Football Manager 2016 - Official Beta Feedback

Don't think it's a bug as the game itself won't know these 2 players have just signed an extension, I just think it's the way the game is trying to be more realistic by having the odd player not happy or wanting to play at a higher level, it happens IRL so it'll happen in game, it was in the FM15 and I just dealt with it by answering their complaints with the proper response, same this time. I'll keep an eye on it and if it becomes to regular with other players I'll report it.

A lot of factors go into a complaint. It's not just that the 'game' decides you need one. Player personality (ambition, professionalism etc) will all play a part as well as many more factors. If a complaint is generated and in your opinion it shouldn't have been, report it. SI can the review it to see why the player is complaining (under the hood) and see if everything is working correctly.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A lot of factors go into a complaint. It's not just that the 'game' decides you need one. Player personality (ambition, professionalism etc) will all play a part as well as many more factors. If a complaint is generated and in your opinion it shouldn't have been, report it. SI can the review it to see why the player is complaining (under the hood) and see if everything is working correctly.

As I said, it's been dealt with by the answers I gave them and it'll wait to see if we get promoted, ones of the players did it last season and IRL he's just signed a new 2 year deal, he's due a testimonial and I dealt with it in last years game, nothing to worry about just thought I'd share, I generally like to find out in game how to deal with these things but was surprised it was these 2 players this time, as I said the game will not know they've just extended.

I always used 75% zoom. I have a strong suspicion though that SI will have used steam collected data and decided that as only a small percentage used it, 85% might be a better option. I don't think it will return, and if it is a numbers game I don't mind that. SI will have more important things to focus on I suspect.

Having played around a bit last night, I agree with the 'cluttered' feel of the player profile screen. I am not going to write it off just yet, because most of the information displayed is stuff that I used to add with skins anyway and some of the other info is actually pretty nice. I'll give myself a week to get used to the layout then play with it myself to try and find a balance. Failing that I'll wait for a skin.

It's something that I have asked about. They said that people moaned that 75% was too small. I still don't see why they couldn't leave 75% and simply add 85% in as an extra option. I really hope we see it back because it's making it harder to enjoy as a result. Hopefully a skin will sort it out at the very least.

Is it possible to "highlight key attributes for role" on a player's profile page? I know you can on the attributes page, but all of the other info I use is on the profile page. Ta.

Nice feature - playing as a club struggling financially, in Sweden. Drew a top-flight team at home in the cup, got offered a payment to switch the tie to their ground (and take share of increased gate receipts, too). It might have been in previous versions, but first time I've seen it.

I don't ever remember a GK being sent off (for or against me) in all the FMs I've played. Could be wrong of course, but none stand out in memory.

In previous FM's actually the only way for keeper to get a red card was accidentally step outside the box with a ball (which was quite strange too, as in RL it would be maximum a yellow card). I've never seen GK fouling on an opponent or deliberately handling a ball outside the box trying to stop an attack since CM versions.

I don't ever remember a GK being sent off (for or against me) in all the FMs I've played. Could be wrong of course, but none stand out in memory.

Goalkeepers can be sent off, but it's rarer than in real life. We don't have full body-to-body collisions with goalkeepers and in reality most goalkeeper reds occur when bringing down a forward in a one-on-one situation.

Goalkeepers can be sent off, but it's rarer than in real life. We don't have full body-to-body collisions with goalkeepers and in reality most goalkeeper reds occur when bringing down a forward in a one-on-one situation.

Will SI do something to fix the scroll bar in the scouting section ?

Sorry if someone else has already mentioned this.

Playing as Bayern Munich and just been drawn in the same group as Real Madrid in the champions league group stages. First season both 1st seeds obviously. Surely that's a bug?

Thanks :) it's something that came up since FM15 and since there was no reply in the bugs section, I thought it is not considered as something to be fixed.

If you take a look in the UI section, it's busy. There's a lot to get through. They will get round to it and either way, post a reply. Just be a little patient.

Playing as Bayern Munich and just been drawn in the same group as Real Madrid in the champions league group stages. First season both 1st seeds obviously. Surely that's a bug?

No, as Real Madrid are second seeds in real life under the new seeding rules. PSG and Real were drawn together under the same rules in real life.

• SI Staff

Real Madrid were in Pot 2 for the Champions League draw this season.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015%E2%80%9316_UEFA_Champions_League_group_stage#Teams

Real Madrid weren't a top seed and therefore put into pot 2.

Pot 1 contained last seasons Champions League winners + the the Champions of the top seven countries in the co-efficients. As Barcelona won both the Champions League and La Liga last season it was the champions of the top eight countries that went into pot 1.

Hence in RL Real Madrid got drawn in the same group as PSG while in your save they were drawn into the same group as Bayern.

• Administrators
If you start a game on full version (i.e not touch) can you load that save on other devices?

No, only Football Manager Touch and not from a save created on the beta version. Only on the full release will the FM Touch version be cross-save compatible.

You sure something ain't broke here? Look at group G :D

2015_10_30_00003.jpg

So groups league G and H in the picture are possible in real life too?

Nothing in particular looks wrong:

Group G

Dynamo would be in pot 1 as Ukraine are ranked 8th and with Barcelona winning both La Liga & the Champions League 8th gets a pot 1 place.

Lyon are probably a 2nd seed, Basel 3rd seeds & Gent 4th.

Group H

SLB are the top seeds as Portugal are ranked 5th, after them its down to co-efficients but Shaktar 2nd seeds, Olympiakos 3rd seeds and RB Salzburg 4th doesn't look odd.

EDIT

Just looking at the co-efficients it looks like for Group H that Olympiakos are the lowest ranked 2nd seeds & Shaktar the highest ranked 3rd seeds. A little unlucky but possible.

I also got Group G wrong above Basel are the 2nd seeds and Lyon 3rd seeds (Basel ranked 18th IRL & Lyon 25th).

Where does the staff feedback on upcoming opponent instructions show up? Like what line and width to play?

It's in your backroom advice.

There is also a button in the top right hand side of the tactics screen that shows this advice - it uses the same staff icon as the one used on the sidebar. So it's easy to see what advice you have before each match without having to leave the tactics screen.

I do like the advice i get about the next opponent.

Although tactical-wise i don't like that the suggestios i go with are made permanent.

My base tactic will just become a mess if i don't load it back up after every match.

I do think i understand why they are made permanent seeing that i'm not in a match, but still. Keep those suggestion for those particular matches only.

I might have missed something but i would like the same advice presented to me on the next opponent scout report.

Not in the backroom.

I only go to the backroom every fortnight and i don't want to go there more often either.

You can also see this advice on your tactics screen before each match - in the top right hand corner there is the staff icon (the same one used on your sidebar for 'Staff'). Click it and you'll have what tactical advice there is shown to you.

That's weird. I wonder why it's so low for me then? I've played pretty much the same two tactics all season and only signed one player in January. I've got 5 star tactics coaching as well.

Screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/wwjhr

You have 3 tactics, that's 1 reason. Training bar all the way to the left? Setting match prep focus to match tactics?

You have 3 tactics, that's 1 reason. Training bar all the way to the left? Setting match prep focus to match tactics?

Having 3 tactics wasn't a problem on Fm15? The 3rd one I just put there for no good reason, never used it. So, should I not have three tactics then?

And are you saying I should train 50% match tactics during the season? As I said I had it on full in pre-season, then lowered it to 30%. On FM15 that would usually result in the tactic becoming fluid or close to it by early September. Then I could put match prep focus on other things.

Edit: Btw, could it possible be down to the freak amounts of injuries I had that has passed now?

Having 3 tactics wasn't a problem on Fm15? The 3rd one I just put there for no good reason, never used it. So, should I not have three tactics then?

And are you saying I should train 50% match tactics during the season? As I said I had it on full in pre-season, then lowered it to 30%. On FM15 that would usually result in the tactic becoming fluid or close to it by early September. Then I could put match prep focus on other things.

I'm saying that 3 tactics will take longer to get fluid/familiar than 1 tactic. I needed match prep training still, so I just left it on 50%. It was the obvious thing to do.

Okay, I'll try that and see how it goes. Cheers!

When I'm new at a club, I always load 1 tactic only. It'll be the main tactic and I need that learned, quick. After that, I can have the luxury of adding plan B and C.

You can also see this advice on your tactics screen before each match - in the top right hand corner there is the staff icon (the same one used on your sidebar for 'Staff'). Click it and you'll have what tactical advice there is shown to you.

That does sound good. I have totally missed that. Cheers for that :thup:

• SI Staff

A quick note on tactical familiarity.

Areas such as this are constantly tweaked and refined.

Major contributing factors to how quickly/slowly your squad will come to terms with your tactics are:

How much training you put into it (semi-pro/professional status + the slider),

How many tactics you are learning at once,

How similar those tactics are to each other and to the previous manager's,

Your players.

As with everything, there are many other factors at play, but these are good ones to focus on as the manager.

If you think you have a bug, please do post it here - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/506-Other-Gameplay-Issues - along with uploading a save/screenshot (FTP details: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/436044) and we can investigate.

Best,

Seb.

It's long past time we were given control of what each highlight option does, especially if they are going to be changed from version to version. Comprehensive was perfect for how much I like to see in FM 15, now for some reason it shows every single offside in a match, even those on the half way line. Change to Extended and quite a few efforts on goal aren't shown.

How similar those tactics are to each other and to the previous manager's,

Does this mean that if a team masters 3 very different tactics on fluid, they will subsequently learn other tactics quicker, because the players are more "versatile" in variety?

How long does this effect last? A month? A season? (Roughly).

By the way, I witnessed that if you are making lots of changes on the tactics screen, the game actually does seem to remember which tactic was set before. In earlier versions, changing back and forth often completely and utterly damaged the "fluid" knowledge, which I found very annoying.

So that's a good thing! :)

One more question on individual training.

You mentioned that the more different stuff you train, the higher the workload.

In earlier versions, you could completely focus 100% on a specific attribute. It seems to me that in FM16 you always have to add a role/position. Is that correct? I did not find any "no role/position" option.

Oh, another detail that caught my eye: My Director of football has the preference "prefers to nominate managers from within the club".

If this works as it says, that would be absolutely splendid! I really hope it does, that was one of my pet grieves with past versions: Clubs suddenly appointing very weird manager choices, when they are actually known to rather promote U19 or U21 managers or assistant managers ...

:)

• SI Staff
One more question on individual training.

You mentioned that the more different stuff you train, the higher the workload.

In earlier versions, you could completely focus 100% on a specific attribute. It seems to me that in FM16 you always have to add a role/position. Is that correct? I did not find any "no role/position" option.

You can leave the player training on his current 'Playing position'. This would be the closest to "no role/position".

Is it possible to "highlight key attributes for role" on a player's profile page? I know you can on the attributes page, but all of the other info I use is on the profile page. Ta.

Nice feature - playing as a club struggling financially, in Sweden. Drew a top-flight team at home in the cup, got offered a payment to switch the tie to their ground (and take share of increased gate receipts, too). It might have been in previous versions, but first time I've seen it.

I read earlier in this thread that it wasn't - but I believe that is incorrect - I don't have access to the game atm, but I was playing around last night and I believe there is a list of the roles available for the current position under the graphic representation of the pitch with dropdown boxes for duty selection beside them on the profile page. If you select a duty from one of those boxes the highlights change the relevant key attributes for that role/duty. Also, you can click on different positions on the pitch, rinse and repeat.

Of course when you leave and return to the page the highlights revert to 'best role and duty' or whatever the default is set at (there are a couple options in a dropdown near the top - I think).

x9yFlju.jpg

Well... whatever the reason is, something is very wrong here, and it is the possession-percentage of bayern. Also they have only played 20 passes more than me, a team from the 2nd Bundesliga which is in real life at the bottom of the league.

• SI Staff

Well... whatever the reason is, something is very wrong here, and it is the possession-percentage of bayern. Also they have only played 20 passes more than me, a team from the 2nd Bundesliga which is in real life at the bottom of the league.

Hey Nikopol,

For any issues you perceive to be bugs, could you please post in here - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/505-Match-Engine-Issues

This thread is for feedback only, as such any bugs are likely to be missed by those who can help.

Thanks very much,

Seb.

Archived