think.

CCCs was always a misleading stat and things were recorded as CCCs which, when you looked at them, weren't remotely clear cut. This just reflects an improvement in the way in which this data is captured now.

Archived