Football Manager 2016 - Official Beta Feedback

I dont have twitter mate but thanks.

I guess these are deep ingame mechanics so there could never be made some kind of FM14 tactics screen skin?

Since this isnt a skin I guess but game mechanics, its not changeable for the user

Maybe a FM14 mode in the future? :p Or some way to get the old beatiful tactics screen back, FM12, FM13 etc.

When you made a good team you could just look at that 4-2-3-1 deep formation with your awesome players in it

Now its like.. meh, bunch of assymetrical boxes flipping around

I was just using it as reference to support my answer. :thup:

We'll have to see whether the skinning guys are able to change the look, but that's the best you can hope for in FM16.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As much as I prefer the additional analyses screens (key passes, etc), the layout is kinda awful and non intuitive.

I tend to agree. I'm not much of a stat fan personally so that's probably part of it, but the old analysis had the few things I wanted from it easily accessible and clearly presented, namely the passing charts, average positions and shot graphics. Now it's still all there, but you have to click more boxes to get there (why would I want to see received passes???) and the layout is graphically less clear. Hopefully I'll learn to like it though.

The way that the stats are displayed seems wrong.

At the moment this is what we have.

REG%20Stats_zpsnsstkhxs.png

So we have PASSES and then PASSES COMPLETED but then we don't have KEY PASSES next. Instead we have CROSSES and CROSSES COMPLETED and then we have KEY PASSES.

Does that mean that PASSES and CROSSES are grouped together and if either of them are key then it is considered a KEY PASS?

It gets more confusing though.

Next we have TACKLES and you would think the next column would be TACKLES WON, but no, it's actually KEY TACKLES. After that we have TACKLES WON, (so the order has changed).

Then next we have HEADERS, then HEADERS WON and then KEY HEADERS, so the order has swapped back again. :rolleyes:

You used to be able to go.

Passes, passes made, key passes.

Tackles, tackles made, key tackles.

Headers, headers made, key headers.

Even if we never knew exactly what the SI definition of a key pass was, we could sort out our own idea off what it was and it was easy to read the stats at a glance.

Now, (and thanks for the additional stats which are great), you have to keep checking what stats it is you are looking at because the order is so screwed.

For all the good ideas that you produce, (and there are many), this is just a good idea, (more stats), that has been just REALLY poorly implemented.

Just look at it for a minute.

REG%20Stats%202_zpscx2paiwh.png

The fact that I think some of the stats are in the wrong place doesn't really matter. It all just looks a bit "busy" and even "muddled".

I'm guessing, (and I am no brain surgeon), that it would be quite easy to group similar types of stats together.

Just for the hell of it...... like this.

REG%20Stats%203_zps0yridyrw.png

Now I know it is very rough, but you get the idea.

If SI put the stats always in the same order, (attempted, successful, key), and what the hell maybe even add a % column then it would make things easier.

If they then also grouped related stats together, (possibly by coloured background rather than a box as I have done), then it would make it so much easier on the eye.

Look, I know this only a piddly little thing, but it's things like this that are really easy to fix/do in the first place.

[rant over]

I don't really know how to quantify this as a bug, especially in terms of saves - but I'm finding the behaviour of players with expiring contracts in England to be very unrealistic.

There are two young newgens in the championship who I (also in Engnald) have been courting publicly for a while - leading to them being unhappy at their clubs and refusing news contracts, making them available on frees this summer.

I of course cannot approach them directly until June. I've been making bids for them which are a little more than I'd like to pay. I'm aware I might have to pay some compo anyway.

With both players Hibernian in the SPL have come in and offered them contracts, whereas logically speaking they'd know I wanted them and might even wish to wait until June until deciding their future. In fact I'm almost certain IRL they'd wait till the summer.

I think its more of a design issue as I can't upload a bug report to see why they chose Hibs over me as they don't have an offer on the table from me at this time.

On the scouting screen the left panel has a world map and world knowledge.

That should show you

Sorry I meant to actually ask where on the staff search screen

So in other words if I want to sign a scout who has decent/good/great knowledge of eastern europe, or maybe one specific country (but not where he may be from) then is this possible?

Hi, just purchased the new Football Manager 2016. I started the game, played with Arsenal and then attend the meetings as usual. But I find it a little bit annoying that the red chatbox is RED which normally signals tone of negativity in FM conversations. I thot I like to point that out to the developers, why not keep it neutral? As a long FM player, Ive become accustomed to believe red signifies negative response. I thought is a little detail youcould change on the release.

thanks!

I like this feature. Gives more of a club feel to the chat! Can't be having a blue chatbox with a red overview managing Liverpool :p

Anybody else who has quite low ratings for DM's? Coquelin hardly goes higher than 6.8. I tried Romero as well, but it's the same story. Ratings in general seem to be a bit lower. Overall very nice fm up until now.

this is has been happening in FM for a long time, not sure why but it is very frustrating.. My DM could do a good job throughout the season but with an average rating of 6.7, i tend to try and replace him

Its almost as if they are classed as attacking players, obviously your attackers get good ratings if they score or assist.. But in a 0-0 your centre backs can get some brilliant ratings for defending well, dont see why a DM cant get the same for doing a similar role

Hi

First time using photobucket, so I hope I'm doing it right:

Morecambe%20v%20Hull_%20Overview%20Overview_zpsj8cnry3a.png

Was playing a friendly against Morecambe. As you can see from the stats, I mostly dominated the game, but the Possession stat seems a bit strange, ye? That's because from approximately minute 65, they had 100% possession(!) in the final Third. I had the highlights set to show Key only, so I didn't get to see their possession, only that they had 100%. As always, before the game is ended, you get to see the last 30 Seconds or so. Those Seconds were all spent With my keeper standing above the ball, not touching it. I think that's what happened from the 65th. minute.

I saved the game if someone wants to have a look, but don't know where to upload to share.

Hey Gishi, this is a known issue so no worries uploading a save regarding this. Thanks for taking the time to report it.

I don't know if this is a bug or actually how it works. I'm watford and Im trying to give Igalho a new contract. It comes up up, his work permit has failed as he hasn't played for Nigeria. You can re apply in 120 days. Then says he now cannot play for Watford. But in squad he still has his old contract and no ban from playing. He is out of contract in second season. Im in pre season two and he is worth 19m. Am i going to have to sell him just cos I cannot offer new contract?

Hi Roncatto99, can you upload a save with this issue in for us and raise it here: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/516-Transfers-Contracts-and-Scouting-Issues

Cheers

After a goal is scored and a replay is showing, when I click skip replay I get a quick flash as the pitch overlay loads back up of all the players stood in formation in an airplane pose - would be nice to stop this

Hi AOB, this sounds like a cache issue. If you follow the following steps:

Delete Cache

Delete Preference

Reverify Cache

And also update your graphics card drivers.

This should resolve the issue, please let me know how you get on.

Cheers

Does anyone else feel like you get too many news items saying you are interested in players you have scouted.

I fully agree there should be leaks leading to speculative stories but in my most recent click of continue I got 6 news items talking about me being interest in players I got scout reports from that day - and 3 of them were worded identically. I'm not even at a massive club

Could you log this in the bugs forum please, with a save game before the news arrives? We'll take a look. Cheers.

I remember Jimbo's post earlier in the thread about teams kits clashing in game. This clip came from a game in the division I'm managing in. I'm happy I didn't have to sit through all the highlights of this...

Unless I'm going colour blind, that's almost impossible to tell the teams apart.

Thanks for raising this DD, we're aware of the issue and looking into it.

"Individual training they have been assigned to work on is not producing any results..."

I'm getting this a LOT, despite having the best coaching team in the Bundesliga. No matter what individual training I set up.

Seconded, I get this from pretty much every single player I assign any individual training, from the moment it is assigned.

Can someone please let me know if this will be fixable in the full release.. so when i create a team which i planned to make another MLS Canadian team however it only lets me use American cities and not Canadian cities of which Canadian teams are in MLS will this be fixed in the main game..

Hi FmFan00, this is an issue we are aware of and we'll investigate further. Thanks for reporting it.

When developing tactics I try to take account player preferred moves, particularly when adding player instructions to role/duty for each player. When going to the Tactics, Player screen to go through positions to decide upon what additional instructions to include, you are shown the player currently picked in the starting eleven, indication of his suitability for the selected role and duty together with his attributes - with important ones for role/duty highlighted. What is missing is the players preferred moves which need to be taken into account when determining your tactics - there is a huge amount of unused space on the screen to include them. You can click through via player but it would be far more efficient to include on screen to avoid need for that.

Hopefully just an oversight in beta version that will be addressed for final release.

Anyone else finding that a large group of African nations are going over a year without a manager? Some from Feb 2017 and some from late 2016, but they are playing competitive internationals during this time.

Also, my board just agreed to give me a new feeder club during board requests, then came back a few days later and said I had seven which was too many. I have 5 and one is parent. I guess the coding makes it count my youth teams? Playing as Preston so not like B or II teams

Hey AOB, this looks like an issue, can you possibly log it here: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/506-Other-Gameplay-Issues

We will need save games from before the manager is sacked, just after they're sacked and then one when it's been some time since they were sacked while another manager hasn't been brought into replace them. I appreciate that's a lot to ask but we do appreciate it. Thanks for reporting this too.

Cheers

Whats people's experiences with players demanding first team football?

Seems I have players every other week demanding talks over lack of first team football. Im Everton and its the start of November and I must had had 8/9 players come to me already.

Garth Barry for example has played 6 games and been a sub in a 7th. He's set to rotation. I've played 13 games so far this season and he's moaning about more game time? Getting rather annoying and tedious having to continually speak to players about this.

Whats people's experiences with players demanding first team football?

Seems I have players every other week demanding talks over lack of first team football. Im Everton and its the start of November and I must had had 8/9 players come to me already.

What were their squad statuses? Did they get any starts and how many out of how many matches? Are they good enough to be competition for the current no 1? Are they ambitious?

What were their squad statuses? Did they get any starts and how many out of how many matches? Are they good enough to be competition for the current no 1? Are they ambitious?

See my above edit with regards Barry (have same problem with Mori who has played same amount as Barry and has same status). Most of the players moaning aren't the best in their positions.

I now have about 5/6 players unhappy that Barry isn't getting more games even though he's the 3rd best DM in the team behind Sven Bender (on loan) and James McCarthy.

Play stopped for offside when Lee receives the ball.

uxZLybs.jpg

TV0Bdmg.jpg

I was about to say officials make mistakes, but looking closer the linesman shouldn't even be able to see the player receiving the ball through the other players.

To make a real judgement, though, we would need a screenshot from before the ball was played in case the receiving player was coming back from an offside position. In which case, it would be an entirely understandable mistake.

Even if he wasn't, mistakes happen.

Anyone made it in a year or two? How are transfer offers looking?

I'm getting a lot of offers that's basically around the player value, but much lower than asking price. Maybe it's because I'm at a relatively low rep club, I don't know.

In example Corchia is valued at £14.25m, asked to leave due to interest from Napoli. I told him I would accept a reasonable bid. Asking price was £25m. Min release clause £30m.

I get a non-negotiable offer from Leverkusen of £8m + appearance clauses taking it up to a total of £15m which I reject saying 'Offer too low'.

He get's upset and now is unhappy and complaining to team mates. Trying to explain to him the the offer was too low was futile.

Same thing happened with Idrissa Gueye. Asking price of £15m, got a non-negotiable offer of £6m (player value)

Amavi, absolutely does not want to sell him and he has not asked to leave. Asking price is £30m, player value is £6.25m. Just got a non-negotiable offer of £3.1m with clauses taking it up to £5.25m. Just trying to unsettle my players? It's working!

Hi eple, probably worth posting this with a save game in this section so we can take a look at what's going on and if there is an issue.

Cheers

If you could start a post in here - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/506-Other-Gameplay-Issues - detailing the issue along with an uploaded save/screenshot (details on uploading to our FTP: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/436044) I'd be interested in taking a look.

Cheers,

Seb.

it's in there as Bearded Shrimper Training Problem De Sciglio

Most of the players moaning aren't the best in their positions.
I asked whether they're good enough to be competition for the current no1.

You should possibly be able to talk Barry around.

Mori is close (ability-wise) to Stones and he might believe that he's equal or better and deserves more games. You will struggle with Mori and that'll be a delicate balancing act.

Can't say for the others as you haven't mentioned them.

If you are playing in English championship with its 5 loan player in match squad rule and you have 6 picked, if you then click on quick pick, instead of your Assman removing one and picking a team he just refuses to act.

Hi AOB, I've tried having a look at this and it's not happening in my save. Can you upload the save and post here (http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/505-Match-Engine-Issues) for us to take a look at it.

Cheers.

Played about an hour of FM16 beta so far with Blackburn Rovers. What's really annoyed me is the number of players injured by default when the games starts (about 5 important players, with quite long term injuries). I thought I could just about live with that but then over the first week of training, many more 1st team players picked up long team players. Because the club is under a transfer embargo, I am having to make to do with over 10 1st team players and the U21's.

I was wondering if there is anyway to resolve this? On the last FM game I just went into the Editor and cleared all my injuries before the beginning of the game. However, as far as I'm aware the Editor won't be released for a while yet?

I seriously want to restart the game with an injury-free squad because I'm yet to win a preseason friendly as I am seriously lacking in numbers. Jordan Rhodes, our key player is out for 6 weeks by default, even though he's fully fit in real life.

Would appreciate if anyone could help me sort this. Worst case scenario, I'll just have to wait until the launch of the Editor because it's really hard for me to play at the moment. Wouldn't mind starting again but if so I'd like to do it ASAP.

Played about an hour of FM16 beta so far with Blackburn Rovers. What's really annoyed me is the number of players injured by default when the games starts (about 5 important players, with quite long term injuries). I thought I could just about live with that but then over the first week of training, many more 1st team players picked up long team players. Because the club is under a transfer embargo, I am having to make to do with over 10 1st team players and the U21's.

I was wondering if there is anyway to resolve this? On the last FM game I just went into the Editor and cleared all my injuries before the beginning of the game. However, as far as I'm aware the Editor won't be released for a while yet?

I seriously want to restart the game with an injury-free squad because I'm yet to win a preseason friendly as I am seriously lacking in numbers. Jordan Rhodes, our key player is out for 6 weeks by default, even though he's fully fit in real life.

Would appreciate if anyone could help me sort this. Worst case scenario, I'll just have to wait until the launch of the Editor because it's really hard for me to play at the moment. Wouldn't mind starting again but if so I'd like to do it ASAP.

You won't have an injury-free squad. Players pick up injuries.

You may want to mention how these players are picking up injuries and how you're handling training and matches. Keep in mind that players who aren't match fit, can pick up little niggles easier. Also keep in mind that players who just came back from injury may need to be looked after too. Some of the players could be injury-prone as well.

Without specifics, it's hard to tell you much.

I was about to say officials make mistakes, but looking closer the linesman shouldn't even be able to see the player receiving the ball through the other players.

To make a real judgement, though, we would need a screenshot from before the ball was played in case the receiving player was coming back from an offside position. In which case, it would be an entirely understandable mistake.

Even if he wasn't, mistakes happen.

There shouldn't be offside mistakes in a video game though, regardless of how "realistic" it might be.

Archived