Football Manager 2021 Early Access Beta Official Feedback Thread

5 hours ago, yezzko said:

It is, but nobody marking the scorer is baffling. I would love si guys to first sort out the marking during the set pieces, then add fancy things.

Sure, but this is lower league in Norway, so it's not exactly top tier players this. And I've only seen it once, which could happen due to players not noticing a free player. Like the goal Man Utd conceded to the Turkish side not long ago. So as long as it doesn't happen too often, I love it.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, thiagoanjo said:

The game gave me a xG of 0.31 in this play, that isnt a clear cut chance (1.0) ?

typically clear cut chances are at 0.3-0.5. 0.31 is probably accurate from what I see from this play. the shooter do not have too much time and space on the ball with the GK in a good position and a defender chasing from the back. Also is the shooter shooting from his stronger foot? typically clear cut chances that are around the 0.5 mark are shots from rebound or close shots where the GK is out of position and the shooter has space and time to shoot.

Edited by zyfon5

7 hours ago, thiagoanjo said:

The game gave me a xG of 0.31 in this play, that isnt a clear cut chance (1.0) ?

An xG of 1.0 is a tap in from 1 yard or less with no defenders or goalkeeper nearby, 0.31 for that shot is right (about a 1 in 3 chance of scoring)

25 minutes ago, Broken_Record said:

Sorry, if this already answered but is there any particular reason why the game is nowadays by default showing the opposition role selection during matches? 

That was addressed somewhere. It doesn't appear from the start but after a while, by which time, your assistants would have told you what roles each opposition player is performing. Again. mirroring realism, which is good in this case.

Having played for a good amount of hours now I present some proper feedback:

Pros

central midfield play is so much better compared to last year, I was amazed when I saw my first through ball for a goal, took me back to the old days of Carlos Fierro, had to dry my eyes

build up play in general is beautiful, the passing is slick and you can actually see players making runs off the ball etc

tactical decisions can be "felt" much more easily now, I can tell when I change my defensive line, player roles etc

haven't seen a player try to do the old "keep the ball in the pitch but run past it at the same time"

wingers no longer constantly smack the ball against the oppositions legs constantly, they actually whip it around sometimes as well now

no more stupid players (usually wingers) trying to score near post, more cutbacks

much bigger variety of goals in general, outside the box screamers, set pieces, low crosses, passing build up etc

clean through 1on1s have been buffed and the dinked finishes happen quite often

gegenpress has been nerfed, and to that end player condition seems to deteriorate much more if you try to press all match (so I don't)

top scorer in my division this season (AI controlled) has 27 goals, and he isn't some superhero attributes wise either; just a normal Italian bloke

there seem to be slightly more injuries in general, which is a good thing

player models look a bit nicer to my eye than last year, stadiums look more vibrant

regen faces are much nicer now (may not be a big deal for some but the lack of a moustache is excellent)

I enjoy the new press conferences and gestures, I also like that it's quicker (better UI) to praise players than last year

I actually don't hate the default skin and would probably just keep it default if there was a dark variant, as it is I await the mighty Heffem

as blasphemous as it sounds, I am actually finding the new match day UI acceptable and don't particularly miss my widgets anymore

extended highlights are now actually extended and the matches last for a fair amount of time

my youth intakes have been far better in this version of the game than last years and I'm only 4 seasons in, for example this guy

I'm finding a fair amount of regens (from various countries) which have nice starting attributes that are distributed in a way that makes sense, for example less strikers with dodgy finishing/composure but great mentals/physicals etc

regens seem to progress slightly faster, a bit more like previous iterations of the game which is a good thing imo

I've made some custom training schedules and they are keeping all my players above a 7 with most in the 8s without injuries, which is important to me as I focus on youth development

game runs much faster compared to last year

Cons

still can't remember the last time I saw a headed goal from a cross by either me or the AI - however someone else said they had 8 with Ibrahimovic so could just be me

central defenders seem a little bit dumb at times, especially when it comes to long balls over the top, however I've only reached Bundesliga 2 so our players don't have the best anticipation/decisions etc so maybe that's the reason

goalkeeper ratings still don't make sense imo, I've had games where the guy has let in 2 goals and had a rating above a 7 and games where he is attempting to keep the titanic afloat but only manages a 6.4

3 minutes ago, potbellypigs said:

I know it's a known issue but until the valuations on transfers are sorted I don't think anyone can start a proper save.

It might be something to do with the covid changes in the firsts eason in the game. SI have made changes to finances at the start of the season and there is supposed to be less money around.

https://www.footballmanager.com/news/our-approach-covid-19-fm21

Unless it is some acknowledged bug I have missed. The team I am managing have no money for transfers first season really...or until someone buys a player.

Edited by anagain

2 minutes ago, potbellypigs said:

I know it's a known issue but until the valuations on transfers are sorted I don't think anyone can start a proper save.

you could always try a youth only challenge or start with a lower league team that doesn't get much of a transfer budget

Is anyone else experiencing a high number of goals coming from corner kicks? I started new save and in every single match a goal was scored by corner kick assist and unfortunately  this is happening for seven consecutive matches. This was an issue in last year's game which was really annoying! I hope this will  be fixed because it is totally unrealistic and it will ruin the game.  Also a lot of penalties are given almost in every 2-3 matches.

3 minutes ago, george911 said:

Is anyone else experiencing a high number of goals coming from corner kicks? I started new save and in every single match a goal was scored by corner kick assist and unfortunately  this is happening for seven consecutive matches. This was an issue in last year's game which was really annoying! I hope this will  be fixed because it is totally unrealistic and it will ruin the game.  Also a lot of penalties are given almost in every 2-3 matches.

Nope ... mine is fine . 

So, for all the good stuff with the ME - and it's significantly better - I'm still conceding a high proportion of absolute rockets.

Seems like if you set a deep defensive line they don't try and play through it they just... shoot through it.

Early days, but happening quite a bit.

2 hours ago, santy001 said:

@fidelitywars might be worth raising to SI as an issue, with examples from your games if you have them, best raised in here: https://community.sigames.com/forum/800-match-engine-ai-and-tactics/

Yeah, I have - no response as yet and amazed that nobody else has mentioned it, tbh. Tackling is massively overpowered and dribbling massively underpowered, IMO - possibly balanced to an extent by passing being a little too accurate - i'm seeing strikers with 100% pass accuracy in games - surely that should never happen? 

Lack of dribbling to open teams up makes games like Burnley at home an absolute bore-draw guarantee - any side that plays 2 DMs and a cautious/defensive mentality are incredibly difficult to break down regardless of their quality.

I know this is picky, but what is the point of the little minimise question icon on journalist questions in press conferences?

FM21_closequestion.png.a32c2cef683eeb1cd30d1f30229c4e01.png

Why would I need to minimise his question? As soon as I answer it it disappears anyway.

After my next question I realise that top row journalist's questions can cover lower row journalists. But if only one question appears at a time do you need to unhide journalists?

Edited by anagain

10 minutes ago, kingking said:

What do you guys dislike about A.I Managers?

Not something that I dislike but they can be made to rotate more through their preferred formations when a formation is clearly not working for them. For example I rarely see AI managers who use their second preferred formation if for example they don't have any success with their primary formation.

COLOURS

----- Purple coloured faces to represent 'calm' is the wrong colour because its too unusual a colour for that kind of mood. (The mood bar at the bottom of the screen during a match)

I recommend blue or brown for a calmer colour.

GOAL REPLAYS

----- Recommend the SKIP button is moved to the top right to join up with that corner where i always keep the mouse pointer so i can control the game. After every replay i have to move the mouse pointer over to the left to press continue.

@2feet Purple is simply the best

revol-ver

(no ironic)

5 минут назад, 2feet сказал:

wrong colour because its too unusual a colour for that kind of mood.

This is your tactic opinion, but not a fact, a lot of people dont agree with your point

9 minutes ago, Novem9 said:

@2feet Purple is simply the best

revol-ver

(no ironic)

This is your tactic opinion, but not a fact, a lot of people dont agree with your point

Purple doesnt suggest calm

When I see purple faces on my players I keep thinking theyre angry or horny about something.

purple emoji.jpg

O6e9GzD.jpg

I've to say, I love the new data analysis. Analyst Report is easily my favourite screen this year, so much clearly presented data. Previously, you had to dig around competition stats to get an idea where you stand in comparison to others, but now you get a tidy little inbox item with a bunch of easy to understand data.

I'm wondering though, with Data Facilities no longer being a thing, how does this data change with better Performance Analysts? Do the reports get more detailed?

Hi All,

I'm not sure if I have inadvertently stumbled upon an unbeatable tactic - I doubt it. The more likely scenario would be the AI is far too passive/not adaptable or smart enough. Playing with a gegenpressing style as Portsmouth, I am demolishing teams in the FA cup (Fulham 5-1, Derby 4-0), am I top of League one and barely concede a goal with xG against is very very low. Having not played the game since FM14 days, I'm still getting to grips with the far more in depth nature of the new game; I am no expert. The game needs to be harder!!?? Either that, or Kenny Jackett is an awful, awful manager in real life.

Happy playing everyone.

I'm playing a friendly at neutral stadium & because I never checked which stadium it was beforehand (I never do) I have no idea where we're playing! Surely if we're going for realism here, I should be able to at least ask my ass man where the hell we're playing :lol:

Untitled.thumb.png.4dae3335f2f7ffff0b7079a746cfe02b.png

There's no match overview so there's nothing anywhere to tell me

Are things like this logable because I find it pretty daft? 

3 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

I'm playing a friendly at neutral stadium & because I never checked which stadium it was beforehand (I never do) I have no idea where we're playing! Surely if we're going for realism here, I should be able to at least ask my ass man where the hell we're playing :lol:

Untitled.thumb.png.4dae3335f2f7ffff0b7079a746cfe02b.png:D

They'll have to add Google maps to the 'tablet' so you can check where you are :D

9 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

Untitled.thumb.png.4dae3335f2f7ffff0b7079a746cfe02b.png

Yes, I'm looking and I realise there is no where during the match that shows where the match is being played or the attendance. The weather doesn't seem to be included anywhere either. It should be included in the notable events bit of the score bar pop up.

FM21_includeweather_attendance_ground_etc.png.b7796c187395e406bf06986946caa19d.png

It's not a bug, so I don't think it makes any difference to report it. It's an omission, in my opinion.

Ideally you would know the weather ebcause you are there. It would be nice if you knew the weather from the game being shown, but that can't be counted on.

Traditionally, you would see the attendance show from the second half onwards.

I would suspect this has all been noted by now, but I agree it's a pretty big omission. I'm sure SI are reading this forum today, even though there don't appear to be many SI about today.

Tempted to tweet Miles. :)

Edited by anagain

2 minutes ago, bobbyb12345 said:

I'm not sure the "Don't touch this match engine, it's perfect" crowd is it.

It's more enjoyable but it seems very... easy?

I think the ME is fine. The thing that might need tweaking is AI intelligence when it comes to tactical changes. This would knock on without affecting the way the ME plays therefore making it more ''challenging''. Personally, I've been finding it quite difficult! 

1 minute ago, anagain said:

Yes, I'm looking and I realise there is no where during the match that shows where the match is being played or the attendance. The weather doesn't seem to be included anywhere either. It should be included in the notable events bit of the score bar pop up.

Totally agree, just those few nuggets of useful info could easily fit above or below notable events 

3 minutes ago, Domoboy23 said:

I think the ME is fine. The thing that might need tweaking is AI intelligence when it comes to tactical changes. This would knock on without affecting the way the ME plays therefore making it more ''challenging''. Personally, I've been finding it quite difficult! 

This is a fair assessment. Although I've just won a league game 8-4

9 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

Totally agree, just those few nuggets of useful info could easily fit above or below notable events 

I tweeted Miles to ask why there's no notification of weather when the game is playing. Go to the top, I say. :eek:

11 minutes ago, anagain said:

FM21_includeweather_attendance_ground_etc.png.b7796c187395e406bf06986946caa19d.png

It's not a bug, so I don't think it makes any difference to report it. It's an omission, in my opinion.

Ideally you would know the weather ebcause you are there. It would be nice if you knew the weather from the game being shown, but that can't be counted on.

Traditionally, you would see the attendance show from the second half onwards.

I would suspect this has all been noted by now, but I agree it's a pretty big omission. I'm sure SI are reading this forum today, even though there don't appear to be many SI about today.

Tempted to tweet Miles. :)

you get that information in the tactical meeting screen before the match so think they thought you would already know, but think they should show up at half time again.

6 minutes ago, Spedding said:

you get that information in the tactical meeting screen before the match so think they thought you would already know, but think they should show up at half time again.

Weather can change regularly.

You can excuse the lack of the stadium and the attendance somewhat, I agree, but to not include the weather anywhere on the match window whilst a game is actually playing is a huge omission in my honest opinion.

I'm not negatively berating the game and the team here, I'm just saying that the weather is an important factor in a game of football. It would be ideal if one could see that it was raining easily during a match, but that's not always the case. One certainly can not see what the temperature is, wther it is cloudy or sunny or freezing cold.

There needs to be a weather indicator. I actually think it should be up at all times. It would be perfectly placed bottom right of the screen. All that is needed is a weather icon; a sun for sunny, a sun behind clouds for overcast, etc etc. Much like you see on the weather forecast. You don't need an exact temperature; just warm, cold, freezing etc.