• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, craiigman said:

Are there no video features this year?

We'll be revealing and announcing more over the coming weeks, so as stated above, keep an eye on the various social channels and these forums for more updates. 

2 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

The Development centre is an excellent idea. Unsure about this 'Playing time pathway' thing though, sounds like something lazy players will 'game' to avoid player complaints instead of just managing the squad properly. Hopefully I'm wrong. 

potentially yes but if the player isn't played as much as the pathway suggest then you will still have issues. so setting player as star player to avoid him complaining means nothing if he doesn't get the star player playing time. 

For the first time in... like ever, I am actually very hyped after reading the announcements. I think this is the most promising initial announcement SI have ever made.

And from the looks of it, the Regen/Newgen faces will be greatly improved!

Just now, AIK said:

For the first time in... like ever, I am actually very hyped after reading the announcements. I think this is the most promising initial announcement SI have ever made.

And from the looks of it, the Regen/Newgen faces will be greatly improved!

You spotted that too. here i am hoping that is how new gen models would look because if that's the case best one in years.

sounds fine, what I don't feel is particularly logic, is the Club vision part. That is surely connected with the manager but seems more like a tool for a Football director than a manager. Especially if you consider that 5 year plan is kind of out of place since average time of a manager at the club is like two times less :D

1 minute ago, zigaliro said:

I like the new features, but was hoping for match engine animation improvements. But hey at least we got graphic improvements.

Theres usually animation improvements every year. And seeing as theres been player model improvements I'd assume theres been a lot of work done on the animation side too to bring it all together 

6 minutes ago, MBarbaric said:

sounds fine, what I don't feel is particularly logic, is the Club vision part. That is surely connected with the manager but seems more like a tool for a Football director than a manager. Especially if you consider that 5 year plan is kind of out of place since average time of a manager at the club is like two times less :D

I really hope to see huge varierity in this with playing small clubs +10-15years and big/medium club +10-15years.

Just dont want it to be gimmick feature with no value. I more afraid that the new playing time is just renamed player role in team.

3 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

There will be match engines changes as per pretty much every year 

Yeah, which is cool. But every year there are things that are working better and others that are working worse than previous years version.

They wont create a perfect match engine, but currently there are a lot of issues. Some which have been in the game for years.

3 minutes ago, (sic) said:

Yeah, which is cool. But every year there are things that are working better and others that are working worse than previous years version.

They wont create a perfect match engine, but currently there are a lot of issues. Some which have been in the game for years.

Quite. But you won't know how you feel about a match engine until you play a demo tbh. My point was merely to say there will be as ever, plenty of changes, simply because they are often undocumented pre release 

Just now, themadsheep2001 said:

Quite. But you won't know how you feel about a match engine until you play a demo tbh. My point was merely to say there will be as ever, plenty of changes, simply because they are often undocumented. 

Yeah, true. Honestly game improves so much from demo to .3 update so we'll just have to wait and see, though demo gives you an idea of how it will be.

3 minutes ago, (sic) said:

Yeah, true. Honestly game improves so much from demo to .3 update so we'll just have to wait and see, though demo gives you an idea of how it will be.

Also true. You'd want the initial version to be as good as it can be within the time they have, but you'd always expect .3 to better because its more time on it, and also you'd almost always tend to see each update as an improvement. 

Initial thoughts, mmmm there goes £35. Favourite thing I noticed the ABC ratings in the Manager Performance Update. Also really glad pitch condition is back.

Hope the videos will be posted here like last year, as this is as close as I get to social media.

Edited by toffee71

First time in a while I feel a tad underwhelmed. Granted SI don't usually show all their cards at once but this all feels like quite minor QOL improvements overall. I love the new development centre idea and some of the regen faces look much better but I play on 2D so I'll probably not see much of the graphic enhancements.

And granted they could still do something focused on ME changes but if they'd made big strides in how games play out I would have thought they'd lead with that as a headline feature.

What is advantage of seeing snapshot of youth intake in advance? Not sure how much planning can/would take place based on that knowledge. 

Always exciting to see some cool new stuff. Love the new staff roles even though I won’t rely on their advice. Adds some realism

11 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Miles said on Twitter earlier the majority of the remaining features are things that have been requested on here. 

STADIUM EDITOR PLEASE!!!! 

Would be good but can't see it.  I would have that as the MAJOR feature of any new version.  The headline one, so to speak.

I am really pumped for Club Vision.  This should prove to be fantastic for those long term saves I love.

Personally not too excited by the announcements but they certainly bring the game closer to real-life. 

What's most important is the match engine and the tactics (to be more in line with modern day football - pressing triggers...) Would like to see the players moving about defending, attacking (as close to real life) and defending as what I set in the tactics. 

Edited by theballstopshere

1 hora atrás, MBarbaric disse:

Considering that this is FM,and players stay like, 10 or more years in save, this is probably a excelent feature to be in the game. Quite excited after this announcements.

I really like the idea of this club vision module and more interaction with the board. It will be interesting to see how Ed Woodward reacts when you ask him for more transfer funds since the Manchester United board are notoriously well known among the fans for being tight when it comes to spending money on the team.

FM20 GRAPHIC IMPROVEMENTS :

"The kit textures have been overhauled. You'll notice more realistic clothing that drape more naturally over the model and features creases and folds and to ensure that they move more naturally with the player. This extends to the manager avatar which also has more detailed attire."

How possible could be that the kit file structure will be changed from scratch?

Another year gone and still nothing regarding a stadium creator/editor smh. Another year of stale, boring, robotic matches in dull, repetitive stadiums. All we want is a bit of realism 🤦🏻‍♂️

First time I’ve ever seriously considered not buying a game in this franchise, hardly anything has changed. Pitch textures, managers suits and a 5 year plan are the headline features...

Club vision will be great. Will be nice to see clubs have ambitions be it on the pitch, in the bank or club reputation. Adds a little extra to every save and changes things up from job to job. 

Makes it a little more dynamic, rather than just taking over a club and slowly/quickly  building success. Will be a challenge to develop players for profit knowing I too often get attached to them 

Just now, coolestrock said:

Careful , you arent allowed those opinions round here :D

Someone had to say it!! I thought by now we’d have much better graphical improvements that make the game much more immersive. 

Not being funny, but it feels the exact same playing vs Burnley on a Saturday 3pm to playing in a Champions league final...there is just no difference. Back in FM 2015 or 16 the crowd segregation etc was better than it is in the latest version, how does that even happen!! 

I like the idea of new staff roles and wouldn't mind having even more and more specific. Also like new tab of youth candidates progress, plus I really hope that graphic improvements will involve quality and variety of regens faces and hair which have been extremely disappointing for last three editions of the game. Rest of features seem to be more about interface and presentation of stuff already in the game, which is ok but not really groundbreaking. As usual, ME is going to be the key.