Football Manager 2024 Official Feedback Thread

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

57 minutes ago, KingCanary said:

I'm enjoying 24 but I think my enjoyment is enhanced because I've taken to skipping a year, which means the enhancements and changes always feel much more notable.

Saying that it is crazy to see how certain parts of the game just haven't improved at all in years. Backroom advice for instance is still almost universally rubbish. I'm managing Norwich and Adam Idah has 23 goals in 33 games, yet every couple of weeks I'm being recommended to take his playing down from Regular Starter to Squad Player. Why on earth would I do that?

This is actually something I noticed playing a couple of years ago (at least, I had an idea) 

Does scoring goals have any impact on a players value/rating? I'd have guys who'd scored 20 in 20 games (lower leagues) and their value would be the same as when I signed them. Has anyone else seen this? 

2 hours ago, Rayban_DK said:

Why is the news item listed three times... and why does he have green face paint? Seriously, what's with the face paint, lol!

Now that is a feature that I would enjoy... like a 195cm 20 agression 20 tackling slavic CB having the NFL defensive-linemen type face paint  :D . 

9917ddad97ac1db5d85370e14991488f

Edited by marioNOW

2 hours ago, tezcatlipoca665 said:

Delegating transfer responsibilities (either player or staff) is totally pointless imo, even though I'd love to be able to do it for the youth and B-teams especially, and give the DOF and relevant managers more responsibility and control over what they would do irl. In FM23, they couldn't even get it accidentally right. Doesn't matter how high their Judging Current Ability/Potential Ability/Staff Ability is.

According to some (Myself included), it is the only way to get a challenge from the game. However, I negate the braindead player transfers using the transfer target feature. I wish we had something similar for staff.

I carried over a long term save from FM 23 as Real Madrid and played through a season on the new game. Only change to the main playing XI was a new goalkeeper and played the same tactic in the league barring three games where the goals per game was almost similar to the older tactic. 

Scored around 106 league goals last season on FM 23 and around 143 league goals this season on FM 24. xG for the season on FM 23 was around 2.5 per game where as it was around 3 on FM 24. The actual goals as I remember were close to 2.8 on FM 23 where as it was close to 3.75 on FM 24. From what I noted Bellingham and Vinicius hit close to 20 league goals on FM 24 despite only having single digit league goals the previous season. Mind you I made no changes to my tactic across the save other than those three games at the end. This wasn’t just the case for me though, Barcelona scored 86 league goals on FM 23 and struck over 100 on FM 24 despite having the same manager. 

Conversion rates are absolutely through the roof on this game and it needs toning down a bit along with better squad rotation and subs to make the experience enjoyable. All of which has been extensively discussed and documented of course but I wanted to see what it was like after importing a save and trying to go with the same approach in the new ME. Right now the game feels too easy, I managed to win the league with Tottenham in the second season on a fresh save where as on FM 23 across nearly nine to ten seasons on two different saves I managed the same achievement only once. If not for the overall processing speed being significantly improved and the ME changes I would go back to FM 23. 

21 minutes ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

According to some (Myself included), it is the only way to get a challenge from the game. However, I negate the braindead player transfers using the transfer target feature. I wish we had something similar for staff.

Something that I find very challenging is to make "invisible" (through the color palette) the player attributes. Basically you need to use stats, staff reports, comparison between players and the octagonal diagram of ability. After 15 years of FM I finally had some difficulties in achieving board objectives

Edited by Costav

2 hours ago, whatsupdoc said:

Another thing I don't get. Randomly dropping tactical familiarity, mid-season with a settled squad/tactic:

image.png.b0183b50b848c6b239180b90c1a11414.png

image.png.b6493d2335b10a1e10dfa0e74db114cc.png

They've all played just about every game in the same role. How are they suddenly forgetting how to play their roles? They don't need to re-learn them every month...

Nothing has changed whatsoever.

Interesting - I also constantly get things like "Player x isn't used to playing with the tempo we are playing today" or something similar, and yet it's the same we have played all season in a role that hasn't changed.

6 minutes ago, Costav said:

Something that I find very challenging is to make "invisible" (through the color palette) the player attributes. Basically you need to use stats, staff reports, comparison between players and the octagonal diagram of ability. After 15 years of FM I finally had some difficulties in achieving board objectives

Yes, I use the star attribute skin. I'm a little OCD, so seeing missing info puts me off. I know there was an invincible attributes skin last year, but It just had too much information on the screen for my liking. This is another feature I wish SI provided.

Apologies if this has been raised before but is anyone else experiencing a load more of managers threatening loan recall events? I've been having it with players who are 2-3 weeks into their loans, as well as with players getting the most game time in their position as possible but being recalled (without an inbox item to discuss it with the manager of the loanee's club), in particular this happened with a striker I had on loan who played basically every minute he was eligible for and after 24 games and 17 goals he was recalled because I've been playing him as a PF and not an AF? I get that it's in the contract when you loan a player but I didn't recieve any complaints from his club until the point when he was recalled (he has been used as a PF or DLF the entire year) , it seems like managers either get upset at loan terms almost immediately or don't at all for a lengthy period and then you're suprised with a loan player getting recalled out of nowhere.

Edited by gooseta

6 minutes ago, gooseta said:

Apologies if this has been raised before but is anyone else experiencing a load more of managers threatening loan recall events? I've been having it with players who are 2-3 weeks into their loans, as well as with players getting the most game time in their position as possible but being recalled (without an inbox item to discuss it with the manager of the loanee's club), in particular this happened with a striker I had on loan who played basically every minute he was eligible for and after 24 games and 17 goals he was recalled because I've been playing him as a PF and not an AF? I get that it's in the contract when you loan a player but I didn't recieve any complaints from his club until the point when he was recalled, it seems like managers either get upset at loan terms almost immediately or don't at all for a lengthy period and then you're suprised with a loan player getting recalled out of nowhere.

Had this in my beta save, loaned Bobb from City but ended up playing him in slightly different position, was telling Pep to bugger off, then he was sacked, next game had Simeone moaning as well.

Edited by craiigman

2 minutes ago, craiigman said:

Had this in my beta save, loaned Bobb from City but ended up playing him in slightly different position, was telling Pep to bugger off, then he was sacked, next game has Simeone moaning as well.

i'd understand if i'd had an email from their manager earlier into his loan but recalling a player on a season loan in march because of a role he's been used in since august (and played incredibly well in) is just dumb

10 minutes ago, Kyle Brown said:

We've got a preview of some of what you can expect in the next update available HERE, coming out in early December.

Thank you all again for your patience and feedback. 

'Early December' refers to fixing bugs with the 24.2 major update patch. Looks like there won't be a hotfix. Amazing!

Edited by dosh

12 minutes ago, Kyle Brown said:

We've got a preview of some of what you can expect in the next update available HERE, coming out in early December.

Shame there's a bit of a wait, but appreciate there being some communication

appreciate the communication (somthing you didnt have to do )kinda expected early dec major patch. im hoping majority of issues are fixed ,i have faith because fm24 does have the potential to be the best in the series and the most polished fm as advertised

16 minutes ago, Kyle Brown said:

Just keep the communication going. It is a lot easier having discussions around potential issues when they are acknowledged and we have a rough forecasted fix schedule. I would suggest providing minor updates here, even if they are effectively nothing but "We believe we identified the issue for bug xyz. Doing internal testing and will keep you posted."

7 hours ago, Johnny Ace said:

Quick pick's been a bit strange for years, your coaches consider match fitness and fatigue and stuff so they pick squad players you wouldn't choose 

The head scratcher for me is how they choose the D & S players in midfield, 99% of the time they swap them around to who I'd pick 

Generally I just save my favourite lineup and load it in every game and start my selection from there  

Quick picks are an allocation by your staff . You can allocate who you want to pick your squad . Look at their attributes to find the best staff member

Just loaded up to give another go as some swear blind there’s no issues with their saves, started as Southampton, 1st game away to Sheffield Weds and set up a basic 4-3-3 formation without tweaking…..Won 5-0 and the opposition made zero substitutions, didn’t change formation and I think that’s where I’ll leave this until it’s properly patched

30 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

And i was :brock:

Appreciate its frustrating waiting and appreciate the patience, in all seriousness 

You were indeed 👍🏻

Yeah the situation isn’t great, but it is what it is unfortunately. Let’s hope for a good comeback now.

Patience is a virtue…

I'm not a english speaker but i really hope that "Furter improvements to match engine" means "We are lowering the amount of goals that this ridiculous ME that looks more like a basketball match produces"

I really wish to play the game that i paid 20% of a monthly minimum wage of the country i live

Edited by skiante

1 hour ago, Kyle Brown said:

With AI team selection, i guess you mean this? That the opponents doesn’t bench their best goalscorer in the last game and most important game of the season? 

IMG_0066.jpeg

12 minutes ago, Slates84 said:

Erm apart from the date that’s pretty much exactly the same update we had nearly two weeks 🤔

It's a rough time frame at least, which I imagine will land somewhere between the 4-12th of December going from that (or 1st if you're really optimistic)!

I'd imagine some more detail in terms of the changes will come next week. And then we'll see a full changelist on release. Hoping they stick to doing the full changelists for the ME too, rather than ''ME updates and various fixes''.

4 minutes ago, ru9a said:

With AI team selection, i guess you mean this? That the opponents doesn’t bench their best goalscorer in the last game and most important game of the season? 

IMG_0066.jpeg

Lee Clark benched Jordan Rhodes after he'd bagged about 40 goals in the league for our playoff final against Peterborough in 2011/12 in favour of a 17 year old Benik Afobe. There's always a possible reason. Maybe they've had a barney. Maybe the oppositions defender has more weaknesses for the replacement striker to pounce on.

1 hour ago, Kyle Brown said:

Re: Updates to player interactions

Thank you so much! I love my players in the Match Engine which is a delight but by god do they annoy me the rest of the week!

2 hours ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

I don't mind the AI staff making mistakes and bad transfers, but on the same token, I do expect their attributes to matter with respect to the decisions they make on the players they attempt to sign, y'know? I'd just love to be able to know that I'll be dealt a fair hand no matter which staff I delegate certain things to, regardless of whether their decisions are always good or not (ie., somebody with a Judging Potential attribute of 14 won't be as good as signing players for the youth team(s) as somebody with 20).

Actually, I wonder if the AI squad building logic fix can end up making this part of the game work the way it should...

1 hour ago, alian62 said:

Quick picks are an allocation by your staff . You can allocate who you want to pick your squad . Look at their attributes to find the best staff member

I used to think this too, but if you check every member of staff picks the exact same team. 

Although admit I havent checked if its the same for FM24

1 hour ago, Slates84 said:

Erm apart from the date that’s pretty much exactly the same update we had nearly two weeks ago 🤔

Given the number of people wanting a date, thats a pretty key piece of new information no? With a heads up to more detail incoming once the update gets more finalised

Only one season of evidence but this is the first time I've had to agree with the 'too easy' complaints.

I've won the Championship with Norwich, breaking every record going- 115 points, 120+ goals, without spending a penny. I've never had such success 'out of the box' and this was just a standard 4-2-3-1 DM gengenpress tactic with a minor tweak or two. It'll be interesting to see if I can sustain it in the top flight...

• Administrators
On 20/11/2023 at 15:36, KeegBCFC said:

The game is absolutely not fine to start a realistic save. Ridiculous amounts of goals being scored, teams with 6 CB's kicking off because they want more CB's, and thats just 2 of the glaring issues causing players to avoid starting a realistic save. You may enjoy playing in your own way, but don't call people dramatic because the way they play is impossible due to a poor release. 

We are aware of the two feedbacks you've provided. The 'lack of depth' issue should be fixed in the minor update 24.1.1 already. If you still see this happening after the update, we are more than happy to look at your save game, simply raise the issue in the Bug Tracker and our team will take a look :)

3 hours ago, Kyle Brown said:

Could you be more specific for example for high amount of goals and xGs?

So ''Early December''...we won't play an easy mode of Water Polo Manager anymore....or maybe not? :stop:

It's frustating trying hard (behind the scenes like SI) to NOT score goals in this game. Playing in the 2nd division in Greece and i give my best for some logic scores, but even if i succes to keep my game under 3,5 goals (really hardcore, dont try this at home) it comes the other results and kick me...you know where. Almost all other matchday results are over 3,5 goals and some are over...8,5 (second division of Greece is extremely low score league IRL btw). First time ever i start the game playing positive and quicky turn to defensive or cautious after my second goal (in fisrt 10-20 minutes) and lowering my lines or putting at the pitch some really bad players in forward. AND STILL the team scores like a mix of Barcelona and Real Madrid at 2010s. Im giving defensive roles to almost everyone to stop scoring. The AI make 3 subs maximum (if im lucky) so i try to not make all my subs too. They are in the rules of 2019? I dont know. 

Im spending my hours looking everything else just to avoid matchdays or delay them waiting for a major update. Skin editing, Graphics, looking national teams and players from Bhutan and Thailand without a single reason, talk with players with no reason too. So early December (If they want to be honest very late December cause on December its 1 and a half month after the early access) i hope i can play the game they prometed to me (and everyone). You know this one. The most Complete one, with super smarter AI and all things who is really worst than ever in reality. This is like a deja vu of FM20...we spend 4 months with a completely broken game then. Please dont make it happen again. Its to much. Even now its too much time wasting and we have 10 days minimum in front of us...

4 hours ago, Slates84 said:

Erm apart from the date that’s pretty much exactly the same update we had nearly two weeks ago 🤔

At least its a date to what they are working towards, even if it changes nearer the time it's better than no communication at all. It's also not the same update when you read the changelists that was originally submitted and compare them. Thanks for the update si, I can now plan my life around the expected eta.

5 hours ago, tezcatlipoca665 said:

I don't mind the AI staff making mistakes and bad transfers, but on the same token, I do expect their attributes to matter with respect to the decisions they make on the players they attempt to sign, y'know? I'd just love to be able to know that I'll be dealt a fair hand no matter which staff I delegate certain things to, regardless of whether their decisions are always good or not (ie., somebody with a Judging Potential attribute of 14 won't be as good as signing players for the youth team(s) as somebody with 20).

Actually, I wonder if the AI squad building logic fix can end up making this part of the game work the way it should...

The attributes of the DoF does make an impact to bth the players they choose to try and sign and their ability to actually sign the players

6 hours ago, KingCanary said:

Only one season of evidence but this is the first time I've had to agree with the 'too easy' complaints.

I've won the Championship with Norwich, breaking every record going- 115 points, 120+ goals, without spending a penny. I've never had such success 'out of the box' and this was just a standard 4-2-3-1 DM gengenpress tactic with a minor tweak or two. It'll be interesting to see if I can sustain it in the top flight...

I’m going to predict you’ll finish top 5-7, again with minimal signings. Let us know how you go!

10 hours ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

Yes, I use the star attribute skin. I'm a little OCD, so seeing missing info puts me off. I know there was an invincible attributes skin last year, but It just had too much information on the screen for my liking. This is another feature I wish SI provided.

Have you tried moneyball approach? Heavy reliance on stats but more challenging.