Football Manager 2016 - Official Beta Feedback

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators
When I set my screen size to maximised borderless windowed, it just looks like normal full screen to me, I don't have windows tray down on the screen. Is it supposed to be like this, or should I raise this to bugs forum?

Raise it in the UI section of the bugs forum please. Thanks.

So far after playing nearly a full season (a large part of that on unemployed and on holiday) I have the following positives and negatives.

+ The new avatar is a laugh and adds a little extra immersion (even if they look scary as hell)

+ The column view issue in FM15 seems to have been corrected

+ I like the added advice from staff on potential ways to play against your next opponent...seems a nice touch

+ The contact negotiation screen seems a lot less cluttered and is a lot tidier

+ The ME seems to be altogether more balanced at this stage of development than in previous versions where you would get a lot of crazy scorelines which would get patched out in time (this of course is based on my limited experience of the game and also playing a non exploiting type tactic)

+ The increased number of animations in the ME is noticeable and appreciated

+ The visual representation of team instructions is great and so also for the set pieces

+ The training module seems a lot more clean (individual training)

+ Like the ability to start the season at different times within a nation

+ Stadiums and surrounding areas look much better and appreciate the little touches (player names on banners)

+ Like that you no longer have to schedule a season of friendlies for reserves if they don't play in a league

+ Like how it's now possible to see the additive effect of instructions and see preset instructions for the roles of players before adding, this will make for better tactic creation and less confusion over exactly what you are instructing your players to do which is great and will alleviate a lot of frustration

- Where is the facial hair for avatars? Or glasses for that matter if you wanted to go for the Klopp look

- The constant blurring of the background (can this be turned off?)

- The red highlighting of inbox items

- The resetting of certain settings on restart (I turned off flashing commentary and confirmed and it worked as expected in the ME, I then exited and came back into the game and it had be turned on again)

- The save speed appears to be quite a bit slower than FM15 and this is at the start of the career

- I don't like the new tactics screen at all and it looks quite clunky (I prefer the shirts), it may be functional but I still feel it's a backwards step

- Sometimes the transitions between animations is a bit jerky and it can appear to 'jump'

- Don't like that your job can become very insecure when not staying within wage budget especially if the deficit was racked up before you entered the club and you can do nothing to improve the situation

- Don't know why the 'during highlights' stats box was split into two. Can I have it the way it was last year. Player name, injury status, body language, rating and condition was all in the one box and took up less space

- Don't like the grey text against a slightly darker grey in the finances screen and the colours used (seem overly bright)

- The player attribute screen seems awfully cluttered with perhaps too much information right off the bat

- Some of the injuries are really strange, I know in real life that Andy Wilkinson (Stoke) had a serious head injury but according to my save game he has a facial injury and he's out for 14-16 months which seems a bit excessive since he's already been out for 10 months from 1/7/2015.

All the other features such as fantasy draft, touch, prozone, create a club I haven't tested.

• SI Staff

- Don't know why the 'during highlights' stats box was split into two.

This is to allow you to see not just how your team is performing and more statistics in-between but you can now line up both teams statistics and see how the opposition is faring, allowing you to counter any threats.

• SI Staff

not sure if this should happen but.

Singed Mbemba from Newcastle as Man Utd, and failed to get a Work Permit due to his countries ranking.

a player at Newcastle WITH a work permit failing to get a work permit when transferred in the same country?

Thanks for the information.

The work permit rules in England have recently changed and these changes have been reflected in game, however the rules are now less black and white than they were previously and so we are still tweaking them to make it as accurate as possible in game. Although it is possible for something like this to happen in real life, it shouldn't be happening to someone who recently was given a work permit under the new rules. We will have a look into Mbemba and try to make things more realistic.

Thanks for the information.

The work permit rules in England have changed and these changes have been reflected in game, however the rules are now less black and white than they were previously and so we are still tweaking them to make it as accurate as possible in game. Although it is possible for something like this to happen in real life, it shouldn't be happening to someone who recently was given a work permit under the new rules. We will have a look into Mbemba and try to make things more realistic.

I don't disagree with what you are saying, but it wasn't that long ago in Scotland the reverse happened - Jason Scotland was refused a Work Permit at Dundee Utd and got one at St. Johnstone a fortnight or so later

Please be more specific. There were 3 steps to try. What did you do?

All three. Cleared the cache from the library-> Application support-> Sports interactive -> FM2016. Then after it didn't seem to work, i did the steam method as well, the verify cache files option aswell. Finally, even though i did not have any issues with the other aspects of the 3D ME, i reduced the quality and still the black ball.

In game issues include;

when assistant manager is giving suggestions when i click on them to apply they disappear but when you click on the speech bubble they are still saying make changes.

The AI of goalkeepers is horrendous there seems to be a common correlation to keepers letting in on average 4 goals a game

Started the game and within 2 games had over 7 injuries majority for over 2 months

/Users/Jakemeister/Desktop/Screen Shot 2015-10-28 at 23.33.39.png

/Users/Jakemeister/Desktop/Screen Shot 2015-10-28 at 23.34.56.png

• Administrators
I don't disagree with what you are saying, but it wasn't that long ago in Scotland the reverse happened - Jason Scotland was refused a Work Permit at Dundee Utd and got one at St. Johnstone a fortnight or so later

That was 10 years ago - the rules have changed considerably since then.

All three. Cleared the cache from the library-> Application support-> Sports interactive -> FM2016. Then after it didn't seem to work, i did the steam method as well, the verify cache files option aswell. Finally, even though i did not have any issues with the other aspects of the 3D ME, i reduced the quality and still the black ball.

Then it's worth stating this in the linked thread.

My two pence:

1) Don't like the blurry background at all when a new box comes up (proceed to match for example). Hurts my eyes.

2) Small thing but after the first game a stat came up saying a team was very leaky 'conceding two goals in one matches (sic)'

3) When you say your team will win the league, you get asked questions in the third person before answering in the third person - "I think we'll win the league" "Why them?" "Because they have a good squad"

4) I can't find where you make the matchday info boxes more transparent. At the moment they're taking up quite a lot of the screen and I can't see through them.

5) I may have missed something but I'm pretty sure the match camera is automatically resetting to Director at the start of each game.

I'm not a computer expert, but I have my i7 4790k slightly OCd. It probably isn't the finest OCing, but it is stable and idles at 35 never going above 80 in any other game. FM sends it up to 88/90 during some spells of processing. FM15 did the same to be honest.

Probably the wrong place but anyone have any idea of anything that can be done? I don't suppose FM have a setting to limit CPU usage even if it means a slower game or anything like that?

well, remove OC...

Intel had set higher Vcore on Haswell CPU than needed, enter BIOS and set 3-5% less Vcore than default(this can have a different name in various mobos) test for stability with some cpu test(prime95 all three test for at least half an hour, the longer, the better)

you can limit with task manager fm.exe to use 4/(5/6) out of 8 threads, right click set affinity, uncheck some ticks(either even or odd)

In game issues include;

when assistant manager is giving suggestions when i click on them to apply they disappear but when you click on the speech bubble they are still saying make changes.

The AI of goalkeepers is horrendous there seems to be a common correlation to keepers letting in on average 4 goals a game

Started the game and within 2 games had over 7 injuries majority for over 2 months

I am sorry but I've played 8 games last night and the scorelines were: 2-0, 3-1, 1-0 , 3-2, 1-0, 3-1, 2-0, 2-2. this on average means 2.8gpg. Real life stat was 2.7gpg in Italy last season.(I'm playing in Italy btw)

Injuries..I had two injuries..both were 4-5days minor injuries.

So there you go..

Btw..I don't know if I had not found it or if it was removed, but is there any way to see a players contract when negotiating a new one with him. Just to see how much did he earn in his former club, so you have some kind of benchmark for negotiating?

Maybe I'm just missing it, but on the screen where you offer a contract to a player, it no longer shows on that screen your remaining wage budget so you can judge whether his wage demands are going to be acceptable for your team. I'm sure it used to show this on FM15

It should be there on the "Information" subpanel if you open it up in the bottom of the screen.

Is it intended that you have to save your game every time you start a new one? I'm just testing a few things out at the moment as opposed to properly getting started, and it's a bit annoying having to save with every new start. The 'cancel' option is greyed out when the save prompt comes up.

• Administrators
Is it intended that you have to save your game every time you start a new one? I'm just testing a few things out at the moment as opposed to properly getting started, and it's a bit annoying having to save with every new start. The 'cancel' option is greyed out when the save prompt comes up.

Yes that's by design. In the past people have failed to save the game at the start which means auto save can't work. This has then caused them a problem later down the line.

From a testing perspective, as a member of QA, yes it is a bit annoying. :D But from a user perspective it will make sure nobody gets caught out.

Yes that's by design. In the past people have failed to save the game at the start which means auto save can't work. This has then caused them a problem later down the line.

From a testing perspective, as a member of QA, yes it is a bit annoying. :D But from a user perspective it will make sure nobody gets caught out.

Okay no problem then. Yeah it won't pose a problem once I actually get started, I was just curious if I'd ran into a bug more than anything. Cheers :thup:

Enjoying it so far.

This is one of those awkward 'is it an issue, or does it reflect reality' things.

Started as Manchester United: bid for Stefan di Vrij for £25m (accepted), but he refused to consider personal terms. Week later he signs for Chelsea for £20m; bid for John Stones, accepted and offer him £130k a week, with very strong incentives (including big cut of future transfer fee) and huge bonuses. He chooses Arsenal for £80k a week.

Argument to be made that both teams are stronger on the pitch that United right now, but it feels like I have to go the extra mile to keep a player from my rivals. Anyone else finding this is the case?

I can only go on previous versions AZ, but it was the case that even though it seemed like they offered considerably less, it doesn't show the incentives etc of the contract, so in fact, they may well be offering more or at least on par with what your offer was..

Four things:

1) Player exchange is still completely unusable - I don't even understand how it's supposed to work. The AI seems to completely ignore any part exchanged player when bidding for one of theirs. But if you suggest a part exchange player for one of yours they recognise it? Mystifying.

2) Switching from one tactic to another and then back completely ruins the player positions STILL - it's unbearably frustrating.

3) I like how once a clause is set in a bid, it stays there for future bids - more realistic, great! However, if a loan back clause is put in and the player doesn't want to be loaned back, it's impossible to then make a deal happen.

4) The stats and analysis stuff is exquisite.

I have a good feeling the full release is gonna be incredible, very excited.

This is to allow you to see not just how your team is performing and more statistics in-between but you can now line up both teams statistics and see how the opposition is faring, allowing you to counter any threats.

Which is unfortunate for me as I need to use both sides to convey the same information which was available with one in FM15 meaning I don't get the opportunity to see how the opposition is faring.

In game issues include;

I think you just tried to link to screenshots directly on your PC? :D

It doesn't work like that - you have to upload them to an image hosting site like photo bucket or image shack etc. Then post the link here :)

Something I've noticed that I don't like / might be a bug...

I've changed the preferences for the player screen to go straight onto their attributes as default.

My players, the players in squads in my league and all higher leagues now have by default, the 'selected role' key attributes highlighted.

This is not the same for lesser team players.

I want this OFF for ALL players, I hate seeing attributes highlighted unless I've deliberately done it myself.

Bug or just my mistake?

• SI Staff
Btw..I don't know if I had not found it or if it was removed, but is there any way to see a players contract when negotiating a new one with him. Just to see how much did he earn in his former club, so you have some kind of benchmark for negotiating?

You should be able to click on the 'existing contract' tab which appears just below the agent speech bubble in order to see what he's currently on.

• SI Staff

1) Player exchange is still completely unusable - I don't even understand how it's supposed to work. The AI seems to completely ignore any part exchanged player when bidding for one of theirs. But if you suggest a part exchange player for one of yours they recognise it? Mystifying.

Could you start a thread on your issue here - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/516-Transfers-Contracts-and-Scouting-Issues

When doing so could you elaborate on who you are managing and specific details of the exchange you are attempting (team managing, players involved)

Cheers,

Ben

• SI Staff

+ The ME seems to be altogether more balanced at this stage of development than in previous versions where you would get a lot of crazy scorelines which would get patched out in time (this of course is based on my limited experience of the game and also playing a non exploiting type tactic)

This. Really noticeable compared to previous versions.

I am sorry but I've played 8 games last night and the scorelines were: 2-0, 3-1, 1-0 , 3-2, 1-0, 3-1, 2-0, 2-2. this on average means 2.8gpg. Real life stat was 2.7gpg in Italy last season.(I'm playing in Italy btw)

Injuries..I had two injuries..both were 4-5days minor injuries.

So there you go..

I'm with you here, scored a bundle 1st few pre season game but then I always have 2-3 games against pretty weak opposition so as to let the team gel, then make the games harder as they get nearer the start of the season. Harder games scoring less and defence making the odd error which they will do IRL but nothing buggy or anything, Played my 1st competitive game which I won 4-2 but had to come back from 1-2 down by making changes, all seems pretty normal as I play as Hibs and it was against Dumbarton who we actually beat 4-2 just the other week in the league, so pretty bang on.

Match Screen

In the team feedback window - players who have been substituted are not being replaced in the 'First XI' players. ie. their feedback remains visible even though they are not on the pitch.

Good spot. If you haven't done so already, could you please create a bug report?

This looks like a decent place to put it: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/509-User-Interface-Issues

• SI Staff
Can't remember if this was the case in previous FM's but, I signed a player when my team were a day or two into a training camp but there was no way for me to include him into the camp. Would be useful to be able to add him considering the there was so much time left

Have tried this here and when signing a player during a training camp the news item reporting the signing of the player has a 'Add to Training Camp Squad' button at the bottom? Did this not happen for you?

If not please report this in the Bugs forum, including who you were managing and who you had signed. Thanks.

Just a small thing. The Prozone news bar when the game is processing, white writing on a light green background is hard to see. Change the writing or the bar to a darker colour.

I quite like it how it is to be honest - but that is no reason for them not to add in more options for its colouring in the layout (unless the prozone license requires those colours)

Yes, legal reasons prevent I from using real life results in unlicensed competition, has been this was since FM13.

I didn't ask about results, I asked about fixtures. Is calendar also covered by licensing?

That dosn't sound correct, have you reported this in the UI section?

My best guess is that you do not have an assistant manager which is incorrectly telling the UI to disable to function.

I do have an assistant manager. I'm not sure what doesn't sound correct to you - existence of the function or greying out of the function? What is this function supposed to do?

I've found a goalkeeper I'm interested in, who also players as a striker (natural), yet he has no technical attributes listed. I've tried to access through different screen but with no luck.

Sounds like a potential data / research issue. Could you please raise this in the relevant thread in this section?:

http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/504-Database-and-Research-Issues

Archived