Football Manager 2021 Early Access Beta Official Feedback Thread

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

GK ratings in this are probably both worse and better than previous FM's GK ratings. Say you're not having many shots on target towards your goalie, but you got a 4-0 victory? Usually, they'll have a rating of between 6.2-6.6. Also, attacking players ratings will drop in the first 10 minutes of each game if they don't score and early goal. Not necessarily a bug but more like stuff needing tweaking for the final release.

9 hours ago, XaW said:

To those who hated the lack of squaring balls in FM20. This is what I see:

ci5CBdi.gif

I had this beauty tonight, perfect run by Reus drew the defenders away from Haaland because even I thought Reus would take the shot himself.

8 hours ago, Dingusen said:

Regarding Liverpool's younger players: I dont know when the scouting was done and the decitions made for their skill level, potential and sutch, but they clearly need a revamp before launch. I'm talking pretty much as a whole but if FMs evaluation on both CA and PA on particurarly C. & Rhys Jones, Billy Koumetio, and Neco Williams is right then Klopp and his team have no clue at all.

1) No point in posting this in here. You're better off posting it in the appropriate league data/research thread over in the bug forum.

2) Curtis Jones is a beast in my save, with 5 star potential and solid stats for a rotation inverted winger or mezzala, like he is IRL. Wouldn't be 100% surprised if he has variable PA though. Neco's a solid 2 star RB with 3/4 star potential in my save too, and has been performing very well as a rotation RB to Trent - again, just like IRL.

Do realise that their star potentials are linked to the average of the rest of the squad - one that includes the likes of Mane, Salah, Firmino, VVD, Trent and Alisson. 

3 hours ago, Johnny Ace said:

Has anything been logged with direct freekicks?

I noticed my taker hits the wall every time but with 25 gameweeks gone, no one across the league  has scored one 

I scored 3 or 4 of them last season and about an hour after claiming I hadn't seen a lob I saw one and it was glorious.

7 hours ago, Purple said:

Hi. I'm reading that alot of people are happy with this me but I was wondering what people think of it compared to fm 2018. 19 and 20 me didnt come close to FM 2018 in my opinion.

I would compare it to FM17 in the way of smoothness and fun but its even better than that and its a lot better than FM18 - 20 . It doesnt seem as much as a chore to watch rather than fun to watch 

31 minutes ago, h3nrique_SEP said:

It's serious SI, please, don't nerf the attacking play of this game, the match engine is pretty good, the only downside of it is that you can play with very attacking mentalities and pressing for 90 minutes and not get destroyed in counter attacks, a thing can happen with every club in the world when they do so.

Last year i created a data file that makes every AI managers of the game to play with attacking mentalities, in the editor, i set the "play attacking football" attribute to 20 to all the managers of the game and the game became very fun (could be better if the match engine was good).

Do something like it.

Let's propose i'm playing with Man Utd and using some "super-bizarre, very attacking, high press TFF's tactics" and in 38 EPL matches, i scored 65 goals and conceed 11 and win the trophy.

Instead of nerf the attacking play in order to make my tactic less powerful, increase the risk of using a tactic like this, make the AI managers a little more ofensive, make them hurt us in the counter attacks.

Make my "super-tactic" conceed 40 goals in this 38 matches

INCREASE THE RISK OF USING TACTICS LIKE THAT, PLEASE, DON'T DESTROY THIS GAME, IT'S BEEN THE BEST FM I EVER PLAYED AND I'M ONLY PLAYING IT FOR A WEEK :lol::lol:

Agree. I don't think the problem is inherently in the attack. I see a lot of 1-0, 2-0, which is ok. The problem for me is the mentality of the opposing side. When the opposite team plays in equal foot against you the ME is actually awesome and quite dramatic!

And also, there should be more trade-offs. My tactical decisions should have consequences if I misread the match. This is for example well addressed with the high line. Against some teams in FM21 if your defenders can't play high you risk to suffer some serious headache. I still think that stamina should play a bigger role when playing with counterpressing. And they addressed it on the ME Update blog, so I expect it a little tweak in the coming days.

1 hour ago, Nahuelzn said:

Agree. I don't think the problem is inherently in the attack. I see a lot of 1-0, 2-0, which is ok. The problem for me is the mentality of the opposing side. When the opposite team plays in equal foot against you the ME is actually awesome and quite dramatic!

And also, there should be more trade-offs. My tactical decisions should have consequences if I misread the match. This is for example well addressed with the high line. Against some teams in FM21 if your defenders can't play high you risk to suffer some serious headache. I still think that stamina should play a bigger role when playing with counterpressing. And they addressed it on the ME Update blog, so I expect it a little tweak in the coming days.

Yeah its not like teams are scoring crazy amounts of goals in a season. So if attacks get nerfed, back to the dull and boring ME of FM19/20 where set pieces were king and central play was none existent.

I really, really hope they don't nerf attacks because all it does is make exploit tactics the only viable way to play.

I'm currently playing exactly how I would set a team up IRL and doing well! I don't want to be forced to use 4-2-3-1 geggenpress to have any sort of chance to win as everything else has been nerfed to reduce the potency of exploit tactics! Which is essentially what I think happened in the last 2 years.

Edited by kiwityke

21 hours ago, KloppRodgersHodgson said:

100% agree, and nobody is saying being good at the game makes you a better person. If anything, if they’re like me, it’s because you’ve sacrificed work, friendships and girlfriends to play the game for years and years, which is sad but true.

But the fact is, for a large % of players, whichever team you pick, in whichever league, you massively overachieve.

The Fulham example earlier, I probably wouldn’t win the league in the first season, but by year three or four, I’d be champions in the league, probably in Europe and swimming in cash.

This is the reason why the AI needs massive improvements. It is far too easy to get a lower league team (in top divisions) to compete for a championship within 3-4 seasons, max 5. Unrealistic.

17 hours ago, KeegBCFC said:

Anyone else think the dinks or lobs happen a little too much? They're beautiful to watch but I think they're a little too frequent. Had a player scored 6 or 7, including 2 in the first 10 mins of the game I'm currently in, before Christmas. Be interested to know if anyone has any stats on players scoring those types of finishes, cos I can't think of a striker that dinks the keeper that many times in a season.

It is much better than not having any at all. At the very least, they can be nerfed. Who would have thought we would be sitting here asking SI to potentially nerf these types of goals. <3

5 hours ago, xray1324 said:

GK ratings in this are probably both worse and better than previous FM's GK ratings. Say you're not having many shots on target towards your goalie, but you got a 4-0 victory? Usually, they'll have a rating of between 6.2-6.6. Also, attacking players ratings will drop in the first 10 minutes of each game if they don't score and early goal. Not necessarily a bug but more like stuff needing tweaking for the final release.

Not always....
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2289909805

3 hours ago, YankeeRam said:

Am I the only one when you exit out of the game it almost freezes and takes over 4 minutes to fully exit?

;

Are you using steam cloud saves?  I sometimes have problems w/ Steam fully uploading and ending my session --- suspect it is a steam-side issue tho

The game is great. It runs like a charm, the ME is an improvement. Match day UI, I don't have much problems with it except would like widgets in 2D view. I hope they make them available. Also the bar that shows last 10min possesion would be nice, this way I don't really have a feel who is dominating. the one thing I absolutely hate are press conferences and team talks. Press conferences, I mostly delegated in older FM's but did some myself but now I don't want to do anything with them, Too clutered screen. Team talks UI is just plain awful. All players all over the screen, I don't understand who thought this was a good idea. Absolutely attrocious. I delegated all press conferences and team talks to my assistant. And I hate the new gestures feature. It's all just too much empty calories if you ask me, can't be bothered. Also the summary of "previous chat" is redundant as is the button "end chat" you have to press after the chat.

3 minutes ago, KiLLu12258 said:

do you think the next patch will come on release day or even before? im still waiting for it to start a real save.

It'll be the full release, I wouldn't start up with any long term saves now, it's still only the beta  

2 hours ago, Preveza said:

It is much better than not having any at all. At the very least, they can be nerfed. Who would have thought we would be sitting here asking SI to potentially nerf these types of goals. <3

I've seen 1 in nearly 2 seasons of play so...

I think it's more important to berf the defender than to nerf the attacker. This match engine attacker's movement is great, but the defenders' response to it is not good. The reaction to the through pass, the defenders' response to the goalkeeper's long pass.

8 hours ago, Nick_CB said:

I can't stop seeing this goal. SI, congratulations for fixing 1vs1

https://streamable.com/rxz24m

Look at the second defender though, like a deer caught in the headlights. 

Defending really isn't even close to what was advertised. And I say that with nothing but love for this game. 

Crossing needs fine tuning, still the same problems as last year, FBs and wingers in space and they wait to get closed down before attempting a cross and then 9/10 the cross is blocked for a corner. Even if you ask them to cross from deep or put the TI on for hit early crosses, doesn't make a difference. 

I don't think you're going to get much better than the current Match Engine, are there still a few little issues? Sure, but everything is so fine tuned that if you attempt to amend one area (such as crossing) it could easily impact the things we see as "bigger" issues. 

As for the actual game - I like that Gagenpressing for a season may mean you start off strong (top with Preston after 28 games) but then fall away due to fatigue (finished 4th and went out of the playoffs with a whimper). 

Best FM for a long, long time! 

Well done SI. 

32 minutes ago, craiigman said:

Anyone else noticed it says the player coming off is the one coming on?

Can't say I've seen that (still getting used to my team so may be I've just not noticed), but if that is the case, that should probably go in the bug reports section.  :)

17 minutes ago, andu1 said:

Messi is La Liga top scorer in my save. 21 goals in 21 matches. I don't think I ever saw him top scorer in any FM lol

As it should be, although then again he's not exactly prolific irl anymore lol. I think he's past his best, his age seems to have affected him more than it has compared to Cristiano Ronaldo. 

Edited by Gee_Simpson

So there is no way to look at replays of set pieces during a match? Normally I would adjust my routines after the first corner to target the opposition defender with worst aerial ability.

Without the in-game analysis tool this can't be done because I can't watch specific passages of play. Unless I watch the full match and use the rewind button.

I'm sure this has been asked before but it's difficult trawling through these pages to find the answer. Does anyone know why individual player xG and/or xG/90 aren't on the stats or form page for a player? I also can't seem to find a way of adding xG to a squad view (it isn't in chalkboard or general stats as far as I can tell). 

This seems weird as we can see the top 20 players in the league for xG on the league stats page. Anyone know anything about this? Cheers.

Edit: Looks like the no xG on squad view is a known bug. 

Edited by Flußkrebs

Just want to highlight some concerns about defender marking in the FM21 beta. 

Minute 8.10 (Pogba's goal): From the throw in, Pogba scored a long range shot. The reason that he gets so much space is because his initial marker basically moves towards him and back off leaving him completely free to take a shot.

Minute 11.12 (Greenwood goal): Another goal from set piece. Wonder why the box has no players defending? Well the defender completely leaves his marker in the box free to defend no one outside the box. Even league one defenders are better than that.

20 hours ago, SebastianRO said:

Finally ... GK is Man of the Match in a 4-0 win. FM21 clearly does "read" things a lot better than any other previous edition. I know that the decision to name Plizzari as Man of the Match is purely down to numbers, he truly was the best man on the pitch. I played a counter-attacking style, The whole team was great, but this man's saves were just out of this world.   :Bowen:

20201116152216_1.jpg

This is good, in FM2020 I scraped great victories against much stronger opposition, once my goalie made 12 saves and the rating was 6.9 with a score sheet 1-2, and it still amazes me that he didn't get MOM award

11 hours ago, LucasBR said:

I don't know how he performs under AI but for me he's been simply amazing... 36 goals and 3 assists in 31 matches played.

On a friend's save he's just scored his 100th goal for the club.  Played 42 games.  Something dodgy going on with certain strikers, they seem to be hugely overperforming.

7 minutes ago, zyfon5 said:

Minute 8.10 (Pogba's goal): From the throw in, Pogba scored a long range shot. The reason that he gets so much space is because his initial marker basically moves towards him and back off leaving him completely free to take a shot.

Minute 11.12 (Greenwood goal): Another goal from set piece. Wonder why the box has no players defending? Well the defender completely leaves his marker in the box free to defend no one outside the box. Even league one defenders are better than that.

that's everton's stadium? i really hope SI someday opens up stadium modding to the community. that's a hell lot of untapped potential just waiting for that to happen.

13 minutes ago, swordy9320 said:

On a friend's save he's just scored his 100th goal for the club.  Played 42 games.  Something dodgy going on with certain strikers, they seem to be hugely overperforming.

I dunno if my version of the game is defective but I've not seen any strikers or teams score insane amounts of goals yet.

9 hours ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

1) No point in posting this in here. You're better off posting it in the appropriate league data/research thread over in the bug forum.

2) Curtis Jones is a beast in my save, with 5 star potential and solid stats for a rotation inverted winger or mezzala, like he is IRL. Wouldn't be 100% surprised if he has variable PA though. Neco's a solid 2 star RB with 3/4 star potential in my save too, and has been performing very well as a rotation RB to Trent - again, just like IRL.

Do realise that their star potentials are linked to the average of the rest of the squad - one that includes the likes of Mane, Salah, Firmino, VVD, Trent and Alisson. 

What is Neco’s positioning for you? - had 7 for me which was a shame.

27 minutes ago, zyfon5 said:

You do realize that defenders losing their marker is how the vast majority of goals are scored IRL...

1 hour ago, Piksi#10 said:

Look at the second defender though, like a deer caught in the headlights. 

Defending really isn't even close to what was advertised. And I say that with nothing but love for this game. 

Yeah hope SI can tweak that come release day. Defenders standing there doing nothing is frustrating. @Neil Brock