Match 31 and Match 32: Czech Republic vs England (ITV1 live from Wembley) & Croatia vs Scotland (ITV4 live from Hampden Park) at 8pm (BST)

thefmveteran86

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Through as group winners without conceding. That will do :thup:

Could be a bit more exciting mind but if we keep keeping clean sheets we should do alright, that is until we lose on penalties to Germany on Tuesday after a 0-0 draw.

Just now, Bootador said:

The game felt aesthetically better, but did we really create anything more than the other games (okay we did more than Scotland)? Saka looked really good though and poses an interesting question for the next game.

But I'm still think we're getting pumped in the next round, we're just not creating enough for the players out there.

Created more first half. Sterling run from Shaw ball. Saka run to Grealish and goal. Maguire to Kane for Kane great chance off top of head. More than what we did in first two games combined from open play. 

Just now, pearcey_90 said:

Created more first half. Sterling run from Shaw ball. Saka run to Grealish and goal. Maguire to Kane for Kane great chance off top of head. More than what we did in first two games combined from open play. 

I switched on late, missed all of these :D

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, HOORAY HENRIK said:

God, Heartwork still thinks Liam Henderson (a player he has never watched) is getting in this Scotland team.

1 minute ago, Heartwork said:

What about Liam Henderson? Been a good player in Serie B, always been at the top of the league.

Odd, this is the way round the posts appear in the thread for me :D One after the other.

6 minutes ago, Mr Adam said:

I do feel for Scottish fans. The game on Friday they played great. But if they were ever going to get thru to the knockout stages of a major tournament, this one with 2 home games and a format that seems to make it harder to get knocked out from was surely going to be the one 

The scenario of either team needing a win heavily favored Croatia I think. Scotland can hurt a good team if they can sit back, but in a no-holds-barred showdown I'd always back the team with more individual talent.

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, av3ry said:

Through as group winners without conceding. That will do :thup:

How many teams have been eliminated from a Euros/World Cup without conceding a goal in normal time? 

That could be England :D 

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Mr Adam said:

He mentioned Henderson in his post before as well 

Thread is moving too fast to keep up with that tbf :D 

Just now, Lucas said:

How many teams have been eliminated from a Euros/World Cup without conceding a goal in normal time? 

Switzerland 2006, for one. My goodness, they made this England team look like Brazil 1970. :lol:

2 minutes ago, Lucas said:

There has to be one that got knocked out on penalties in the second round somewhere.

A good question to ask the commentators/researchers from the TV :thup:

EDIT: Or just get @CFullerto tell you :thup:

Edited by av3ry

image.png.a5418068a3776de670786b2f97b333bd.png

So Group D and Group A definitely through.  And Group B can't get through unless Group C gets through has well.  So only 4/15 combinations left... but still doesn't confirm any of the R16 ties with the 3rd place teams.

image.png.02b191c8ef5c015dd40a8e71234a74c1.png

Edited by Rob1981

1 minute ago, Rob1981 said:

image.png.a5418068a3776de670786b2f97b333bd.png

So Group D and Group A definitely through.  And Group B can't get through unless Group C gets through has well.  So only 4/15 combinations left... but still doesn't confirm any of the R16 ties with the 3rd place teams.

image.png.02b191c8ef5c015dd40a8e71234a74c1.png

A point does Spain then as they go 0GD

Portugal can also lose by a goal, assuming the Germans dont lose in their game.

1 minute ago, aggressive minor said:

Gosh this England team is awful to watch. So much attacking talent as well ….

It's all up to Southgate, we've got all this attacking prowess, but he's hardly using it at all this tournament. we're totally going to be unstuck against Gosens and Ronaldo :mad:

5 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Switzerland 2006. two 2-0 wins and a 0-0 draw only to be knocked out in pens by Ukraine after 0-0 draw. They tragically missed all their shots in the shootout. There were a couple more undefeated teams who got knocked out (New Zealand 2010, Belgium 1998), but I think not without conceding.

5 minutes ago, Crispypaul said:

Win the group without conceding a goal and still people are moaning...

I think its just because were just so ridiculously dull. Obviously anyone would take winning a group and conceding 1 goal but the performances dont leave you all that positive really.

1 minute ago, bestbrother said:

A point does Spain then as they go 0GD

That's only true if Poland don't beat Sweden.

If it's a Poland win and Spain-Slovakia draw it would finish:

Poland, Slovakia, Sweden all tied on 4
Spain on 3

1 minute ago, bestbrother said:

England have a right easy path.

In the Q/F they will have winners of E.. probably Swedull... or Croatia, which makes no sense.

Definitely in the better half of the draw.

Yeah but we've got to get past France or Germany first. (Outside chance it's Portugal, which I'm hoping for as they look more beatable).

2 minutes ago, bestbrother said:

England have a right easy path.

In the Q/F they will have winners of E.. probably Swedull... or Croatia, which makes no sense.

Definitely in the better half of the draw.

You've seen who we are going to probably get next round right?