Football Manager 2016 - Official Beta Feedback

Hi!

On second seasons pre-season didnt follow totally through it, but atleast during last 4 games 'tactical familiarity' didnt rise at all on 'marking' and stayed on 33 all the time. Did have match training set to full and 'match tactics' selected. Also have coach set to 'tactics' training with 3,5 stars.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've played a fair bit before giving this feedback because I wanted to see if I got used to it.

But I really don't like the new interface on the players screens or the match tactics. It's way too busy and the colour schemes are jarring.

• SI Staff
Are there anyone else playing with all leagues loaded and as playable?

If so, do you notice that the save-file is fairly big just after a short time?

I'm in August 2017 now and the file is already at 315MB.

The size is increasing with around 100MB per season/year.

On an average the file size increased about 22MB per season/year on FM15.

Don't know the actual number as i didn't take real-time notice of it on FM15.

But i played around 45-50 seasons in FM15 and the file ended up being on 1GB.

I can imagine this might become a problem.

If i play as much of FM16 as i played FM15 the save file will be around 4-5GB.

That would be an extremely large file.

Please raise it in the bugs forum with details about your savegame setup (mode, leagues, db size etc) and we can investigate.

For the Dutch national -21 and -19 team the wrong managers are appointed. This should be Aron Winter for the -19 squad and Fred Grim for the -21 squad. Also the supporting staff is not fully updated. Hopefully this can be reviewed for the final database!

For the Dutch national -21 and -19 team the wrong managers are appointed. This should be Aron Winter for the -19 squad and Fred Grim for the -21 squad. Also the supporting staff is not fully updated. Hopefully this can be reviewed for the final database!

Please report it in the correct section here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/437302-Holland-(Official)-Data-Issues

Don't forget to include proof of your claim.

Three issues:

1) please stop the away banners drapping BOTH the ends of my stadium, it can't be and it's really disturbing when watching the 3d game

2) please tell me something about the 'hidden attributes' filter: it comes and go randomly, and even when the 'hidden attributes' are available ad a searching filter, it doesn't run,

3) just played a friendly, the opposite team had 77% possession since it's GK didn't kick the ball after and offside and they just stood still for around 40 minutes...

There seems to have been some work done on development curves and attribute deterioration. I have a winger in my team who will soon turn 34. The guy started with acceleration 12, pace 14. Twenty months later he still has the exact same attributes. This is really nice because in some of the older FMs this player would have been using a walking frame by now. It's nice if some older players can physically survive into mid thirties now instead of their attributes falling off a cliff the second they turn 30.

• SI Staff
There seems to have been some work done on development curves and attribute deterioration. I have a winger in my team who will soon turn 34. The guy started with acceleration 12, pace 14. Twenty months later he still has the exact same attributes. This is really nice because in some of the older FMs this player would have been using a walking frame by now. It's nice if some older players can physically survive into mid thirties now instead of their attributes falling off a cliff the second they turn 30.

Hey Aktsjon Mann,

I would be interested in knowing who this player is... :)

Cheers,

Seb.

I have just played the first games since I downloaded and installed the update yesterday.

I had no issues previously but now, actually during a match, the processing seems very slow, (which seems a little different to the speed issues that others were complaining about).

It's fine when the game is actually showing a highlight, but when there is no highlight being shown then the game is running much slower than it should do.

Increasing the match speed between highlights seems to have no impact whatsoever.

Am I the only person experiencing this? It's pants. :(

[Edit]

It seems to be stalling at 15 second intervals and jumping directly to the next one. Usually the clock actually runs, (or did up till now).

I have just played the first games since I downloaded and installed the update yesterday.

I had no issues previously but now, actually during a match, the processing seems very slow, (which seems a little different to the speed issues that others were complaining about).

It's fine when the game is actually showing a highlight, but when there is no highlight being shown then the game is running much slower than it should do.

Increasing the match speed between highlights seems to have no impact whatsoever.

[Edit]

It seems to be stalling at 15 second intervals and jumping directly to the next one. Usually the clock actually runs, (or did up till now).

Report it in the technical issues section so it can get seen to, please. :thup:

No chance of a 1 week beta for the editor so we can iron out any bugs in that product? Even with a no players option when loading the database, we'd be happy.

Miles has said (on Twitter) that the editor won't be available during the Beta.

During a match I have 2 different windows open on screen.

1 shows my teams body language and the other shows my team performance.

When I substitute a player, he remains in position in these windows, and I now have to scroll down to look at the sub info. Surely it can't have been designed this way?

If I am looking at the stats screen that appears in the middle between highlights, well if a player is substituted then that simply replaces the original player line with the sub player line and everything is fine and dandy. Why do something that makes it awkward when the existing system works well?

[Edit]

Actually what I described above isn;t accurate.

Body language works as above, (so is wrong).

Performance works as it should do.

I've just checked and it's just the body language, (home and away).

I am trying to create a friendly against either my U20's or U18's.

When I go to schedule I find create friendly at the bottom. (No problem).

I click on that and rather than being taken to a the date on the schedule that I wish to choose, I am now on what seems to be a 4-week diary system.

If I click on either the U20's or the U18's then I am moved to the proper schedule screen for them, but that screen is no longer available for the senior squad. Is this something I have done myself somehow in the settings or is it meant to look this way?

apart from the odd bit here and there I am not seeing to many bugs as of yet, only got 63 hours logged so far and fallout hits so I will be on that. but overall at the risk of being a brown nose good work so far.

Miles has said (on Twitter) that the editor won't be available during the Beta.

That's very much a shame, as the game is not the only product that has issues at launch. The beta is great at spotting these issues, so it should be extended to the editor (as I mentioned, if the player data is what is holding SI back from releasing the editor with the beta, they should be able to include a Load database with no players option). I'll be sure to check on launch, but this is something that I think should change going forward as there are many people who use the editor to make files for others to use with the game.

I've just about finished my 1st season with Liverpool and noticed the big teams (Chelsea, City, Utd Arsenal and Liverpool) seem to overpowered. In reality the Prem is quite a competitive league, the top 5 breezed through the season.

No it isn't. These teams are always in the top four or five. Every single year.

The Premier League competitive? LOL.

A small reminder to FM family. Time is the most valuable thing! Thanks for the hard work and improvements that you brought to the game but every upgrade you make, the time we spend in the game is increasing. More backroom advice, more news, more questions, more details. This is getting out of control and after a while it will be exhausting. So please work more on convenience and practical side of the game. What I mean with that 1 click should cover 1 million click sometimes. For example, in the tactic screen, when we click on a player icon, 'Description' tab is still first showing up but not 'Important Attributes'. If we click 'Important Attributes' tab, it remains on that each time you open up a different player's instructions panel yes BUT only for that moment. When you leave the tactic screen and come back it changes to 'Description' tab again. So every match day or every time I go in tactic screen, I have to click to 'Important Attributes' again and again. Please make it in a way that when we click once, it should saves for the rest of the game. This way is more convenient and practical. It was just one example! Still have a lot work to do to make FM fans save some time for another match! :)

I believe the gulf in quality isn't as big as it once was say 3 to 5 years ago.

The gulf is still there, even with Chelsea struggling at the moment most people still seem to think they will finish in the top 4.

Regardless of that the top 4 will still have Man Utd, Man City and Arsenal, if Chelsea don't make it then maybe 1 of the teams that always knock on the door, ala Liverpool or Spurs will get the 4th spot.

The gulf is still pretty big and won't change anytime soon.

Players are dithering on the ball far too much. My instructions are to play with high tempo and dribble often, but all my players are dithering on the ball. This is losing possession in midfield and allowing defenders to close down when my strikers should be shooting when through on goal. None of the players doing this continually have the PPM dwels on ball or stops game.

Also offsides are too common. I am playing to get people in behind but I'm offside 10+ times a game which is unrealistic.

Also offsides are too common. I am playing to get people in behind but I'm offside 10+ times a game which is unrealistic.

If it's happening a lot, reports in the bugs forum would be appreciated. 10+ offsides per game is either hyperbole, tactical or a genuine bug:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/437124-Reporting-a-Match-Engine-Problem

[Edit]

I've had the exact same thing since launch and I've seen it on streams and let's plays as well.

I have found a workaround though... If you switch from full to split view it goes infinitely faster. It's not ideal as you can't see your widgets but it's works for now. Just switch between them as you go from highlight to highlight.

I found a minor glitch in "Staff Search": results not always respect filters. For example, I want a scout with 20 JPA, and my results show people with 12-16 JPA... Hope this is the right place to post a glitch feedback.

I found a minor glitch in "Staff Search": results not always respect filters. For example, I want a scout with 20 JPA, and my results show people with 12-16 JPA... Hope this is the right place to post a glitch feedback.

i think this was an issue even in FM15, i solve it by Always making the search from scratch, it occurred (to me) when you changed the filters of a search to make another search

a positive note: it seems that finally tactics count!!! for the first time in a long FM career, I ask my players to play the offside trap and they actually do, and with some result!!! in the last match my players went offside 2 times, the opposite 10 times, good job mates!!!

a positive note: it seems that finally tactics count!!! for the first time in a long FM career, I ask my players to play the offside trap and they actually do, and with some result!!! in the last match my players went offside 2 times, the opposite 10 times, good job mates!!!

This was always the case, it's not like SI sold a game for so many years were tactics were irrelevant !

Fiddling through the screens for 2 days and admiring how well information is presented, really great job SI!!!!

2 major issues badly influencing UX:

Tactics screen / Player / Edit Instructions

In comes new layer with blurry background (not the big fan of blurry bg, darker bg would be much better) and player attributes are nowhere to be found (except 10px tiny (i) icon next to player name). Critical mistake for me, ruining experience. Attributes must be visible all the time when assigning specific instructions. Mouse over on fiddly icon is really annoying and unnecessary mouse movement.

Tactics screen / Player

Preferred moves not displayed under the player attributes. Again, absolutely necessary piece of information missing.

2 minor issues badly influencing UX:

• (i) icon next to player name should have a field with preferred moves
  • Legendary "Squares vs Shirts" dispute. I presented few mock ups before, proving that adopting shirts to tactical screen is just a matter of aesthetics and squares serve no better purpose than shirts. Glad to be proven right, I hope moders will take it to consideration.

Overall, fantastic experience so far, KUTGW SI!

I'm finding even my fastest, highest technique and dribbling rated players - (Memphis and Martial) find it impossible to take a through ball in their stride. They just stumble on the ball and allow the defender to get back at them. I've not once seen a player race through on goal from a through ball, for or against me.

Also, direct free-kicks. I haven't seen one on target yet.

Tactics screen / Player / Edit Instructions

In comes new layer with blurry background (not the big fan of blurry bg, darker bg would be much better) and player attributes are nowhere to be found (except 10px tiny (i) icon next to player name). Critical mistake for me, ruining experience. Attributes must be visible all the time when assigning specific instructions. Mouse over on fiddly icon is really annoying and unnecessary mouse movement.

Go to Preference > Interface and set "Display players attributes on" to Click

Now when you click on the little i in Player Instructions the player attributes pop up stays open until you click on something. Its not perfect and covers up some of the instructions but might be of some use.

Perhaps being able to move that pop up and set it to stay open until we move screens or close it manually in a future FM could be possible.

• Legendary "Squares vs Shirts" dispute. I presented few mock ups before, proving that adopting shirts to tactical screen is just a matter of aesthetics and squares serve no better purpose than shirts. Glad to be proven right, I hope moders will take it to consideration.

Sorry, but until someone actually does this you've proven nothing. Mockups are just photoshopped pictures, even I could use phtotshop to make a pretty picture but I have no clu how to mode the UI.

And to be honest if SI couldn't get it to work I'm pretty sure that a modder won't make a very aesthetically pleasing shirt alternative withotu losing some functionality.

Archived