Match 31 and Match 32: Czech Republic vs England (ITV1 live from Wembley) & Croatia vs Scotland (ITV4 live from Hampden Park) at 8pm (BST)

thefmveteran86

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Darius1998 said:

Livakovic is really good.

I'd be firing the ball at him in the 2nd half from range

decent finish as I said but he looked really slow on that goal and you have to look for any advantage

Little bit suspect at the back, mostly from set pieces for some reason, but a mostly pleasing half.

I honestly don’t think we need both Rice and Phillips here though. Phillips isn’t playing as a DM and it is still a 4-3-3 more than a 4-2-3-1, but I feel like we’d benefit from a bit more mobility in midfield.

1 minute ago, TM said:

I'd be firing the ball at him in the 2nd half from range

decent finish as I said but he looked really slow on that goal and you have to look for any advantage

Probably had his line of sight blocked a bit as it went through Lovren's legs. :D

Contrary to thinking the back 4 would be England's weakness, it's the Rice and Phillips combination.

Decent players both, but together they look one paced and don't actually give great protection to the back 4. Think a ball carrying option like Bellingham would make a big difference

• Administrators

Take back my moans about Saka starting. Has really given us so much.  Great performance from him

feels odd to say but if anything England miss Mings a bit when it comes to defending the penalty area - just need that man in there to 'head the f***er back' to really feel safe

1 minute ago, martynlcfc said:

Contrary to thinking the back 4 would be England's weakness, it's the Rice and Phillips combination.

Decent players both, but together they look one paced and don't actually give great protection to the back 4. Think a ball carrying option like Bellingham would make a big difference

As I said earlier it brings more pressure as they can advance pretty much unchallenged to the halfway line when the frontline lose it. If we had a box to box player picking up some of these loose balls we'd build more sustained pressure.

Just now, Butts said:

As I said earlier it brings more pressure as they can advance pretty much unchallenged to the halfway line when the frontline lose it. If we had a box to box player picking up some of these loose balls we'd build more sustained pressure.

Lads, its Southgate.

3 minutes ago, Coulthard's Jaw said:

Matterface not knowing what happens when the ball hits the referee a high point for me.

I enjoyed him saying the Croatia goal didn’t impact the table, even though it would be the difference between them going through and going out.

1 minute ago, Coulthard's Jaw said:

You can argue about whether he should be in the first 11 or not, but I like watching Grealish, want him to start because it makes us interesting.

Passing forwards makes us interesting, two of the best passes have come from defenders.

Would like a little more from the deep duo, would love to see Bellingham come in

59 minutes ago, Marc Albrighton said:

We've now hit the post pretty early in all 3 games haven't we?

Yep. 

37 minutes ago, Baptista_8 said:

Maguire is a must starter in this team tbf

Course he is. The alternative is Mings. 

35 minutes ago, cyclonus1010 said:

England at defending set pieces :lol: 

Tbf Czech are looking decent from set pieces themselves regardless of what we're doing. 

Just now, Mr Adam said:

Henderson on is very astute for me. Experienced, moves the ball quickly, runs around loads, and needs minutes.

If we are going to go all the way we are going to need him at some point and he needs minutes.

Be calling for Rodwell next ;)

Just now, Baptista_8 said:

Be calling for Rodwell next ;)

Ah yeh let’s compare a champions league and premier league winning captain with Rodwell.

The general lack of respect for Henderson will always amaze me. I am biased of course.