Football Manager 2016 - Official Beta Feedback

Dave... I don't mind getting yellow cards but im currently at december 6th in my save in the 1st year and my team has already gotten 61 yellow cards in 27 games is a bit much.. Im not sure if its a issure or not but ive hear some people on youtube say that they have been on forums and said it was a bug type thing so not sure if it is or not just was giving my two cents thats all

Sorry to be a party pooper, but you average 2.25 yellow cards per game. Why is that unrealistic?

As you can see from the statistics from the Premier League this season in real life, Tottenham has 27 yellow cards from 12 games, which is the same ratio as you. Several other clubs have 26 yellows.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dont know if its been mentioned yet but Aguirre for Udinese is available for free since the last patch? Well he is on my new watford save. Good youngester with 4 star potential ability and a black star so potentially a 5 star PA youngster, i dont think they'd let him go for nothing. Scout report said £0, thought maybe the scout had got it wrong it'd glitched but i enquired and they come back saying they didnt want anything for him. I know on my first save before the recent patch he wasnt free.

There is a link between Watford and Udinese IRL and I remember Miles saying that the link has been added to FM16, so perhaps that is why he is free if you're managing Watford.

Although IRL Watford have paid Udinese for their players, so there may still be a bug there.

You're not going to get a straight answer out of that until someone starts one of the benchmarking threads again. Processing speed is massively subjective, and unless someone's sitting with a stopwatch it isn't going to be quantifiable. You're also very unlikely to get someone with the exact same specs and situation as you, so can't get any specific answer to how it'll run with you.

Personally, I'm not noticing it any slower or quicker than it was in FM15. But then I'm not running a setup that I used on FM15, so have no means of comparison.

Thats a fancy answer.

Im sure the older versions used to mention, improved processing speed as a feature, but I cant see it on here.

Spec wise I have no problems, im more thinking if its not optimised and is running like a dog on a machine it shouldnt. Not the matches, I dont do them, but the clicking, changing screens, transfer deadline day, busy matchdays... sometimes they would bottle up for no good reason (based on PC spec). FM15 I found fine, so im hoping nothing major has cropped up for 16.

In terms of a more noticeable slow down, not say going from 1 to 3 seconds, but like 1 to 20/30 seconds for example. But if you havent seen any change, then thats a positive start and I dont notice any real complaints about it, so im assuming its all good to go.

This is just me faffing about pre-purchase, I do it with all games I want.... I know im going to buy it, its in my Steam cart right now, but I like to feel like im thinking about it, when in reality id give Miles my card and pin number every November :D

The blurred screen in the background is an absolute disaster for me. I am used to playing the game for 6/7 hour sessions, but on the Beta I have to stop after 90 minutes or so because the blurred screen gives me a headache and makes me feel like I have motion sickness. Why Why Why?

Please can we have this as an option that can be turned off?

The background is blurred as the user should be concentrating on the forefront pop-up, as they will be interacting with this. The user's eye shouldn't be looking/distracted by the background image or text.

Hi Tom - realise you've replied to this point. Is there a way of turning this off? I understand your logic, but it makes me feel sick after I've been playing for over an hour. Surely this is something that can be an option?

Thats a fancy answer.

And it's the most accurate. If it was running on PS4, then it might be easier, as everyone is running the same kit. But we're not. And speed is still a completely subjective point.

People are happy to load every league FM has up, and play like that, even though it's "slow". If someone who usually loads a handful of leagues did the same, and then both people were asked to rate speed of processing on a scale of 1-10, I'd imagine they'd say two different ones.

Im sure the older versions used to mention, improved processing speed as a feature, but I cant see it on here.

Spec wise I have no problems, im more thinking if its not optimised and is running like a dog on a machine it shouldnt. Not the matches, I dont do them, but the clicking, changing screens, transfer deadline day, busy matchdays... sometimes they would bottle up for no good reason (based on PC spec). FM15 I found fine, so im hoping nothing major has cropped up for 16.

In terms of a more noticeable slow down, not say going from 1 to 3 seconds, but like 1 to 20/30 seconds for example. But if you havent seen any change, then thats a positive start and I dont notice any real complaints about it, so im assuming its all good to go.

This is just me faffing about pre-purchase, I do it with all games I want.... I know im going to buy it, its in my Steam cart right now, but I like to feel like im thinking about it, when in reality id give Miles my card and pin number every November :D

I haven't noticed any differences in those areas, but that's not to say there aren't any. If something went from 1-3 seconds to 20-30 seconds, I imagine a lot of people would have seen it, and it'd be reported. If you've got a decent specced machine, then you'll be able to load a fair few leagues and players without noticing too much slowdown I imagine. But as always, the more you load, the slower it'll get.

The blurred screen in the background is an absolute disaster for me. I am used to playing the game for 6/7 hour sessions, but on the Beta I have to stop after 90 minutes or so because the blurred screen gives me a headache and makes me feel like I have motion sickness. Why Why Why?

Please can we have this as an option that can be turned off?

I think it looks quite stylish..don't have a problem with blurr.

Some feedback after several experimental saves of three months each; several with Man Utd, and one each with Newcastle, Southampton, Middlesbrough and Derby.

Definitely feels like there are more shots hitting the woodwork. In my most recent Derby save, in 20 games we hit the woodwork in every single match and I'm only watching key highlights, and I haven't kept track of opposition instances (although I can recall quite a few). In a Man Utd save I was twice asked by the media about hitting the woodwork four times in a match.

Although the 3D engine is looking better, and generally great, there are still a few things that drive me nuts. Specifically, forwards still attempting far too many shots from impossible angles; the inability of defenders to deal with crosses; and general muppetry from goalkeepers who won't tip a shot around the post or over the bar, instead knocking it down for an opposition player to tap in. Oh, and keepers who bend down to collect a rocket of a shot as if it was a backpass and have it go straight through their hands. And fullbacks who, regardless of mentality or role, marking or closing down instructions, go walkabout in the middle of the penalty area leaving wingers and overlapping fullbacks in acres of space.

I haven't generally seen the level of player complaints that some have mentioned, although I did have one prime example: At Man Utd, Fellaini starts the season with a three-match suspension. On his first game available I brought him on as a sub to get his match sharpness up, then started him in the following game, in the course of which he perpetrates an insane two-footed lunge from behind on an opponent and is promptly red-carded and earns another three-match suspension. Immediately after that ban, he comes complaining that he's not getting enough first-team football!?

On the whole, though, FM16 looks like a solid upgrade and I'm looking forward to the full release - and to finding a tactic that works (my two most successful tactics in Fm15 appear to be ineffective in this version!)

Hi Staff of SI,

Wish to check with regards to 3D Match Highlights using Zoomed Vertical Scrolling camera.

Currently with FM2016, the view is as such:

FC%20Barcelona%20v%20Sevilla_%20Pitch%20Full_zpsibcojhwp.png

Whereas, with FM2015, the view is as such:

Maribor%20v%20Barcelona_%20Pitch%20Full_zpsgbpjdkxi.png

My query is, will the view stays as what we have in the current form or it'll revert to FM2015 Zoomed Vertical Scrolling camera..?

As for me, i'd prefer that it'll revert back to the FM2015 because it's more focus without the fans. I find that the fans are distracting the action on the pitch.

I hope that my query is easily understood.

Thank you.

which leagues have you loaded?

I've loaded Argentina, Belgium, Brazil, England, France, Germany, Italy, Mexico, Netherlands, Spain as active leagues with a medium database ( roundabout 50.000 players)

For a better illustration I've uploaded four screenshots.

The problem I want to illustrate is that the scouting results seems to be wrong.

Even if I have 100% knowledge in a country like in serbia or norway I'm almost unable to find any local players.

In FM 15 with 100% knowledge I could for example see all the players of Partizan or Rosenborg.

First screenshot: the loaded leagues as you can see from NATIONS on the right

Staff_Job_Security.png

Second screenshot: my actual scouting knowledge. As you can see I've got complete knowledge of serbia and norway. Also my scandinavian knowledge is very good.

Scouting_Knowledge.png

Third screenshot: Results for searching a striker in scandinavia. 95% of the strikers are from south america :)

Scouting.png

Fourth screenshot: The team sheet for the first team of Partizan Belgrad.

Imho it looks rather strange.

FK_Partizan_Beograd.png

I've noticed that for the first time in FM history that two of my players 'determination' attribute has increased by 1 during preseason. This has been without tutoring activated and one of them even being a player in on loan. I say in FM history as, for as long as I've played the game, determination has only ever been able to increase through tutoring. Am just wondering how common this will be and whether this is a one-off for the players in question or it is likely to increase further?

I've noticed that for the first time in FM history that two of my players 'determination' attribute has increased by 1 during preseason. This has been without tutoring activated and one of them even being a player in on loan. I say in FM history as, for as long as I've played the game, determination has only ever been able to increase through tutoring. Am just wondering how common this will be and whether this is a one-off for the players in question or it is likely to increase further?

The squad personality has 'rubbed off' on them, most likely. I'm assuming they're fairly young?

I am now in February in my fourth season of the game and am still loving it.

I have just come across a new feature that I absolutely love. I have been a success in the game so far and Fulham interviewed me for the job. I indicated a small budget would be needed for the backroom staff and before they offered me the job, they wanted me to show what backroom changes I wanted - including sacking existing Fulham staff and recruiting some of my staff from my current club. A genuinely brilliant new feature. :thup:

I only buy the game every 2 years these days - combination of factors to do with family, work and there being enough changes in that time for it to feel like a new game.

First impressions, after a season and a bit in the Vanarama South.

Remember all these assessments are based on comparison with FM14 - The last version I player (this will probably apply more to the positives)

There are still to many crosses that ping of the crossbar

In training you still can't set a training schedule so your players get used to using their weaker foot (one of my biggest bugbears with footballers, is that they aren't 2 footed. I mean it's just a matter of practice)

Players intelligence still doesn't seem to be getting any better:

Goal keepers who are set to keeper defend still won't leave their area even if it means waiting for an opposing striker to run on to a through ball that could be easily cleared. Even the most basic of keepers would do that.

The same lack of intelligence applies to game management by the payers. I mean even the most basic of semi-pro players would take a little longer over a freekick in the 89th minute when leading 1-0. You shouldn't have to trying and get a shout, or tactic in for that.

There seems to be no logic applied to set piece and penalty takers if your selected ones are on the pitch.

There is still no option for splitting attacking free kicks, so specify shooting/ crossing. All free kicks within 5 yards of the area seem to be used as shooting opportunities.

The intelligence and training ones have been bugging me for years, but there seems to be no sign of it being solved.

On the positive side, the match engine is much smoother and realistic compared to FM14

Still getting used to where everything is on the interface but I'm sure I'll pick that up soon enough.

I do like the extended tactic, set piece and training options - despite my point above.

I know I've listed more problems than positives but I do like the game so far and will be interested to see just how difficult it is to get Truro from the Vanarama South to the Premier League.

Noticed a fair amount of bicycle kicks scored , I like this addition but I'm curios if this happens only to certain players. I now have 5 different players that have scored such goals in 3 seasons, is this conditioned in some way by the agility attribute or flair? I like the goals but I just don't want them to become too common.

Yellow and red cards are far to high in 43 games I've had 18 red cards and 145 yellow cards

That's down to you I'm afraid. Those are insane numbers, and if the problem was with the game, and to that extremity, everyone would be experiencing this. You perhaps need to look at exactly why you're getting such a high number of cards.

I've had 35 yellows and 1 red in my first 22 games of my current season, and those yellows are the most in the league, so I don't really see a problem with the game in that regard.

What are the levels of yellows and reds for the other teams in your league(s)?

Really enjoying the beta so far, currently 1 1/2 seasons in the Vanarama North. I'm enjoying it enough to consider it almost churlish to offer these gripes, but anyway, here they are...:

* When I scout a non-contract player, the report page in my inbox states his contract is "N/A until 2/1/1900". This never happened with 2015, and looks a bit naff. Can it be fixed?

* When I do a shout during matches my cursor disappears before I can click OK.

* I've had to substitute my goalkeeper through injury six times so far. I could understand it if my GK was a crock, but this has happened with three different keepers. Not realistic, and means I have to have a non-league squad containing three goalkeepers.

* My supporter feedback constantly complains about me fielding "weakened teams". The team is full strength, apart from my 3-star right-back, who I dropped in favour of a younger 2-star right back, who has been performing consistently well.

* I always use a DM and the issue with poor performance in this position is kind of spoiling my tactics. I have to keep defending his 'poor' performances even though he's doing OK on the pitch.

* My assistant advised me during match that we are superior in the air and should use high crosses, pump into box etc. Four minutes of match time later he advises me that our crossing isn't working and I was given the option to change back. Inconsistent advice like this renders the feature useless.

* I can't view the octagonal attributes graph on the player profile alongside the usual attributes. I have to sacrifice one for the other if I'm to view it. I liked having them both on the profile page. Admittedly, this is a minor gripe, and a sacrifice I'd make for a superior match engine.

* Pretty much everything else is just dandy, mind.

That's because only high rep players are loaded with a medium database and the local Scandinavia players are unlikely to have been loaded in your db.

That's too bad. Can I change "medium database" to "large database" without starting a new game?

Before I forget, must also add...

* Every shot that takes the slightest of deflections goes down as an own goal.

* My full-backs perform badly. After a few games they will each average 6.3, even when playing to their usual duty in a flat back-four. It's not unusual for my left back to score sub-6. I've signed several replacements, same result.

I have been using a tactic which involves some shall we say robust tackling - I end up with 3-5 yellows per game but with the tactic I'm pretty much expecting this.

Have had about 5 reds - maybe 1 in every 5-6 games.

Seems ok to me.

Who knew Barca were such cloggers :)

Sorry for another post - not sure where else to ask.

Under the club page it lists both the home and away kits.

Does the third kit not show as well - or rather should it ?

Are third kits factored into the game at all?

(Was sure they featured during matches and on the club screen last year)

Dec 2017 Golden Ball, (Ballon d'Or), shortlist announced.

0 Keepers.

1 centre-half.

0 full-backs out of a 35 man short-list.

:(

Lev Yashin & Fabio Cannavaro have won it.

Billy Wright, Giacinto Fachetti, Bobby Moore, Dino Zoff, Paul Breitner, Roberto Carlos & Gianluigi Buffon have all come 2nd.

Duncan Edwards, Ivo Viktor, Rudi Krol, Andreas Brehme, Paolo Maldini (twice 9 years apart), Oliver Kahn (twice) and Manuel Neuer as recently as last year have all come 3rd.

I don't mind a GK or a defender not winning it. (I really don't). But you have at least got to get some of them shortlisted.

Dec 2017 Golden Ball, (Ballon d'Or), shortlist announced.

0 Keepers.

1 centre-half.

0 full-backs out of a 35 man short-list.

Lev Yashin & Fabio Cannavaro have won it.

Billy Wright, Giacinto Fachetti, Bobby Moore, Dino Zoff, Paul Breitner, Roberto Carlos & Gianluigi Buffon have all come 2nd.

Duncan Edwards, Ivo Viktor, Rudi Krol, Andreas Brehme, Paolo Maldini (twice 9 years apart), Oliver Kahn (twice) and Manuel Neuer as recently as last year have all come 3rd.

I don't mind a GK or a defender not winning it. (I really don't). But you have at least got to get some of them shortlisted.

Thanks for bringing it up, I think the issue of bad rating for GKs, defenders and DMs was a big problem in FM15 and it is still a problem in FM16. I hope this can be looked into soon.

I'm definitely noticing GK knocks and injuries. This is across multiple saves as well.

I would appreciate if the different sections in the finances screen could be minimised. I just feel there is too much on show.

I can't help thinking that there is an issue with the player ratings, as in they are too low unless they score/assist.

When doing a shoutout in a match the cursor tends to disappear.

Same as last year, I'm getting a feeling that whenever you're on a run game just sabotages you and players of specific position get injured.

I have 4 players natural on striker position and within a month all 4 of them get injured. Coincidentally it happens just before CL first knockout round and I don't have a striker for the game.

In 24 man squad 5 players are injured, 4 of them are strikers.

All injuries occured during matches.

And those new head injuries are really getting annoying. It feels like people are bashing in each other's heads every game.

Why do some players have ranges for their attributes ie 12-18 instead of just one score? is this new?

and is it meant to mean that it depends on the day (ie other factors) how good they will be in that area for that day, or is it simply that the person didn't know how good they were in that skill so it's a bit random?

Why do some players have ranges for their attributes ie 12-18 instead of just one score? is this new?

and is it meant to mean that it depends on the day (ie other factors) how good they will be in that area for that day, or is it simply that the person didn't know how good they were in that skill so it's a bit random?

it's new since FM15

basically, players still have fixed attributes (he may have a 13 there) but the scout is unsure having seen him once

if you keep scouting him, then the attribute range will get smaller and smaller until a single figure is displayed

it's designed in order to make it more realistic (how well do you really know how good a 16yo is at passing the ball?)

OR you can turn 'attribute masking' off at gamestart and not have to worry about it

An (obviously hypothetical) example:

you see the player once, and the scout might think he has finishing of 13-18 (maybe he was banging them in from all corners in training)

you then watch him again, and he misses a few sitters in the match (13-16)

you then see him again in another match, and he scores a hattrick from 3 shots (finalised 15)

the attribute doesn't change, it's just based more on what your scout thinks about him, rather than signing some 16yo kid because he has 15 finishing (when you can't possibly know that having seen him once)

I find there to be far too many goals scored in-game. Teams are scoring an upwards of 80 plus goals in a 34-game MLS season, which just isn't realistic (New York Red Bulls led the league in real life this year with 62). It hurts the immersion factor when every Saturday, matches are averaging 4.5 or so goals. Can we please have this toned down to more realistic levels? Please?

I have encountered a bug. My man of the match (Gabriel Barbosa scoring a hattrick for LFC) reportedly had completed 105% of his passes.

Please report it here: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/505-Match-Engine-Issues

The sticky thread there will show you what needs to be done when reporting an ME bug.

Can't you zoom in a bit using the middle mouse button?

Hi, Mr Daylight.

Nope, it's not working. I've zoomed out to the max by scrolling the wheel on my mouse.

If you don't mind, could you kindly try it out on your set and let me know if it works, ie you're only able to see the players on the pitch without the stands.

Thanks.

Not sure if this is an intentional change or not, but my keepers seem to be injured a lot more often than in previous versions. The injury rate probably needed to be upped a bit since putting a keeper on the bench was a complete waste of a spot before, but now their fingers and wrists seem to be made of glass. Feels like it's gone too far in the other direction.

One more thing I forgot that isn't a bug, but more of a bugbear.

No matter what formation you are playing, no matter how successful it's been and irrespective of what players you have at the club the assistant manager will always suggest you play in his favoured formation.

For example - I'm currently playing a 4-2-3-1 with the 3 in a narrower formation rather than an AL-AM-AR. My second formation is a narrow 4-1-2-1-2. As a result I have no left or right wingers at the club. But my assistant manager is constantly telling me to play a 4-4-2.

Loving fantasy draft, but how I wish you could import and export shortlists. I'm guessing this may have been a deliberate game play decision, though? I'd also love it if we could have a league with more than 6 teams: I initially thought you'd capped it at 6 to stop the draft going on for ever, but you allow cup competitions with 32 teams so I guess it can't be that.

One more thing I forgot that isn't a bug, but more of a bugbear.

No matter what formation you are playing, no matter how successful it's been and irrespective of what players you have at the club the assistant manager will always suggest you play in his favoured formation.

For example - I'm currently playing a 4-2-3-1 with the 3 in a narrower formation rather than an AL-AM-AR. My second formation is a narrow 4-1-2-1-2. As a result I have no left or right wingers at the club. But my assistant manager is constantly telling me to play a 4-4-2.

Is your ass man the one that was at the club or did you hire him? check out his preferred formation in his info, if it's different then maybe get an ass man who has the same formation as you.

Is your ass man the one that was at the club or did you hire him? check out his preferred formation in his info, if it's different then maybe get an ass man who has the same formation as you.

I get that they would have a preferred formation, but for them to want me to use that every week regardless of recent results and the players available is a bit stupid.

I get that they would have a preferred formation, but for them to want me to use that every week regardless of recent results and the players available is a bit stupid.

They feel strongly about the way the team should play, get an ass man that's like minded, even if the team is winning, they still think 4-4-2 is the way to go, change him.

I'm enjoying the beta so far, but for me there seem to be a few odd things this year that are small things, but easily changeable I imagine. Some will have been mentioned, no doubt. I'll bold the main idea of the point if no-one can be bothered reading.

First of all, the number of off the ball fouls that lead to penalties is ridiculous and by contrast the number of regular fouls leading to penalties is probably too low. I have played one and a half seasons and so far every penalty I've seen (admittedly I don't always watch the game, but I do most of the time) has been a random off ball incident. Of course these do happen in real life, but 10+ a season for one team? I don't think so. This isn't even something that works to my disadvantage really, it's both for and against me that these penalties occur.

Secondly, some player values seem to have just risen astronomically during my save and it makes some parts of the game look unrealistic. For example, I looked at Sunderland's squad at the beginning of the 16/17 season and found Fabio Borini was worth £30m. This would maybe more acceptable if all players rose like that, but Diego Costa and Mata were only £34m and £38m by comparison. Borini wasn't the only case, various Newcastle players (Ayoze, Sissoko, Thauvin) had also risen near £30m along with some Leicester players (which is actually fairly realistic at the moment).

Finally, players seem to become favoured personnel/icons/legends too easily. For example, I am running a Middlesbrough save were Seb Hines has became favoured personnel despite the fact that he starts the game at Orlando on loan and I released him as soon as I returned. Albert Adomah has very quickly became a legend in less than two season as well and while he has played well, I don't think he would be anywhere near legend status if it were real life.

So that's all I have in terms of issues so far. The rest of the game seems great and an improvement on 15 which seemed a bit ball breaking at times.

tl;dr

- The amount of off the ball incidents leading to penalties is too high.

- Some average player's values balloon for no apparent reason.

- It's too easy for players to achieve icon/legend status at a club.

Archived