Football Manager 2016 - Official Beta Feedback

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had a quick play on it this morning. So far so good although one of the things I'm not too impressed with is the contract screen. I have to say I much much prefer FM15's contract screen. I realise it may be i'm just not used too it but in the 5-6 signings i've made I've only remembered to check the length of the contract once or twice as I just don't tend to look up at the top (especially as pretty much everything else is in the middle of the screen.

My only issue I have is when I'm giving an in-match team talk as soon as I've selected the option I want the game hides my mouse cursor and I have to wiggle my mouse a little bit to get it back so I can click on confirm

Is this the most positive opening day the beta has ever received? Obviously there's bugs, as there always will be, but seems to be more stable and more polished than in previous years. Job well done it seems.

One of SI's main aims was to deliver exactly what you mention: a stable and polished day one release. Obviously there are plenty of remaining bugs in a number of areas (thanks go out to everyone who is logging them!) so there is plenty of work to still be done.

Plus, this is General Discussion - the tide will turn soon enough :brock:

One of SI's main aims was to deliver exactly what you mention: a stable and polished day one release. Obviously there are plenty of remaining bugs in a number of areas (thanks go out to everyone who is logging them!) so there is plenty of work to still be done.

Plus, this is General Discussion - the tide will turn soon enough :brock:

Yeah, but isn't that always their aim? :p I know what you mean though, aiming for it and actually achieving it are often some way apart despite best intentions. An own goal on the marketing (in my own opinion) but they've hit back with the release. Can they go on and win it?

Cliche salad.

Is this the most positive opening day the beta has ever received? Obviously there's bugs, as there always will be, but seems to be more stable and more polished than in previous years. Job well done it seems.

I feel this is true, I remember last year the first day was filled with posts about very high score lines and terrible goalkeepers. I think this year it's way better, the only "big" bug I can think of is the one with players getting " stuck" but SI already said it's top priority.

I didn't have a chance to play the game for a long time but I like it so far. Still have to get used to some of the UI changes but that's every year, the ME looks so smooth and the tactical instructions screen is exactly what I wanted for 2 years now. Really well done !

I really like all the little extra bits of feedback we get this year ( like the staff page), even when it's just old things displayed in a new way ( like the reports of a players curtent ability) or something being more promiment and not hidden 3 deep in menus.

Performance wise the game seems really fast as well.

I've played just a couple of minutes and the game looks really good.

Just, is there any plans to correct the newgens faces?

- A few of them have haircut not properly cut

- The haircuts are honestly terrible (too many weird haircuts, 15 yo player losing their hair, etc)

- They all stare down which doesn't look good

I know it's not the main focus of SI but the importance of newgens apparence shouldn't be underestimated. Lots of people including me do long saves and reach a point where regens dominate the game.

Or is there a way to bring the old newgens back?

• Administrators
This years team instructions screen - "We have far fewer options for you to select this year, so we've spread them out and rearranged them in the hope you don't notice". Poor.

So which options exactly are missing?

I don't normally post on here so apologies if already been mentioned, but the beta feels very laggy. Eg the cursor isn't particularly smooth - rather stop-start. Computer performance 5 star apparently...

Hows your system specs? Try going into preferences and swapping the rendering mode.

This years team instructions screen - "We have far fewer options for you to select this year, so we've spread them out and rearranged them in the hope you don't notice". Poor.

As far as I'm aware, we haven't actually lost any Team Instructions. Can you let us know which ones are missing for you as this could be a bug.

Honestly the first thing I checked on the new tactic screen was this, and I didn't notice any of them missing, only some which were added. I maybe had a hard time finding some of them, which is like 10-15s of looking around but eventually I think they are well structured.

Not sure if this is the right place to post but this is something that was already happening in FM15 and it's still on in FM16, I know people have mentioned it in the wishlist thread but I am hoping you guys could fix it for the game release in two weeks.

The issue is about the scroll bar when looking at the player's lists provided by the scouts. Until FM15, if the scroll bar was dragged up or down, the list also moved; with FM15 and now FM16 we have to release the mouse or go for the page down / page up keyboard which is very annoying and really not practical.

Thanks

There are no team instructions missing. I actually prefer the fifa-esque layout of them tbh. Think you need to look a little harder

When you are in player search and you add a nationality filter, a list of useful ones come up before you have to go into the menus properly. When you add 'based' filter this doesn't happen.

I feel like it used to happen, and either way it would be massively useful. Search in January for players based not in England without having to scroll down to England.

The fact I feel it was in game before (but not 100%) is why i chose feedback forum and not wishlist

A lot of people complained that there were no big new features. From what I am reading (and because I am still waiting for my code to drop in to my email inbox I have read them all), it would appear that a few tweaks and a load of polish means we have the best (pre) release version for a very long time. I was a huge fan of FM15 and from what I have seen of FM16 it looks like the devs have done the right thing in every aspect.

Which whilst nice, does mean I am F5ing continually in me gmail inbox just waiting for that code so I can dive in.

A lot of people complained that there were no big new features. From what I am reading (and because I am still waiting for my code to drop in to my email inbox I have read them all), it would appear that a few tweaks and a load of polish means we have the best (pre) release version for a very long time. I was a huge fan of FM15 and from what I have seen of FM16 it looks like the devs have done the right thing in every aspect.

Which whilst nice, does mean I am F5ing continually in me gmail inbox just waiting for that code so I can dive in.

I do agree its the best release so far, but (attempting to give constructive feedback here rather than complain), my current feeling is that a number of screens have been cluttered unnecessarily for the sake of 'progress'. It may well be they show a lot more useful information and are therefore objectively 'better' but I often see just a wash of information I can't really be bothered looking at. I'm willing to accept this is partly from playing in 4k (although I zoom to 175%) and partly because the screens are new and haven't yet adjusted to them after how clean FM15 was, but that is my gut feeling at this time.

That said, things like the contract offer screen I feel have been made worse, with a big list of options being less helpful than the previous sectioned screen (willing to be educated on how to use screen properly though)

Back to a ridiculous amount of injuries again sigh......7 first team players injured in the second week of play lol

Keep an eye on it. Once again, the feeling (backed up by several season long tests in many leagues) is that the overall volume of injuries is about right, but if anything the incidence rate of long term injuries is lower than in real life. Should your injuries persist, then please upload a save to the Bugs Forum and SI will take a look.

Its a pity about the know bug with kit styles in Create a Club, it'll mean my career save may have to wait until its fixed hopefully in any potential release day patch.

I have to agree with the people who don't like the screen bluring out when a "pop up" screen/box comes up, it makes me feel uncomfortable. We really need an option to disable that.

I don't know if this is new to FM16, but I like the combined Match Sharpness/Condition column in squad view. Also it looks like there is a column that allows you to change the players role and duty from the squad selection screen, I don't know how useful that is but if swapping between players with different play styles should mean less clicks.

The tactics screen may have its detractors mainly because of blobs rather than shirts, but the increased functionality is a very good trade off.

Just because you don't like the look of it doesn't mean you can make stuff up about instructions being removed :D

researcher? :)

I'm happy that they didn't go overboard with features and decided to do some fluff that wouldn't impact the game that much. And I'm even happier that they made the previous features work, albeit I haven't heard much about the IWB.

Where is Shrew when you need him?

I'm finding a lot of useful information on the analysis tab. However, it seems to be a unwieldy. Hard to move around from player to player when looking at various stats. The area that shows the player's numbered dots should also have a heading above the graphic chart for name of player and what stat you are looking at. Easy to forgot exactly what you asked for.

Should be able to untick a player and tick the next guy without a big black box popping up. The stat that you requested for the first player should remain for the 2nd player AND the heading above the graphic would indicate name of 2nd player and stat you are looking at.

One issue I've had with the me for a while now, and it seems worse if anything this version is deflections. It's as if the engine doesn't treat players as 3d object the ball can bounce off in a number of directions, the ball virtually always goes back in the same direction in came, as if players are flat. It makes pot shots in a crowded penalty area a waste of time, and the fact players can't seem to curl the ball around opponents make it even worse.

I've never seen anyone else bring it up, though, so I suppose it's just me.

The description of the IWB differs and his movement is now more akin to an IF. So, when the team is in possession but the player himself is not, he will stay wide, but when he himself gets the ball, he should cut infield if there is space to do so.

Ah, ok. I guess doing as exemplified by Shrew created too many issues or it was hard to code without breaking/rewriting other things. Good to know :)

Thanks RT.

I notice or maybe just couldn't see it but are there no player instructions in this game, just team instructions in tactics, if this is right, I'm happy about that as team instructions were always all we needed, player instructions come when they are training for a particular position.

I notice or maybe just couldn't see it but are there no player instructions in this game, just team instructions in tactics, if this is right, I'm happy about that as team instructions were always all we needed, player instructions come when they are training for a particular position.

xbJla8F.png

edit sorry I don't know why my picture so huge

xbJla8F.png

edit sorry I don't know why my picture so huge

Thanks for that, couldn't find it anywhere, maybe I should leave it as my team are playing really well :)

Edit: Noticed when I went into tactics nearly all player instructions were done, just a couple to change if necessary, so I assume the main tactics cover most of the player instructions already, which is a good idea.

I didn't ask about results, I asked about fixtures. Is calendar also covered by licensing?

I do have an assistant manager. I'm not sure what doesn't sound correct to you - existence of the function or greying out of the function? What is this function supposed to do?

the fact that it is greyed out, definitely one to report as a bug.

well as every year full of bug and lots of gimmick since we beta test your game and pay for it ( suckers ) I am sure by xmas will be playable, well done SI another bug ridden game.
Si, please ignore the moron above ;)

Thankfully, we all ignore morons like that, and thankfully, every year they are becoming a dying breed..

No-one has any issue with anyone who isn't enjoying the game, but for the love of all that's good, tell the rest of us exactly why, and more importantly, in a constructive manner where we can all see where we can help improve the game.

Constructive criticism means constructive discussion on the subject at hand, I mean my god, be thankful SI are asking for feedback and wanting to improve. They could be EA, who put out the same damn product without a care in the world for their fans.

This sort of rubbish annoys the hell out of me.. too lazy to even explain what they have an issue with.

/rant I promise.

I'm not in game right now, but is it not in preferences?

Edit: Yep, Preferences > Interface, bottom right.

Have now added via preferences - many thanks. Pity you can't overlay proper picture on customisable touchline manager.........

Not sure if this is the right place to post but this is something that was already happening in FM15 and it's still on in FM16, I know people have mentioned it in the wishlist thread but I am hoping you guys could fix it for the game release in two weeks.

The issue is about the scroll bar when looking at the player's lists provided by the scouts. Until FM15, if the scroll bar was dragged up or down, the list also moved; with FM15 and now FM16 we have to release the mouse or go for the page down / page up keyboard which is very annoying and really not practical.

Thanks

anyone ?

Archived