Football Manager 2021 Early Access Beta Official Feedback Thread

Man U are bafflingly overrated... Sat in 2nd end of first season.

Generally its the best FM in years, the Match UI is a little frustrating, watch in 2D and pitch is a little small, loads of wasted space on the left

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, ManicStreetFootballFan said:

apparently the transfer windows are all set to 1900...pretty sure 2021/2022 isn't in 1900 but I could be wrong and the world is about to reset to that year...

Untitled.png

This thread is for feedback only. If you see a bug, post it in the bugs forum. 

44 minutes ago, lex311085 said:

i guess you could say the same about any team in regards to expectations/probabilities. Would Liverpool players have been expected to win leagues and european cups for example Alexander Arnold who no one thought would become one of the best right backs in the world when he was outplayed by Marcus Rashford 4 years ago, Robertson becoming one of the best left backs in the world. Wijnaldum alright at newcastle but not world class when he signed for Liverpool, Mane, good at southampton but not world class when he signed for Liverpool, Salah, flopped at Chelsea, no one thought he would reach the heights he has when he signed for Liverpool, Henderson, lifting a premier league and European cup as an influential leader, Firmino was awful when he first signed. Point is despite none of these players were expected to be world beaters and didn't look anything special on paper a few years ago but through great coaching they were. 

Which brings me to my point that AI managers attributes need to play more of a role otherwise whats the point in having them.

Some of the players you mentioned above were great on paper just that no one looked at the correct place. Salah for instance were signed specifically based on stats analysis on goal scoring chances he created. TAA were already producing great attacking numbers for a full back a few seasons ago. Firmino were already great back when he is still at Hoffenheim. I can even show you a post made in 2016 where someone predicted that Andrew Robertson will be a world class full back. Sure they improved by coaching but saying that no one expected them to be great is a disrespect to Liverpool scouting and data analyst department.

I'm gradually warming to the matchday UI after about 24 hours of game time. I do feel that in its current guise it's the weakest part of the Beta, but with some refinement I can see it becoming an improvement on the "old" way of doing things. More control over number of panels and the type of info shown is a necessity in my opinion. It's good to hear that the pass map is already set to be amended because it's just no use whatsoever at the moment.

Still finding it difficult to offload players-even n the current climate you'd expect to be able to shift some players, especially when there's a few clubs meant to be interested. Current save is Newcastle, so for example Dwight Gayle- half the Championship would want him if he was transfer listed for £4.5M.

The money being offered for players when you can get a bid is also very low. The board is then concerned with the finances when you sell? 

I think some of the values might be overly optimistic such as Matt Ritchie £10M for a 30 year old winger who played 18 games last season seems excessive? Then you get a bid of £3.5M but dare not accept incase it's the low price sale which gets you sacked, 

So a few thoughts.

The ME is great, like everybody already said. I don't even think it needs very much tampering. Players seem to actually follow personal instructions now. Maybe something will reveal itself after further testing. But i think this ME is 2-3 steps in the right direction. I haven't seen my wingers make ludicrous attempts to take shots from tight angles instead of passing to the totally free striker once. Generally the game seems to be less dependent on wing play. And i managed to make a 4-4-2 diamond formation work which is not a a 4-3-3 (or 4-2-3-1) formation. So that's great.

Game Speed is much better. Kudos.

The UI is mostly a complete bust. I'm sorry. But this is so cluttered and unituitive. The matchday UI has some nice ideas (i like the quick sub feature), but then it has so much deadspace. Also the hilarious passmap that everybody already meme'd to death needs to go. And the press-conference and team talk UI is even worse. (Why do I have to manually deselect all players if I want to talk to one player inidivually???) I would say back to the drawing board but that doesn't seem realistic in Mid-November. So i guess the skins need to save this one.

Something is wrong with Player values (and I think it's affecting the transfers too). How a Buli player like Silas from VfB Stuttgart (20 years old, already 69 career games and 19 goals, bought by Stuttgart for 8 Million) is worth 1 Million, while my 30 year old centreback Mathias Jorgensen on loan from fenerbace who is playing for copenhagen for the third time in his career is worth almost 6 million at the start of the game? (I know asking price will be different but look at transfermarkt for example: Silas is valued at 6,3 Million €, Mathias Jorgensen at 2 Million). Why would Bayern be able to buy nahitan nandez for 10 Mio from genua, after they bought him for 18 Mio just one season earlier? (is this supposed to simulate covid?)

Loving the ME. What a change from FM20. How come it was so bad at 20, its just huge. Keep it this way, the enjoyment is really back from this FM21 ME. Had some really nice intelligent goals. 

And I was asking this: would it be possible to chromecast FM on ur TV and play it? Is that something possible to get in this game...? 

Edited by f.zaarour

15 minutes ago, FMLegend1983 said:

Disagree, please tweak it further the me is good but still room for improvements. I like the fact strikers score more goals and the variety of goals scored.. In terms of the AI matches are becoming somewhat predictible where irrespective of neither the players nor the tactics used I'm getting tons of draws and conceding too many late goals when I've shut up shop. It's becoming like a pattern sucking the enjoyment out of the game.

The issue with tweaking is the knock-on effects it has elsewhere. One tweak can unravel the whole thing. I'm sorry to say it but from the latter I'd say... it's your tactics

10 horas atrás, h3nrique_SEP disse:

"the attack is overpowered at the moment, i hope SI buff the defense for the final release"

My attack with Aguero, Dybala, Bernardo, KDB and Sterling:

Capturar.PNG.d835d6c7c2c4a2b3d29c82a9d1a1a4d6.PNG

But the problem there was the good defense ? It seems you create a lot of chances

13 minutes ago, Domoboy23 said:

The issue with tweaking is the knock-on effects it has elsewhere. One tweak can unravel the whole thing. I'm sorry to say it but from the latter I'd say... it's your tactics

Its absolutely his tactics. I ahd the same issue but overcame it by changing my tactics as I could see what the issue was.

1 hora atrás, Jops14 disse:

Man U are bafflingly overrated... Sat in 2nd end of first season.

Generally its the best FM in years, the Match UI is a little frustrating, watch in 2D and pitch is a little small, loads of wasted space on the left

Yeah, I think the Man Utd researcher got lil emotional with his club, lol

6 horas atrás, vikeologist disse:

It is now massively easier to get a job when you start unemployed.

Even if you start aged 20, with no qualifications or experience, you can get a first job at a 3star reputation club. Examples are multiple English Championship clubs and top foreign clubs such as Kaizer Chiefs in South Africa.

Sometimes the game suggests that vacancies like this are unrealistic in the 'weekly jobs update', sometimes it recommends them. That feature seems all over the place.

By way of comparison, since FM15 the level of first job one can get has slowly lowered, and in FM20, the best one could hope for would probably be a 1.5 star team, such as in the English Conference.

This is a massive change, and though frankly even getting a first job in the Conference strained credulity, getting jobs with the likes of Stoke and Willem II (in Holland) and the aforementioned Kaizer Chiefs seems too unrealistic.

Is this a deliberate adjustment on the part of SI, or a bug?

Please report at bug thread

1 hour ago, Jops14 said:

watch in 2D and pitch is a little small, loads of wasted space on the left

You can zoom the 2D pitch in so that it almost fills the screen (with the player bar hidden). I'm mostly playing in 2D at the moment because I don't like the colour palette or poor contrast levels in the 3D engine, particularly in bright sunshine or floodlit matches. Wish they could recreate the vibrancy of the FM19 graphics engine. Coupled with the improvements in the actual match engine, would probably make me use 3D more often. Alas, no. 

firts...i think this is one of the best match engines so far...some minor things that can be fixed until release hoping they dont screw the rest.

but heres my concern...

i play benfica and i put against RAPID on champions league playoff a team just for fun...to see how punished i would be for putting a bad team on the pitch.

so i choose most players from B team...and a few( the weakest) of the A and put them complete out of space...ex( gilberto as a midfielder on atack..

the result is ....well...how can i say it...not good..

i won 3-0 with great football...gilberto 8.1 note...and the most of the others with 7.4 up...

damn...

i always heard people complaining that putting messi or another random player if you watch full game you wont notice a big diference....

at this time i dont know what to think,,,was it a lucky game???or...indeed players skills and atributs still dont have a major part...

i hope not...because i realy enjoy this fm21 so far.

cheers

32 minutes ago, sgevolker said:

Hi Guys,

how can I arrange a friendly for my second team squad? 

Via the Development Center.

Choose the team (U18 or B team or whatever) -> Fixtures -> Arrange Friendly

5 horas atrás, KloppRodgersHodgson disse:

It’s really useful if you want to know if your play is creating good chances, I.e. carving the opposition open, or rubbish, shoot-from-tight-angles through a crowded box chances.

Not all shots are equal.

Yeah, I already could do that seeing the screen of shots and ccc/hc. xG didnt add nothing to how I analyze the creation of my team. 

Since it is only an analyzes of just the last second of the shot, it doesnt working for me, I like to analyze the whole play, not the kind of shot my player choose to finish it.

I got an 1v1 with less than 9m from bar, the game return a 0.31 xG, absolutely no way players would lose 7 from 10 attempt in that chance. The problem was the game only takes in consideration the shot, but the player could make a dribble for left, for right, dip, shot with Power, etc, so it only make the calculation for the kind of finish the player decided to do

2 hours ago, ManicStreetFootballFan said:

apparently the transfer windows are all set to 1900...pretty sure 2021/2022 isn't in 1900 but I could be wrong and the world is about to reset to that year...

Untitled.png

Man Utd have been way overpowered in FM for the last five years or so.

Probably something to do with the size of their finances and squad value and reputation.

I'm certainly enjoying this game despite the pink ish theme and the ui cluttering. I'm certainly feeling tired with the pink though guess I was getting aged :D

on me it's nothing but brilliant. I just hope they don't change too much and return to stale. I never enjoyed a match day like this in my short stint. 

the new opposition reports are certainly welcome. 

4 minutes ago, sgevolker said:

Doesn't work, because the team is not playing in any league. 

Shouldn't matter. My 2nd team doesn't play in any league and I can arrange it as normal.

image.png.d377b24482811545fa9419118da114ee.png

While trying to accept a loan offer, my screen is now stuck on this. 

looks like it’s not filled the screen properly, I can’t report it as a bug. I’m going to have to force a quit now and loose whatever games I’ve played   

091AAF61-28AE-4C35-B1BB-796C41EDE50A.jpegEdit. 

Pressing space sorts it out, but skips a day or 2  

Edited by strippdogg

ME is really great but i think there is most of the opposition teams doesn't attack you enough when you played against them in your home ground.

+ some weird behaviors by GK, sometimes they just missing easy saves

But overall, ME is great.

But my main concerns is the matchday UI, please bring back last 10 minutes possessions bar and the time bar 

I like this: 

image.png.0a796a26b9b4069d78d153fa574313c1.png

Finally one can get a sense of what is actually going on with mentoring.

Also I like this small addition:

image.png.cba947886cedaa94b140a1958964a6e8.png

I would still like this information to show in the 'Add player' list, along with 'Estimated influence on group'. Why do I have to add players to see this, just to have to move people around afterwards? 

**Edit**: Rethinking the feature request, it will probably not be possible to show Estimated effect in the player list, as that is based on the group the player is included in. But it WOULD be very nice to be able to see the influence of each player in the list. This is especially useful for first setup in a new club, when you don't know the players well.

Edited by StormenDK

How are you guys recording goals in game? I have some beauties to share but can't find the option. I save them and I get a mesage that I'll be able to upload them when the game ends but then I don't see the option anywhere.

3 minutes ago, Icy said:

How are you guys recording goals in game? I have some beauties to share but can't find the option. I save them and I get a mesage that I'll be able to upload them when the game ends but then I don't see the option anywhere.

Exporting clips being missing is a known bug, at the moment I'm just recording with OBS

I've yet to check long-term stats myself (will be a project of mine), but may I suggest an xG tutorial. Also, the first thing I predicted in my mind when SI introduced xG, was players going "broken" when a one on one mostly gets an accordingly rating in the 0.3 xG range. :D Posters on the Twittersphere go bonkers over Caley, 11tegen11, Between The Posts, Knutson et all themselves every time they see such. 

Edited by Svenc

2 minutes ago, Svenc said:

I've yet to check long-term stats myself (will be a project of mine), but may I suggest an xG tutorial. Also, the first thing I predicted in my mind when SI introduced xG, was players going "broken" when a one on one mostly gets an accordingly rating in the 0.3 xG range. :D Posters on the Twittersphere go bonkers over Caley, 11tegen11 et all themselves every time they see such. 

Last year I was both conceding less than XG predicted and scoring way more than it predicted. It was one of the reasons I wanted to tweek my tactics for this season as I knew that wouldn't last forever. The way the ME is this year even when a striker misses a great chance I'm just oh bloody hell because it's a fairly rare occurrence.

12 minutes ago, Icy said:

I'm using a program called ScreenToGif and upload to Imgur to make the gifs I've posted in this thread. For me, that works quite nicely.

1 hour ago, thiagoanjo said:

Yeah, I already could do that seeing the screen of shots and ccc/hc. xG didnt add nothing to how I analyze the creation of my team. 

Since it is only an analyzes of just the last second of the shot, it doesnt working for me, I like to analyze the whole play, not the kind of shot my player choose to finish it.

I got an 1v1 with less than 9m from bar, the game return a 0.31 xG, absolutely no way players would lose 7 from 10 attempt in that chance. The problem was the game only takes in consideration the shot, but the player could make a dribble for left, for right, dip, shot with Power, etc, so it only make the calculation for the kind of finish the player decided to do

I saw your clip and thought 0.3 was OK, all things considered 🧐

end of season is completely broke and ruins the game.

everyone you bought wants to leave as you havnt played them in their preferred position. completely ruins the game.

the players dont grumble all season and then right at the end hit you with transfer requests.

also more feedback and maybe linked but clubs are really harsh with their feedback and expectations.

liverpool board unhappy as i came second premiership with 95 points and only lost 3 games and have a champions league final.

they are unhappy if you draw with man city away from home

they are unhappy if you draw with barcelona away 

i think the expectations of players and clubs is obviosley linked as they are both a bit silly at mo