Football Manager 2016 - Official Beta Feedback

Hi guys - just regarding the new set piece features around designing routines. If I design a couple of routines for corners from the left (an out swinger) , and a couple from the right (in swinger) is there a way of getting my corner taker to alternate between the routines? So far I have Inswinger 1, Inswinger 2, Outswinger 1, Outswinger 2 but I'm not sure if the kicker will just use the routine highlighted at that time - I can only seem to have 1 loaded at any one time. I'm also keen to ensure that my kicker doesn't start using the out swinger routine on the in swinger side (hope that makes sense!)

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When you use the various on screen windows during a match, I'm having trouble fitting what I used to have in FM15, without loosing too much pitch view.

I had Formation, Motivation and Score for both teams + Radar and Report, but in FM16 each window is gigantic and I barely have any field left in the center to view the pitch.

I'm having a really hard time separating each sub window that make up various screens, fx. home screen, it all bleeds together, without a clear square around each box to separate things.

Staff Attribute highlighting. Scouts has Adaptability and Judge highlighted, but what about determination? DoF has just judge, but that only covers his suggest player job, not the buy/sale of players or the range of responsibilities you can set him for. AssMan lack Tactical Knowledge, isn't it default that he suggest opposing instructions.

ah okay, so I can't for example, have 2 routines for left sided corners, and 2 for right sided, it will just cycle through all 4 routines?

It will still pick up the location setting (left or right) but will cycle through the routines for that location. As an example, if you have Left 1 and Left 2 routines set, your first corner on the left will be Left 1, the second Left 2 and the third Left 1.

I think something might be off with transfers. Why am I able to attract Lucas Moura and similar rated players when I'm a mid table championship team?

SI would be very interested to see a save where this is occurring. Please see the bolded link below and upload a save to this area: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/516-Transfers-Contracts-and-Scouting-Issues

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/436044

Beta purchased downloaded and test spun:

I can honestly say - this is the best beta release yet. I have played the past few they have done this with.

I am highly impressed.

It appears the focus of this years release was to streamline the interface and also add in some great little bits.

The matches play nice. No noticeable hiccups or weirdness.

I may be one of the few but I enjoy the new tactics screen. I watched Miles presentation on why it was done this way and it makes sense and I thought it was implemented well.

Overall from me an A+ for beta and will continue playing.

Thank you

Liking lots of what I see in FM16 but I am really disappointed with the limitations of Create-a-club.

The title implies that you can create your own fantasy club, presumably with players of your choice, you have licence to dream.

In reality this is not the case because:

- you can't edit finances hence...

- ... you can't edit the wage bill hence...

- .. you can't add your own / create your own players, expect within very strict limits

Hence, the create-a-club options are very cosmetic e.g. playing colours, name, badge. So, you're not really creating a club at all.

People will have different ways in which they wanted to use this. For me, I wanted to use it to edit a current club e.g. my beloved Sunderland, make a few tweaks re. the badge, stadium, and then add a team of legendary former players.

Whatever people will use this for they'll have one thing in common, they want, in some way or other, to indulge themselves. But the restrictions mean we can't do this, the creativity is very very limited.

Why have you done this, SI?

I suspect I have an answer, that this is meant to dovetail with "fantasy draft" and I understand there would need to be limitations for that in order to have game balance.

However, forcing these limitations on the single player is a mistake IMO. Furthermore, I will be frank with you, this is not "creating a club" and as it stands, you have mis-sold the product. I know this is Beta and you may make changes but, even at Beta level, this is pretty poor, SI.

Constructive suggestions:

- remove all limitations on create-a-club. Let people edit their stadium size, finances, wage bill, add new players, create their own players (unlimited, beyond "2" please)

- by all means, put some kind of lock in if people wish to play fantasy draft - that's understandable, but don't force it on the rest of us

- think about how you market things, and whether the reality sits with that - because when it doesn't you lose goodwill, and people don't buy your product. I've skipped editions of FM because of lost goodwill, that means you lost my money, and one day we won't come back

Strong criticism from me - now take it on the chin SI :)

I am re-quoting this - I put effort into it, others have raised the same issues, I have been constructive in suggestions as SI always request. I'm disappointed I've not seen a response to this.

I think something might be off with transfers. Why am I able to attract Lucas Moura and similar rated players when I'm a mid table championship team?

There's a guy on one of the FB groups has signed Joe Allen for Boreham Wood in the first season. Hopefully this isn't the start of a worrying development.

My Mac is hotting up and the fan is going crazy during matches. i7 processor, 16GB memory and five star 3D graphics rating and it's having to work a bit too hard. FM15 ran seamlessly and although other aspects of the game seem even quicker than FM15 (continues, saves and opening scouting menu particularly), I think the game needs optimising for Mac OS (unless you Windows guys are encountering the same).

I've just installed the beta, the new create a manager feature has got to be the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen.

A decent idea, poorly executed. Thankfully, once the game's started you never have to look at it again. At least not until you start the next save.

Some impressions.

* Nice touch: The possibility to send players on a language course. I'm very curious if they have to take an exam :-)

* Small Bug: If I switch roles in the individual training screen the attribute highlights are not updated.

* Similar to the previous bug: the attributes for staff members with different roles aren't updated if you change the role. The default selection seems also to be not working as expected.

* Very nice change: In FM15 it was way to easy to calm down a player with "I sell you for an appropriate bid". In FM16 the player gets unsettled if the next bid seems reasonable to him. Good change!

* Pro+Cons: The interface is much more responsive and fluid. I assume that the reason is mainly the use of more processor cores, or ?

On the flipside: I am unable to play FM16 on battery cause the process is using at least 35% of the processor of my macbook - and this is while I'm not actively playing.

* Pro+Cons: The training feels more restrained. Similarly as with the tactic screen I assume that SI wants us to concentrate more on "reasonable" decisions.

As I have lately watched some youtube FM gamers I can understand this wish: watching someone use an attacking tactic with at least 10 additional team instructions like "push higher" or "close down more" is not a happy sight.

• SI Staff
So I arranged a third training camp match (USA), only to see it played at home. Could not change venue. Not a big deal perhaps, but broke my immersion.

Thanks for the information, this is something that we are aware of and are looking into.

I am re-quoting this - I put effort into it, others have raised the same issues, I have been constructive in suggestions as SI always request. I'm disappointed I've not seen a response to this.

They will have seen it, and will reply if (and as/when) they feel the need to do so. There has been over a 1000 posts already, the vast majority by users. Not every post can get a reply.

Can someone please let me know if this will be fixable in the full release.. so when i create a team which i planned to make another MLS Canadian team however it only lets me use American cities and not Canadian cities of which Canadian teams are in MLS will this be fixed in the main game..

Hello gentlemen, little suggestion here about the slider in Prozone stats: (sorry if the game is in French on the screenshot, not big deal ^^)

I would like to have three buttons here in addition to the slider, for choosing directly "1st period" , "2nd period" and "all game". (I'm so lazy, I know)

Sorry if it has been already suggested, double sorry if you can actually do it lol.

zhRBqpO.jpg

If I could use this picture to raise an issue, what's the deal with not getting average positions for all players? Sometimes it's only 3 players, sometimes only 2. Only on the first day of playing the Beta was I able to see average positions for all players that played. Very frustrating.

They will have seen it, and will reply if (and as/when) they feel the need to do so. There has been over a 1000 posts already, the vast majority by users. Not every post can get a reply.

I do understand that, and that I'm not "special" :) but this issue has been repeated and was re-quoted by another poster here as well.

I am concerned, from lots of previous experience, that if you have even a little pop at SI (having spent hundreds of pounds on their games going back to about 95-96, and purchased in advance on this one - I'm entitled to), they're not man / woman enough to take it on the chin and they either hide directly, or hide behind moderators (not saying you btw - but again based on a lot of previous experience).

This would have stuck out and a simple courtesy / acknowledgement would have been ok - but that hasn't happened and that makes me think they're burrowing / hiding, and not acting like adults that properly engage with constructive criticism.

I do understand that, and that I'm not "special" :) but this issue has been repeated and was re-quoted by another poster here as well.

I am concerned, from lots of previous experience, that if you have even a little pop at SI (having spent hundreds of pounds on their games going back to about 95-96, and purchased in advance on this one - I'm entitled to), they're not man / woman enough to take it on the chin and they either hide directly, or hide behind moderators (not saying you btw - but again based on a lot of previous experience).

This would have stuck out and a simple courtesy / acknowledgement would have been ok - but that hasn't happened and that makes me think they're burrowing / hiding, and not acting like adults that properly engage with constructive criticism.

For a start, making incorrect assumptions deciding that they are not man or woman enough simply because they haven't replied to you, will certainly make them less like to respond, because it's simply rude. Spending money definitely does not entitle you to have a pop at any one, lets be clear on that front. You still have to abide by the house rules, and that certainly includes not making negative insinuations about peoples's character. There simply isn't the time to reply to all the posts on here, some that will be repeats of others. You've left your feedback, it will have been seen. If they feel they need to respond to it they will.

My team seems to be collecting a lot of Yellow and Red cards, played 14, 41 yellows and 4 reds. Whats baffling is that I'm using the exact same tactic as I did in FM2015 and never had this issue, in fact fouls were minimal.

I've actually tweaked the tactic to tell the players to stay on their feet in a hope to reduce the number of fouls with little effect.

I'm getting good results, currently 2nd in league 2 with Portsmouth but the number of fouls is quite frustrating. Has anyone else noticed this?

For a start, making incorrect assumptions deciding that they are not man or woman enough simply because they haven't replied to you, will certainly make them less like to respond, because it's simply rude. Spending money definitely does not entitle you to have a pop at any one, lets be clear on that front. You still have to abide by the house rules, and that certainly includes not making negative insinuations about peoples's character. There simply isn't the time to reply to all the posts on here, some that will be repeats of others. You've left your feedback, it will have been seen. If they feel they need to respond to it they will.

@themadsheep except I haven't actually had a pop...

... actually I'm not gonna waste much time with this. If this the defensive response what i said results in then it shows the point I made, and actually not in this one @SI staff as they didn't respond to this - moderators did. You didn't need to reply to this at all, yet you chose you and I think that is odd???

Over to SI staff, up to you re. original post I made, that's all. :)

My team seems to be collecting a lot of Yellow and Red cards, played 14, 41 yellows and 4 reds. Whats baffling is that I'm using the exact same tactic as I did in FM2015 and never had this issue, in fact fouls were minimal.

I've actually tweaked the tactic to tell the players to stay on their feet in a hope to reduce the number of fouls with little effect.

I'm getting good results, currently 2nd in league 2 with Portsmouth but the number of fouls is quite frustrating. Has anyone else noticed this?

Would be worth uploading the save so they can look at it. Though bear in mind there will have been changes to the ME between Fm15 and FM16

My Mac is hotting up and the fan is going crazy during matches. i7 processor, 16GB memory and five star 3D graphics rating and it's having to work a bit too hard. FM15 ran seamlessly and although other aspects of the game seem even quicker than FM15 (continues, saves and opening scouting menu particularly), I think the game needs optimising for Mac OS (unless you Windows guys are encountering the same).

http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/514-Crashes-Launch-and-Technical-Issues-on-Mac-or-Linux

Create a thread at the above with as much info as you can provide, cheers.

Jimbokav's kit clash screenshot is really sad to see. Do I therefore assume that the option to choose which kits are worn isn't one of the unpublished developments? I was kinda really hoping this would be the edition that finally let us do it.

I can't get a screenshot as it came up during processing having clicked continue but..

After two teams had made loans bids for one of my players the news headlines in the processing screen said

"Deportivo in loan swoop for Olinga"

"Rayo in loan swoop for Olinga"

right below each other.

For my mind the word swoop should be reserved for concluded deals only.

Posting in here in case of bugs to get opinions as it is fairly subjective

Also when prozone processing stats give you the top 3 of the league table I don't think it should include games played information. It makes it harder to read and whilst it is important on a full league table it isn't as important for at a glance snippets of league standings

@themadsheep except I haven't actually had a pop...

... actually I'm not gonna waste much time with this. If this the defensive response what i said results in then it shows the point I made, and actually not in this one @SI staff as they didn't respond to this - moderators did. You didn't need to reply to this at all, yet you chose you and I think that is odd???

Over to SI staff, up to you re. original post I made, that's all. :)

No, he's right and you're wrong. Quit acting like a child and learn some patience.

Same here but it seems like the mods are trying to fob us off with a "benchmarking" problem. To be honest it seems like an issue with retina models and we're not getting an honest answer out of them. My MacBook Pro is 3 weeks old so there's no way it should be sounding like it's about to explode.

Hi FMers,

My apology if this has been brought up. Just wish to check.

Has possession football been downplayed in FM2016? :(

I've been getting difficulty in retaining possession with my Barcelona team. During an intra-friendly against a mock-up players, i can't even muster anything more than 59% of possession.

Has anyone found any success in playing possession football with more than 60% possession? :rolleyes:

Thank you.

I'm finding a lack of quality with goals. Almost every goal comes from a defender not doing simple things rather than a genuine good goal. It's happening both for and against me and is quite boring/annoying to watch

I am having the opposite. My division 2 Belarussian players are banging in some wondergoals. I am playing quite an attacking, counter-attacking style and I am really enjoying the 3D for the first time. Just the quality of some of the goals would make the best players in the world envious. :cool:

Archived