Football Manager 2016 - Official Beta Feedback

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can't seem to be able to load my shortlist file from FM 2015 into this game. Any ideas?

It's a different game. Player details will have changed, maybe considerably, so files from FM15 will be outdated.

I can only guess that's the reason.

On the Staff Responsibilities screen it is possible to ask managers of each team to arrange friendly matches? I have this ticked for my B team but the manager stopped arranging friendlies after the first week. On the U18 screen there is an option to change the frequency of matches. I don't get that option for my B team.

Is it possible to get that option to show, or does it depend on the number of players in the B team?

Also, in relation to friendlies, is it possible to have the fixtures grid on the Arrange Friendly screen show the days of the week? Currently it is just a grid of dates. It's not totally unclear that it's arranged Monday to Sunday across the columns, but I just think it would look clearer if the days were added. Call me slow, if you like, but I'm often clicking on the wrong day first.

They changed this during last year's lifecycle. When the game first came out, all you had to do was take a player on trial, and you'd see his full stats immediately. This made LLM a bit to easy with the gamble that is signing free agents. It was changed on one of the updates.

The more you scout a player, the more his stats will crystallise. It can take longer depending on the quality of your staff. However, once you sign him permanently, the full stats should appear. Makes LLM much more of a challenge.

Thanks Dave. I do like it. It makes sense to me, I just wasn't clear if I was seeing this as they should be or whether there was an issue.

It makes scouting more of a long term tool rather than a quick fix to a poorly performing team. I never really liked that I could find players so easily and knew everything about them immediately. I like to think I'll need to take chances and have more liklehood of a 'bad signing'.

You're right, it makes LLM much more of a challenge (not that I'm strictly LLM with Loughgall, but I like to have things tough and realistic). I'm really liking FM16.

again there's not german national team....

It's to do with rights issues. SI do not have the rights to the German National Team. You'll notice that the Japanese leagues are not in the game. This is the same reason.

Love the beta, really looks like a more polished fm this year. The only problem is that my macbook pro feels like its gonna explode any second with the heating and fan processing going like crazy. The funny thing is I'm playing 2d with the lowest settings on fm16, while I could play 3d without any problems on fm 15. I'm using a fairly new macbook pro (1 year old), is this something you guys will fix before the official release?

Love the beta, really looks like a more polished fm this year. The only problem is that my macbook pro feels like its gonna explode any second with the heating and fan processing going like crazy. The funny thing is I'm playing 2d with the lowest settings on fm16, while I could play 3d without any problems on fm 15. I'm using a fairly new macbook pro (1 year old), is this something you guys will fix before the official release?

Report your issue here: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/514-Crashes-Launch-and-Technical-Issues-on-Mac-or-Linux

I seem to be having an odd run of injuries lately.

In November and I now have my third player suffer a dislocated shoulder. Now I get injuries happen but the fact it's the same injury for three players in 4 months it seems odd.

Is anyone experiencing anything similar?

• SI Staff
I seem to be having an odd run of injuries lately.

In November and I now have my third player suffer a dislocated shoulder. Now I get injuries happen but the fact it's the same injury for three players in 4 months it seems odd.

Is anyone experiencing anything similar?

Hey kane_richards,

This sounds like it may just be some awful luck unfortunately.

However, if you do think there's a bug there, please pop over to here - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/506-Other-Gameplay-Issues - and post your issue along with a save and any other information you think you could help us investigate.

Cheers,

Seb.

• Administrators
Can't seem to be able to load my shortlist file from FM 2015 into this game. Any ideas?

Shortlists and filters from older version are not compatible with FM16 I'm afraid, due to changes made in that area. Sorry about that.

MATCH INFORMATION SCREEN

Is there any settings anywhere so that the match information panel during a match can be be made smaller ie one tab wide instead of two, or even more opaque so that I can read the other tabs during the highlights - as you will see from the attached screen shot the other tabs appear behind it and are unreadable when this panel is up.

15cbmup.png

Would like to find out as well. Seems a bit silly to preach about designing for smaller screens on social then have issues like this. I only need one tab like on previous editions.

So I'm playing a pre-season friendly. I'm up 3-1 while the opposition team is passing the ball around in their back line. Suddenly, whilst on the ball, one of their centreback gets a hip injury and is left immobilized. The ball runs free a meter or so from the poor centreback. My attacker (apparently lacking any sense of sportsmanship) runs up, takes the ball, slams it home and then goes off celebrating like he's just scored the winning goal in a Champions Leaugue final. Surely this isn't right?

Really like the beta this year, thumbs up to the team! I missed out on last year's FM so bear with me if some comments should rather apply to FM15 features.

Plus:

- The new interface is rather exhaustive and a lot of very meaningful informations are available.

- I have been positively surprised to find that most players are now available for sale as long as they're interested in signing for your club. It fits more the reality of the transfer market. The prices asked by the clubs are still usually a bit too high, but it is a significant improvement over the previous FMs.

- The match engine is smooth and I have not had the impression to have faced any bug.

- The results are in general credible.

- The game runs faster than the previous FMs.

- The generated 2D faces of the manager look good.

- The players' moves and strategy on the field looks more real than it used to.

- The scouting revamp is awesome, although the filters aren't exhaustive enough. I can't filter out on the criteria that the scouted player would not fit in well with the team spirit or that he'd likely not get a work permit.

Minus:

- It takes a while to know where to find stuff in the new interface, and sometimes a bit too many clicks to get there.

- I understand the purpose of having separate individual instructions by tactic, yet it gets very tedious to add individual instructions to every player in every tactic, while most of the time it would be the same for any tactic. Maybe implementing a default copy of the existing individual instructions would be a wise move.

- The new set-pieces creator is rather intimidating.

- When you get close to the price the other party is ready to accept in a transfer negotiation, they might make a non-negotiable counter-offer with some previously unseen terms that you find unacceptable (ex: installments after X games, raising the price by £10M). It is quite frustrating.

- It has been my impression so far that too many shots are blocked. To be confirmed.

- I don't know if that is the case in real life, but clubs are not willing to take my youngsters on loan for more than a month at first, while I would want to offload them for the whole season.

- Playing on the French version, I've spotted a recurring untranslated piece of message: when your physio updates you on the results of fitness tests before a game, it says: "You are advised to also consider the match sharpness of the players who have passed their fitness tests when selecting the line-up." in English.

- Took me a while to understand by myself the dark stars rating a player. I thought it was a bug at first :D But of course that's a great feature that I had been in favor of for a long time.

- The 3D manager looks ugly and not much like the 2D face.

- Maybe I've been unlucky or pushed my players too hard, but I have had to face a ton of injuries in my squad.

- The players fitness struggles to reach 100% and remain at that level. Probably linked to that is that players physical condition is not as high as in the previous FMs. Matches are very tiring and even if you rotate your squad, it will be common for your players to start a game between 90% and 95% of physical condition and finish it with around 55%.

- Most of my rotation players have complained to me that they don't play enough to their liking, despite me having 20 in Level of Discipline.

- The borderless windowed mode does not work for more than one session in my experience, it then goes to just windowed.

I've not yet tested the online features, lacking FM buddies, but they seem really cool too. I'm also waiting for the Editor to be available, I guess not before the release day.

Shortlists and filters from older version are not compatible with FM16 I'm afraid, due to changes made in that area. Sorry about that.

Ouch! Is there any way to convert the files to make them compatible or do I have to start from scratch?

Anyone else actually struggling so far? I'm Arsenal, but it doesn't seem to matter what team instructions I use, the team plays the same, and plays like crap as well. 4 friendlies so far.

I only beat Under 21's 3-1

Drew 0-0 with a team called Aris who are in Greek National C Division group 1

Won 2-1 vs Stade Lavallois in Ligue 2

Won 2-1 vs ESTAC Troyes

Sure no defeats, but in game it's just awful. Defenders stand off, let players run behind them all the time, don't react. In attack it's like playing vs a Milan defence of Maldini and Nesta. Even with short passing and retain possession, players lumping it forward.

Anyone else having this kind of thing?

Sure no defeats, but in game it's just awful. Defenders stand off, let players run behind them all the time, don't react. In attack it's like playing vs a Milan defence of Maldini and Nesta. Even with short passing and retain possession, players lumping it forward.

Could be tactical, could be motivation/team talk linked.

As Hunt3r has said above short passing reduces the passing range while I think retain possession means a mix of play to feet/play safer passes. However if this means the players don't see options within the risk level (Mentality, team & duty) set then the player will simply clear upfield.

But there are options, which is the issue.

They'd have to be options very, very close to the ball carrier, since you've shortened passing a lot. Anyway, if there really are options that close, report it with the PKM. :thup:

Hello gentlemen, little suggestion here about the slider in Prozone stats: (sorry if the game is in French on the screenshot, not big deal ^^)

I would like to have three buttons here in addition to the slider, for choosing directly "1st period" , "2nd period" and "all game". (I'm so lazy, I know)

Sorry if it has been already suggested, double sorry if you can actually do it lol.

zhRBqpO.jpg

But there are options, which is the issue.
They'd have to be options very, very close to the ball carrier, since you've shortened passing a lot. Anyway, if there really are options that close, report it with the PKM. :thup:
But are those options within the passing range, is the pass lower than the risk level & would it follow the other instructions given to the player(s).

I'd recommend reporting it.

There are some very odd decisions and happenings at times.

Had a player hoofing the ball out to throw-in when he had the option of 4 players to pass it to.

No immediate threat towards any players, including himself.

Then punts the ball out to the side, over 2 of his teammates, who were more than ready for a pass to either of them.

My players have been doing stuff like that (although that's the 2nd most extreme situation i've experienced) regardless

of instructions and situation.

Not all the time. But fairly often.

Beta is definitely good and loads better than last yrs. But there are a few tweaks I think that need doing.

1 goals or rather lack of them, it's so hard to score even open goals with the goalie at his mercy the players never hit the target.

2 marking . Man marking doesn't work turned off the zonal is ok but needs tweeting but turned on the defender goes walkabout. Was playing west ham and lovren was hang a tough time with valencia so man marked him and love just stood around and valencia scored 5 goals grrrr

7 competitive matches, in every one the winner scored 3 or more goals. Also, in 7 games I have 4 own goals, scored 15 from crosses, gave up 15 from crosses. Averaging 5 goals per game.

In general, the attackers seem incredibly dynamic while defenders more around randomly. As soon as the cross is hit, the forwards run for the ball (almost instantaneously) and the CB's look like they have no idea what's going on.

So I have done some simming and I noticed this happening.

bdt4nMX.png?1

Might be something that could happen IRL, even though I think it's too late for that now. But to see it in FM is really weird and to Morocco of all places? Would make more sense to put it somewhere that have the resources already to plan for a World Cup in just 5 years.

Why is it that when alternating between your different tactics in the tactics screen, the players seem to change their positions!? I appreciate that you can save selections which effectively locks their positions in but this just seems like such a small thing which is very annoying when you are alternating between your prepared tactics and the players positions keep changing UNLESS you load your saved selection.

Is this a bug or is this just poor design? I feel like it is the latter as I remember this happening in FM15 too which is why I'm asking whether this has been overlooked for this year's version?

Anyone experiencing the same?

Anyone else finding that a large group of African nations are going over a year without a manager? Some from Feb 2017 and some from late 2016, but they are playing competitive internationals during this time.

Also, my board just agreed to give me a new feeder club during board requests, then came back a few days later and said I had seven which was too many. I have 5 and one is parent. I guess the coding makes it count my youth teams? Playing as Preston so not like B or II teams

I'm finding a lack of quality with goals. Almost every goal comes from a defender not doing simple things rather than a genuine good goal. It's happening both for and against me and is quite boring/annoying to watch

This is an area that is a focal point. Please help the process of tightening the defence by uploading some examples of the situations which are annoying and boring you :)

I have a brand new Macbook Pro and the fan/CPU goes crazy on match days. Think it's an issue with retina models because I used to run FM15 without issues on my 2013 and 2009 models. If a 2015 model can't handle FM16 then god help most of us.

I've got a Mid 2014 Macbook Pro and on mine the fan isn't running like crazy.

I think the biggest difference between FM15 and FM16 is that the game now uses all the cores.

If you look at the Activity Monitor you will see that e.g. while under heavy load the game pushes the processor on more than 100% load.

Therefore you have to take a look at other applications which also causes load like watching youtube in Safari.

Archived