Football Manager 2021 Early Access Beta Official Feedback Thread

1 hour ago, Piksi#10 said:

Look at the second defender though, like a deer caught in the headlights. 

Defending really isn't even close to what was advertised. And I say that with nothing but love for this game. 

Would love to see in this situation defender running to make a goal line save. Even it would happen to me, i would be happy to see that kind of decision making. 

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Star player, Regular starter, fringe player, etc etc

Anyone know what this item is listed as for column headings customisation?

I thought it was called 'Playing time' but theres only 'Playing time happiness' available to select, there is no option for Playing time only.

Just now, 2feet said:

Star player, Regular starter, fringe player, etc etc

Anyone know what this item is listed as for column headings customisation?

I thought it was called 'Playing time' but theres only 'Playing time happiness' available to select, there is no option for Playing time only.

Sorry, just found out. If anyones interested its called Agreed Playing Time.

3 minutes ago, 2feet said:

Sorry, just found out. If anyones interested its called Agreed Playing Time.

Also for those looking for other facets around playing time, if you go onto the squad view and select "Playing Time" from the drop down it gives you some more details.

10 hours ago, xray1324 said:

GK ratings in this are probably both worse and better than previous FM's GK ratings. Say you're not having many shots on target towards your goalie, but you got a 4-0 victory? Usually, they'll have a rating of between 6.2-6.6. Also, attacking players ratings will drop in the first 10 minutes of each game if they don't score and early goal. Not necessarily a bug but more like stuff needing tweaking for the final release.

What rating would you give GK in such matches?

General question:

How are red cards in other people's saves?

Despite getting 5 bookings per game and constantly using Get Stuck In, I don't recall ever actually having a player sent off.  Then when I think about it, I don't see many sent off against me either.

1 minute ago, swordy9320 said:

General question:

How are red cards in other people's saves?

Despite getting 5 bookings per game and constantly using Get Stuck In, I don't recall ever actually having a player sent off.  Then when I think about it, I don't see many sent off against me either.

Apparently they did say players would naturally be more cautious when tackling if on a booking regardless of instructions I believe.

I've had a few sending off.

29 minutes ago, Preveza said:

Yeah hope SI can tweak that come release day. Defenders standing there doing nothing is frustrating. @Neil Brock

I've gone offline on steam to defend against this train of thought I don't want the ME ruining...I'll update when I know SI have ignored the I want every game to finish 0-0 with perfect defences crowd!

8 minutes ago, Tom 99 said:

What rating would you give GK in such matches?

depends on the defensive unit's entire performance in general, and also the goalkeeper's passing in general, so 6.8-6.9+ if the goalkeeper isn't doing poorly and just isn't saving shots because he doesn't have to. If your entire defense is 7.5 in a game, the goalkeeper shouldn't have a poor rating just because he hasn't had to save anything, there should be more important metrics then just registering saves and other defensive activity, the goalkeeper's passing events should probably have an impact on the goalkeeper's match rating, though not massive, maybe if the goalie is completing 95% of his passes over an entire game which would be about 20 passes attempted, maybe more if I'm underestimating, but that in itself should have an impact.

Edited by xray1324

3 minutes ago, kiwityke said:

Apparently they did say players would naturally be more cautious when tackling if on a booking regardless of instructions I believe.

I've had a few sending off.

I've had a few straight reds but no double bookings surprisingly

1 minute ago, davidmn27 said:

I guess the question is, are we seeing goals like this scored AGAINST us?? 

Yes, I posted one a few pages back that was against me...

7 matches into my current Bundesliga season, 5 red cards and some of the more aggressive playing clubs at 20+ yellows. Can't see the second yellow/red card split (did they move discipline and a bunch of other stuff somewhere I can't find or is it gone completely? It's not in the team detailed stats anymore).

Real life Bundesliga, conveniently also 7 matches in, is sitting on 6 red cards, with the most aggressive club on 20 yellows. So, small sample but doesn't look incredibly far off. Perhaps a bit iffy on the 25 yellows in 7 matches, but a small club tackling could cause that I guess.

As for Haaland, seems I poached the wrong Dortmund player (stupid poach players from domestic rival vision), grabbed Sancho instead. Ironically didn't even give me any progress in that vision, guess I have to buy half the Dortmund squad or something? From his attributes I can't see what'd make him so extraordinary, but now I want to somehow get my hands on him. :lol:

11 minutes ago, Tiger666 said:

Saw someone on Reddit had 72 goals from Haaland in a season. Defensive play may need tightening up somewhat.

No it doesn't. Just because one person managed it doesn't mean this is the norm! The top scorer in the Prem on my save got 23 goals...if we tighten defences up say bye bye to a variety of tactics working (like now) say hello to just exploit tactics (clearly what they were using) being the only viable option.

I honestly hope SI aren't planning on nerfing attacking play! Good God.

Just now, kiwityke said:

In fact the top goalscors in total on my save got 80 goals as a team. I just dont understand these nerf attack posts. If they nerf them anymore than they are now there will be an unrealistic lack of goals!

My 3 strikers scored 149 goals between them in the 2nd season, any striker with pace is OP as hell used right this year.

1 minute ago, kiwityke said:

In fact the top goalscors in total on my save got 80 goals as a team. I just dont understand these nerf attack posts. If they nerf them anymore than they are now there will be an unrealistic lack of goals!

Calm down, mentioning defensive play may need tightening up isn't a "nerf attack post".

il y a 6 minutes, Tiger666 a dit :

Calm down, mentioning defensive play may need tightening up isn't a "nerf attack post".

Defensive improvement = less goals = nerf attack post.

Maybe the problem is that beside Haaland nobody is scoring in the team? I can imagine that with 72 goals you have to score at least 120...

6 minutes ago, harrycarrie said:

My 3 strikers scored 149 goals between them in the 2nd season, any striker with pace is OP as hell used right this year.

The top scorers in the league so far in my second season have 48 goals in 25 matches...I'm staying offline to keep the ME safe until I know it hasn't been ruined. Then I'll update. The top scorer is Erling Harland with 14 in 20!

2 minutes ago, harrycarrie said:

I mean this is Everton(!) second season with no substantial insane transfers. Attacking is ridiculous. I'm not complaining, I'm having fun, but its broken as hell right now.

uUephQ9.png

Another big concern is that Wolves got relegated!? 

à l’instant, harrycarrie a dit :

Its playing Very attacking every single game too. My own tactic I've upped to FMBase. It shreds everything and its just a 433 with a DM.

They should definitely make the IA much more aggressive so if you play that way you should concede more than 2-3 goals per game

Than you would have to be more cautious like anyone

Because attacking is not broken with the other teams.

If they nerf attack they might not even reach 50 goals per season, since they dont play attacking football...

5 minutes ago, harrycarrie said:

I mean this is Everton(!) second season with no substantial insane transfers. Attacking is ridiculous. I'm not complaining, I'm having fun, but its broken as hell right now.

uUephQ9.png

Next top scorer has 67 goals...you've found an exploit. The whole ME shouldn't be changed to stop that! Otherwise we really are going to be back to Fm20 levels of rubbish I fear.

4 minutes ago, harrycarrie said:

First season yep, they came 18th

weird, they're currently 10th in my save (was 18th-20th early on), sort of matching real life, also oddly enough Crystal Palace are 7th, overachieving a bit lol

Edited by xray1324

1 minute ago, kiwityke said:

Next top scorer has 67 goals...you've found an exploit. The whole ME shouldn't be changed to stop that! Otherwise we really are going to be back to Fm20 levels of rubbish I fear.

Its literally just playing a very attacking formation.

Pacey strikers are broken if you utilise them in a 3 striker formation. Its not an 'exploit', it just isn't working correctly.

1 minute ago, evilpimp972 said:

They should definitely make the IA much more aggressive so if you play that way you should concede more than 2-3 goals per game

If they nerf attack they might not even reach 50 goals per season, since they dont play attacking football...

Exactly this looking at that season all the other teams actually massively under performed in front of goal.

4 minutes ago, evilpimp972 said:

You do make a good point here. 

1 minute ago, harrycarrie said:

Pacey strikers are broken if you utilise them in a 3 striker formation. Its not an 'exploit', it just isn't working correctly.

That is the very definition of an exploit...utilizing something that isn't working correctly to gain an advantage.

If they nerf attacking/improve defending then people who play normally like me on balanced would literally score 20 goals a season or be forced to use a very attacking tactic to just to get any goals/fun!

il y a 4 minutes, harrycarrie a dit :

Its not working properly because there is no drawback 

Playing 3 strikers should lead to major problem

No team in the world play that way IRL, thats impossible

2 minutes ago, evilpimp972 said:

Its not working properly because there is no drawback 

Playing 3 strikers should lead to major problem

No team in the world play that way IRL, thats impossible

There is a drawback, sometimes you lose. I've lost 2 in 40+ matches :D

Get a lot of like 6-2, 7-3 scorelines though. As I said, its fun but broken as hell.

i think the match engine is fine, the problem is that the AI managers dont play aggressive or smart enough to make it more competitive, it feels like the game is in easy mode.

pd: or maybe after having two years of "broken" match engines, now everybody is a master in teamtalks, squad morale/dynamic and fitness because u needed be good in these to actually get results, because even if u had an actually good tactic we never got central attacks to work due to limitations of the match engine and now that we have a match engine that is working a lot better, everyone has a skill over 9000

Edited by kertiek