Football Manager 2016 - Official Beta Feedback

If your team instructions are to close down more, then "sometimes" means he is closing down more in line with the team instructions.

I'm sorry, but I don't see how this is making much sense. Now, I set my TI to "close down much more" and my poacher's PI CAN'T be edited from close down "much less." Maybe I'm missing something here. My PIs are contradicting the TIs.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not really sure how to describe what happened here but I’ll try. A player picked up an injury in the 70th minute and nothing else happened till the end of the game, Southampton had 100% possession for 20 minutes.

2015-11-01_00001.jpg

Turns out the Goalkeeper was doing this for 20minutes.

Known issue, will be fixed for release.

• SI Staff
I just scored a penalty and the game said it was saved. Ball hit the net.

Could you please upload a save/PKM to: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/505-Match-Engine-Issues

There are details in there on how to upload.

Thanks very much :)

Seb.

• SI Staff
Ive just seen a 2 footed challenge only punished with a yellow card. Would this be a bug, or would you put it down to a refereeing mistake?

EDIT: The referee had a good game according to the match report getting a rating of 8.4

Hey dan_lcfc,

Please do post in our Match Engine forum - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/505-Match-Engine-Issues - along with a PKM if you have one.

Thanks,

Seb.

The beta is very polished

But there is a minor issue

When you play against those lower division teams that barely have real players, the scores are usually very unrealistic. I already played 4 or 5 games where I scored more than 8 goals

I know that you are supossed to destroy these teams, but it shouldn`t be like this

Here in Brazil we play these minor teams in the beggining of the season (regional leagues) a lot and it`s really rare to see a 6x0 for example, let alone 10x0 and 11x0, which is very normal in my FM 16, not only in my games, but in cpu games across all country

0B11BEF35EC8733E3EE5FBD2CF42D8625AB77C78

I just saw this happen, hadn't seen anything mentioned elsewhere. Pretty cool.

It's a very understandable cop out by SI. Either change the country or recode the fixture system to account for a January World Cup.

They should probably come up with a solution though. It will, after all, be in the game for the next 6 years.

Can someone PLEASE sort it so when both teams are selected under average positions they have different colours! For such a slick setup it's things like this that really wind me up. Why would 22 dots of exactly the same colour be any use to me? I need to see at a glance who is near who. It's so nice to finally have the ability to see both sets of positions at once, only to have it ruined by a silly issue like this.

Meant to add that this is the smoothest, most realistic ME in years. Probably the most I've enjoyed a ME since FM12.

Cracking Beta all in all - well done SI! I really think it's the best FM I've played - which for a Beta is praise indeed :applause:

A couple of things I'd love to see:

1) If a player comes to you saying they want to leave because club X are interested in them, especially in Spain it would be great to have a response saying "You can leave if Club X match your release clause". Playing as Athletic Club, this is a pretty normal policy for them in real life and right now I've got a number of key players (Muniain, De Marcos, Laporte in particular) all wanting to go to bigger clubs who are interested in them. Right now if I tell them I won't sell them, they kick off and the whole squad go mental, but if I say I'll sell once they make a reasonable offer, the players opinion of a reasonable offer isn't going to be my expectation of a reasonable offer, and then I get an angry player for me 'breaking my promise' as well as not letting them leave.

If the player gets frustrated when I tell them the club has to meet their release clause, that's fine - at least it's clear!

2) The new tactical interface, I'm just not used to this yet but it feels a little awkward. I do like that you can see the effects of your changes if you go from standard, to control or attacking and so on. However sometimes I want to change the team instructions as well to better match the playing style, so it would be great to have one tactic with different team instructions to better suit 'counter', 'control' etc. That would allow me to effectively have 3 tactical slots for 'formations' with more varied playing styles within each formation. Right now I'm using my 3 tactical slots for 3 different variations of the same formation.

2.1) The set piece creator, with multiple routines is a great addition, but again I think the layout and interface is a bit clumsy and could be better organised.

3) I can't seem to adjust the training of my B team players through the B team training tab. The only way I've figured out how to do it, is through the news feed when the B team managers training reports come up. If someone comes up as having performed well or badly in training, there is a check box I can hit to control their training and then I can adjust it. Perhaps I'm missing something here if anyone is able to advise?

4) When looking at my squad screen, the filters seem to reset. For example I want 'players not at club' to always be ticked so my players away on loan don't show in my squad screen. At the moment I'm having to tick the box again constantly.

Great work SI - you guys rock!

Hello dear SI!!

Im enjoying so much.... but:

- Make the game harder. Really, I just finished my first season playing Swansea and I finished in 3rd. Im about to sign ross barkley! My starting XI was: Fabianski, Naughton, Bartley, Amat and Taylor; Lucas Romero, Shelvey and de Paul; Sisto, Ayew and Zaza! Normal subs: Lasse Viegen Christesen, Bruno Peres, Murillo (Loan - January), Routledge, Williams, Zyech.

I worked a lot around my tactics... but even so... 3rd place in BPL in the first season? And I played with Gomis until January (3 goals in 21 matches....)

The one problem I'm having so far is that, in a player's training screen, his attributes do not appear to be highlighted according to the tactical role in which he is being trained. Either that or there's a particular way to do this, and I don't know how, but in FM15 it was automatic, and it always has been.

To demonstrate what I'm talking about, here are two screenshots from the individual training screen in FM15. In the first, the player's tactical role schedule is deep-lying playmaker (defend). In the second, it's box-to-box midfielder (support), and as you can see, different attributes are highlighted in each case to indicate that these are the attributes that the respective tactical role schedules develop and emphasise:

N7E22r6.jpg

r3EYLRd.jpg

As I said, in FM16 this is not the case, but it's quite an important thing to be able to see in the process of determining which tactical role schedule to assign your players to develop their attributes as you want. Can anyone help?

Players are still selectively terrible at passing to an overlapping fullback, and defenders selectively terrible at playing a simple pass on an angle back to the goal keeper (it goes out for a corner and I concede)

I have noticed a lot of improvements in this area. There is far better cohesion between the keeper and his defenders. I have yet to have that annoying pass the ball out of play.

Tried to sign Eder Balanta for Bayern and he refused to even discuss a contract.

Bayern have 4 CBs at start of game - 2 of them injured so he would have played immediately.

He eventually moved to Leicester :)

Does he not like German food?

Is this a bug or part of his makeup in the DB?

I also welcome the addition of the new manager creator too. I'm still not keen on the team banners draped around the stadiums though, I think they look very poor. I'm hoping that this year the banners will be editable like ad boards etc.

the banners are nice, but both the ends of my stadium are drapped with away banners...without away fans...not so good i don't want to leave my Kop to away hools week in week out...

I really like the sideline rail camera, it's the only one that sort of creates the illusion of actually being in the stadium instead of the more TV like presentation of the other angles. But it rotates too far away from the action. Absolutely perfect until the ball reaches the penalty area and the camera zooms out almost to the other end of the pitch and turns 90 degrees from the sideline. It should stay on the halfway line and at most 45-50 degrees.

I really like the sideline rail camera, it's the only one that sort of creates the illusion of actually being in the stadium instead of the more TV like presentation of the other angles. But it rotates too far away from the action. Absolutely perfect until the ball reaches the penalty area and the camera zooms out almost to the other end of the pitch and turns 90 degrees from the sideline. It should stay on the halfway line and at most 45-50 degrees.

Agree with this. The action in the final third is just too far away to be able to see. Its movement in and around the central third is really good.

Hi, just purchased the new Football Manager 2016. I started the game, played with Arsenal and then attend the meetings as usual. But I find it a little bit annoying that the red chatbox is RED which normally signals tone of negativity in FM conversations. I thot I like to point that out to the developers, why not keep it neutral? As a long FM player, Ive become accustomed to believe red signifies negative response. I thought is a little detail youcould change on the release.

thanks!

• SI Staff
Playing the game on windows mode, i turned on the tips to expert mode. but whenever the circle icons shows up, it doesnt tlel me the information? when i click it it dissapears

If you're referring to the help bubbles for game advice, you need to just hover over them. Clicking them, removes them.

Is the tactic screen final? Sorry but I cant stand it :/

Its even worse than last year, then atleast you had shirts which looked a little cool, now its just boxes :/

The formations look weird and ugly cause the boxes changes height depending on role and duty. I know it might seem cool to some, but I prefer when the formations where static

The FM14 tactic screen was just beatiful, formation looked so nice, players position in the tactics screen static regardless of role and duty

Now for example, my supporting striker can cover my whole AMC :/

This just dont look appealing at all to me, especially when you built your dream team and wanna line it up and just look at it for enjoyment

Also, the rating thing is weird this year too, now it only indicates how well a player is doing a role, still a 95 ca youth player can get a full circle.

I dont know whats final, but if you would bring back, or have FM14/13 etc. tactics screen as an option again I would be more than happy!

Yes. It isn't changing. Miles has said so many times on Twitter.

I dont have twitter mate but thanks.

I guess these are deep ingame mechanics so there could never be made some kind of FM14 tactics screen skin?

Since this isnt a skin I guess but game mechanics, its not changeable for the user

Maybe a FM14 mode in the future? :p Or some way to get the old beatiful tactics screen back, FM12, FM13 etc.

When you made a good team you could just look at that 4-2-3-1 deep formation with your awesome players in it

Now its like.. meh, bunch of assymetrical boxes flipping around

Players moaning about not getting game time, they are classed as rotation or back up, its dong my head in. Think I might have to play Touch instead. Would love more options on full fat version to turn some features off. Apart from that, pretty solid beta for me.

Players moaning about not getting game time, they are classed as rotation or back up, its dong my head in. Think I might have to play Touch instead. Would love more options on full fat version to turn some features off. Apart from that, pretty solid beta for me.

Its just getting used to it I think

**** them haha :p let them rot in the reserves

A good thing is to find good young prospects, players who can be fine with playing U21 football, those can be your reserves, and then use a small 18-20 man squad

25 squad are just hopeless in FM, players moaning all the time unless you rotate the whole squad every single game

Its just getting used to it I think

**** them haha :p let them rot in the reserves

A good thing is to find good young prospects, players who can be fine with playing U21 football, those can be your reserves, and then use a small 18-20 man squad

25 squad are just hopeless in FM, players moaning all the time unless you rotate the whole squad every single game

That's good advice, get enough moaning off the wife, don't need virtual players moaning at me as well.

Only issues I've had so far are, when I tab out of the game and tab back in I just get a black screen, I then have to re-tab out and in again to get the game back.

Also I'm finding the load/save screen extremely sensitive like one click and it loads/saves the game, It's caused me to save over games or load a game without saving previously. Other than that its good so far

Rotation players still expect to play fairly regularly.

Archived