Football Manager 2021 Early Access Beta Official Feedback Thread

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, sporadicsmiles said:

Hmm, I do not seem to be able to praise or criticise training performances. Is this expected in FM21? Is it because I delegate general training? 

I think that you cant praise or criticise for one good/bad performance but the option appears if it hapens more than once in a short period

Just now, louissiscool said:

Not sure if this has been brought up or not, but when you search for staff and pick attributes you can no longer auto select the right ones for the role anymore, will this be added back in?

This is a known bug for both staff and player search and will be fixed.

Just now, bielsadidnothingwrong said:

having to individually de-select all the players in the individual chat prompt for the team talks is so tedious, boxes should not be checked by default for a prompt for 1-on-1 interactions! come on guys, some of these problems are just silly.

if memory serves me correctly, its on their radar.

2 minutes ago, bielsadidnothingwrong said:

having to individually de-select all the players in the individual chat prompt for the team talks is so tedious, boxes should not be checked by default for a prompt for 1-on-1 interactions! come on guys, some of these problems are just silly.

You do know you are playing a beta version, right? Not something considered a finished version and you have to expect bugs? If this were in at release, I'd agree with you.

1 minute ago, CM said:

Just wondering, is there any way that we could have a new update before official release?

Personally, I want all the attention to be on the release version. This has the potential to be one of the best releases in many years. Especially given the adverse circumstances. 

19 minutos atrás, nico_france disse:

May be it’s just me but I feel like strikers are scoring a lot in this version 

I mean, the ratio shots needed for a goal scored seems higher than FM 20

Yeah I've been watching some streams and the strikers are way better, actually finishing chances and 1v1s which is great to see.

I'll still wait for release before buying in case the devs nerf strikers too much.

3 minutes ago, janrzm said:

Personally, I want all the attention to be on the release version. This has the potential to be one of the best releases in many years. Especially given the adverse circumstances. 

Me too but if possible fixing couple of things would be perfect tbh. Waiting 10 days or something for all the issues to be fixed is a bit much :lol:

Edited by CM

2 minutes ago, CM said:

Me too but if possible fixing couple of things would be perfect tbh. Waiting 10 days or something for all the issues to be fixed is a bit much :lol:

It just comes back to it being Beta. 10 days after official release for some of the present issues I'd agree but I always see this as a bonus and a chance to contribute to the game by highlighting issues. 

Enjoying this, some refreshing changes. 

One piece of simple feedback would be regarding individual instructions (and I might be missing something as it's still very new to me). It currently defaults to all the players being selected, but the option is for giving specific messages, I have to manually deselect any player I don't want to speak to.  How about 'select all' and 'deselect all' buttons?

Separately, I'm getting a lot of injuries to my key forwards.  I've brought them up to full fitness/sharpness, but all of my wide forwards have gone down with groin strains even when I'm managing their gametime.  Might be tactics, might be the game's balance (its the kind of thing we've seen before in the early release versions, so thought I'd mention in case you've seen a lot of this).

Good job!

• SI Staff
4 hours ago, bielsadidnothingwrong said:

This is one of the worst aspects of the new UI.

Have to pause the match, turn up my brightness, squint, THEN I can see where the opposition attacks from! Its the same story for the other menus if either team wears a dark kit, add something to differentiate it please. Such a small thing makes a big difference. 

Screen Shot 2020-11-12 at 6.55.22 PM.png

If you could grab that example and post it here please - https://community.sigames.com/forum/803-user-interface/ - we can investigate amending it.

• SI Staff
16 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Separately, I'm getting a lot of injuries to my key forwards.  I've brought them up to full fitness/sharpness, but all of my wide forwards have gone down with groin strains even when I'm managing their gametime.  Might be tactics, might be the game's balance (its the kind of thing we've seen before in the early release versions, so thought I'd mention in case you've seen a lot of this).

I'd be willing to put my neck on the line and say injuries are functioning as intended. This will likely be down to the players themselves, how you're managing them or simply luck.

• SI Staff
1 hour ago, bielsadidnothingwrong said:

This has been raised a number of times. We're aware of and looking into it.

• SI Staff

A gentle but firm reminder that this is the feedback thread.

We love hearing your feedback, be it positive, constructive criticism or simply meme.

However, please do not post bugs in here. If you want it fixed, it needs to be posted in here - https://community.sigames.com/forum/770-football-manager-2021-early-access-beta-bugs-forum/

"Has anyone else noticed..."

"This weird thing just happened..."

"This looks silly..."

All of those are probably bugs and we can only resolve them if you let us know in the correct place.

One day in this game's lifecycle, I would love to be able to click on a previous match and have an option to see both team line ups side by side showing the player ratings. You know, like you've been able to do in every single FM ever. 

Best we can do in this version is flip between the two pitch views. 

Do I start this player or not?

image.thumb.png.89cf110e59e069ca78e6089aea2bc89f.png

Common sense would, of course, say no. He's injured. Why then does he have a full green heart and 'fresh' fatigue levels? If you ignore the injury, all that would tell you is he's lacking some match sharpness. 

These little icons might be more 'realistic' than the percentages, but it seems there's a lot of work still to be done in how they actually function. It's making team selection more confusing. 

1 minute ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Common sense would, of course, say no. He's injured. Why then does he have a full green heart and 'fresh' fatigue levels? If you ignore the injury, all that would tell you is he's lacking some match sharpness. 

These little icons might be more 'realistic' than the percentages, but it seems there's a lot of work still to be done in how they actually function. It's making team selection more confusing. 

That's no different to FM20 when I've got a player with an orange INJ 95% condition and 78% match fitness for example. I'd still not play him

Just now, themadsheep2001 said:

That's no different to FM20 when I've got a player with an orange INJ 95% condition and 78% match fitness for example. I'd still not play him

Well it is, because the heart icon is indicating the player is at 100% condition, which is clearly not the case. 

6 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

There is code in the game that no matter how bad you do, it's still possible to get at least some jobs after being fired. Else it'd just be game over and the user would never know it. 

However this specific example of hiring may be an issue, so worth raising it on the bug forums here - https://community.sigames.com/forum/809-all-other-gameplay/

Despite my HC mode game wishes, I understand the need for this code. If I had been offered the job at even Exeter I would have understood although not smallest division

, my manager is ex Newcastle. Just so weird to not get 30-40 interviews then job 

Well noted re bug forum 

1 minute ago, themadsheep2001 said:

And that would be the same in fm20, but with numbers.

You would never see a player who is a week away from returning from an injury with 100% condition on ANY previous game. 

I do get what they're trying to do here, but it all seems so counter intuitive at the moment. I guess we'll eventually get used to it. 

• SI Staff
11 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Have you posted this in the bugs area? If not, could you do so please - https://community.sigames.com/forum/803-user-interface/

46 minutes ago, Seb Wassell said:

I'd be willing to put my neck on the line and say injuries are functioning as intended. This will likely be down to the players themselves, how you're managing them or simply luck.

I'm finding injuries to be completely fine. I got loads when I was trying out a gegenpress and not rotating players sufficiently but with proper rest I find it to be acceptable.

4 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

You would never see a player who is a week away from returning from an injury with 100% condition on ANY previous game. 

I do get what they're trying to do here, but it all seems so counter intuitive at the moment. I guess we'll eventually get used to it. 

I'd definitely had players in FM sitting on 95/78 with yellow INJ on them in FM20, its nearly always Luke Shaw

The board are still overly critical. The season objective is to qualify for the EURO cup, yet they get disappointed after every single draw. Drew against City at the Etihad...disappointed. Drew at Stanford Bridge...disappointed. Drew against Juventus...disappointed. It would imply they expect me to win every match 

7 minutes ago, SmurfDude said:

The board are still overly critical. The season objective is to qualify for the EURO cup, yet they get disappointed after every single draw. Drew against City at the Etihad...disappointed. Drew at Stanford Bridge...disappointed. Drew against Juventus...disappointed. It would imply they expect me to win every match 

Raise as bug?

8 minutes ago, SmurfDude said:

What team are you? Personally I'm finding Club Vision to be a lot more lenient this year.

For example for the past few seasons I've been finished 6th & 11th in Bundesliga 2 yet the board still only expect us to avoid relegation :thup:

great ME.

UI needs looking at. some errors and bugs when on tactics screen, in match ui would much rather have a customisable match stats where the dug out is. or even give me a custom match stats where the dugout is and put that on the left.

dont ubderstand the emojis shouts , looks like a kids game and takes away from immersion for me.

team colours on titlebars of teams and players 

some layouts such as team talks etc are a bit more awkward but may take some getting used too.

player staff search is sluggish as hell for me but thats not just this fm 

game feels smooth and quick in most areas , skin is lovely , match engine is entertaining and fun. nice to see slices improved etc 

all round brilliant so far and can be a wonderful game just iron out the big errors and the ui needs some work done. such as reversing some things that have been removed , and making certain things more user friendly

How are shouts working for others so far during matches? I can't seem to get anything other than encourage (when behind or drawing) or praise to give a positive result. demand more, focus etc all seem to get negative reactions

Just now, ajt said:

How are shouts working for others so far during matches? I can't seem to get anything other than encourage (when behind or drawing) or praise to give a positive result. demand more, focus etc all seem to get negative reactions

Don't ask me I'm a ranter.....

24 minutes ago, FMunderachiever said:

Some of Bayern Munich's players look so bad attributes wise, it doesnt make much sense to me.

The game itself i think is great, even the matchday menus im starting to like now

I think the fact that it's already at 8 pages suggests there might be an issue

although, it has been stressed (I've visited a few of them) that the beta DB is fairly old, and will see some changes for the full release
particularly when it comes due to attribute changes due to COVID (obviously not watching any games in March is a bit of a downer - particularly with youngsters as a lengthy gym stint will be invaluable for them)

My big temper past pages is a specific way to play game that I like and feel problems with. 

Objectively speaking outside of that way, the game is very very very good. 

UI tweaks / community skins and release day patch which every year improves game and this will be excellent fm

7 hours ago, HUNT3R said:

You definitely can. I have seen that people can once the season started though. Whether it's intended or not, I don't know.

So, I'd raised this as a bug, and someone on SI staff said it was intentional. Point being that you see them in training for a while, assess them and then get around to praising or criticising them (rather than doing it from the outset)

4 hours ago, FrazT said:

I think that you cant praise or criticise for one good/bad performance but the option appears if it hapens more than once in a short period

I think you can, btw. Scott Mctominay constantly has the best training rates for me, but the one week Henderson did better, option turned up for him too. I think it just starts once the season begins (and you as the manager have had enough time to evaluate.

Edited by Sherkey

• SI Staff
1 hour ago, ajt said:

That may be indicative of the personalities you have on your team. The way players react to shouts is governed by a number of factors, including but not limited to their personalities and the current match situation.