Football Manager 2021 Early Access Beta Official Feedback Thread

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 14/11/2020 at 19:48, RocheBag said:

Hey folks, tried to look for this answer but 36 pages is a bit daunting. Has 3 at the back play been fixed at all? The outside center backs should be far more aggressive in both closing down the wings and in getting forward into the opposition half. Seeing 3 center backs lined up at the halfway line is incredibly unrealistic and really needed to be fixed. The outside ones in particular need to act like half CB half FB in both attack and defense, closing down opposition wingers aggressively and providing a passing outlet for the wingbacks in possession. This is an absolute key of every real life 3 at the back system and something that really needed to be addressed for years now.

Any information regarding this would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Anyone have anything to share on this? Has the way 3 at the back plays been tweaked at all?

22 minutes ago, RocheBag said:

Anyone have anything to share on this? Has the way 3 at the back plays been tweaked at all?

I'm playing three at the back in as Blades a way as possible (still no overlapping centre-halves SI!) and it's looking good. The shape is nice, and the formation plays really well. Won all 5 of my first 5 matches and all my friendlies with it. It's perfectly reasonable and realistic that I've beaten Tottenham and Leicester 3-0, and Man City 1-0 away, and the ME should see no further changes this year in my opinion. 

Just now, craigcwwe said:

Glorious. Oh so glorious. 

Yes indeed, though I do see the occasional thump into the side net, it's much less than in FM20! So a definite improvement. And the movement is simply great! Now, if I could only keep this attacking play and improve my defence a bit...

Regarding Liverpool's younger players: I dont know when the scouting was done and the decitions made for their skill level, potential and sutch, but they clearly need a revamp before launch. I'm talking pretty much as a whole but if FMs evaluation on both CA and PA on particurarly C. & Rhys Jones, Billy Koumetio, and Neco Williams is right then Klopp and his team have no clue at all.

53 minutes ago, XaW said:

To those who hated the lack of squaring balls in FM20. This is what I see:

ci5CBdi.gif

Awesome goal, that is exactly what will bring enjoyment back in FM21, well for me atleast. Watchting games (not full) and seeing this kind of goals. I had some nice ones too. That is just great of this ME, so far. 

21 minutes ago, Dingusen said:

Regarding Liverpool's younger players: I dont know when the scouting was done and the decitions made for their skill level, potential and sutch, but they clearly need a revamp before launch. I'm talking pretty much as a whole but if FMs evaluation on both CA and PA on particurarly C. & Rhys Jones, Billy Koumetio, and Neco Williams is right then Klopp and his team have no clue at all.

Curtis Jones looks fine in my game, currently on loan at Sheffield United in the second season, worth 38M and played nearly every game. Mind you, these players may have not have a set PA which means their potential can vary from game to game. 

People talking about the game being easy, and the AI being passive, while I'm sitting here 4-0 down to Rangers after 35 minutes with their wings backs ripping me apart due to being so advanced.

Taken a formation change to virtually 6 defenders, and 2 wide men sacrificed to man marking roles, to quell the beast.

Edited by RandomGuy.

The new ME is brilliant, so much smoother and more realistic really like it. One thing that I do have a small gripe with is every team starting the game with a team huddle, would be good to have some different animations in for that. 

Edited by NickmarJr

Remember FM19 beta being really good, match engine and all, alot of people complained how the game was to easy and how strikers are scoring to many goals, well you can guess what happened next....the whole game went to pants, strikers couldn't score anymore and the game wasn't fixed untill the winter update patch.

Doesn't really bother me cause i consider myself a veteran at these games and i will always succeed no matter what, just be carefull what you ask for!

1 hour ago, Dingusen said:

oumetio is an 18 year old brick-house of a central defender.

But he has strength 8 which is the same as Minamino. Crazy.

Why you don't allow that we can customize what we want to see in match stats in upper left corner? It would be nice that we can add distance of teams, crossbar and other things. in my opinion it would be better that we can customize Match stats view in upper left corner of game

2 hours ago, Super Bladesman said:

I'm playing three at the back in as Blades a way as possible (still no overlapping centre-halves SI!) and it's looking good. The shape is nice, and the formation plays really well. Won all 5 of my first 5 matches and all my friendlies with it. It's perfectly reasonable and realistic that I've beaten Tottenham and Leicester 3-0, and Man City 1-0 away, and the ME should see no further changes this year in my opinion. 

Are the 3 CB still sitting in a line on the halfway mark when in possession or do the outer ones advance a bit? 

I'm wrapping up my Salzburg save after playing 18 games and qualifying for the UCL group stages. I started as Salzburg as I did with FM19 to get an idea of how the ME performs with the dominant team in the league. I'm pretty bored of the save now, which is why I'm ending it now. But some thoughts:

Press Conferences

Has been mentioned a number of times now, but the screens are a bit of a shambles. I can see what the idea was, and what's trying to be attempted, but it doesn't work im afraid. Even now I don't look in the right place for the question being asked. This is for pre-game, tunnel, and post game. All of them. I rarely attend them anyway, but I think will be a ass man job if stays the same

Team Talks

Unfortunately same as the press conferences. There's too much going on, hard to focus on what I am meant to be looking for here.

Match Day Experience/UI

A bit like the press conferences, I see the idea behind a lot of the changes, and to be honest I never use the full analysis stuff until half time anyway. However removing the timeline is a bit annoying, I would often use this to go back and look at something (FIFA and PES still have a replay option if we are going for realism). Lack of widgets is a big deal, especially in 2D when you have all that space available. I want to see formations and player status for both teams, so easy before, now you can't. The tablet blocks the whole pitch more or less. I don't hate the experience, but some of the additions for realism sake seems unnecessary. I really hope some tweaks are done before full release.

Recruitment Meeting

I know there seems to be an issue with the end results here (bad recommendations), but I love this new feature. I really hope see better end results.

Game Speed

I'm playing on a very underpowered 12" MacBook at the moment. I have 11 nations loaded and the only time processing has taken the same amount of time as FM20 was on a international break (which used to take forever on FM20). Actually amazing. I am upgrading next week, but could have got on fine with FM21.

Match Engine

Like I said in the opening of the post, I have only tried the one team so far, and a dominant team, so packed defences every week. At first I had some frustrations and troubles, but when I realised that I could actually see the changes happening and how it affected what was going on, things just picked up and started clicking. I've been very vocal about my dislike for FM19 and FM20 ME's. And while I don't think it's perfect, it's a lot of fun. Very happy with it, so far anyway.

I'm going to start up 2 move saves to see the ME some more. I think Arsenal and then a random team I don't know anything about in the lower levels somewhere. This will give me a rounded view of ME a bit more. I'm happy to be excited about FM again.

I'm probably blind, but I can't find the way to have player switch positions during a game anymore. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

EDIT: Never mind, found it. It's not in the tactics screen but on the player screen apparently. 

Edited by KlaaZ

4 hours ago, XaW said:

To those who hated the lack of squaring balls in FM20. This is what I see:

ci5CBdi.gif

this alone is worth buying FM21!

whoever fixed this should get a raise. i can't believe this problem lasted for far too long!

PS - beautiful through ball as well!~

Edited by Artin

Some more feedbacjk, the sheer speed of the game is amazing, whoever worked on the optimisation needs a pay rise. Half the time i hit save and its a blink ans youll miss it affair, i always lengthened autosave time because of the age it used to take to save.

And, this is more throwback and a minor complain, it reminds me of older FM's. No matter what highlight setting, the last 10 mins of a game take like an hour to get through, I may as well switch to full game from the 80th minute for the sheer amount of "highlights" i get bombarded with in the last 10 mins.

Love this ME

Away in the EUFA cup at Wolfsburg, getting absolutely battered against their 5-2-3, 2-0 down with 30 to go

Dropped down a mentality & focused through the middle

Gotze playing Trequartista, makes an amazing run across the box to pick up a through ball for the first  then he sets up the winger for the equalizer, 2-2 & genuine fist bump baby!! 

3 minuti fa, Johnny Ace ha scritto:

Love this ME

Away in the EUFA cup at Wolfsburg, getting absolutely battered against their 5-2-3, 2-0 down with 30 to go

Dropped down a mentality & focused through the middle

Gotze playing Trequartista, makes an amazing run across the box to pick up a through ball for the first  then he sets up the winger for the equalizer, 2-2 & genuine fist bump baby!! 

Sorry for being off topic, but this has been bugging me for decateds now.

It might just be an English thing, but why do you people use EUFA Cup for what everybody else know as UEFA Cup?? 

Was the UEFA Cup seen in England as EU(ropean) FA Cup and then the name just stuck?

Just now, MBarbaric said:

Sorry for being off topic, but this has been bugging me for decateds now.

It might just be an English thing, but why do you people use EUFA Cup for what everybody else know as UEFA Cup?? 

Was the UEFA Cup seen in England as EU(ropean) FA Cup and then the name just stuck?

That's just me & my typos 

I meant the UEFA cup 

38 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

You've used a skin that showed that info before!! :D

Oh I never knew that!!oh ha!!so you can never see them unless you use a custom skin!?!you learn something new everyday. Thank you for info

8 hours ago, dunk105 said:

The FM XG goals puzzles me as one on ones don't seem to count anywhere near being 1XG. Have had a number of games where a 1v1 in the first minute only adds 0.2-0.3XG to the expected goals this really doesnt seem right for Harry Kane through on goal with just the keeper to beat- the SI XG just seems ridiculously stingy and doesn't reflect what Im seeing on the pitch. Sure if you asked the player he'd expect to be slotting away at 75% of them.

TInfoil hat on but SI choosing to not use the real life XG algorithm feels as if its a way to mask the same issue we had in previous versions- ie we score in line with XG but only because SI have their own implementation of XG.

Go educate yourself about what shot has an xG of close to 1. And how xG model works. 

Reading your comments makes me impossible to wait for the 24th for my physical edition to be delivered :D 

Just a couple of requests:

- any feedback on use of the trequartista, is he involved enough in the game?

- impact of brexit limitations when starting from lower UK leagues?

Thanks in advance! :brock:

11 minutes ago, LolloViola said:

Reading your comments makes me impossible to wait for the 24th for my physical edition to be delivered :D 

Just a couple of requests:

- any feedback on use of the trequartista, is he involved enough in the game?

- impact of brexit limitations when starting from lower UK leagues?

Thanks in advance! :brock:

Have only used Gotze as an AMC Trequartista for the last few games & his form's picked up loads from an AM(S), he looks way more involved (obviously as he has the playmaker tick now) & he's all over the place picking up pockets of space, he's a delight to watch at times  

ETA: Ihattaren's filling in for him this match & has just scored from outside the box so it's way more effective than the last few FM editions :thup:

Edited by Johnny Ace

4 hours ago, LucasBR said:

Haaland is Tsigalko of 21st century, what a player :applause:

Not been mentioned much, but this is a good point I keep meaning to say.

Haaland is broken.  Not overpowered, not having too strong stats, just out and out broken to the level of a To Madiera/Maxim Tsigalko level.  Does ok for the AI but does *ridiculous* for player.

Edited by swordy9320

22 hours ago, GOODNAME said:

A recommendation to SI :

Bring back the "last 10/5 minutes possession bar"

Bring back the match bar 

At the score, put it "( ) " the player who assisted the goal

Put the sorcerer face when he scored a goal and put the name of the player who got the assist 

Hope anyone will see it 

15 hours ago, kiwityke said:

Exactly this I really, really can't stress enough how much I worry when I see those kinds of posts. They are essentially calling for the ruination of the game again. I stopped playing FM20 in January, which is a first for me, because the ME was so stale boring and frankly rubbish. Yet here we are after SI have created a thing of beauty that has me loving playing the game again people want strikers nerfed!

NO THANK YOU.

If you don't like exploit tactics simply don't use them! If you use balanced well thought out tactics this year you'll have a smashing time IMO. That was impossible on Fm20 as I saw my striker fluff a sitter for the 17th time in a row!

I feel like killing myself when I see people wanting the strikers to be nerfed, serious.

I'm warming to this version now but I still think that part of the club vision could be changed. I dont think that chairman would say you have to sign x amount of players from a certain nation ,Or block a transfer due to a player not being a said nationality. An example would be wolves where its desired that you sign a high number of Portuguese players. Yes they are signing alot of Portuguese players in reality but I dont believe that the chairman has forced that upon nuno. It's just that they have close connections with mendez so it makes sense to make the most of that connection. I would be happy to see desired transfers from nationalities removed from club vision for future iterations. 

Been discussing a lot the difficulty on the game but just made a live on my youtube and for the first time in depth. The last match was an UEL qualifier one. 0-0 and went to full match in 3d in the last 10 minutes and then to extra time and penalties. And God that was intense! The ME does really provides a great experience and watching the last minutes was pure adrenaline. Ended up winning on penalties which was great.

FM21 is really a great game. I could have some remarks on it, but overall its a pure upgrade compares to FM20. And for a live streamer, the fact that it process the days faster and the match day it's so enjoyable makes things easier.

56 minutes ago, swordy9320 said:

Not been mentioned much, but this is a good point I keep meaning to say.

Haaland is broken.  Not overpowered, not having too strong stats, just out and out broken to the level of a To Madiera/Maxim Tsigalko level.  Does ok for the AI but does *ridiculous* for player.

I don't know how he performs under AI but for me he's been simply amazing... 36 goals and 3 assists in 31 matches played.

1 ora fa, Johnny Ace ha scritto:

Have only used Gotze as an AMC Trequartista for the last few games & his form's picked up loads from an AM(S), he looks way more involved (obviously as he has the playmaker tick now) & he's all over the place picking up pockets of space, he's a delight to watch at times  

ETA: Ihattaren's filling in for him this match & has just scored from outside the box so it's way more effective than the last few FM editions :thup:

Thanks a lot, mate!

That sounds good. I honestly remember that last FM version where I enjoyed having a proper AMC was... FM15? 

3 hours ago, bielsadidnothingwrong said:

I really don't like that American english language uses the term "general manger" instead of "director of football" and "head coach/assistant coach" instead of "manager/assistant manager" just seems unnecessarily different. 

Think there is a pretty easy fix for that haha